Real Christian discussion

To Begin: > Help

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6160 comments Mod
Hi friends(: This is our help topic. Whether you need help in prayer, encouragement, advice or just need to talk than we are here. Thanks everyone (:

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina Praying for My Lord to inspire me at work. To show everyone I AM a Christian. Not fall back into the tactics of worldly conversation, gossip and drama. I fall at your feet my Lord and hand over there terrible sins over to you. I can't live like that anymore. Forgive my Lord. Thank you for my support of friends surrounding me.

message 3: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Amen!! Stay strong Tina!! Praying for you in my Jesus' name!! May he be with you and shine through you! Hold strong in his strength!! <3

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina I know their are others out there in need of prayer and or going threw difficult times. Maybe you don't have time to pray or just don't have the will. I am going threw a hardship myself but just now I realized so many others are too. I will pray for all in need of our Lord and His Love. His caring arms around the ones most needed. As I pray to My Lord for our healing of any ailment, be it mental or physical, I will keep in mind of His promise to always be with us. And how much He loves His children, us. Believe and it will come true.

message 5: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Aw, so beautiful friend!!! He will!!! Also praying my friends <3
Remember Jesus is the only one who will NEVER leave!!!!

message 6: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments I'm not sure where to post this. But I'm looking for a historical, romantic novel set in the 1800"s. Any ideas?
This is Bette

message 7: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

That's okay(: You just made me realize I need a folder for that. Haha xP I'll make one.... I'll be thinking of a book for that category but I'm really at a brain fog on that one. I'm sorry. But I'm site someone in the group has one ((:

message 8: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

sure**

message 9: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Bette/Wayne wrote: "I'm not sure where to post this. But I'm looking for a historical, romantic novel set in the 1800"s. Any ideas?
This is Bette"

Left you some recommendations here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 10: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Go JJ!! I'd knew you'd have some xD

message 11: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Haha! Some of my favorite books take place in the 1800's. ;D

message 12: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Hehe. I didn't know that but now I do(((;

message 13: by Aerykah (last edited Oct 19, 2015 08:09PM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Yep! That's how I had so many books to recommend! Haha! ;D

message 14: by Shelly (new)

Shelly | 24 comments Bette/Wayne wrote: "I'm not sure where to post this. But I'm looking for a historical, romantic novel set in the 1800"s. Any ideas?
This is Bette"

Hi Bette,
Janette Oke has one, I think in the 1800's called Song of Acadia with Davis T. Bunn. It's a series,The Meeting Place. It's really good. Also she has the Love Comes Softly seriesLove Comes Softly which I think is set in the 1800s also

message 15: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Nice work y'all (:

message 16: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Aerykah wrote: "Bette/Wayne wrote: "I'm not sure where to post this. But I'm looking for a historical, romantic novel set in the 1800"s. Any ideas?
This is Bette"

Left you some recommendations here:
https://www...."

Thanks Aerykah! I'll look at them ASAP. I really appreciate the attentiveness and responses I've received from this group so far. Wow!

message 17: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Shelly wrote: "Bette/Wayne wrote: "I'm not sure where to post this. But I'm looking for a historical, romantic novel set in the 1800"s. Any ideas?
This is Bette"

Hi Bette,
Janette Oke has one, I think in the 1..."

Thanks Shelly! Wow, it looks like my "to read" shelf is filling up quickly. I love it!
Bette

message 18: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Bette/Wayne wrote: "Thanks Aerykah! I'll look at them ASAP. I really appreciate the attentiveness and responses I've received from this group so far. Wow!"

You're very welcome, Bette! I hope you find some that you'll love! :)
This is a pretty great group of folks! ;)

message 19: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

It is right!! I mean you all just keep me encouraged :D Keep it up guys!! ((

message 20: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

((:

message 21: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Hey MK this is Wayne. As you may remember Bette and I are both readers' and authors'. On the author side I found a folder under the discussion heading of "Our Authors and writers" for "The Babylon Code" that is quite a sales piece (At least it attracted my interest!) Can you do this for our book or is their a better way? Some of the other discussion headings don't seem to be very active. Please talk about how to effectively reach our members. By the way we are revising our description page now and it should be ready in just a few days.

message 22: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Hey Wayne! Oh yes of course!!!! I would love to make you a folder! I'll be back on tonight and create one for you (: Well the main thing to think of is to keep a discussion going its good to identify with the members. As so you can in your folder tell a little about yourself, share some of your writing, ask people opinions and questions and such. That would be the main thing, just keep it going. I realized that most of the members rarely visit new topics but if it keeps showing up on their notifications they will eventually check it out (((; So best way to do that is to keep posting and sharing things. I hope that helps some (: I'll be back later tonight and make you a folder and send you the link :D Sorry it took so long ):

message 23: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Thanks Mary Kate, I'll be finishing up our info tomorrow or Tuesday. Can I just cut and paste it into the new folder?

message 24: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Very welcome ((: Oh of course!! That would be just fine!!! Folder will be made in just a few :D

message 25: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynjones1217) | 438 comments Pray that I don't blow up right now because I guess I can't comment on anything now....? Thank you.

message 26: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Heyyyyyy CWho!!! I'm with you, its okay *hugs* No worries. Sometimes its more of a blessing to hold your temper than to voice out. I totally understand *hugs*

message 27: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynjones1217) | 438 comments I didn't even realize who's quote it was, I just wrote down my thoughts. I thought that it was ok to do that but I guess not.

message 28: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh, that's okay!! I completely understand that! Just hang in there <3

message 29: by Madilyn (new)

Madilyn Hey y'all, I know I'm not really very active in this group, but I'm in the same place as Caitlyn rn and really don't know what do do at this point.

message 30: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

That's okay Madi!! You are always welcome here!!! (;
Aw, I'm sorry!! I know it must be confusing and troubling, just remember that y'all are never alone!! Look, I'm a very aggressive person and I have advice, y'all are probably gonna be mad at me after this but I feel like I should say it so . .... I know its hard but sometimes when you feel attacked its best just to walk away from the situation. no need to make a final statement or anything just don't look at the place again. Its hard to do that but sometimes to ignore confrontation and drama you just gotta vanish. I mean yeah stand up for what you believe in but once you do, you don't have to stick around. I know its hard. I actually had that happen on a status on here where I was standing up for my beliefs as a Christian. But when the Lord told me to let it go, I vanished from the post. You're never alone <3

message 31: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynjones1217) | 438 comments It's hard to do, because I don't want the attacker to feel victorious and keep doing it to others.

message 32: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

I know girl. Its hard. Just trust me, sometimes its better just to walk away. If there was an instance where you were worried about that then talking more only makes that person feel like they are keeping you going. *but for a sidenote I'm Still not taking sides* :P Lop

message 33: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Lol**

message 34: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@Bette and Wayne- Okay guys- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Here is the folder. I hope I got everything right. Let me know if not (:
Something else to take into consideration. This group is full of wonderful people, and if you really want to advertise your book get in touch with them. Even if its going to play a few games in the games folder, or talking in a discussion folder. People love it when you ask about them so that is always the best way (;
But I hope I helped some. Let me know if I can help anymore :D

message 35: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Thanks MK. I will post shortly and maybe play some games although time flies by so quickly!

message 36: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Very welcome (: Oh yay!!! So looking forward to it! Very understandable there! ((:

message 37: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Hey Mary, I just tried to copy and paste our product description page complete with color images, links, and some formatting but it didn't take. It shows in the comment field just like a normal post without bells and whistles. What do I need to do?

message 38: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhh, umm.... I really don't know. I haven't really pasted anything with all that stuff. You may could try copying just the words, and pasting it. Then copying and pasting the pictures and such. If that don't work.... it may be where you can't add them... There should be some way however... I'll think more on it... let me know if you figure out anything. Sorry I'm not of more help with it.

message 39: by BetteandWayne (new)

BetteandWayne Price | 34 comments Forget what I just asked since it came out close. But shouldn't there at least be a way to show the cover?

message 40: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

hmmm... Should be... I've show others do it... Let me go ask someone to see if they may know... give me just a sec... be right back...

message 41: by Aerykah (last edited Oct 26, 2015 02:55PM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments You're trying to copy & paste images directly? If so, it doesn't work that way...
You can add images to a comment like this...

...by clicking the "(some html is okay)" link above the top right corner of the comment box & finding the link that says "Image". You'll need to copy & paste the image's URL into the link. If you need more help, let me know & I'll do my best. ;)

To simply add the book cover like this:
God Moment Hearing God's Voice Sparks A Remarkable Experience by Bette and Wayne Price

Click the link that says "add book/author" above the top right corner of the comment box. Type in the book title & select "cover" at the bottom of the little box, then tell it to add.
If you're wanting a larger cover image, you'll have to follow the first instructions. :)

Hope this helps! :)

message 42: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh no. Why? What's wrong Sam?

message 43: by Sakari (new)

Sakari | 2 comments Samantha wrote: "I lost my temper. I was on another chat and I mentioned I was a Christian, and this girl blasphemed. The rules said to not disrespect each other and she was the head mod that made those rules. I sa..."

Awe ): I hope you're okay<3 I'm sorry that happened.

message 44: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Ohhhhh gotcha!! I'm sorry!! Its okay girl. That's the main thing that you asked the Lord for forgiveness! I know its hard, especially on here sometimes and its hard to keep cool. We all make mistakes!! People can be pretty nasty on here ); *hugs* I'll be prating for you and for her in fact xP

message 45: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Exactly xP

message 46: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

Oh that's completely okay!! Thats why there are two topics for such ((;

Oh yes!!! That's brilliant!! I'll be praying my friend!!! For Jesus says if you seek ye shall find and thus is also true when we search after the Lords will and how we can reach out to others!!! <<33

message 47: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I'm praying for you Sophie!!

message 48: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Prayers for you, Sophie! :)

Sometimes, when I'm going somewhere & I haven't been feeling... I dunno... just not very friendly or kind-- I kinda challenge myself to smile at as many strangers as I can & see how many smiles I can "collect" back from them. That & I'll purposely smile extra bright at the ones who look particularly... grouchy or sad. Bonus points if you get a smile back from them! ;P It really does wonderful things to brighten up your own day-- and hopefully brightens their day too! ;)
And one time, I even had a lady stop me & ask if I was a Christian. She said, "I just wondered because of the happy smile on your face." I never dreamed something like that would happen just because I decided to smile at people that day! So even a simple smile can have amazing effects! :)

message 49: by M.K., Head Moderator <3 (new)

@JJ- Awwwww that's so cool how she asked that xD xD Just wonderful ((((;

That makes perfect sense Sophie!! We are light if the world ;D

message 50: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Makes perfect sense to me, Sophie! That's just being "Christ-like", which is what "Christian" means. Something we should all strive for, right? :)

« previous 1