YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Maple (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Megan (last edited Aug 27, 2015 09:07PM) (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments The members of this team are as follows:

Jamie ✔
Lilith ✔
Megan ✔
Heather ✔
Scarlet ✔
Jennifer (livresaddicted) ✔

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Checking in :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82873 comments Mod
Thanks Megan ☺

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Hi everyone! Checking in :)

message 5: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Ready!

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Hi Jamie and Scarlet! Do you know what books you might be reading next month? Maybe we could plan a buddy read or two :)

I'm willing to read any of the books on this shelf, if any look interesting to any of you. Just let me know. Otherwise, I'll be trying to figure out what I'll be reading and leave a list here. :)

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Right now, I am unsure honestly. A lot depends what I finish up this month. I know I plan on knocking out a fair share of manga (since they FINALLY count for a challenge). Otherwise I have no idea. I'll probably have a slightly better idea in c few days :)

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Hey guys! I am here checking in!

message 9: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Hey! :) I've thought about reading Fixed, Stage Dive and Marked Men series. This will take me almost 2 weeks I think.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments ready :)

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments I can read any book on this shelf for buddy read https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Jennifer (livresaddicted) wrote: "I can read any book on this shelf for buddy read https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have The Distance Between Us and The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend, want to buddy them?

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments Sure !

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Only just saw this XD I'm here!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

@Megan @Jennifer, can I join you for the DUFF?

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Lilith wrote: "@Megan @Jennifer, can I join you for the DUFF?"

Absolutely! :)

We haven't yet decided on a start date, so what works best for both of you? Any date should be fine with me.

Also, Jennifer, what date would you like to start The Distance Between Us?

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments Anytime really :)

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You're all checked in ☺

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments I am also in for The DUFF

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

@Megan, anything in the first week is fine with me

message 21: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) In for The Duff too :)

message 22: by Jamie (last edited Aug 29, 2015 04:10PM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments This link here has several books I hope to get to so if anyone want to buddy read them, let me know. Winner's Crime and Spell bound I already have set up for BRs.
http://vailiapageturner.blogspot.com/...

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Okay, how about September 3 for The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend and September 8 for The Distance Between Us?

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Jamie wrote: "This link here has several books I hope to get to so if anyone want to buddy read them, let me know. Winner's Crime and Spell bound I already have set up for BRs.
http://vailiapageturner.blogspot...."

I have Killer Instinct that I'm hoping to read next month, if you'd like to buddy it?

message 25: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Megan wrote: "Okay, how about September 3 for The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend and September 8 for The Distance Between Us?"

It's okay for me

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Megan wrote: "Jamie wrote: "This link here has several books I hope to get to so if anyone want to buddy read them, let me know. Winner's Crime and Spell bound I already have set up for BRs.
http://vailiapagetu..."

Sure! Will the 4th work for you?

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments Megan wrote: "Okay, how about September 3 for The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend and September 8 for The Distance Between Us?"

works for me !

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 4717 comments Jamie wrote: "Sure! Will the 4th work for you? "

I think it will. :)

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Yay! I also plan to read Lair of Dreams and Throne of Glass.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments I am 145 pages into Throne of Glass!

message 32: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Megan wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Sure! Will the 4th work for you? "

I think it will. :)"

I added it for the 4th then. If we start a bit early/late that is okay too :)

message 33: by Jamie (last edited Sep 01, 2015 12:59PM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Okay, so to avoid links (plus added a few extra titles) here are several books I am debating on reading. already shared on looking for buddy read thread, but my team has dibs if you want to buddy any of these. :)

Black Moon by Kenneth Calhoun Lost Tribe of the Sith The Collected Stories (Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith) by John Jackson Miller You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day Entwined (Dark Souls Series, #2) by Ketley Allison The Unicorn Thief (Unicorns of the Mist, #2) by R.R. Russell Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories by Kelly Link Dungeons and Dreamers The Rise of Computer Game Culture from Geek to Chic by Brad King Black The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1) by Ted Dekker The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown Day 21 (The Hundred, #2) by Kass Morgan Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) by Lois Lowry Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11) by Rachel Caine Evertrue (Everneath, #3) by Brodi Ashton The Burnouts (Quarantine, #3) by Lex Thomas The Shadow Dragons (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #4) by James A. Owen Thunderlight (The Dragonian, #2) by Adrienne Woods The Hangman's Revolution (W.A.R.P., #2) by Eoin Colfer Lovestruck (Sweet Valley High #27) by Francine Pascal Dark Whispers (Unicorn Chronicles, #3) by Bruce Coville Rebel Nation (Viral Nation, #2) by Shaunta Grimes Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2) by Larissa Ione Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3) by Christopher Paolini

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Hey Guys! I should get through a major chunk of Throne of Glass today so I can continue on to other books!

message 35: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Hey! I have some books for buddy read, too. Tell me if there's something that interest you.
Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard Fixed on You (Fixed, #1) by Laurelin Paige Dark Lightning by Bethany Wicker I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella Confessions of a Serial Dater by Michelle Cunnah Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) by Tammara Webber Forbidden by Alana Sapphire Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton

message 36: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Scarlet I have Confessions of a Shopaholic!

message 37: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Heather wrote: "Scarlet I have Confessions of a Shopaholic!"

Yay! :)

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments When would you like to read it?

message 39: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) How is the middle of September for you?

message 40: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Amazing!

message 41: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Yay! I'll talk with the others who want to buddy read this too and I'll tell you when we'll start it :)

message 42: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Sounds great! If you would like to do some reading sprints let me know! I hope to finish Throne of Glass tomorrow!

message 43: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) I'll think about it. I hope I'll finish my book too :) tomorrow we'll begin The Duff!! Can't wait! :)

message 44: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 02, 2015 11:30AM) (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 254 comments Scarlet wrote: "I'll think about it. I hope I'll finish my book too :) tomorrow we'll begin The Duff!! Can't wait! :)"

I'm so excited for the duff !!!

message 45: by Jamie (last edited Sep 02, 2015 07:19PM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Just FYI, I have 5 manga done, with another 6 I should have done within the next 10 hours. I will work on the reviews for them all tomorrow afternoon so that should be a few points by then. Plus I have 2 buddy reads I am working on :)

message 46: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) @Heather, here's the thread for Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10189 comments Can't wait to finish at least 1 book today!!

message 48: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Rose (scarletrose33) Hey! Is there anybody who wants to read Confessions of a Shopaholic on the 15th with me and Heather (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...) and I've Got Your Number on the 25th (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...)?

message 49: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hey guys, I've removed Heather from your team as she doesn't seem to be participating, she can be re-added if she comes back though ☺

message 50: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Sorry everyone for being a bit quiet lately. I have been really sick the past week. Slowly on the mend and trying to read once more. I have 3 buddy reads I am working on plus some graphic novels (which reviews will start going up very soon).

How is everyone else doing?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.