Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Feb 04, 2014 09:07AM) (new) - added it

Sarah Ok so first off let me refresh you on The Prophecy Of Seven:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
To storm or fire, the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death

So just another freaky prophecy right? Well yeah it is, but I think this freaky prophecy predicts the ultimate death of Leo Valdez. You see the bold lines are the ones that scare me especially "the oath to keep with a final breath" line. As all you people who have read the book know, Leo promised Calypso he would come back for her. That sounds like an oath all right. Unless Jason make some impossible promise in The Blood Of Olympus. And sorry all you Team Jason fangirls, honestly I hope Jason dies instead of Leo or better yet no one dies :D But this is TLH i find it hard to believe that Mr. Rioridan will finish the series without at least one of the seven dying. I also think that Renya will die just because it makes sense.
I hope I'm wrong.
Please give me a logical explanation of why I'm wrong!!
I AM BEGGING YOU!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well there have been other oaths in these books.

Elizabeth A lot of people have made promises in the series. Yes Leo is one of them but he's not the only one.

Kladd Percy promised his mom he would come back home in The Son of Neptune.

Basma I think this is going to be one of those tricks authors pull. You know how in the first series, we all thought Luke was bad and he became good? Or how we thought Percy was going to die when the string was cut(in the first book). I think Rick Riordan wants us to think that Leo is going to die, but actually something happens that totally throws us off and we never expected it. I think that's what he's going to do. Besides Rick Riordan seem like the type to kill off main characters. Maybe do something drastically to their personality, (view spoiler) but I don't think he'll kill them. At least I hope he doesn't.

Naja There are many oath's and promises in the books, so don't only think of what people has promised in House of Hades + you should also think that Percy could be the Storm or maybe Thalia, because there don't stand that it should be one of the 7 that made an oath:/

Veronica i hope he lives. if anyone has to die it can be piper. she can sacrifice her life for the cause. but Leo, no he deserves a happy life with Calypso.

Rachel Jackson I don't think Leo will die. The oath he makes I think is just through us off and worry us. I think and hope that Leo and Calypso will get a happy ending. I think Uncle Rick isn't going to kill one of the seven. My best bet will be Nico.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall Sarah wrote: "Ok so first off let me refresh you on The Prophecy Of Seven:

And foes bear arms..."

Oh, man, I have suspected Leo would die(as he's the single one without a love interest - besides Calypso - and plus, everyone loves him thus he must be knocked off) and...okay, I'm not helping but I think that's an excellent explanation. Furthermore it would be agonizing, but it would be a nice touch.

Tanvira Rachel wrote: "I don't think Leo will die. The oath he makes I think is just through us off and worry us. I think and hope that Leo and Calypso will get a happy ending. I think Uncle Rick isn't going to kill one ..."

Ok, bro, do you want me to kill you? Nobody's killing Nico, nobody, you hear me? It's upsetting enough that Nico's....whatever, we don't need him dead now. Anyways, he's the freaking son of Hades, he should not die!!

Also, I doubt Leo is going to die. He promised Calypso that he'd come back for her, right? Rick wouldn't have made them meet unless it was for him to rescue her. That's why he arranged for the Gods to forget to free her from her cursed island(the island's not cursed. It just sounds right). It's Leo's job to get her out and have Caleo babies with her xD

So, yeah, Leo Valdez = no dying xD

message 11: by J.S. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.S. Ok, so i'm most likely way off but it is a possibility: Calypso's immortal right? Leo is not, which would ultimately scupper their love affair. What I'm thinking is Leo does take his 'final breath' in keeping his oath to her BUT for his bravery and such on the quest he's, like, 'promoted' to a god, therefore given immortality and able to share his forever with Calypso (and open their 'Leo's and Calypso's auto shop'). Remember, Leo's dad is a god who's been good to Calypso, he'd probs bless them :p

message 12: by J.S. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.S. Also, I second that Nico CANNOT DIE! That boys been through enough already. He needs to be welcomed back as a hero and find somewhere to call home! And I'm really hoping Bob, small-bob and Damases make it out to see the sun and stars.

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America LEO CANT DIE! I CANT BELIEVE IT I DON'T WANNA BELIEVE IT! I want JASON TO DIE INSTEAD! DO NOT DIE LEO THERE ARE PLENTY OF ZEUS/JUPITER CHILDREN IN THE PAST! leo is like the second person in history to have FIRE power!!!

Rachel Jackson Tanvira wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I don't think Leo will die. The oath he makes I think is just through us off and worry us. I think and hope that Leo and Calypso will get a happy ending. I think Uncle Rick isn't goi..."

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend anyone. I love Nico, don't get me wrong. I just think that RR will not kill one of the seven and someone has to die in the last book right? And Nico seems like a likely candidate.
But hey what do I know. After SoN released for some reason I was convinced that Annabeth was not one of the seven. I thought it would be someone new as Annabeth was not a part of the quest in TLH. Goes to show that I'm not very good at these prediction things.

message 15: by J.S. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.S. To be honest, the most likely to die are Hazel and Frank. They both know they're kinda on borrowed time and have been right from the get go. It's been mentioned too many times for it to come to nothing.

message 16: by Fosse76 (new)

Fosse76 Rachel wrote: "I don't think Leo will die. The oath he makes I think is just through us off and worry us. I think and hope that Leo and Calypso will get a happy ending. I think Uncle Rick isn't going to kill one ..."

I agree. It's just too obvious, so this is clearly misdirection.

Nicoleofan {mellie} If Leo dies, I'm going into mourning.
Seriously, I love that guy.

Cassidy Nicoleofan wrote: "If Leo dies, I'm going into mourning.
Seriously, I love that guy."

Agreed.

Bipasha nooooooo!!!! I will gut the twelve gods of greece and wreck havoc and chaos on mount olympus....NOOOOOOO!!!!

If he dies, i wont have anything to live for, nothing to wake to every morning....Oh, and if leo dies, i will freakin murder that useless jobless calypso, and flood her bloody cursed island...

LEO CAN'T DIE. HE CAN'T. HE WON'T. NO. *slams fist on laptop* *oops*

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

There are so many ways this could go. But these are the two theories competing in my head right now.

--Leo keeps his oath to return to Calypso just as *she* dies. (It never said the person dying is the person keeping the oath.)
--Jason or Leo destroys Gaea's physical manifestation and as it "dies" she keeps an oath she made (mostly thinking here of when she told Percy she'd destroy Camp Half Blood, which is sad... unless it leads to the union of Greeks and Romans for the first time ever. Camp Half Jupiter FTW!) <--I'm rooting for this one, can you tell?

On a slightly unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks there's some connection between Leo's fire power and Frank's fire curse? Like all the characters keep saying how Leo could easily kill Frank, and Leo's powers only cause disasters, and everything--but I'm just dying for Rick Riordan to reveal that all along Leo's been the only one who could break Frank's curse. (Or maybe I just want Leo to see that he's not only good for killing the people he cares about. :( )

message 21: by beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

beth Leo will die. Nico will take Octavian and swap him for Leo. THE END!!!

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America ♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Leo will die. Nico will take Octavian and swap him for Leo. THE END!!!"

Likewise! I agree! Leo dont die or i will go into a deep depression!!

Veronica ♆Beth♆Queen of Awesomeness♆Team Pereoiconicaol♆ wrote: "Leo will die. Nico will take Octavian and swap him for Leo. THE END!!!"

that pacified me.

Robyn202 Tanvira wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I don't think Leo will die. The oath he makes I think is just through us off and worry us. I think and hope that Leo and Calypso will get a happy ending. I think Uncle Rick isn't goi..."

I completely agree. NO ONE IS GOING TO KILL NICO. HE'S WAY TOO AWESOME! But I don't think rick will kill off one of the seven. It's possible it's Reyna, but I don't remember any oaths she made. i don't want her to die anyway. But Leo dying is extremely unlikely. Calypso can't be related THAT much to the prophecy... Id on't think any of the seven are going to die, and hopefully it's not Nico or Reyna. Besides, Rick has only killed of minor characters, never majors, not including Luke.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

i hope that he doesn't kill any of the characters, because that would be really upsetting

Laura Tyree If anyone kills somebody I like I will be so mad and sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will start crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhiannon I think he will too!!!!! Im so sad!!!!!!!!! One of my friends think that percy is going to die pertecting Nico. And then nico go visit him in the underworld.

Annika NO ONE MUST DIE BUT GAEA!!!! NOT PERCY OR LEO OR NICO!!!!

Veronica Katie wrote: "If Percy dies protecting Nico, Nico could just bring him back alive. And if Rick kills anyone important(i.e. the Seven plus Nico, Tyson and Reyna), that is SO a Veronica Roth move."

after what happened to allegiant, no author will take that route, ever.

Veronica Katie wrote: "John Green did, but that was before Alligiant."

at least his book did not lose popularity.

message 31: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I absolutely love Leo, but I actually think that he should die in the end like in a final battle or something and then like.. reach Calypso's island and die-- then Calypso has an excuse to make him immortal or something so that they can be immortal and young forever (together)-- it's not fair if Leo dies of old age but Calypso has to live forever-- they're just too beautiful together!! (and that was a super long sentence that I hope my RLA teacher never sees)

Marina Summers OMG I THINK I GOT IT!!!!

"To storm or fire the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath"

Okay, so what if the world falls to STORM, while our LEO goes to keep his oath?! What if either he makes the world fall or goes save Calypso, so Jason/Percy/Both have to make the world fall while he goes to Ogygia?!?!?!?!?!

Caleb I don't think the Seven are really that big of a deal. You know how in Percy Jackson, how percy was the "half-blood of the eldest gods, to reach sixteen against all odds" but he wasn't "the hero"? I think this will be similar. What if the seven are just catalysts? The spark?
Additionally, discard the fire part of the prophecy. I think that since the gods have been so docile and uneventful throughout the series, they will come back in the Blood of Olympus and bust some serious heads. So what if "storm" is Zeus, who goes on a rampage because Thalia dies and kills Gaea?
And maybe one of the seven isn't actually one of the seven. Take Percy for example. Maybe he actually isn't one of them, and it's Thalia or Nico or even Reyna?

Matthew Caleb wrote: "I don't think the Seven are really that big of a deal. You know how in Percy Jackson, how Percy was the "half-blood of the eldest gods, to reach sixteen against all odds" but he wasn't "the hero"? ..."

Well, your Percy example doesn't quite hold water, as Mars explicitly told Frank in SoN that Frank, Percy, and Jason were all part of the seven. The idea, while very improbable, still holds.

message 35: by Ananth (new)

Ananth I think Octavian will die.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall The fact is, from an authorial point of view, you'd give the most popular character the axe/and/or the one that no-one expects. So maybe Leo, maybe not.

message 37: by Ananth (new)

Ananth Still Reyna could execute Octavian because of all his trouble. I'm pretty sure every god has some grudge against him.

message 38: by Ananth (new)

Ananth The Romans didn't improve every Greek God or Goddess. Minerva is a senile crafts woman.

Matthew Katie wrote: "Romans were crazy. They left unwanted babies out in the cold, and thought the Egyptians were crazy for keeping all their children. WHY WOULD ANYONE LEAVE A CUTE LITTLE BABY OUT IN THE COLD?!?!? Tha..."

Um, the Greeks practiced infanticide too…

Matthew Nimbus wrote: "Katie wrote: "Wasnt that in certain city states though? Like Sparta?"

No, it was common practise in Sparta to kill weak babies but it happened all over Greece. Case in point, King Priam leaving Pa..."

Don't Forget Oedipus to give an example from the mainland.

But more to the point, while infanticide was practiced all over Greece, only in Sparta was the abandonment of children that didn't pass muster to a council of elders SANCTIONED BY THE STATE.

Cally Basma wrote: "I think this is going to be one of those tricks authors pull. You know how in the first series, we all thought Luke was bad and he became good? Or how we thought Percy was going to die when the str..."

Sarah wrote: "Ok so first off let me refresh you on The Prophecy Of Seven:

And foes bear arms..."

posible...

Cally Veronica wrote: "i hope he lives. if anyone has to die it can be piper. she can sacrifice her life for the cause. but Leo, no he deserves a happy life with Calypso."

piper deserves 2 live!! and so does leo.. they r my fav caricters! and percy and annabeth, i wouldt mind if frank died tho... or niko.

Rachel Paige  Hamlin Leo is the only one who knows how to fix/drive the boat. Annabeth kind of knows how, but not really. The simple fact is, if the person operating the vehicle dies, you're trapped. They can't get home without him.

Rachel Paige  Hamlin Veronica wrote: "i hope he lives. if anyone has to die it can be piper. she can sacrifice her life for the cause. but Leo, no he deserves a happy life with Calypso."
I support Piper's death! She does absolutely nothing but sit around and look in her stupid dagger, then cause everyone to panic over what she saw.
Leo and Calypso would be perfect!

message 45: by Ananth (new)

Ananth I hate how they call him Repair Boy. It sounds more offensive than Seaweed Brain. Do they think that Leo is just some stupid mechanic?

message 46: by Christopher (last edited Apr 12, 2014 04:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christopher I think Frank will die because he's destined to die holding his piece of wood which burns, making fire.And I bet he will make an oath to Hazel before he dies.I hope none of the seven die their awesome.I hope Octavian Dies

message 47: by Ananth (new)

Ananth But still, what's with Jason being such a perfect person? He doesn't look like he has any flaws.

message 48: by Ananth (new)

Ananth Jason isn't ugly, he isn't very stupid, he has good leadership skills, he has social skills, he doesn't have any curse, he doesn't always the fate of the world on his shoulders and Piper, Annabeth and Leo have commented on how perfect he is. So where are his flaws?

P.S I have other things to say, it's just I don't need to bore people.

P.S.S Don't comment on my grammar

Veronica it is percy's show. jason has little to do, not that i am complaining. i am a percy fan!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Marina wrote: "OMG I THINK I GOT IT!!!!

"To storm or fire the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath"

Okay, so what if the world falls to STORM, while our LEO goes to keep his oath?! What if eit..."

That makes a lot of sense!!!

« previous 1