This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate that my mac book pro

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (new)

Joshua shit the bed. and that my warrenty is up... This will wind up costing me a pretty penny.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments does that mean it broke? why are mac laptops so much more expensive than other lap tops?

message 3: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Well its not completely broken. I have to take it in and see what exactly is wrong. The screen just doesnt power on when I start it up. Through a little research I've come to think somethings wrong with the Lodic Board.
There's a lot of reasons that Macs are more expensive then other laptops. First of all Mac runs exclusive software, alot of companys make machines that run Windows software so alot of them became made cheap, and since its cheap most peopl have it and so most computer viruses are fomratted for Windows, so then people often buy Macs so that they are not suseptible to so many viruses. Also Apple makes the Mac computers in a very "green" way. The computers are recycled and made for good energy consumption, the research and process of making this possible cost money so prices go up.

message 4: by Tom (last edited Jul 14, 2009 08:25PM) (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I thought they cost more so people could be more smug about them...

message 5: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu I have a 17" MacBook Pro. It's a wonderful machine. Did you get the AppleCare plan, Josh?

message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I thought they cost more so people could be more smug about them...

Amen

I handed my laptop over to the Geek Squad last Wednesday. Yesterday my back-up laptop gave up the ghost, so I had to send it in as well. I am not happy.

Servius  Heiner Should have bought a MAC. You get what you pay for. Also it is not being smug. Being smug is reserved for products that are expensive for no reason... Like a Prius; a prius does nothing to improve environmental impact, it just makes one look retarded on the highway... but hey they paid a lot to look retarded and smug.

I digress: I have heard horror story's from a few people that have had bad experiences with mac's... but most of them were hippies so I think it was user error.'Patchouli' oil, does not make your computer work better fucking hippie!

message 8: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen ewww. I hate patchouli! I worked at a store that sold oils and I spilled a whole gallon of the stuff on me. eww. ewww. ewww.

I like my Mac. I don't like that people get all bend out of shape over what technology I should or shouldn't use though. that I don't get. I could care less if someone uses a....? whatever that other kind of computer that isn't a Mac is.

and while I'm at it - leave me alone about my ipod people. I LOVE it!

Servius  Heiner The only reason I am not getting all wet about my Ipod is because.... wait for it... I fucking hate itunes. I don't like the formatting and I don't like all the licensing I have to do. I have been passing music from computer to computer since the 90's I don't have the CD to prove it is mine, or to reload as an MP3... with windows you can just switch the format over to MP3, so I just loaded all music to my toshiba work computer formatted everything to MP3 (with cover art) and then transferred it back to my mac. I still hate itunes though.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ME TOO. I always manage to crash it and lose all my playlists.

Servius  Heiner I hate when that happens.

message 12: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments That has never happened to me. Not ever. Ever. What the #$%@ are you doing to crash it?

Admittedly, I only have music. No videos or anything.

Servius  Heiner It has only happened to me twice... Now that I think about it I was loading podcasts, maybe there is something to that.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I don't know. It happens every time I accept the stupid upgrades that it's ALWAYS sending me. Then I can't open ITunes. Then I get frustrated and my husband does something.

Servius  Heiner I stopped updating a long time ago. I only do the updates I have to because some feature has changed and the update is required to run itunes. Most of those updates are security but as it has already been pointed out, security isn't an issue with mac.

message 16: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Macs are for people who are attracted to shiny objects.

Servius  Heiner MAC are for people that like their tools to function as they are supposed to.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

MACs are waaaaaaaay easier to use. For me. And I hate the fucking pop-ups on PCs! How do I turn them off?! I don't need to be notified that there are wireless networks in my neighborhood. NO FUCKING SHIT!

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Ok then. No more stupid upgrades for me!

message 20: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Pardon me, Tambo. But I don't think you even know what a PC looks like. All teachers ever use are Macs. I hated using those things when I was a "teacher".

I use the quotes because I really was awful, aaaaaaaaaand hated it.

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Montambo wrote: "MACs are waaaaaaaay easier to use. For me. And I hate the fucking pop-ups on PCs! How do I turn them off?! I don't need to be notified that there are wireless networks in my neighborhood. NO FUCKIN..."

I don't have any pop ups. Ever. And I don't have trouble looking at any websites either. And everything is compatible. I don't have to click the special "for mac users".

message 22: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) I hate any company whose main advertising scheme is to tell you that their competitor sucks. Don't tell me why they suck! Tell me why I should buy your shit. Bud Light, stop talking shit about Miller Lite and try to make your own fucking beer sound appealing to me. Same to you Mac!! Don't try to sell me by saying you're better than they are...stand on your own damn it!

message 23: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I think Sarah has a PC. I mean I know she has this little thing that is not white and doesn't have itunes, so I think that's a PC, right?

message 24: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen please try not to be intimidated by all my tech-speak bye the bye.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Rusty wrote: "Pardon me, Tambo. But I don't think you even know what a PC looks like. All teachers ever use are Macs. I hated using those things when I was a "teacher".

I use the quotes because I really ..."

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I can afford one of my own!

message 26: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Exactly.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Someday...

message 28: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments that cat will stay out for the night?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Huh? Is that some sort of euphemism? You know I'd never own a cat.

message 30: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Someday...that cat will stay out for the night.

Isn't that one of the lines from the Flintstone's theme song?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think so. This is from memory:

Flintstones
Meet the Flintstones
They're a modern stone-age family
From the
Town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history

Let's ride
with the family down the street
thru the courtesy of Fred's two feet

When you're
with the Flintstones
have a yabba-dabba doo time
a dabba-doo time
We'll have a gay old time!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

WILMA!!!!!!!!

message 33: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Okay, chiquita, not to rub it in, but I have to relish each time I'm right about lyrics. I'm usually dead wrong and the wife is usually dead right. Anyway, here you go:

Flintstones,
meet the Flintstones,
they're the modern stone age family.
From thetown of Bedrock
they're a page right out of history.

Let's ride
with the family down the street
through the
courtesy of Fred's two feet.

When you're with the Flintstones
have a ya ba da ba doo time,
a daba doo time,
we'll have a gay old time.

Refrain

Some day
maybe Fred will win the fight,
then the cat will stay out for the night.

When you're with the Flintstones
have a ya ba da ba doo time,
a daba doo time,
we'll have a gay old time.

We'll have a gay old time.

message 34: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Harry wrote: "I hate any company whose main advertising scheme is to tell you that their competitor sucks. Don't tell me why they suck! Tell me why I should buy your shit. Bud Light, stop talking shit about M..."

drinkability!!!

message 35: by smetchie (last edited Jul 15, 2009 05:46PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Marie wrote: "I think Sarah has a PC. I mean I know she has this little thing that is not white and doesn't have itunes, so I think that's a PC, right?"

or maybe a toaster? does bread go in soft and come out toasted?

message 36: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Montambo wrote: "WILMA!!!!!!!!"

....and then the cat jumps back in the window.

message 37: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments or maybe a toaster? does bread go in soft and come out toasted?

Okay damnit, I am definitely leaving now to work out.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! This is awesome.

I'm happy to have been educated about that song, Rusty. I didn't remember that at all!

For music this year with my class, I should teach them theme songs.

message 39: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Most people aren't aware that the theme song for "Bonanza" had lyrics, but it did.

We've got a right to pick a little fight, BONANZA!
If anyone fights any one of us, they've gotta fight with me.
We're not a one to saddle up and run, BONANZA!
Anyone of us that starts a little fuss knows he can count on me.

One for four, four for one,
This we guarantee.

We've got a right to pick a little fight, BONANZA!
If anyone fights any one of us, they've gotta fight with me.

I love it so much. It makes me laugh every single time.

message 40: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, guys! Keep 'em coming!

message 42: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Believe it or not, I'm walkin on air,
I never thought could feel so
free -eeee-eeee!!!!

*that's all I remember but with a show as spectacular as "greatest American Hero" it's more the stunning story lines that stick with you than the theme song.

message 43: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Come on Marie -

something something, on a wing and a prayer.
Whooooooo cooooooould it be?
Believe it or not, it's just me.

message 44: by smetchie (last edited Jul 17, 2009 07:48AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments bump ba dump
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh BUMP ba dump naaaa NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NUUHHHHHHHHHHH BUMP BA DUMP
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh BUMP BA DUMP naaaa naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nuhhhhhh.
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiirrrr, nieeer nieer neer neee neerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. deeeer dee nierrn neeeer neeeeernt.
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiirrrr, nieeer nieer neer neee neerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. deeeer dee nierrn neeeer neeeeernt.

Servius  Heiner Gretchen wrote: "bump ba dump
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh BUMP naaaa NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NUUHHHHHHHHHHH BUMP BA DUMP
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh BUMP BA DUMP naaaa naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nuhhhhhh.
d..."

heh!

message 46: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Ha!

message 47: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Rusty, I'm pretty sure it is "mmmmmhhhh, mmmmmmhhh, on a wing and a prayer" .
but you were close and you definitely got the "whooooooooo" part down.

message 48: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I stand corrected. Thank you, Marie.

message 49: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) A horse is a horse, of course of course
and no one can talk to a horse, of course...