♥ BR ♥ discussion

King (King, #1)
This topic is about King
King (followed by Tyrant)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥  | 2388 comments Mod
Tyrant is out 17th so probably start King a few days before? And we will keep the thread for Tyrant.
@Jeanne read it!!! :))

Stephanie* | 264 comments Found it!! I'll be joining within the next day or so!! :))

Yay I'll prob start Friday :)

Stephanie* | 264 comments Were you able to start today, Ami?? I was not. Busy at work and then I had some family come to town a day early. Not going to get too much reading done this weekend! Plus my 30th birthday is on Sunday, so gonna enjoy some (multiple cocktails) with my friends this weekend! Which means minimal reading time.

Hey Stephanie. Sorry I wasn't in the mood for King but will try and fit it in today or tomorrow. Aw no worries!! Enjoy your last days in your 20s enjoy your weekend :))

message 6: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne  (jeannel1) | 2186 comments Mod
Happy Birthday, Stephanie! Everyone is turning 30 this year it seems. Well, except for Fran, she's the baby of the group...but we'll keep her since she's mature for her age. hehe.

I'm gonna start king Stephanie hope you can join in when you can :)

Stephanie* | 264 comments Thanks ladies!! Yes, let's keep Fran!! Lol.

I will try to start tonight Ami but not sure how far I'll get. Won't have too much reading time, but I'm usually pretty good at sneaking it in! ;)

Ok no probs I'll leave you some spoilers :))

message 10: by Ada (new) - added it

Ada | 295 comments YAY!!! For all of you who decided to read King.
And BOOOO!!! to Jeanne. :)))
Can't wait for Tyrant!!!

P.S. Happy birthday Stephanie!!!! I left you some gifts on your profile ;)

message 11: by Fran (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran (presspausefastforward) | 467 comments Jeanne wrote: "Happy Birthday, Stephanie! Everyone is turning 30 this year it seems. Well, except for Fran, she's the baby of the group...but we'll keep her since she's mature for her age. hehe."

LOL! Just saw this. Belated Happy Birthday, Stephanie!

P.S. I just turned 26 so I'm catching up on you guys! :))

Yay glad you made it Ada. I should be finished with King today so most probably start Tyrant tomorrow

17%(view spoiler)

22% O.O (view spoiler)

message 15: by Rejane (new) - added it

Rejane (rejanesimoni) | 298 comments Just saw this thread. You girls never sleep!!! Always a book in hand ;)
I didn't make it home yet, so I couldn't get to my reading routine yet. But I guess in 2-3 weeks things will get back to normal and I'll be able to join you. I hope.
By the way @STEPHANIE!! HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY!
I think , for what I noticed, I'm the oldest in the group. That would make your aunt, maybe???!!!!
Happy reading. I will be checking spoilers eventually

Stephanie* | 264 comments Hahaha!! Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. I'm tempted to read your spoilers Ami, but I'm going to be good. I have a feeling I'm gonna want to experience this as it goes. Just finished the prologue & oh boy. Hope to get more reading in this evening. Family is here until Saturday, so I'm gonna stealth mode my reading!! ;)

Yes it's best to experience it all without the spoilers
50% (view spoiler)

message 18: by Ada (new) - added it

Ada | 295 comments @Ami (view spoiler)

message 19: by Jeanne (new)

Hi ladies...I'm crashing the br and reading the spoilers. Lol. Hmmm, can't wait to hear more about King. Have fun! :)

Ada (view spoiler)

Jeanne its safe to say (view spoiler)

message 21: by Jeanne (new)

Haha, you know me well Ami! :)

56% @Jeanne (view spoiler)

message 23: by Jeanne (new)

Lol, this is great! :)

87% whyyyyyy!!??????!!!!! (view spoiler)

message 25: by Ada (new) - added it

Ada | 295 comments [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "87% whyyyyyy!!??????!!!!! [spoilers removed]"

I warned you :P

Stephanie* | 264 comments Geez Ami, you got through this pretty quick!! @30% now.

(view spoiler)

Stephanie* | 264 comments @40% (view spoiler)

Stephanie* | 264 comments Finished (view spoiler)

What did you think Ami?

(view spoiler)

Stephanie* wrote: "Geez Ami, you got through this pretty quick!! @30% now.

[spoilers removed]"

Yea I know I was curious too.

Alright I'm starting Tyrant. Enjoy all x

message 32: by Ada (new) - added it

Ada | 295 comments I finished Tyrant (view spoiler)

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Stephanie* wrote: "@40% [spoilers removed]"

Hahaha, that's Preppy for you.

40% into Tyrant (view spoiler)

message 34: by Ada (new) - added it

Ada | 295 comments [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "40% into Tyrant [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

67% oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (view spoiler)

69% shit! (view spoiler)

Stephanie* | 264 comments Ami!!! I've been bad at spoilers. I've finished the book. I couldn't stop reading!! I should have been working all morning but read instead! Whoops!! Lol. (view spoiler)

No worries Stephanie. I'll check our yours and Ada's spoilers in a bit once I finish. Hope that means you enjoyed it :)

Stephanie* | 264 comments Only read spoiler when finished with book! (view spoiler) Can't wait to see what your thoughts are Ami! :)

Ada - what's your overall thoughts, girly??

message 41: by Jeanne (new)

This is my all time most random thought...but! our group can have shelf names for these books. I think we should have some fun with that.:))

Stephanie* | 264 comments Another thought I just had. Has anyone else read this author before? This was my first time. I did like her writing style and think I'll start her other series soon. Wonder if it's just as dark...or worse. Jeanne, I'm gonna need to go back and look at others bookshelves for this one, I checked out Ada's. I'm just not that creative. I liked Ada's "panties need scuba gear" one. Lmao. :)

I'm crap with shelve names lol!!
Yes I've read her the dark of light and that is the book that features Jake and Abby. I was quite surprised (view spoiler)

Ada wrote: "I finished Tyrant I kinda suspected the Tyrant to be who he was *I'm not gonna tell more because you might want to open this before you find out. I like the twists and turns and all the facts about..."

Spot on Ada. My thoughts exactly!!!

Finished (view spoiler)

Stephanie* | 264 comments [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "I'm crap with shelve names lol!!
Yes I've read her the dark of light and that is the book that features Jake and Abby. I was quite surprised [spoilers removed]"

I wondered if that was them at the tattoo parlor. Kind of thought might be a coupler I'm another book. Do you meet King in that first series then?

Stephanie* | 264 comments Couple in another* on iPhone and autocorrect sucks...

I don't remember King in that book. If he did appear it was too long ago to remember. I wondered though (view spoiler)

message 49: by Ada (last edited Aug 19, 2015 05:08AM) (new) - added it

Ada | 295 comments A friend told me Kings makes his debut in Dark Needs (The Dark Light of Day, #1.5) by T.M. Frazier , I haven't read that yet, it's the second book after The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1) by T.M. Frazier . I think they both are dark, the first one definitely was.

I made that shelf when I was young and horny now I keep it because I'm old and horny :)))

My thoughts on Tyrant (view spoiler)

Thanks for the BR, ladies. Let me know when we do another.

I thought the same Ada.
We planning to do Friction by Sandra Brown tomo if anyone was interested.