Start by marking “Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)” as Want to Read:
Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)

Split Second

(Pivot Point #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  14,732 ratings  ·  1,709 reviews
Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too... but not with
Published February 11th 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Split Second, please sign up.
Melat lina they really dont because they break up later cause addie thought trevor was cheating or doing something skechy
Lenni Jones
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,146 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,421 books — 15,710 voters

More lists with this book...

·  14,732 ratings  ·  1,709 reviews

Steph Sinclair
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like cute things and swoony boys
At this point in my reading career, I am utterly convinced that Kasie West writes books just for me. No one can dissuade me that she goes to her desk at the end of her day and says, "Now, what amazingly cute story can I write to make Steph Sinclair explode into a confetti parade of happiness?" The thing is, after reading a grand total of three of her books in one year, she has never failed me on this front. The humor is spot on, the characters are entirely lovable, and I know without a doubt whe ...more
Aj the Ravenous Reader
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

I was a bit worried when I started reading this because I wasn't sure how the author was going to spin around the plot in this final installment. But I shouldn't have doubted her because Kasie West didn't fail me.

The story has become even more interesting in this sequel especially with the alternating POVs of the two heroines, Addie and Laila (one of the coolest pairs of best friends you'll ever meet.)

That's right! There are two heroines in this book who are equally developed, who have equally
Lara
My reaction upon discovering that there was a sequel to the brilliant Pivot Point:

The excitement is for the following reasons:
1. I have it on good authority that Untitled Pivot Point #2 is going to be amazing! After reading Pivot Point #1, I have a lot of well founded trust in Kasie West's abilities. And, you know...

2. Addie no longer 'desires' Duke, the annoying, cocky turd . So now she can focus on the important people *cough* Trevor *cough*.

3. Reading another story with my favourite c
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simona Bartolotta
3.5

(I rated Pivot Point four stars with an actual 3.5, so I basically enjoyed both books the same way, though I think book one is intrinsically more engaging because, let's be serious, the double-patterned plot is unbeatable; long story short, the three stars I'm giving here are due to the fact that with a four and a three the mean that comes out is 3.5, which is my actually rating for the whole duology. But the book is enjoyable just as much as Pivot Point is.)

"A wrong was just righted."

•How
Sana
3.5 rounded up because the second half of this book was just so entertaining and had me on the edge of my seat.

This book starts off right after where the first book ends. I did enjoy it, however the first half was so slow and boring, but things do start to pick up and akhskankaankanka it's fucking crazy shit.

Full rtc after my exams.

thank fucking everything i had the second book with me right after finishing the first because that ending FUCKING KILLED ME

(y'all should read it.)
Blythe
Kasie West can officially do no wrong; I am absolutely certain of it at this point. She is also the reigning Queen of Intense Endings, Lovable Characters, Snark, and Plot Twists. This, I am also certain of. I was initially unsure that anything could come close to evoking the same love I had for Pivot Point, but I'm glad I can say, also with certainty, that Split Second came pretty damn close. And even having come close to evoking the love I had for Pivot Point, that's not to say I didn't love Sp ...more
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Split Second is just another reason why Kasie West is one of my favourite authors. Along with her snarky writing, lovable characters and swoon inducing romance as well as an ass-kicking plot line, who can be disappointed?

Like Pivot Point, Split Second follows the point of view of Addie, but now with a new addition of Laila’s point of view. I was mainly worried about wanting to skim Laila’s POV since I was rooted on reading all the Addie and Trevor sc
Emer
Think high school drama featuring a bunch of teens with super mind-powers and some regular ones. Throw in a conspiracy, some forgotten memories and broken hearts. Have two completely shippable couples, an irritating ex and parents who just don't understand you and let the hi-jinx ensue!

This is packed full of batshit crazy drama. It's entirely ridiculous....

AND I LOVED IT ALL!!!!!!!

Like okay it's not perfect so it's only getting three stars but it was a seriously fun duology.

three stars
alyssa
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, 3-5-stars
3.5 Stars

“Once Addie let someone in, she was impossible to forget. There was something about her that crawled inside a person and built a nice comfy home there, her goodness expanding until it filled every limb.”

Spoilers beyond. Please read @ your own risk !

Things I Liked:

🔵 Obviously Trevor. If I were to look up the definition of perfect, Trevor would be listed under there, I swear. Not to mention, he and Addie are super super cute together <3
🔵 I liked how Duke ended up helping Addie, Lai
Laurence R.
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dying-to-read
Kasie West, I love you. When have you ever written something I didn't like?

This book puts an end to a fantastic series. The idea of a world where a small part of the population live secluded and have awesome abilities is incredibly intriguing, which is why so many readers can't stop reading once they begin. When you start reading, you're impressed by these people and wish you could have such powers, but as the story goes, you start doubting that it would be a nice world to live in, because there
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
Loved learning more about the Compound. The ending totally surprised me. I can't believe I didn't see that one coming. I still feel kind of bad for Duke even though he continues to make bad choices. I did miss getting to see two different choices unfold. Addie still does a search here and there. I would probably search everything if I were her. LOL

Lauren
Pivot Point ★★★★☆

I was a bit sceptical before reading this book. I completely loved Pivot Point and I was a bit uncertain if a squeal was necessary but now I’ve realised that it totally is! This book didn’t start off that great but as I read more, I couldn’t let go. Kasie West’s books are always so light and they put me the best mood. I am a bit upset that this is finished because I loved almost everything about this book. Pivot Pointwas much better even though I gave it the same rating but this
Cecile
Jul 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
I guess it had to happen. My first rage-quit/annoyed review of 2014

*wipes away tear of emotion*

I actually did finish the book even though I skimmed a lot through the last 15%, but that’s what you get when an incredibly predictable plot twist arrives at a point when you already are feeling pretty much over the whole read.

The worst part though? I was genuinely excited for this sequel. I didn’t adore Pivot Point, the second half was a little disappointing and the ending well…the ending seemed cre
Debby
5 stars

Kasie West does it again! Oh my god, guys, I am so happy. I want to dance around and throw confetti in the air, because obviously I've officially found my author soul mate. This is Kasie's third book, and just like the other two, it gets 5 stars from me. I mean, there's auto-buy authors, and then there's please-can-I-stalk-you-and-maybe-marry-you authors, and that's kind of what Kasie West is becoming to me. *cough* Okay. Calm down, Debby. Cool it.

Split Second picks up right where Pivot P
Jodi Meadows
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fast and fun finale to PIVOT POINT.
Anja H.
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.75 TIMELESS STARS*

“My mom always tells me that if I feel like punching someone, first I have to say something nice to them. Out loud. If I still feel like punching them, they probably deserve it.”

Still a very good book but I liked this one slightly less than the first one.
The ending felt a bit rushed in my opinion.
I loved the alternating chapters from Laila and Addie's point of view. We got to know Laila so much better now, and I totally ship her with Connor!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
It had been way too long since I have read Pivot Point before I started this so I went into it not quite remembering everything that happened before but still very much eager to start it. I loved Pivot Point and more importantly, I love West's book so regardless of knowing or remembering it all, I jumped right in without hesitation.

I just love Trevor and Addie but I have to say, Leila and Connor were every bit as fabulous.

I had my doubts on whether I would love getting a dual point of view betwe
Jana
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was soll ich sagen, Kasie West hat mich auch mit dem zweiten Band nicht enttäuscht :) Klar vergleicht man den Folgeband immer mit dem ersten Band, welcher mir einen Ticken besser gefallen hatte. Hauptsächlich lag es daran, dass ich die Momente im ersten Band zwischen Addie und ihrem Typen (keinen Namen, sonst wäre es ein Spoiler zum ersten Band) süsser und romantischer fand. Im zweiten Band fand ich es andererseits toll, dass man Laila besser kennenlernte und auch mehr über den Sektor erfuhr. Di ...more
Khadidja ~on hiatus~
Loved this one more than the first book!!
Definitely not because of Trevor and the powers' development
Elena Salvatore
It's been a while that Addie and Laila were rescued from Bobby. Since then things only got worse.
Duke won't stop bothering her.
She still doesn't know what went down between him and Lila.
Her parents still getting divorced.
And what's worst of all, she doesn't remember anything about how her other live could've been. She thinks that it's really bad and that's why she decided to stay with her mother.
(If she listened to me, she wouldn't have this problems).

So when she visits her dad, she has no memor
Jaime Arkin
OMG I <3 Kasie West forever and Trevor and Connor and Addie & Laila ... Just amazing.

I know you’re all dying to get your hands on this book… Pivot Point started as one of my favorite reads of the year, and 200plus books later it’s still at the top. I quickly realized how much love I had for Kasie West. I was so excited when I found out that there would be a book 2.

If you haven’t read Pivot Point, turn away. Now. My comments will probably spoil what happens because there is no way I can
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

**Warning! If you haven’t read Pivot Point which is the first book in the duology by Kasie West, there will be spoilers ahead. You can read my review of the first book instead if you haven’t started the series yet!**

Split Second by Kasie West is the second book in the Pivot Point duology and it is everything I wanted out of this story. Split Second picks up after the events of the first book, as if Addie has chosen to live with her mother and the events in
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

There is a special place in my heart for those authors who can turn out quality book after quality book at a quick pace. Of course, I love the authors who write their beautiful novels slowly, but the Kasie Wests of the world, who can write two delightful, feels-inducing novels a year? They keep me in happy things to read, and I thank them for it. This is my third Kasie West book, and I feel like she can do no wrong with me. Split Second is every bit as fun, humorous and s
Kathy
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Great sequel. I knew the plot line of the first book before reading it but had no clue where this one was headed. Held my attention and I loved both Addie & Laila's storylines. Kasie West is on my favorite author list for sure.

Content: Clean
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

Most YA books are all essentially the same old story with the same old boring speshul snowflake heroine plodding along in her snowflakey way and being all insufferable and boring. In a lot of ways Split Second was no different to the usual YA but for some reason all the cliches and tropes came together and worked for me. The story was entertaining and easy to immerse into, the characters (bar one or two) didn't make me want to pull my hair out, and the dual POV and intertwini
Ari
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal

The first half was fabulous, the second one left me confused (too much convenience and I didn't actually buy the resolution). Anyways, a fun read with a lot of action and some interesting do-overs. :)

THE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE …

The characters are as great as before.

We get to see both Addie and Laila coping with what happened in the first book, we get to see their friendship shine through all that darkness. These two can not be any more different (and this goes also for their romances), but their frie
Meg
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5 Reasons I Can’t Believe You’re Reading This When You Could Be Reading Split Second:

1. Trevor.

Trevor is amazing. He’s one of those all-around super-fantastic, incredibly nice guy book boyfriends (you know, the Levis and Hectors and Tuckers and have I mentioned how much I love this trend?) He’s kind of the best thing ever and should be enough to pick up the book right there.

description

If you need further reasoning (though, seriously, Trevor) head over to Cuddlebuggery.
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
So I have now read all books released by Kasie West so far. I've loved them all and gave them all 5 stars because she never ceases to amaze me with her writing and plot lines.
I fall in love with her characters.
Split Second was not a disappointment.
I enjoyed how the duology was finished, and it gave me a satisfied feeling.
I can't wait to see what she brings next.
Play Book Tag: Split Second by Kasie West ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1 11 Jan 16, 2017 03:10PM
A third? 5 85 Jun 14, 2015 12:47PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Split Second by Kasie West --> Restarting December 20th 2014 74 80 Dec 22, 2014 04:51AM
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Secret (Elemental, #4)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Burn Bright (Dark Star, #2)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Ask Again Later
  • Let the Storm Break (Sky Fall, #2)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • Icon of the Indecisive
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Frozen (Taken, #2)
  • Witchrise (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Vortex (Tempest, #2)
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, and BY YOUR SIDE. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.

Pivot Point (2 books)
  • Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)
“He sighed. "Does it get tiring?"
"What?"
"Always thinking you're right."
I smiled. "No, not really. It's other people not realizing I'm right that gets tiring.”
55 likes