YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
This topic is about Split Second
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Split Second by Kasie West --> Restarting December 20th 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Greta (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Noella and I will read this when it releases on Tuesday. Join us :)

From Goodreads:
Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments May be starting this late. 3 other buddy reads on ! Oops, bad planning :P

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Noella wrote: "May be starting this late. 3 other buddy reads on ! Oops, bad planning :P"

That's ok. I started, but I'm only a little ways into it.

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I really don't want to see Duke redeemed in this book and even though I'm only like 10% in, I'm wondering if (view spoiler)
I'm also remembering all the reasons i fell for Trevor! so sweet!

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments I started this book and I kind of forgot the feeeels from Pivot Point :( Reading spoiler reviews hasn't helped. I think I'm going to reread Pivot Point again and then come back to Split Second !

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Completed Pivot Point~ Ready to dive back into Addie's story with what has happened clear in my head :D

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 25%
(view spoiler)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I think i really prefer the Addie and Trevor chapters over the Connor and Laila ones.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Greta yes me too!! But it makes you anticipate it more with Laila's parts in between :)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 39%(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 19 to 21 spoilers (view spoiler)

message 12: by Noella (last edited Feb 17, 2014 01:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 26 (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 36
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Ending thoughts
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments Me and Steph are going to start reading this on the 8th of March. Can a mod please update the title? Thank you! ^^

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82918 comments Mod
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Date Changed. Restarting March 8th 2014. Happy Reading ☺

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 17: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments Welcome :) .

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Stvilia (yaminoshihyo) | 3 comments May I join?

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Sure! :)

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna Stvilia (yaminoshihyo) | 3 comments Anna wrote: "May I join?"

Thank you:)!

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Oooh Feel free to reply to my discussion last month~ I'll be interested in what you guys have to say about this book cause last month I was kinda talking to myself! Hehe

message 22: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments I started this. 6 chapters read so far.
What I really like about this character is how real her characters feel. Really, she's good at developing them from stereotypes into real ones. Addie is not just the good girl and Laila is not just a sassy best friend. XD
(view spoiler)

Finally starting, had to get a couple of review books read first ☺

chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I like how in this book. We are seeing from Addies and Laila point of views. It changes it up so we see how Laila is doing without Addie around.

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna Stvilia (yaminoshihyo) | 3 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, in the last book, it was split between the Addie who was seeing what would happen if she moved with her dad, and the other Addie who was seeing what would happen is she didn't.

have to say it confused me a bit at first! had to read the start of chapter 2 twice to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong.

chapter 5 (view spoiler)

chapter 19 (view spoiler)

chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "Chapter 19 to 21 spoilers [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Tullia wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

Chapter 2 - [spoilers removed]"

It seemed a bit strange (view spoiler)

message 34: by Tessa (last edited Mar 08, 2014 11:45AM) (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments About ch 2:
(view spoiler)

chapter 22 (view spoiler)

chapter 25 (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Tullia wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 22 [spoilers removed]"

Chapter 22
[spoilers removed]

Edit: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I just finished this, I thought (view spoiler)

message 39: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments Wow, you guys are fast. I guess me and Steph will read at a more leisurely speed XD.

ha ha! this actually took me quite a long time to get through.

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Sorry i have been super busy this past week. but i did finish this last night.
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments Guess everybody finished this except me.

description

How far in are you Tessa? You're reading other books at the same time aren't you?

message 44: by Tessa (last edited Mar 13, 2014 01:24PM) (new) - added it

Tessa | 1951 comments Sarah wrote: "How far in are you Tessa? You're reading other books at the same time aren't you?"

Yeah, I like to switch while reading. Just like what I eat every day: something sour, something sweet, something liquid... XD

I'm still at ch 5, was waiting for Steph to return, didn't knew she was reading this wile being away. Eh well...

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Sorry. didnt know you were waiting for me. or i would of slowed down.

I like reading books straight through, I like to know what happens once I've started. If I start a book and don't finish it it bugs me!

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Hi mods! Can you change the date on this thread to July 29th? Thanks!

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Hi Mei! I started this one!

Chapter 2 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 3 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 4 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 5 - (view spoiler)

Chapter 7 - (view spoiler)

message 49: by Mei (last edited Jul 29, 2014 12:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Started! :)

Ooh. It's narrated by both Laila and Addie!

Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments YES! It was good so far!

« previous 1