Start by marking “Picture Perfect” as Want to Read:
Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  46,036 Ratings  ·  2,595 Reviews
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Leaving Time, The Storyteller, and Nineteen Minutes...

To the outside world, they seem to have it all. Cassie Barrett, a renowned anthropologist, and Alex Rivers, one of Hollywood's hottest actors, met on the set of a motion picture in Africa. They shared childhood tales, toasted the future, and declared their love in a fairy
Published July 2nd 2002 by Berkley (first published March 21st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Picture Perfect, please sign up.

Chelsie The Pact is my favorite, shortly behind are 19 Minutes, The Storyteller, and Small Great Things

Merelyn
Jan 13, 2008 rated it did not like it
Alas, I always tout Picoult as an authur of "good reads" but this one is BADD....It can be compared to the paperback grocery store "bodice-busters". The story idea is OK, but the writing is? ? ? Where was the editor? The only good part was when the Native Americans were in the read. Don't go for this one. Sorry Ms. Picoult.
Stacey
Aug 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: not even my worse enemy
This was, by far, the WORST book I ever read. Like many, I have this stupid rule about finishing every book I start, otherwise I would have put this book down after the first chapter. I had a hard time getting into the previous Jodi Picoult book I read but after I got into it I enjoyed it. I kept thinking to myself, maybe the next chapter will be better--it never was.
The story line was extremely slow and in the beginning bounced back and forth between present day with Cassie's amnesia to her pat
Lira
Jun 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
this book was absolutely my favourite of jodi picoult's, something opposite from the other readers. even though the indian folklore were pretty boring, the exposure of marital physical abuse is more than real. it may be a "perfect fairy tale" type of story, but maybe that's because i'm one of those younger readers.
Ct Lanop
Oct 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
I typically love Jodi Picoult novels but this one was a huge let down. She typically focuses on relevant topics and is able to capture the details of everyday life along with the real emotions her characters are dealing with; but Picture Perfect was nothing but a bad romance novel. Her portrayal of the wife battering is shallow and unrealistic. The little that she touches on Native American issues is interesting, but again, there's no real substance to anything in this novel.

I have chosen Jodi
Syndi
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to say Jodi Picoult is not my thing. After I read this book I feel like I am having amnesia just like the main character. Do not remember much of what is going on with this book.
Xeyra
Apr 09, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I finished this book a few days ago. As every Jodi Picoult book I've read, I couldn't help but feel immersed in the story, unable to put it down for most of the time, wanting to read just one more chapter so I could learn what was happening or had happened to certain characters. It was the first book by this author I've read that had no lawyer or courthouse events, which was a bit of a breath of fresh air, but it did touch on a delicate situation: abuse and violence, a subject matter that's trul ...more
Sara
Oct 11, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sara by: Marilyn, (my mom)
Shelves: audiobook
Laurel Osterkamp
Nov 11, 2007 rated it liked it
Picture Perfect, by Jodi Picoult, tells the story of Cassie, an anthropologist who’s married to the famous Alex Rivers, a movie star as talented as Daniel Day Lewis, as desired as George Clooney, and as handsome as both of those guys put together. However, things are not as great as they seem, because soon Alex begins to beat Cassie. Of course, there are reasons why he beats her (he suffered abuse as a child, his parents never loved him) and reasons why she puts up with it (she had an alcoholic ...more
Maria
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, romance, jodi-picoult
Mais uma vez Jodi Picoult aborda um tema pesado e com cenas chocantes que tem feito aumentar a já enorme legião de fãs.
Em Ilusão Perfeita a autora conta-nos a história de Cassie uma antropóloga inteligente, que trabalha para a UCLA, e de Alex Rivers, um conceituado actor de Hollywood, lindo de morrer, o sonho de qualquer mulher.
Pelo meio conhecemos também o seio da comunidade dos índios Sioux, uma comunidade fechada, mas deslumbrante.
Quando, ainda amnésica que lhe dizem que é casada com o famoso
Britta
Dec 06, 2007 rated it really liked it
"Before you decide what you want to be,... know where you want to be."

"[He] let himself fall into her, grasping at her words and the electric feel of her skin against his. He did not know what to say to her; He never knew what to say... He wished he'd learned long ago how to put into words the feeling that if she was gone, if she ever left, he would cease to exist."

"...the sky overhead was the color blue the world had been invented for."

"His eyes started slowly at the hairline and traveled down
Jodi Picoult Book...: Picture Perfect 5 84 Aug 20, 2017 05:17AM
JPathon: Chapter 24-Chapter 27 3 6 Feb 02, 2017 07:31PM
JPathon: Chapter 20-Chapter 23 3 3 Jan 31, 2017 08:33PM
JPathon: Chapter 16-Chapter 19 4 4 Jan 30, 2017 07:27PM
JPathon: Chapter 8-Chapter11 4 4 Jan 28, 2017 04:37PM
JPathon: Chapter 12-Chapter15 3 3 Jan 27, 2017 06:05PM
  • Novels by Jodi Picoult
  • When Lightning Strikes
  • Secrets She Left Behind (Before the Storm #2)
  • Eden Close
  • The Secret Between Us
  • The Edge of Winter
  • Goodnight, Beautiful
  • The Breakdown Lane
  • Things I Want My Daughters to Know
  • Pieces of My Sister's Life
Jodi Picoult is the author of twenty-three novels, including the #1 New York Times bestsellers Leaving Time, The Storyteller, Lone Wolf, Between the Lines, Sing You Home, House Rules, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes, and My Sister’s Keeper. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband and three children.

Her new novel, SMALL GREAT THINGS, is available in hardcover, ebook, and aud
More about Jodi Picoult...
“Torn between fear and something that resembled love, she wrestled with questions she never dreamed she would face: How could she leave? Then again, how could she stay?” 144 likes
“There are millions of people in the world, and the spirits will see that most of them you never have to meet. But there are one or two you are tied to, and the spirits will cross you back and forth, threading so many knots until they catch and you finally get it right.” 135 likes