YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Hazel (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nur Raihan (last edited Aug 31, 2015 12:53AM) (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Members of this teams are as follows:

Raihan ✔
Aqua ✔
Jennifer ✔
Amanda ✔
John ✔
Robin
Aly ✔

Can every member check in before 1st September, please?

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83074 comments Mod
Thanks for creating the thread Raihan ☺

message 3: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) no problem, Sarah :)

message 4: by Aicha (new)

Aicha (xdaqua) | 0 comments I am in :)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Thanks! Looking forward to this. It's my first time doing something like this!

message 6: by John (new)

John Spugeon | 7 comments Reading glasses (check). I'm in...

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Lol John...Bifocals- on face and not on top of head!

message 8: by John (new)

John Spugeon | 7 comments On top of head? Is it like a new accessory or something? Lol. Sometimes, when i use them long enough I forget they're perched on my nose. Like, where are those damn glasses? Uhm... you're wearing them, mister!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments My wort habit is changing to prescription sunglasses and forgetting to change back then wondering why I have a headache from eye strain and why it is so danged dark! Daughter comes in and says "mom, sunglasses" then walks away!

message 10: by John (new)

John Spugeon | 7 comments Lol Amanda. Hazards of living with four eyes.

message 11: by John (new)

John Spugeon | 7 comments What do you know about this fun our team is supposed to have after September One.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Absolutely nada. You?

message 13: by John (new)

John Spugeon | 7 comments clueless. I've never read with a group before. If it's as much fun as everyone parades it, then i'll like to judge for myself.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments I'm with you on that!

message 15: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi guys, I am also adding Aly to your team ☺

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Thanks, Sarah

message 17: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Hey everyone! I have never done a challenge so I thought I would get it a try. Thanks for having me on your team :)

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Hey Aly! I've never done one either so we can learn together!

message 19: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) I've joined this group in May and I've been joining the challenges ever since. I'm even in a serious team on the month I joined! We didn't win but getting 2nd place is not bad either :)

Anyway what's everyone going to read in September? Is anyone interested in doing a buddy read for Me before you by Jojo Moyes and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare with me? :)

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Nur Raihan wrote: "I've joined this group in May and I've been joining the challenges ever since. I'm even in a serious team on the month I joined! We didn't win but getting 2nd place is not bad either :)

Anyway wh..."

If you don't mind a reread and teaching me the ones and outs of buddy reads i can do City of Glass

message 21: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) I'm reading it for the first time! Ahhh I can help notify the mods. anyway I'm planning to read it end of September. 20th maybe? will u be okay with it?

buddy reads only counts if it takes place in the group. once the thread is set, we need to make at least 4 detailed comments for the buddy read to count. it wont be counted as a buddy read if we make lesser than 4 comments in the thread. also, remember to hide any spoilers if there's any! make sure to make full use of the html provided! :)

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Nur Raihan wrote: "I'm reading it for the first time! Ahhh I can help notify the mods. anyway I'm planning to read it end of September. 20th maybe? will u be okay with it?

buddy reads only counts if it takes place i..."

Sounds great! How do you hide spoilers and what does using html do?

message 23: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You use a html command to hide spoilers, if you type <.spoiler.> without the dots, it hides your spoiler (view spoiler)

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments thanks!

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Sarah wrote: "You use a html command to hide spoilers, if you type without the dots, it hides your spoiler [spoilers removed]"

Thanks! Hi back!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ladygator71) | 118 comments Ok I'm ready

message 27: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

message 28: by Aicha (new)

Aicha (xdaqua) | 0 comments Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to start..
Any one has a stanalone novel he wanted to buddy-read it?!

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to start..
Any one has a stanalone novel he wanted to buddy-read it?!"

I haven't read a stand alone in so long, i don't remember what thats like, lol! Any suggestions?
I'm curerently actively reading some arc's and Incarceron
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer And
Awaken

message 30: by Aicha (new)

Aicha (xdaqua) | 0 comments Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to start..
Any one has a stanalone novel he wanted to bu..."

The last standalone I read was: Ugly love by Colleen hover
Ugly Love
One of my favorites.
The Mara Dyer series is on my TBR list, it sounds quite intersting! I have 3 unfinished series that I want to finish reading but I just keep looking forward to new books and new series and I don't know what to do :'( help me out! :)
Plus: If you have any suggestions for me, I would be thankful :)

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Aqua wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to start..
Any one has a stanalone novel ..."

Girl! I have 20 books in a box in my room that I got from the library plus 2 e-books from the library and about 10 ARC's, I feel your pain!!!! I get so upset,( a little dramatic there) because life happens and I can't hole up somewhere and read to my hearts content, but if i did that I'd weigh 300 pounds!

What else are you reading or is unfinished. I have 29 currently reading in my list and I am trying to read a little of each one each day. Can get interesting sometimes as I am usually more of a sit and gorge on 1 book type reader. Plus having 3 tween/teens that have lives I must participate (there goes that drama thing,again lol!) in takes a lot of time!

message 32: by Aicha (new)

Aicha (xdaqua) | 0 comments Amanda (G42) wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to start..
Any one has a sta..."

Yes! Exactly! We need more than 24 hours a day :(
My unfinished series are: Divergent, lux (both one book left) and the Mortal Instruments (Read the first book only). But I am thinking of starting: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, I Was Here and Red Queen.

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

It would help if we didn't need to sleep, imagine how many books we'd get read then!

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Aqua wrote: "Amanda (G42) wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to star..."
Definitely read Red Queen and I have finished the Divergent series and I haven't finished the Lux series because my local libraries (I go to 3 different counties if needed) doesn't have them all. Also read all but the most recent Mortal Instruments Series. I began to get bored with it because it became a little monotonous to me.

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Sarah wrote: "It would help if we didn't need to sleep, imagine how many books we'd get read then!"

Exactly Sarah!

message 36: by Aicha (new)

Aicha (xdaqua) | 0 comments Amanda (G42) wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda (G42) wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good..."
I am already planing to leave the Mortal Instruments Series for a while (the first book shocked me) maybe the TV show will bring me up to continuing with it.

Sarah, that would be a dream come true :)

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments The movie was boring to me. i couldn't stay involved enough to finish.
Sarah, I wish there was a way to decrease eye strain too, lol!

message 38: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Aqua wrote: "Amanda (G42) wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good base to star..."

I'm planning to read I Was Here too by the end of the month! We could totally buddy read it :) (double points yay!)

I could help notifying the mods once we've choose the date :D

message 39: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) Also, I'm currently reading Pride & Prejudice. What is everyone else reading?

message 40: by Aicha (last edited Sep 02, 2015 05:21AM) (new)

Aicha (xdaqua) | 0 comments Nur Raihan wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda (G42) wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Aqua wrote: "Hey guys! I am new to this, never done a buddy read before. But I read the threads in this group and I think I have a good..."

Nur Raihan wrote: "Also, I'm currently reading Pride & Prejudice. What is everyone else reading?"

I am reading Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and I would love to do a buddy-read with u "I was Here", there is a thread Here they are starting on the 15th, we can join them if it was okay with you.

message 41: by Nur Raihan (new)

Nur Raihan (byeraihan) I'm reading Me Before You on the 16th. What a timing! Its okay I'll try my best to read two books at once or maybe finishing one first then on to another :)

message 42: by Amanda (last edited Sep 02, 2015 01:44PM) (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments I'll join y'all on the I Was Here buddy read.

message 43: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Amanda (G42) wrote: "The movie was boring to me. i couldn't stay involved enough to finish.
Sarah, I wish there was a way to decrease eye strain too, lol!"

That would be good!

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 772 comments I'm here! So so sorry about the delay in checking in.

message 46: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Deadly Messengers
I started this on 8/31 but was only at 10% on 9/1. I'm not sure how to count this because it is a Kindle ARC and doesn't have page numbers. I will be writing my reviews and wondered if I put the review link here?

message 47: by Amanda (last edited Sep 02, 2015 04:43PM) (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments Robin wrote: "My TBR is as follows

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria AveyardCinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa MeyerUnravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh MafiThe Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2) by Lori M. LeeThe 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick YanceyQueen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas

in my to read pile if you want to buddy read it.

message 48: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments I am reading Cinder at the moment along with Four

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  B Gillespie (amanda_shocknawebookblogger) | 323 comments I am so overwhelmed with multiple reads right now it isn't funny! I have to finish Frozen: Heart of Dread, Book One by tomorrow and An Ember in the Ashes by Sunday! LOL!

message 50: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Amanda (G42) wrote: "Deadly Messengers
I started this on 8/31 but was only at 10% on 9/1. I'm not sure how to count this because it is a Kindle ARC and doesn't have page numbers. I will be writing my r..."

There's a different edition which is 450 pages, so you can just clim 90% of 450 pages, which I think is 405?
You post the review on your team review thread, I'll get the link for you ☺

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.