YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
This topic is about Never Fade
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken - Restarting February 21st 2021

Comments Showing 1-50 of 183 (183 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Tessa | 1951 comments Description: "Ruby never asked for the abilities that almost cost her her life. Now she must call upon them on a daily basis, leading dangerous missions to bring down a corrupt government and breaking into the minds of her enemies. Other kids in the Children’s League call Ruby “Leader”, but she knows what she really is: a monster.

When Ruby is entrusted with an explosive secret, she must embark on her most dangerous mission yet: leaving the Children’s League behind. Crucial information about the disease that killed most of America’s children—and turned Ruby and the others who lived into feared and hated outcasts—has survived every attempt to destroy it. But the truth is only saved in one place: a flashdrive in the hands of Liam Stewart, the boy Ruby once believed was her future—and who now wouldn’t recognize her.

As Ruby sets out across a desperate, lawless country to find Liam—and answers about the catastrophe that has ripped both her life and America apart—she is torn between old friends and the promise she made to serve the League. Ruby will do anything to protect the people she loves. But what if winning the war means losing herself?"

*This is the second book in the series: The darkest minds.

I'm reading this together with Tara. Everyone is welcomed to join us! :)

Tessa | 1951 comments I started reading this, actually, I've just finished chapter 10. I couldn't stop myself, this book is so interesting and the world building and character development is just amazing.
I'm happy to see Chubs back in the picture and I also like the new characters added to the story. :)

Tara | 210 comments I read 5 chapters, but I can understand why you could not stop reading. I had to stop but it was hard. :)
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Tessa (last edited Feb 23, 2014 02:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa | 1951 comments Ruby is much more mature in this book. I really liked her evolution throughout the series. This author really does know how to develop her characters. Well, at least Ruby and Chubs, Liam is kinda brain-dead from what I heard :( . I think that all that messing whit his brain didn't do him a lot of good.

I also like the new added characters: Vaida and Jude sure give a new flavor to this book ^^. I have a feeling I won't get to see Zu in this book. I really liked her in the first book and in the short novel.

Tara | 210 comments Ruby does seem like she has become much more mature.
I love Chubs too!! So far Vida is interesting as a character, and I think that she will grow on me. Of the new characters I think I like Jude the best. I love his innocence.

I got through chapter 10 last night.

(view spoiler)

Tessa | 1951 comments Oh, Jude is lovely! He's a nice substitute for Zu. He's just so freaking adorable! ^^

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Tara (last edited Feb 26, 2014 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara | 210 comments So, I got to chapter 22 last night.
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Tessa (last edited Feb 26, 2014 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa | 1951 comments I can totally relate to you Tara.
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Bette (last edited Feb 26, 2014 01:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bette (bluedott19) | 1 comments I have just finished this book... like 5 minutes ago. OhMyFudge! Jude... Jude! But.. but.. grrr Clancy. And I know you're supposed to like Liam... but the girl in me who likes bad boys kinda likes Cole more. If you could combine Cole and Liam to make one whole character... my god it would be perfect! Oh and I am so team Chubs and Vida. I mean c'mon, so so great as a partnership. That scene though in the gas station and that moment!!! Ach my aching heart!!

Oh and... Hi :)

message 10: by Tessa (last edited Feb 26, 2014 01:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa | 1951 comments Yeah, Jude, I loved him so much! >.<

As a favorite male character, I think I like Chubs. Cole is sexy and Liam is confused, but in this book the best developed character is Chubs.... and Vaida. Yeah, I do think they would make a weird/hot couple XD.

message 11: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara | 210 comments Tessa wrote: "I can totally relate to you Tara.
"

I like how you summed that up!

(view spoiler)

message 12: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara | 210 comments I finished this one up last night.

I think Vida and Chubs have a love/hate relationship going on there. I would not be surprised if they ended up together in the next book.

(view spoiler)

Tessa | 1951 comments Yes, Liam does get better by the end of the book, but I didn't want to spoiler you before. I hoped you would enjoy it more like this. :)
I also don't trust Cole, but, I still don't think he's really, really bad, just thinks in a more drastic way.

About Clancy, I like him as the bad character. He's flawed in so many ways, but didn't lost his humanity completely, or if he did, that happened gradually. That makes him look more real to me.

Like I said, best point this author has is for creating real complex characters and developing them along the way.

About Jude... I'm still sobbing.

message 14: by Abbie (last edited Jul 20, 2014 12:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Restarting July 28th 2014.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Can a mod change this to may 3rd?

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 296 comments I can't wait to read this I read the first book and that cliff-hanger though

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments I know

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Restarting May 3rd AND May 11th 2015.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Soo my partner for may 3rd never replied so I found someone to do this may 29th

so can a mod change this :)

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter | 2635 comments I'm going to have to drop out of this one, overbooked my self for buddy reads this month! I'm sorry!

Twila | 940 comments I'd like to join in on this one. Any time after this Friday is good for me.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Mods, can you set the date for June 1st too? Jordan, Twila and I will read it next month. Thank you!

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83357 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date changed. Restarting June 1st 2015 Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments So excited to continue this series!

Twila | 940 comments Same here! Have you guys read the novella yet?

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments Nope. Have you read it?

Do you guys want a schedule or do it at our own pace?

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments I'm a little behind so own pace works xD just tag spoilers. And I'll read the novella with you guys if you haven't

Twila | 940 comments I've read it. It's pretty good and a lot of important stuff happens to Zu that will probably affect book 2.

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments anyone still interested in reading this?

Twila | 940 comments I'm still going to read this

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Okay cool just checking

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments I'm still reading it

Twila | 940 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Twila wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Twila | 940 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Starting tonight

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Twila | 940 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Twila wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Chapter five: (view spoiler)

Jordan (jords) | 587 comments Just got to chapter 7 but will write my thoughts later tonight when I get home so I can spoiler tag.

Twila | 940 comments Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Twila wrote: "Chapter 20 [spoilers removed]"

So agree with you! (view spoiler)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Twila wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I feel like she could make anyone angry (view spoiler)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 10 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah I agree I hate when authors do that

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Tayla wrote: "Twila wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 8 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I feel like she could make anyone angry [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Twila wrote: "Chapter 20 [spoilers removed]"

Wow I feel totally different I have t been able to put the book down

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments Chapter 25: (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4