In the Company of Killers - DISCUSSION discussion

Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers, #6)
This topic is about Behind the Hands That Kill
BEHIND THE HANDS THAT KILL > Book #6 - BEHIND THE HANDS THAT KILL News and Updates

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maddy (last edited May 07, 2016 02:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maddy Behind the Hands That Kill is live! Amazon link: goo.gl/Vyj6b4

**Join the group read and discussion for BEHIND THE HANDS THAT KILL here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

-

Cover reveal! http://inthecompanyofkillers.com/behi...

TEASERS

2/3/16 WARNING - You might need Life Alert for this. You know, in case you fall and can't get up. https://twitter.com/JRedmerski/status...

1/31/16 https://twitter.com/JRedmerski/status...

1/15/16 https://twitter.com/JRedmerski/status...

*1/12/16* First teaser!

"I brought you here to tell you the truth. About Italy. About Nora. About everything." Victor to Izabel #BehindTheHandsThatKill (x)

-

**UPDATE 11/9**
Jessica: "For Victor's birthday I'll tell everyone that book #6 will release when you least expect it. No cover reveal. No advance notice. Just BAM!"

"It could be a week or two months from now - but I can't give hints."

-

Jessica has announced the title of the sixth In the Company of Killers book - BEHIND THE HANDS THAT KILL

And it's mostly focused on Victor! "Even the boss fights inner demons." (source)

Don't forget to add it to your tbr: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

This will be the official "updates" topic for the book. I'll add more as we get a release date, cover, teasers, etc.

Lo Bookfrantic | 29 comments OMG OMG O.M.G.....ahhhhh SO EXCITED!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 3: by Hady (new) - added it

Hady Gómez (hadytangible) | 5 comments omfg!!
description

message 4: by Fernanda (new) - added it

Fernanda Aragão (nandaaragao) | 29 comments Hady wrote: "omfg!!
"

Yep... That's the feeling Hady... THAT IS THE FEELING!!!! Lol

Lo Bookfrantic | 29 comments Hady wrote: "omfg!!
"

>>>BAHAHAHA LMAO exactly!! @Hady

Gloria Uribe (cinefilalmaximo) | 1 comments YEAH!!!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!!! I love Victor Faust!!!!!

message 7: by Sara (last edited Aug 30, 2015 01:44PM) (new)

Sara (acrazytherapy) | 1 comments I'm so excited!!! I can't wait for that!

Michelle Chambers | 11 comments any word on a release date? or cover? I'm dying

Syaza | 9 comments October 6th and still nothing. I'M DYINGGGG for any updates OTL

Maddy So far all we know is that book 6 will likely release in 2016, and the title might be changed.

There's also some really big news about the series, but Jessica can't share it yet!

Lo Bookfrantic | 29 comments Maddy wrote: "So far all we know is that book 6 will likely release in 2016, and the title might be changed.

There's also some really big news about the series, but Jessica can't share it yet!"

>>>This is awesome I hope we get more books and ohhh oh maybe a mini series on HBO?! that would be freaking awesome

Maddy Loyda wrote: "Maddy wrote: "So far all we know is that book 6 will likely release in 2016, and the title might be changed.

There's also some really big news about the series, but Jessica can't share it yet!"

..."

That's what people are speculating lol! I hope ItCoK gets turned into a TV show!

Lo Bookfrantic | 29 comments Maddy wrote: "Loyda wrote: "Maddy wrote: "So far all we know is that book 6 will likely release in 2016, and the title might be changed.

There's also some really big news about the series, but Jessica can't sh..."

>>>Yes Jessica that would be freaking awesome!!

Maddy UPDATE! Since today is Victor Faust's birthday, Jessica announced that she will RANDOMLY RELEASE BOOK 6, VICTOR'S BOOK, WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. She's pulling a Beyoncé, basically.

"It could be a week or two months from now - but I can't give hints."

Keep your eyes open ladies, the next time I update this thread might very well be to announce that Victor's book is here. :-)

Syaza | 9 comments I was seriously freaking out when I saw her tweet lol

Maddy Question! Do you ladies want to do a group read for this book like we did with The Black Wolf where I had discussion questions and we input our own theories/speculations or do you want me to just leave this thread as a base for you guys to leave your general thoughts when you finish reading?

Syaza | 9 comments Maddy wrote: "Question! Do you ladies want to do a group read for this book like we did with The Black Wolf where I had discussion questions and we input our own theories/speculations or do you want me to just l..."

Yes that would be awesome. I'd love to read what's your thoughts on what's going to happen in this book! :)

Maddy Caja wrote: "Maddy wrote: "Question! Do you ladies want to do a group read for this book like we did with The Black Wolf where I had discussion questions and we input our own theories/speculations or do you wan..."

Great! I'll leave this thread as a base for everyone to share their thoughts then!

Faiza | 2 comments any closer to a release date yet??!

Syaza | 9 comments The author tweeted this today~

"I brought you here to tell you the truth. About Italy. About Nora. About everything." Victor to Izabel #BehindTheHandsThatKill

OH MY GOD I WAS FREAKING OUT SO BADLY

Dominus~ | 22 comments Caja wrote: "The author tweeted this today~

"I brought you here to tell you the truth. About Italy. About Nora. About everything." Victor to Izabel #BehindTheHandsThatKill

OH MY GOD I WAS FREAKING OUT SO BADLY"

YES I SAW IT! MY GOD.... What does it meaaannn???!! HAHAHA

Syaza | 9 comments Another teaser!!!

"She was the only woman who ever came close to being as important to me as Izabel is." #VictorFaust #BehindTheHandsThatKill

Syaza | 9 comments Dominus~ wrote: "Caja wrote: "The author tweeted this today~

OH MY GOD I WAS FREAKI..."

It seems like Nora has a bigger role after all. But I don't know what it has got to do with Victor...

message 24: by Hady (new) - added it

Hady Gómez (hadytangible) | 5 comments All those teasers! *faints*

Syaza | 9 comments Looks like we have a new character! The Gemini
http://inthecompanyofkillers.com/

Dominus~ | 22 comments Caja wrote: "Looks like we have a new character! The Gemini
http://inthecompanyofkillers.com/"

Yes I've seen that before. Haha Is it supposed to be some twin thing :0 Oh my~~~

Imani (imani_) | 13 comments Caja wrote: "Looks like we have a new character! The Gemini

The Gemini has been there the whole time. I'm just waiting for the pictures and more info on all of the characters.

Syaza | 9 comments Imani wrote: "Caja wrote: "Looks like we have a new character! The Gemini

The Gemini has been there the whole time. I'm just waiting for the pictures and more info on all of t..."

It's been there since which book? I think it's about time we get the faces of the rest characters huh. It would be so exciting to see the faces behind the rest of the killers

Imani (imani_) | 13 comments Caja wrote: "Imani wrote: "Caja wrote: "Looks like we have a new character! The Gemini

The Gemini has been there the whole time. I'm just waiting for the pictures and more in..."

It's been there since Seeds of Iniquity was published. I really want those character pictures.

The website feels incomplete without it.

Shelita | 1 comments I can't keep living like this.

Alessia C. | 51 comments Serious question for consideration.

Do you guys think J.A. Redmerski is losing interest in writing this series? I noticed that before we've always had 2 ITCOK books a year, releasing over relatively short spans of time ~6 months or in TSATJ's case, 3 months. TBW was the first time we really agonized over waiting for a book and I recall J.A. Redmerski pushing hard just to make the July 1st deadline.

On top of the 2 ITCOK books we got per year, J.A. Redmerski also simultaneously released her lighter contemporary romance works. Last year we only got TBW even though on her website, book 6 was supposed to also release in 2015. Now we have no idea when the book is coming out and it has already been 8 months since TBW came out. It made me wonder if J.A. Redmerski was losing interest in writing the series because in a previous Q&A, I remember her saying on average it took her like 4 months to write complete a novel.

What are your thoughts on this? Is J.A. Redmerski's interest in writing ITCOK waning? Do you think this will start to be the norm - 1 book a year? Do you think she'll end the series soon?

Betül (gemiinii) | 15 comments Alessia wrote: "Serious question for consideration.

Do you guys think J.A. Redmerski is losing interest in writing this series? I noticed that before we've always had 2 ITCOK books a year, releasing over relativ..."

I have no idea, but I really hope she isn't losing interest. ITCOK is one of my all time favorite series and I need more books :P

I do wish that we could get an update about the book/series though :(

Stephanie | 3 comments I wonder as well. This series is literally my favorite. Everyone I recommend it to loves it. Yet, I think she spends a lot more time talking about and promoting her other series. It's too bad

message 34: by Amélie (new) - added it

Amélie Victoria Quinn (noctvrnal) | 42 comments Alessia wrote: "Serious question for consideration.

Do you guys think J.A. Redmerski is losing interest in writing this series? I noticed that before we've always had 2 ITCOK books a year, releasing over relativ..."

I've been getting that feeling too...

It makes it even harder to gauge where the fate of ItCoK stands since she's a very private author. She seldom updates her fans on the progress of her writing or how she's feeling about it, unlike other authors who are more interactive with their fan base and share their excitement for their books as they write it. This series is also a favorite of mine and it makes me sad to feel like J.A. is losing interest in writing it.

Spring | 14 comments Is this the longest we've waiting for an In the Company of Killers book? I really hope she isn't losing interest. This is my all time favorite series. Wish she would update us or something. She is kind of detached from her readers :(

Stephanie | 3 comments I'm also thinking that maybe this next book will be amazing and she is just taking her time to make it good. Fredrik's book came out close to the one before it. I felt like she did not have enough time with it. I still loved it but it was not as good as the others imo.

Maddy Hey ladies, Jessica said in a podcast last month that she was currently in a writer's block. She's also working on multiple projects at this time - the third "Edge" book, Everything Under The Sun, and a "huge 2-book project that [she's] very excited about". Since her romances her contracted, it's likely that she has to prioritize that over her self-published work. So while the sixth book is taking longer than everyone may have expected to release, I have no doubt it will be just as mind-blowing and thrilling as every other book in the series has been. So let's be patient!

message 38: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D | 3 comments I appreciate her work but I am done with series that are not completed timely. It scares me that the writer may not deliver a developed storyline. This has happened in other series that have been published piecemeal. I am not giving up on In the Company of Killers because of its exceptional writing but I won't try another one.

Voulag | 1 comments I couldn't agree more with you. I cannot understand why this book has taken so much time to be published. We don't have a picture of the front page or a summary of the plot...some random tweets only..I am very disappointed......

Maddy It's a SURPRISE release y'all! We're not supposed to know anything until Jessica randomly drops it on us :-) And this actually isn't the longest we've waited for a book, yet. The Black Wolf came out approx. 9 months after Seeds of Iniquity. Most authors release one book a year in their series so I think we've have it good with the first couple of books coming out within 6 months of each other. I know the waiting sucks but think about it this way: wouldn't you rather wait and have an exceptional book than have a rushed, pressured by fans book?

message 41: by Amélie (new) - added it

Amélie Victoria Quinn (noctvrnal) | 42 comments Maddy wrote: "Most authors release one book a year in their series..."

Umm that's not really true. At least not of indie authors. Let's take a look at some others. Alessandra Torre: 4 books out last year, Abbi Glines: 4 books out last year, 7 books the year before that, R.K. Lilley: 3 books last year, Jamie McGuire: 5 books last year. Just to name a couple off the top of my head. I think it's quite rare to see an indie author publishing less than two books a year these days. Even traditional authors are beginning to publish 2 or more a year. I'm just really hoping we get this book soon because it's killing me how long to have to wait. The only plausible reason it's not out yet is because J.A. isn't done writing it. It's been 8 months so she's either really dragging her feet with this one or it's on the backburner until her romance books are done.

Imani (imani_) | 13 comments I know that we really want this book to come out but we need to be patient. J.A. has other things going on than just writing her books. Yes, we want it now. Yes, it's a surprise. But we can't get angry or pressure her into giving us a story that hasn't been completed yet.

Great things come to those who wait. :)

Maddy ICYMI: Behind The Hands That Kill will release sometime before June this year.

message 45: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D | 3 comments J.A. wrote: "I didn't really want to tell anyone about this because it's personal and difficult for me (not to mention, a lot of times people don't care and are not interested in 'excuses'), but the reason this..."

I am so sorry to hear of your illness. Your health is everything and should always be your first priority. Readers do get frustrated but we tend to forget the creative writing process is not easy and certainly not instantaneously. We appreciate your dedication to your fans and your dedication to the integrity of the characters you have so thoughtfully created in this series.

All our best to you always.

Betül (gemiinii) | 15 comments J.A. wrote: "I didn't really want to tell anyone about this because it's personal and difficult for me (not to mention, a lot of times people don't care and are not interested in 'excuses'), but the reason this..."

Your health is much more important than the book!! Take all the time you need! I am glad you are doing better ;) Can't wait to read Behind the Hands that Kill!

message 47: by Proudtobebookish (last edited Mar 29, 2016 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Proudtobebookish (isaurasu) | 7 comments J.A. wrote: "I am doing much better! Thank you D and Betul. :-) After reading the concerns here that I might be losing interest in the series, I felt that I needed to put everyone's minds at ease. I'm definitel..."

JA I support you always and forever.
MY LOVE for ITCOK as muh as MY LOVE for you..
Even its take a litlle longer to be able get in victor's head, i will wait patiently and try to stay sane..
I believe you will never dissapoint us and your work also means a world to me!
Hope all is well with yaaa

Sandra Cortez (secortez) | 1 comments J.A. wrote: "I am doing much better! Thank you D and Betul. :-) After reading the concerns here that I might be losing interest in the series, I felt that I needed to put everyone's minds at ease. I'm definitel..."

JA please know that your mental health is much more important to all of us. It's just a book. A book we're all eager for but again YOU are more important. Know that we will wait patiently. Release when you are ready.

message 49: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2 comments J.A. wrote: "I didn't really want to tell anyone about this because it's personal and difficult for me (not to mention, a lot of times people don't care and are not interested in 'excuses'), but the reason this..."

You do not need to explain any delays or apologize. True fans (as myse thanks to my sister) will be willing to wait.

Now I say this because I myself suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroidism. I also have 2 disabled kids, among their dx's one is Bipolar and another is Autistic. I myself am currently in a depressive slump because of too many difficulties all happening all at once.

Please take care of you!!!!! You can't give from an empty cup. Sending positive and caring vibes your way!

message 50: by Avephoenix (last edited Mar 29, 2016 03:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avephoenix | 1 comments J.A. wrote: "I didn't really want to tell anyone about this because it's personal and difficult for me (not to mention, a lot of times people don't care and are not interested in 'excuses'), but the reason this..."

I'm so glad you're doing must better, but please know that your health is way way more important to me. I may have made a comment about being torture by the delay, but I also stated that this series and any of your books is worth the wait. Something, I'll rarely say if you want my honesty.

I have been posting about your amazing series, (which by the way I own every version of it, and can't wait for Nicklas audiobook either), because is just MIND-BLOWING. You're Brilliant, and just know that I'll be here waiting for your amaziness whenever you're ready.

Please take care of yourself, and know that you'll be in my prayers. Many blessings going your way.

« previous 1