The Book Was Better discussion

GENERAL > Books I WISH would be made into a movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 345 (345 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1688 comments Mod
What books do you wish were a movie? Keep in mind, if these books were made into a movie they might not be our favorites anymore, but dream big! Think mega budget, flawless casting, and a PERFECT script taken right from the pages of the books! Ok....GO! :D

message 2: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

So one book I really want to see on screen is The Girl in The Box! I read it when I was in middle school, but it was really haunting and stuck with me! I have though about writing it into a one act play in the round, almost did just that for my senior project in college (my degree is in theater). Not sure how known the book is, but I would LOVE to see it on the big screen!

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments haha was this topic heading due to me... :)

message 4: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Indeed!! I had the thought before, but was not sure if I should make it. But then you made me think of it again, so I just HAD to! :)

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments haha its a good heading! so apart from The Lumatere Chronicles.... hmmm I dont know! maybe 'Something like normal by Trish Doller... man i could come up with alot haha

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments oh thought of another one! have u read or know of Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa? best books! apocalyptic and paranormal.

message 7: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Just looked it up and I totally want to read it!! With the post-apocalyptic thing being so big right now there are a TUN of good books that should be made into movies right about now! One I really loved and honestly would love to see as a movie as well was Containment! It has a lot more science and smart stuff than I am used to, but it was really great!!

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments will have to check that one out... ok running away home from work. so might take awhile to respond :)

message 9: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

K!

Oh, and just cause I am thinking about it, the Dead Girl Series by Linda Singleton would be hard to make into a book, but would be so much fun at the same time! Honestly....it could almost even be a tv show!

message 10: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Thought of another one!! There is a series called Haven by Justin Kemppainen. The first book is Haven and the second is Exodus. I think they would make a really fun movie or even mini-series. I found the first one free on Kindle a while ago, and they were really good! :)

message 11: by Sidney (new)

Sidney Prescott (horrorbound) The Lunar Chronicles!!

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Dana wrote: "Thought of another one!! There is a series called Haven by Justin Kemppainen. The first book is Haven and the second is Exodus. I think they would make a really fun movie or even mini-series. I fo..."

ooh I love when the first one is free :) it's a good draw and to make fans of a new series is a great advertising idea.

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

have u read the books? did you have to wait for any of them? I finished Froi of the exciles and had to wait a whole month for Quintana of Charyn! it almost killed me hahaha

message 14: by Sidney (new)

Sidney Prescott (horrorbound) Sam wrote: "Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

have u read the books? did you have to wait for any of them? I finished Froi of the exciles and had to wait a whole month for Quintana of Charyn! it almost ki..."

Reading the second one right now.

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Dana wrote: "Thought of another one!! There is a series called Haven by Justin Kemppainen. The first book is Haven and the second is Exodus. I think they would make a really fun movie or even mini-series. I fo..."

hey its still for free :) downloaded and will read! thanks :)

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Bilbo wrote: "Sam wrote: "Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

have u read the books? did you have to wait for any of them? I finished Froi of the exciles and had to wait a whole month for Quintana of Charyn! ..."

oh enjoy! wish i could read for the first time again, i'll definately be re-reading these without the wait ;)

message 17: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Sam wrote: "Dana wrote: "Thought of another one!! There is a series called Haven by Justin Kemppainen. The first book is Haven and the second is Exodus. I think they would make a really fun movie or even mini..."

Awesome! And yeah, I LOVE when the first one is free! Totally draws me in for the next book all the time! haha

message 18: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

I just recently found out about those, and REALLY want to read them! They are on my list....but who knows when I will actually get to them! eek! haha

message 19: by Sidney (new)

Sidney Prescott (horrorbound) Dana wrote: "Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

I just recently found out about those, and REALLY want to read them! They are on my list....but who knows when I will actually get to them! eek! haha"

Do iiiiit. Seriously. They are phenomenal and you will get through them super quick cause you won't be able to put them down!

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Bilbo wrote: "Dana wrote: "Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

I just recently found out about those, and REALLY want to read them! They are on my list....but who knows when I will actually get to them! eek!..."

have you read the Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa?? also a book I would love to see as a movie if they did it well :)

message 21: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Bilbo wrote: "Dana wrote: "Bilbo wrote: "The Lunar Chronicles!!"

I just recently found out about those, and REALLY want to read them! They are on my list....but who knows when I will actually get to them! eek!..."

They are on the list...that massive one I will die before finishing! haha But near the top of the books I will be buying SOON! :)

message 22: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I think Legend is being made into a movie now.... I want to say I heard that recently. Still need to read that series. I own the first one, but have not gotten to it quite yet... haha

message 23: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) CINDER!!!!
THE RED PYRAMID!!!!
THRONE OF GLASS!!!!

message 24: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I agree soooooo much about the Red Pyramid!! However, after what they did to Percy Jackson I am quiet worried they would also destroy that books.... Such a good series though!!! <3

message 25: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) Dana wrote: "I agree soooooo much about the Red Pyramid!! However, after what they did to Percy Jackson I am quiet worried they would also destroy that books.... Such a good series though!!! <3"

Yes, and give it a director who actually read the books!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) Don't mind if I bump in here (:
A non-fiction I thought would make a cool film (think Running With Scissors...except actually good):

Driving with Dead People
Beautiful Child

as for fiction, I really wanted to see Horns get turned into a movie. There was talk about it a couple years ago but nothing came out of it. I was iffy solely because I assume the movie would have the same reactions as his father's (Stephen King) film adaptations.

Room This would be really interesting because the majority of it takes place in one decrepit room from the POV of a child who was born to a kidnapped woman and her kidnapper.

message 27: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Wow, Room sounds really interesting to read!!!! Also, Horns could be fun, and one my goof friends gave it a good rating...so I might have to check that one out too! :)

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) Dana wrote: "Wow, Room sounds really interesting to read!!!! Also, Horns could be fun, and one my goof friends gave it a good rating...so I might have to check that one out too! :)"

I would recommend Room to EVERYONE who loves to read if I could. It's absolutely amazing and truly unique. I've read stuff from a child's point of view but they sometimes got annoying. But this was done so well!

message 29: by Princess7v (new)

Princess7v | 11 comments The second and third book from the inkheart series

message 30: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Princess7v wrote: "The second and third book from the inkheart series"

I had to look it up, but I totally remember seeing trailers for that movie. Never saw it, so that gives me a chance to read it now before checking it out for sure! Looks like fun!

message 31: by Princess7v (new)

Princess7v | 11 comments I hope you enjoy before you start I should tell you that all three of the books are bigger than the Harry potter books.

message 32: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

.............oh.............okay then.....

Thanks for the warning! I will just have to make sure I have a lot of time for reading when I start! Are they fast, or does it feel like your reading a book that thick?

message 33: by Princess7v (new)

Princess7v | 11 comments I wouldn't call it a fast read. The book just has really short chapters.

message 34: by Sidney (new)

Sidney Prescott (horrorbound) Tiffany wrote: "Don't mind if I bump in here (:
A non-fiction I thought would make a cool film (think Running With Scissors...except actually good):

Driving with Dead People
[book:Beautiful Child|1..."

Horns has already been made into a film starring Daniel Radcliffe. It premiered at the Toronto film festival in September of last year.

message 35: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I just looked it up, and totally remember seeing the photo of him with the horns. Would never have put two and two together though! Thanks for the info! Now I will for sure have to read the book! :)

message 36: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) Uhm.
Excuse me as I go sob for an hour. I had no idea!

I remember them talking about it and offering Shia LaBeouf the lead role. I was not too happy with that idea. But I'm definitely going to track it down & watch it. I was obsessed with the book when I first read it!

message 37: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

More news on Horns! From what I read online it is going to be released in main theaters this year! I hope it was true, since you really want to see it, but based on what I found (or rather stumbled upon while looking at other things) it will be in theaters later this year!! :)

message 38: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina I really want to say that I want the Delirium trilogy to be a film series, but at the same time I don't. If it's done with a good budget and good actors, then yes. Otherwise I don't want it to happen.

message 39: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments So has the Delirium series ended? Just asking as you said it was a trilogy. I was just checking it out and realised it was on my to read list already. Just added the rest and the in between ones :) I'll get to them soon I hope. Thanks for the nudge to push them up my to read list ;)

message 40: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I just looked up the Delirium series. It looks really good! Will have to add it to my list for sure!!!

message 41: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Wow just finished the first book Delirium. Great recommendation Jasmina! Loved it and will be picking up the second straight away! So glad I bought the next 2 books already :)

message 42: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

So I was in the Christian book store today and I thought of a book series that could make a cool movie/tv series. Diary of a Teenage Girl! These books were just starting out when I was in high school, so for me they are really exciting to read back on and remember all the girls in my circle of friends passing around copies, crying over the intense emotional moments, or even going to get the new copies as soon as they were out!

I think as a movie it would be hard to get all the info from the books in, but a McGee and Me style show could maybe be fun! Mostly cuz I also miss McGee and Me! Anyone else read these book as well?? I know they still make more with other girls as the main focus, but I don't know how well read they still are....

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I've heard of those books, but I have not read them. Might have to add them to my PhD (piled high and deep) to-read pile! :)

message 44: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Haha I love the PhD acronym! So true :D

message 45: by lysah (new)

lysah | 31 comments ok so I just completed a book called "The Winter People" and I must admit that if a script was written well, it could be a legit horror/scary movie! its about haunted woods, a mother's love, magic, disappearances, murders, and ghost known as Sleepers (dead ppl who have been brought back to life) they aren't zombies tho. I must say the book was a nice change to my typical reading genre.

message 46: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Oh sounds like a good read I think I might check it out :D I'm interested in the sleepers definition for sure!

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments I think they are making a movie out of Diary of a Teenage Girl. Starring Alexander Skarsgard and Kristin Wiig.

message 48: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Really!??!?!?! AHHHH!! (okay...calm down self....)

message 49: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Okay...I just looked it up... Totally not the same Diary of a Teenage Girl! haha The one I was talking about is a Christian series...the movie is about a girl sleeping with her mothers boyfriend....eeek!

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments Ah I see. LOL of all the titles in the world, they use the same one. XD

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7