Start by marking “I've Got Your Number” as Want to Read:
I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  191,461 ratings  ·  12,735 reviews
I’ve lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn’t supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It’s been in Magnus’s family for three generations. And now the very same day his parents are coming, I’ve lost it. The very same day! Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive :) !!

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in o
Published February 14th 2012 by The Dial Press (first published October 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I've Got Your Number, please sign up.
Farn Yessss. Perfect if you are into easy reads and it's weekend!
Heather
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWallbanger by Alice ClaytonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
2,996 books — 6,645 voters
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Chick-Lit
2,217 books — 4,704 voters

More lists with this book...

·  191,461 ratings  ·  12,735 reviews

Start your review of I've Got Your Number
Zoë
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just read this book in one sitting because Sophie Kinsella is a hilarious and engaging author! This is my favorite book by her, including the Confession of a Shopaholic books (I know, it's a high honor). I loved the ending and how it's not a typical fairytale riding-off-into-the-sunset-and-then-they-live-happily-ever-after-and-have-twenty-kids-who-grow-up-to-be-super-attractive-blah-blah-blah ending, but you can create your own idea of what happens after the last page. SUPER cute and obviously ...more
Maggie
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Overidentifying with a Sophie Kinsella character is often a sign that you're on the verge of:

a. a nervous breakdown
b. being arrested for fraud
c. Finnish Finnish Finnish
d. all of the above

Well, Finnish Finnish Finnish because I loved I've Got Your Number and totally related to the main character, Poppy. I mean, who isn't absolutely, life-on-the-line dependent on their cell phone? Who doesn't think the Lion King was the greatest musical?! And who hasn't pretended they were an answering machine whe
mrsj
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME BOOK!!!!!
The text messages inspired me.. so.. here I am, trying a little text faces to express how I feel. :)

When i just started reading it, I was like this ------> :-O

>> OMG!!!! She is so like me in panic mode.
I totally connect with Poppy Wyatt!!
She lost her ring!! The Ring!!!! Her boyfriend's family heirloom.
They are getting married soon and she has to meet her in laws sans the ring!!
The horror!!!!!
What to do??
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Then as I read on.. i found myself doing this when Poppy l
KAS
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FUN-tabulous in every way!!

My first Sophie Kinsella experience and it was completely delightful. Her British humor had me laughing out loud so many times, I lost count.

You simply cannot walk away from this book and your heart not be full of adoring love for Poppy. Complication after complication follows her wherever she goes. She is like a walking, unassuming disaster, but all she is trying to do is help others.

This is a lighthearted ‘romance,’ but the crux of the storyline is all about Poppy’s
Michelle
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
In the beginning, “I’ve Got Your Number” seems a little silly. But as I kept on reading, the more I realized what a really clever, funny, and witty book this is. The entertaining domino effect of the loss of an engagement ring makes for an enjoyable romp.

This novel reminds me of Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn’s “Bringing Up Baby”, but instead of a lost baby leopard bringing the two protagonists together, it’s a lost phone. As in the classic film, the lead female is an adorable bundle of neurot
Megs ♥

I received this book from the Goodreads "First-Reads" giveaway, and this was my first giveaway won. I was so excited to see that I'd won Sophie Kinsella's new book. This book is going to be released on Valentines Day.

As soon as I started this book I couldn't put it down. I had the afternoon off so I just sat here and read it cover to cover. It was such a fun read. I feel like Sophie is amazing at writing characters that are just so darn loveable, you can't help but root for them. Poppy is a prim
Laurel
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, fiction, chick-lit

Okay, bear with me here. I listened to I've Got Your Number on audio immediately after finishing Stephen King's On Writing. In that book, King warns against relying too much on adverbs:

"I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs, and I will shout it from the rooftops. To put it another way, they're like dandelions. If you have one on your lawn, it looks pretty and unique. If you fail to root it out, however, you find five the next day ... fifty the day after that ...and then, my brothers a
Exina
There are moments in life that the white-chocolate Magnum ice cream was invented for, and this is one of them.

How wonderful it is when two people meet and get to know each other! The beginning, the development of a relationship, is always exciting and glamorous.

Sophie Kinsella creates very special and genuine circumstances for this romance:

- an unbelievable situation,
- a hasty engagement,
- a nosy and very vacillating fiancée,
- a very, very unstable fiancé,
- an attractive businessman
Lilyan
Just what I needed as a break from my WOT Re-read.

Lilyan's reactions as the book progressed:

First there was a lot of:

Then, as we got to know Poppy, I thought, "Oh No! Not another brainless klutz!".

Why do female authors think ditsy females are cute? They're not!

To add to the idiocy, she has no spine. *sigh*.

But then, enter Sam:

Sam's and Poppy's interactions:

Finally, when Poppy starts pulling her shit together:

There was a relapse towards the end when she reverted back to being a dumb ass, but le
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
❥ 3.75 / 5 stars

“Lover? I don’t know. I don’t know if she loves me. I don’t know if I love her. All I can say is, she’s the one I think about all the time. She’s the voice I want to hear. She’s the face I hope to see.”

OMG. I’m not dead yet because of Sam right?
Dija
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of SEP, romance, and humor.
Recommended to Dija by: Catie
Lately, only two types of books have been appealing to me: completely epic ones or completely silly ones. I've Got Your Number most definitely falls under the second category. IGYN is funny, sweet, inspirational, romantic, enjoyable, and plain fun.

Poppy Wyatt loses her priceless engagement ring mere weeks before her wedding, and her cell phone soon thereafter. While searching for the former, she comes across a phone thrown in the trash can. Justifying her actions through the timeless "Finders k
Trina (Between Chapters)
This was utterly ridiculous. I'm not saying these scenarios could never happen, but I am saying that I didn't have to just suspend my disbelief - I had to launch it into outer space.

But I could not put it down.
Lindsey
Jun 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012-goal-of-15
i am not normally the type to leave a review, but i must express how much i disliked this book. I was trying to give chick-lit a second chance after it left a bad taste in my mouth 6 or 7 years ago- but this book is just RIDICULOUS. as i see the other reviews i realize i stand alone in my opinion, but i stand by it nonetheless.
The main character lies, cheats, steals, and deceives throughout the entire book. There is not once 'scene' where she was an honest woman with integrity and grace. She kep
Mimi Smith
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I’ve thought about it and have come to the conclusion there is just no logical reason why I love these books. The plot and the situations are often ridiculous and unbelievable, full of crazy coincidences and misunderstandings, the heroines tragically scattered and lost in every way, yet I still love them. Want to know why?

Because they’re bloody funny. I can never stop laughing while reading Sophie Kinsella books. And I’ve Got Your Number didn’t disappoint.

At the beginning of the book, ou
Pang
I've lost it. :(

Once upon a time, a clumsy lady Poppy Wyatt comes through the page. She complains to herself which sound like complaining to everyone in the world that she lost her engagement ring! The ring of her fiancé’s family! And his parents are coming in the same day! Oops. and WHAT THE HECK She lost her phone, too!!! How is that possible?

Stay positive!! :)

description

Then, this poor lady Poppy Wyatt found a phone in a bin Awww… “If it’s in the bin, it’s public puberty!” So Poppy take the phone out an
Emer (A Little Haze)
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emer (A Little Haze) by: Zoha

Welcome to chick-lit 101 with all important footnotes!

Rule 1.
Our leading lady with a heart of gold is invariably marrying the wrong guy (1). He doesn't truly love her, treat her right etc etc etc....

Rule 2.
There must be a meet-cute to set hearts all a flutter (2)

Rule 3.
New boy understands girl like no one else before (3)

Rule 4.
There is A LOT of flirtation without either party realising they're flirting. They think they're just getting to know a new "friend". Texting is a GREAT medium for
Catie
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Basic elements of a Sophie Kinsella novel:

a) A daffy, non-confrontational girl who will do anything and everything (including carry out highly imaginative hare-brained schemes) to avoid her problems, and always has the best intentions at heart, even as she’s making colossal mistakes.

b) A love interest who’s a bit too structured and straight-laced, is highly placed in some sort of business setting, and who finds the main character’s hijinks to be adorable.

c) The boyfriend of the main c
Nicole
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, audiobooks, romance
This book was so much fun! Highly recommend the audiobook. Sophie Kinsella's novels are so humorous, rare are the books that can make me laugh!
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
2.5 STARS

This book did not need to be longer than 200 pages. "I've Got Your Number" has one of those plots that would be more entertaining as a movie. The first half was witty and cute & I enjoyed a great deal. It's the last 40% that bored the shit out of me. Not to mention WAY TOO MANY unnecessary secondary characters. I still might read some of Kinsella's other books.
Katie B
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
If I had to name my favorite chick-lit authors, Sophie Kinsella would be at the top of the list. Even though this one got bogged down in the second half with some work drama, I still enjoyed it.

Poppy Wyatt is engaged to Magnus Tavish. He's handsome, smart, charming, basically the ideal man. Poppy is horrified when she loses her engagement ring because it's a Tavish family heirloom. In the same night her phone is stolen but the universe corrects itself when she spots a cell phone in a garbage can
♡Karlyn P♡

I almost feel guilty for saying this, but I loved this book! It contained so much of what I normally don't like to read: a chick lit novel, situations that are just crazy over-the-top and farcical, and a sweetly clean romance story suitable for the most prudish reader. (Which I am not!)

Truth is I laughed through most of the story, and I found the evolving relationship and romance with Sam just endearing. It was a slow-burn, get to know you, then friends-to-lovers type story. I only wish we got
Anabel (inthebookcorner)
Okay that was cute! wish there was a sequel or something!
Rachel Maniacup
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All young/new adults
Recommended to Rachel by: Pang
This is my first novel of Sophie Kinsella,and I still don't know what to expect of this..but I was inspired by one of my closest friends here on GR who have read and loved this book so much.So I took this as an opportunity to read and dedicate this novel to her as she celebrates her birthday today..so,to you PANG,
HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My Review:
This is a story of Poppy Wyatt,a Physiotherapist,young quirky woman who is engaged to her boyfriend of 2 months(yes,and they're already getting married?!
Merphy Napier
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Protagonist was frustrating. So I get why so many people don't like this. But I LOVED it.

This was such a fun, packed, and adorable story and I already want to reread it. The ending was a little to cheesy for me but I rarely rate a romantic contemporary this high so this was a huge win for me! Loved this story.
emma
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
3.35/5

definitely a fun read! i wasn't in absolute love with the characters and there was a LOT of everything-goes-wrong (a bit too much for me--made me anxious!). it was a bit slow to start, but all was cute in the end and that's what matters! thanks to all of you who recommended it!
Vina
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: normal
What a beautiful story!!! So real and funny and super cute!!! Sophie Kinsella did it again, this story is so her. Poppy is a sweetheart, so kind, funny and brilliant. Sam is a perfect workaholic hottie.
Have you ever shared your phone with someone.... ... Try it once ;)
K
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 3 1/2 Finders Keepers Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

“All I can say is, she's the one I think about. All the time. She's the voice I want to hear. She's the face I hope to see. - Sam Roxton”

This was the cute story Poppy and Sam "meeting" by chance. Brought together under less than ideal circumstances, yet forging a connection through all of it.

Sophie Kinsella did a fantastic job of taking a crazy unbelievable storyline and making it totally lovable and hilarious! This story had it all
Heather
This has got to be hands down my favorite Sophie Kinsella novel. I got an audiobook of it from my local library and listened to the whole thing within a week. It was a fun, chick lit read that have me laughing out loud at times. Dear Poppy, I love you.
Dana
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love. Literally. This book was sooooooooo good. I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it. After the ending I just can't stop smiling. It's too cute. My new favorite, definitely ;)
Shaikha Alahmad
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, this book is ADORBS! 👼🏻

What if you lost your engagement ring AND your phone and you were completely desperate? What if you found an abandoned phone in a bin? Would you take it? Would you think, it's mine now, finders keepers? Would you read all the messages on it? Would you mind your own business, or would you find yourself maybe... interfering?

I've Got Your Number is about a girl called Poppy, who finds a phone belonging to a total stranger called Sam, and from that moment becomes embroile

• Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1)
  • The Devil Wears Prada (The Devil Wears Prada, #1)
  • The Hating Game
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)
  • The Flatshare
  • Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Cocktails for Three
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Love the One You're With
  • If I Never Met You
  • Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1)
  • P.S. I Love You (P.S. I Love You, #1)
  • 99 Percent Mine
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin

Articles featuring this book

"Not long ago, if you wanted to meet someone new, you’d have to attend a singles mixer or get a friend to set you up on a blind date," says roman...
“Lover? I don't know. I don't know if she loves me. I don't know if I love her. All I can say is, she's the one I think about. All the time. She's the voice I want to hear. She's the face I hope to see.” 505 likes
“We're playing Scrabble. It's a nightmare."

"Scrabble?" He sounds surprised. "Scrabble's great."

"Not when you're playing with a family of geniuses, it's not. They all put words like 'iridiums'. And I put 'pig'.”
346 likes