Let's Talk Love Stories! discussion

Updated Daily, Weekly, Monthly > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by A (new)

A H | 1322 comments Mod
Share all your current reads here!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Reading Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by M. Leighton . I'm like 26% done with it and so far is pretty interesting though I feel like there's gonna to be cheating, something I hate sooo I will see how it all ends

message 3: by Ankit (new)

Ankit Saxena | 49 comments The Boy in Stripped Pajamas by John Boyne

message 4: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher It looks like most people have already read it or are planning to read it.

message 5: by Ankit (new)

Ankit Saxena | 49 comments Ya, But I am reading it now and find very interesting.

message 6: by Nandini (new)

Nandini (thenabokoveffect) I'm reading Red Queen right now and loving it!<3

message 7: by Karthikeyan (new)

Karthikeyan SD (karthiksd) I'm currently reading While My Sister Sleeps. It's really slow and since I've been reading it with a lot of breaks, it is not having the desired effect on me I guess :D

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Ankit wrote: "The Boy in Stripped Pajamas by John Boyne"

I want to read that one soo badly, I have just seen the movie.

message 9: by Ankit (last edited Sep 02, 2015 08:26PM) (new)

Ankit Saxena | 49 comments I have completed it yesterday, Andrea. It kept me stuck with it till the last page. Amazing description of WW-II time livings.

message 10: by Trish (new)

Trish Arcangelo | 2 comments I have a habit of finding a new author and then reading ALL their books before moving to another one :) Right now I'm reading through Tessa Bailey's books (contemporary romance) really like her.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Reading Baby & Bump (This & That Series, #1) by Brooke Moss , I remember starting this book a few months ago but 3 chapters in and life got in the middle of this book and me.

message 12: by Klara (new)

Klara Kathy | 9 comments At the mment, I'm reading On the Fence by Kasie West. I've just started it so I can't say a lot about it yet but it seems to be a nice, enjoyable read.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Klara wrote: "At the mment, I'm reading On the Fence by Kasie West. I've just started it so I can't say a lot about it yet but it seems to be a nice, enjoyable read."
I loved On The Fence. Hope you enjoy it!

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments I'm reading Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum

message 15: by Klara (new)

Klara Kathy | 9 comments Andrea wrote: "Klara wrote: "At the mment, I'm reading On the Fence by Kasie West. I've just started it so I can't say a lot about it yet but it seems to be a nice, enjoyable read."
I loved On The Fence. Hope you..."

Yes, it'S great! I'm not finshed yet but I enjoy it a lot.

message 17: by Ankit (new)

Ankit Saxena | 49 comments Misha wrote: "The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy"

Give me your reviews afterwards Misha, I too heard a lot of it but never made my mind for whether to go ahead or not with it.

message 18: by A (new)

A H | 1322 comments Mod
Misha wrote: "The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy"

That book was amazing. What do you think? Like the book?

message 19: by A (new)

A H | 1322 comments Mod
I'm currently on The Inimitable Jeeves and Picture Perfect

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments I'm reading Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry which so far I'm enjoying it

message 21: by A (new)

A H | 1322 comments Mod
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West and Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments I will start All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

message 23: by Aniket (last edited Sep 11, 2015 08:02AM) (new)

Aniket (aniketbarik) I'm reading A Beautiful Mind. And I literally love the book.

message 24: by Lakshana (new)

Lakshana Gowda | 7 comments Almost done with Hollywood Dirt !! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 25: by Ankit (last edited Sep 13, 2015 09:33PM) (new)

message 26: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) Ankit wrote: "Misha wrote: "The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy"

Give me your reviews afterwards Misha, I too heard a lot of it but never made my mind for whether to go ahead or n..."

Ruchi wrote: "Misha wrote: "The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy"

That book was amazing. What do you think? Like the book?"

loved it, enjoyed it thoroughly... :) here's my review > https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 27: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) currently reading Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

message 28: by Ankit (new)

Ankit Saxena | 49 comments Misha wrote: "Ankit wrote: "Misha wrote: "The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy"

Give me your reviews afterwards Misha, I too heard a lot of it but never made my mind for whether to..."

Thanks! Misha...

message 29: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments I am reading Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie . I'd been stalling on this for so long and now I can't understand what made do that!

I've also been slowly (repeat slowly) reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I am yet to see why there ahs been such a big hoo-hah for this book.

message 30: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Marie | 112 comments Ruchi wrote: "Share all your current reads here!"

I am reading Whiskey Beach for the second time Author is Nora roberts

message 31: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments Andrea wrote: "I will start All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr"

It's a touching book. You'll definitely love it.

message 32: by Phanindra (new)

Phanindra Murahari (Murahari) | 4 comments Currently I am reading "Your Dreams are mine now". Author is Ravinder Singh

message 33: by Shilpa (new)

Shilpa | 842 comments currently reading Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini

message 34: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments I'm currently reading Eldest (#2 of The Inheritance Cycle) by Christopher Paolini
Eldest  by Christopher Paolini

message 35: by Storm (new)

message 36: by Karman (new)

message 37: by Andrea (last edited Oct 31, 2015 06:32AM) (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments I'm reading Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton which is pretty funny

message 38: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments I'm reading and about to finish Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I did not like the first book in the series. It dragged on quite a lot and the main heroine was annoying.

message 39: by Ipshita (new)

Karman wrote: "1984 by George Orwell"

I bought the paperback last week. I've been meaning to read it for years now. Hope you like it.

message 40: by Ipshita (new)

Quirky Omega wrote: "I'm reading and about to finish Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I did not like the first book in the series. It dragged on quite a lot and the main heroine was annoying."

Even I did not like the first one! I did not try reading anymore of the series after that. Is this one better?

message 41: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments Ipshita wrote: "Quirky Omega wrote: "I'm reading and about to finish Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley
I did not like the first book in the series. It dragged on quite a lot and the main heroine was annoying."..."

The second one is much better. Jet does things out of the need to regain control of her life, unlike Indy in the first story, who simply could not control her irresponsible need to meddle in everything.

it is unfortunate that the first book had to be the way it was. Indy's character can repel a lot of possible readers.

message 42: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments Andrea wrote: "I'm reading Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton which is pretty funny"
I found this book pretty funny too, though it couldn't encourage me enough to finish the whole series.

message 43: by Ipshita (new)

I've also only read Wallbanger and not the rest of the series.

message 44: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments Ipshita wrote: "I've also only read Wallbanger and not the rest of the series."

Haha. We seem to share opinions on a lot of books. B-)

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments I don't know if I'm going to read the rest of the series too. I thought the book ended pretty well and that the author should have left it there.

message 46: by Ipshita (new)

Great minds and all, Omega :D

I agree with Andrea, I haven't read the rest of the books but even the synopses are not tempting me to buy them. Maybe if I get any of them for free or anything I might read them, otherwise I'm happy to stay ignorant.

message 47: by Quirky Omega (last edited Nov 02, 2015 06:39AM) (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments I had the same feelings about the synopses. They've got their happy ending. Why try to stretch it out so much?
The only series that I have read until the end is the Tangled series. Somehow, it maintained a momentum throughout, and kept us curious enough to come back for more.

message 48: by Ipshita (new)

I read Tangled as part of a pretty radical reading challenge. I simply speed-read through it so I do remember liking it a lot but did not get much involved with the story. I should re-read that one.

message 49: by Quirky Omega (new)

Quirky Omega | 57 comments Do, definitely do. I can't praise it enough.

message 50: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Marie | 112 comments Ipshita
I do take my time with read however I will speed read through books to see if I like it, if I don't then I won't waste my time on the book.
Barbara

« previous 1 3