Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Authors > Authors that Cross Age Groups

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 27 comments I am putting together a project and need some help.

What are some great authors that don't write for just one age group or grade level? I am looking for authors whose writing spans from picture books through teens--who students can grow up with.

Some authors that I have thought of, include:
Jane Yolen
Jacqueline Woodson
Lloyd Alexander
Ursula LeGuin
Walter Dean Myers
Gary Soto
Pam Munoz Ryan

Who else?

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken I commented in the other group (and what I wouldn't do to MERGE these three YA groups I am a member of... it's like hitting toggle switches or something!).

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (danm) | 11 comments E.L. Konigsburg has at least one picture book, and Bruce Coville has adapted a number of Shakespeare's plays into picture books.

Douglas Wood has a book of essays for adult readers.

message 4: by John (new)

John (i_am_sam_i_am) | 1 comments Neil Gaiman has a couple picture books and plenty of novels for teens and adults. I'm not sure about him for younger kids as I haven't yet read any of his novels.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Cornelia Funke has written some great picture books (my favorite is Princess Pigsty) as well as The Thief Lord and the Inkheart/Inkspell books, which are geared toward pre- or young teens.

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 27 comments I just found out that M.T. Anderson has written picture books! Who knew. Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Sharon Creech. She has written a couple picture books, I think. She also has books that I enjoyed in about 4th grade and still enjoy now. (by the way I am a teenager) She is an amazing author.