Start by marking “The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)

The Dark Light of Day

(King #0)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  18,886 ratings  ·  2,134 reviews
Abby has been through hell and has survived one of the most brutal childhoods imaginable... barely.

To the outside world she is just a loner with an attitude.

When her grandmother dies in a tragic explosion, Abby is left with questions-and nothing else.

Homeless, sleeping in a junkyard, and on the run from a system that has failed her over and over again, she meets Jake, a
Published September 15th 2013 by Booktrope Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Light of Day, please sign up.
Hafsa Shakoor I haven't read king yet...but the dark light of the day is absolutely amaaazing...give it a read.. …moreI haven't read king yet...but the dark light of the day is absolutely amaaazing...give it a read.. (less)

·  18,886 ratings  ·  2,134 reviews

Start your review of The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
T.M. Frazier
Aug 02, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

image: description

Sept 21st (my birthday), will be the 5 year publishing anniversary of The Dark Light of Day. I've published a special limited edition anniversary paperback to celebrate!

image: description

"I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer...
I'd never slept better."
Jake & Abby's story is FREE for a limited time.
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2E3YuGX

photo Jakepromoadtattoo.jpg
Christy
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★ 5 Damaged Stars!!! ★★★★★

The Dark Light of Day photo a1476e93-68cb-4dea-abdb-c04954122714_zps420359d0.jpg

This was not your average love story. It was beautiful, but broken and intense. Abby and Jake’s journey was not an easy one... this story wasn’t all happy, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The writing was fluid, the plot was unpredictable and I loved how it ended.

Abby Ford has only had one person in her life who she loves, who means anything to her, her Nan. Abby had a terrible and traumatic childhood. The last four years have been the closest to normal sh
MischaS_
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, pb
After reading King and Tyrant from T.M.Frazier I was very interested in Jake's character. He had a minor role in the King series but he still was the character that I liked the most. So, I was ecstatic to learn that he has a book as well.
And I have to say that I prefer this book to the King series.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by Abby, I did not expect that I would end up liking her and my heart broke for her several times over. And if I liked Jake in King series, I like him more now, e
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
1 star

WARNING: CONTAINS MEGA SPOILERS AND A VERY RANTY CLASS A BITCH WHO CAN'T GET OVER THIS TRAINWRECK-IN-DISGUISE STORY

Aside from the ridiculously high ratings, I chose to read this book for two reasons: a personal request and a blogger friend who repeatedly assured me I would like it based off of my tastes. Too bad that this is what I think:

Insta-love makes me vomit.

Pregnancy annoys me (unless the couple is already married or if the author really convinces me).

Inserting unnecessary time gaps
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 DARK CAPTIVATING STARS!!

description

"I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer.I'd never slept better."

"We were just us.Broken and bruised.Fucked up and messy.And together we were everything we never thought we could be."

Wow this book definitely become one of my favorites!!It is so intense!! The story of Abbey and Jake is different and captivating!! This book explores a darker side of humanity...it will captivate you!!I couldn't put it down!!

The Dark Light of Day is about Abby's and Jake's life.
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

4.5 You are a survivor, you are a warrior Stars!!!

Abby might only be seventeen years old but she's been through whole lot more than people twice her age. When her Nana dies, she's left alone in the world, homeless, she ends up sleeping in a junkyard. This is when she meets Jake, he's blonde has blue eyes, but he has an inherent darkness surrounding. Abby feels safe around him, and that gut feeling is proven right when he saves her from a situation she swore she would never get back into again.

Th
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FrazierThedarklightofdayTitebySueBee_zpsc23dbad9.jpg
 photo jax-teller-riding-on-a-motorcycle_zps09a6f7c3.gif
★★★★! The Dark Light of Day (stand-alone). A beautiful tale of survival, endurance & a love that blossoms in spite of adversity!

“Hope had been stripped from me at every minute of every hour of every day for my entire life.”

The Darker Light of Day is a story about 17-year old Abby Ford who has had a horrible upbringing. and just learned that the only person who ever loved her, her grandmother, Nan just passed away.

Jake Dunn has just returned to town. He left when
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED **

This book was just... WOAH!! (4.5 stars)

After several readers told me that this was one of the best books they'd read this year, I decided to try out the first chapter just to get a taste of what they were talking about... welp, three hours later it was 4AM and I was sitting there still reading and unable to put it down. It just quietly drew me in and didn't let go.

I love books that can take me by surprise and this was one of them! It was totally unpredictable! I fi
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Broken soul to broken soul. ★'s

“We were just us, broken and bruised, fucked-up and messy, and together we were everything we never thought we could be.”

“Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”

My ♥Abby & Jake♥

“I like the way you make the silence bearable.”

“I was in love with the angel and in lust with the devil. If I were honest with myself, I'd have to say that I was in love with the devil, too.”

*Warning: contains disturbing situations, graphic viole
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 Dark and Utterly Captivating Stars

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Do you like sweet romances? Rainbows? Unicorns? Perfectly normal and non-damaged MC? Well too fucking bad! Because you're not going to get that here. Not even close. So prepare yourself for a story that's dark, gritty, brutal, devastating, gut-wrenching, keep-you-at-the-edge-of-your-seat-wanting-to-see-what-happens-next. Can't say you weren't warned.

Want me to describe my feelings
Pam
5 beautiful silence stars
“Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”

Abby is tired of having to survive and just wants to live. Taking her life into her own hands, she decides to dodges the system just for a few more weeks until her 18th birthday.

However when she is run out of her home by the case worker, she ends up with a gun pointed at her head when she is caught sleeping in her deceased grandma's truck. Abby takes Jake by surprise, and in him s
Mo
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
20, 30, 40% into this book and I was rolling my eyes saying to myself, “Are my friends crazy…. Where are all those rave reviews coming from?” But then about 50% or thereabouts we had a “moment” and it all took off for me…. It just seemed like a different caliber of writing… I could not put it down.

Abby and Jake meet in unusual circumstances. Abby has had a tough life and it just got tougher as he
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
4.5--Heart Attack Inducing--Stars!!!

I think I had like 5 heart attacks while reading this book! And now..

That was one of the most INTENSE, HEART-BREAKING, GUT-WRENCHING and PAINFULLY SAD love stories I've ever read!!!!

This book made me want to

I was

uncontrollably the last 15%.

And Owen! OMG Owen! My feelings for Owen were very passionate...and not in a loving way. In an

way!

Abby...you poor, poor thing. Damn! 17 years old. Abused by her parents, tossed around the foster care system. Finally ends
Duchess Nicole
Price drop to $.99 on Amazon for a short time!

Yeesh, what a wild ride. There were moments of pure New Adult drama, sugary sweet luv, and then BAM...I was blindsided by a completely different second half...sort of a Natural Born Killers feeling at times, and it totally rocked. Whew!!!

Abby...a seventeen year old girl literally scarred by life...her parents drug addicts who neglected, beat, and tortured her.
"I didn't consider myself suicidal. Just tired."

She hides from the world the scars on
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: The Dark Light of Day
SERIES: (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
AUTHOR: T.M. Frazier
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: September 15th 2013
MY RATING: ★★★★★

I read this initially in September 2013 and LOVED it then and have just re read it now and fell in love with it all over again

Warning: This is Abby and Jake's story, it contains unimaginable over the top disturbing situations, mind fuck violence, drug use and all those dark gritty things that send you to the bottle..

So if you wan
Jennifer Kyle
I LOVE ABBY & JAKE!

description

This book had a profound impact on me. Simply put, it made me feel. I had KNOTS in my stomach throughout the whole story. There is no way I can’t give this one 5 Stars. I can’t say that the story was perfection, or that the characters were, but I LOVED it!!

This is one of those stories where you just want to talk about it. Perhaps it’s the shock factor?
Sabrina
Get it FREE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Re read: June 18, 2015
2nd re read: January 18, 2019

Sick, twisted Abby was in love with the sick, twisted, beautiful Jake.

This is not your normal love story, no, this is a story of how dark true love can be. A story of two tortured souls coming together and fighting to survive after their tragic pasts. Neither Jake or Abby are perfect, but they are perfect together.

Abby was a broken, down on her luck, sleeping in a junkyard, 17 year old girl when she met J
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
This review is going to make absolutely no sense but its the best I can do without giving away the story

4.5 WTF just happened stars...

"How could broken plus broken ever equal whole?"

photo tumblr_mj0eqeF2KY1r9hj4to1_500_zpsaf5a2b7f.jpg

Abby is broken and has had a shitty life and Jake is broken with his own scars and somehow through fate they come together.

nothing photo tumblr_mr7t3tzQD31rlkri9o1_500_zps756ca068.gif

Sick, twisted Abby was in love with the sick, twisted, beautiful Jake.

Abby and Jake fall for each other hard. I mean like BAM!

Ok so I was reading and thinking here we go with some i
Lise *friends don't flag*
“After all, we all have darkness within us”

description

FIVE BIG- this is what I crave in a book Stars Plus…

I loved this one. It has some of the best elements of what I want in a great read. Deep, disturbing and dark characters, kickass hero and heroine, witty and snarky humor, suspense, healing love and a keep-me-on-the-edge-till-the-end storyline!

This is a debut novel, people and Wow… I am so looking forward to more from this author.

From the gut wrenching opening scene in Jake’s POV to the epilogue, Th
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
I expected Jake to be a bit darker!

I read this after reading the first seven books of the King series. I was really interested in hearing Jake’s story after reading so much about him in those books. He is such an emotionless killing machine in those books. He gets off on the blood, killing and even torture.

So I was a bit surprised at how nice he was to Abby when he first meets her and how normal he is. Also how quickly he falls in love with her. I expected him to be a little more like Dexter. No
Jen
"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."

I don't even know where to begin with this one. I adored this story, and yet there were times it was so hard and gruesome to read I didn't know if I had the courage to continue. It reminds me of another book I read recently where the bad is really horrific, but when the good happens...it is beyond beautiful! This was that kind of book for me, and I absolutely fell in love with Jake and Abby; even their twisted broken s
Jamie
Did I love this book? Yes... Did it completely fuck with my head and cause me to lose my shit several times.. hell to the fucking yes!! Holyshit!!

My emotions!!! OHMYGOD... it was like the rpm's on my heart were way past the safe level for the majority of this story.

This book popped up on my feeds late this afternoon and I knew, immediately, that I had to read it.... I JUST HAD TO READ IT. So here I am.. 2:00 in the morning and I've just finished it. Literaly.. could not put this book down.
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

photo tumblr_lytpgdlvEX1qfdwsio1_500.gif

This book was heartbreaking, warm, broken and yet filled with love . T.M. Frazier, you did it! A perfect mix of everything!

Jake Dunn is a broken soul who is surviving daddy issues after his brother and mother passed away.

" I also expected nothing from the godless world that ripped me apart at every turn. I expected nothing, until the night I met a certain redhead with an attitude. The night I met Abby Ford, my life changed forever"

"His smell was intoxicating - leather and sweat and pure
Sophia Triad
TM Frazier does not hesitate to torture her female characters until they reach their breaking point and then she lets them been tortured a bit more until they reach a new limit. And only then she lets them rise from their ashes like a phoenix and live as normal and happy as they should live.
I started this book because I got a glimpse of Jake at King's books and he looked interesting in a twisted short of way. I wanted to learn more about him. I cannot say I understood his actions, his behaviour
Georgia ♥
4 Surviving, Darkly Shining Stars

We may not have been perfect, or even acceptable by anyone else’s standards. But together, we were perfect. Together, we were just us. Battered and broken. Dark and difficult. Impulsive and scared. Everything we never thought we could be.

description

In our souls, darkness and light co-exist. Sometimes one of them prevails, but the darkness never totally consumes the light. A precarious balance holds the threads of our sanity and mends the broken pieces of our battered bodies
Smitten's Book Blog

What the fuck?! Lol! This book is bat shit crazy! And I'm feeling a little warped, because I really enjoyed it! I do love a book that makes me double-check that my moral compass is still pointing in the right direction!

I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer. I'd never slept better.

4.5 stars for Bee & Jake!

So, I love a good biker romance. It's such a guilty pleasure, reading about the depravity, corruption and extortion. The criminal activity, the killings... The things most
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I think I did it again 🤦🏻‍♀️ I had my expectations up way too high for this! I remember being so intruiged by this couple in the King series, and that along with all the raving reviews -- I was convinced that this would be a winner for me. Don't get me wrong -- I didn't hate it or anything, but I also didn't love it. I thought it was just ok. I teared up a few times, but I was expecting this mega angstfest that had me feeling the feels like crazy...and that just didn't h
Farah
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing

What a fantastic book!!!

So.. This is not your typical kind of book.
There are no hearts and flowers and rainbows...

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"

People are not good...

Life is not easy...

When 17yr old Abby's grandmother dies, she literally finds herself with nothing.

"It’s amazing what poor judgment you can have when your options are limited to practically nothing."

Just when Abby finds one person who she thinks gives a shit about her, she is sadl
Brandi
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing

4.5 They couldn't fucking break me Stars!

I have been struggling to find the right words. I want to do this book justice, but my inadequacy is weighing me down and has my mind blank. The Dark Light of Day is a perfect example of a story you need to experience with the characters. You need to just jump in and open you heart and soul to Abby's story. Life has not been easy on Abby, barely surviving her horrific childhood she finally finds a bit of love and happiness when she is placed in her gr
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Five Rip-Your-Heart-Out Torturously Dark Stars....

This ain't your Momma's fluffy romance novels. If that's your cuppa, step away now. It. Was. Brutal. And I loved it! No judging me!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This is one of those books that I walk away from writing the review feeling like I didn't review it much at all because there's very little story I'm going to give away. It seriously needs to be experienced as it comes. But I'll try...

One word to describe this book? DAMAGED.

Abby has a shit life. She's a 1

• Trigger (Devil's Reach, #1)
  • Demons (Devil's Reach, #2)
  • Unleashed (Devil's Reach, #3)
  • It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1)
  • Heart Recaptured (Hades Hangmen, #2)
  • Souls Unfractured (Hades Hangmen, #3)
  • Raze (Scarred Souls, #1)
  • Sicko
  • Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
  • Reap (Scarred Souls, #2)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Tied (All Torn Up, #2)
  • Broken (Broken Trilogy, #1)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Shattered (Broken Trilogy, #2)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
T.M. (Tracey Marie) Frazier never dreamed that a single person would ever read a word she wrote when she published her first book. Now, she is a five-time USA Today bestselling author and her books have been translated into numerous languages and published all around the world.

T.M. enjoys writing what she calls ‘wrong side of the tracks romance’ with morally corrupt anti-heroes and ballsy heroine

King (10 books)
  • King (King, #1)
  • Tyrant (King, #2)
  • Lawless (King, #3)
  • Soulless (King, #4)
  • Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King, #5)
  • Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Two (King, #6)
  • Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Three (King, #7)
  • Up in Smoke (King, #8)
  • N9ne: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater (King, #9)