Start by marking “The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)” as Want to Read:
The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)

The Staff of Serapis

(Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)

In this adventure, Annabeth encounters more oddities in the subway than usual, including a two-headed monster and a younger blond girl who reminds her a little of herself. This is the story fans have asked for, in which Annabeth Chase teams up with Sadie Kane. The demigod daughter of Athena and the young magician from Brooklyn House take on a larger-than-life foe from the ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion (first published April 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Staff of Serapis, please sign up.
Annemarie it is currently out on kindle. if you have a smart phone, kindle has an app you can download, then you can buy the kindle version. Serena is right. yo…moreit is currently out on kindle. if you have a smart phone, kindle has an app you can download, then you can buy the kindle version. Serena is right. you definitely shouldn't download it for free, as the rick deserves payment for his story.(less)
Oda Renate I just saw this on Rick`s webpage.
I just saw this on Rick`s webpage.
A. Because of your interest, I decided to write a series of short stories in which the Kane children meet the demigods. In the first, "The Son of Sobek," Carter Kane meets Percy Jackson.In the second, "The Staff of Serapis," Sadie Kane meets Annabeth Chase. The third crossover story will be out in 2015, and will bring all four characters together. The first two stories are available as e-singles, and also appear in the paperback versions of Mark of Athena (for Sobek) and House of Hades (for Serapis.)

hope that helps.(less)

Start your review of The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)
Aj the Ravenous Reader
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Muse-ic ♬

I enjoyed this even much more than I did the first book. I love that it’s about Sadie and Annabeth, two of my favorite heroines in Uncle Ricky’s epic adventure stories. I love how the story opened up with a bang and ended up with the same and as usual, Uncle Ricky’s imaginative and hilarious descriptions kept me entertained the entire reading time. I was almost clapping when my most awaited moment arrived- when the villainous god finally said “GAH!” and “RAR!”

P.S. Happy early birthday, Sandra!.
Julie
Nov 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
Sadie Kane meeting Annabeth Chase? AHHHHHHH. Excited. I think the GIF sums up what this will be appropriately.

description

Riordan released a teaser which you can access here.

Neha
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After Reading

First of all. VERY FIRST OF ALL. I wanna just shout out to the world that MY ONLY TWO PREDICTIONS about this two short stories HAVE COME TRUE!! These two are-

1. I knew, I FREAKING KNEW that (view spoiler)

2. My assumption was that (view spoiler)
Eiman Kindi
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing

OMGOMGOMG OMGOMHJHVKHYFTDRRDRSSEXRCGVHBHBVYIEYRDGVHJHBJHBHJBJBHJBH THANK YOU RICK!!!

My reaction towards the book:

When I found out about it

When I realised it was coming out in May:

Seeing it will have a Blood of Olympus teaser:

Remembering that someone will probably die in BoO

My overall impression ❤️

I knew signing up to Goodreads was a good idea :)
~~~N~~~
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE 6/25/2014

Well, I read this quite a while ago so this review is VERY late. Sorry. I've been busy and honestly hadn't remembered to do this.

In part because this is late, and in part because the book was good but not amazing, I don't have much to say. I definitely suggest these short stories, as I suggest all of Rick Riordan's stuff (I believe he's secretly a writing god). This doesn't disappoint and will leave you wondering were this mini series is going. ENJOY!

UPDATE 4/15/2014

COVER!!!!!!!
Julia
Feb 19, 2014 marked it as to-read
Am I the only one FANGIRLING about this? I mean! Annabeth and Sadie! Both my fav characters in both series! I can't wait for them to meet! I hope they are more mature that Carter and Percy were! Can't wait!
catherine ♡
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't care much for the monsters and the fighting. I read this for the reveal. Insightful Annabeth was just an added bonus.
Stuti (Turmeric isn't your friend. It will fly your ship
SOMETHING UP THERE EXISTS!!!!

SADIE KANE IS BACK! AND WITH Annabeth. This is gonna be so awesome, if Annabeth doesn't murder Sadie before the book starts. And well, who's gonna blame her? Carter had years to learn how to tolerate Sadie, and poor Annabeth is being dropped into it at the whims and wishes of Riordan and fans respectively. But then she's not Annabeth just like that. And she suffers Seaweed Brain. So there.
Fenia
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This made me want to read The Kane Chronicles!! alkfalk LOVED IT!! ♥
Natalie Monroe
The Son of Sobek was better (and it is not because I am madly in love with Percy), but this short story definitely sets up the stage for the official Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles crossover.

I feel bad for Percy though. I mean, the poor kid had to go through the Battle of the Titans, fight Gaea and right afterwards, he has to go stop an epic Greek and Egyptian throwdown without so much as a coffee break.

But on the bright side, more Percy!

The movies are digitized crap, but Logan Lerman is hot.
Belle
Feb 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-release
Sorry, can't talk too busy fangirling.
Lara
Sadie and Annabeth are the duo I didn't know how much I needed before I got them
Bipasha
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, coverfuckd
Holy Hera and Hades. Greek + Egyptian = Recipe for awesome kickassness!!

The crossover series is happening...oh yeah, you bet it is.
You can bet five quid and a plate of Sadie's gran's burnt scones, it is.
And Setne, that little evil filthy cockroach!! That scrawny old codger with the loincloth and Elvis hair!! Okay, I plagiarised... sheesh, sorry.
But earnestly, this looks sooo good.

And this isn't fair, Riordan(oh right, none of his books have ever been fair) We wait a year for this, and you giv
Drewthereader20
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a nice read. Really enjoy this book. Onto my next book!(:
Bella
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mythology
“That’s okay,” Annabeth said. “How are you at bluffing, lying, and trash-talking?”
Sadie raised an eyebrow. “I’ve been told those are my most attractive qualities.”
“Excellent,” Annabeth said. “Then it’s time I taught you some Greek.”

Ok so two strong, god-spitting badass blonde women fighting side to side... what a wonderful world we are living in.

5/5⭐️
Anoushka C
Aug 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was way too short. Though I did like the way Sadie and annabeth met
It sucks so wow
Jules ♈  (witchyrover)
2015: rated 2 stars

2018: rated 3.75 stars.

The second part of Demigods and Magicians: Three Stories from the World of Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles is done!! Still brings me a lot of nostalgie and wanta me to re read the The Red Pyramid series and The Lightning Thief all over again!!

The only thing I have to criticize about this second short story was Annabeth's attitude. I didn't feel like she was Athena's daughter at all. I know that encountering magicians and Egyptian magic is somethi
Sesana
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's Annabeth's POV. I could almost stop right there, because Annabeth. But since I'm here, I'll add that Sadie seems to have matured an incredible amount since the end of The Serpent's Shadow. But she really kind of had to for this story to work. She would have looked even more vapid than she sometimes did in her own series. But this version of Sadie is actually a match for Annabeth. Which makes the realization that this is probably going to turn into a series of short stories with a connected ...more
Lilah ✍
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology
Why 5 stars you ask?

Simple. Annabeth's pov.

More, you ask?

Alright. Annabeth and Sadie made a surprisingly entertaining duo. Mother-daughter reconciliation. Annabeth panicking about her being currently unknowlegeable (that's a first, I must say). And well, all the action.

"Intelligence won wars, not brute force."
Angela
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rick Riordon HAS to write a series combining Greek and Egyptian mythology. Seriously, he already started a whole new era with this "Crown of Ptolemy" thing. I gotta have more. This is epic, okay. How old is Sadie again? I thought she was at least 14 or something...but it mentioned in here "no older than 13" what? my memory sucks.

“Oh, I believe you. It’s too ridiculous not to be true. It’s just that each time my world gets stranger, I think: Right. We’re at maximum oddness now. At least I kn
Melanie
This was at the end of my copy of The Blood of Olympus and I finally managed to go back and read it. Quite enjoyed!
Nərmin
In my opinion, this one was better than the first. Loved how Annabeth and Sadie formed a good team! Great adventure and information. Ready for the final book!
Jesica
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another crossover between The Heroes of Olympus and The Kane Chronicles series. After Percy met Carter in The Son of Sobek, now it’s Annabeth and Sadie’s turn.

Annabeth was on her way home after an interview for internship at a local architecture firm when she saw a weird monster and decided to follow it and met Sadie Kane who was fighting a similar monster.

The story follows Annabeth. I love this girls team more than the boys one. Annabeth and Sadie proved a lot better pair than Percy and Carter.
Romane
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crossover
Sadie + Annabeth, ultimate girl power!

Wow, I'm literally hyperventilating right now because of how really great this book is. I mean, Rick Riordan writes so well. Simply the best.

When I read the The Son of Sobek, I was really amazed by the crossover. Two of my favorite fictional crushes combined? That is what you call fantastic.

And then I read this book. Oh gods, I couldn't ask for more. It was really a great read, two different worlds are combined into a single story. Perfect.

I really hope Ric
TS Chan
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great fun, as expected. After The Son of Sobek, it's only a matter of time that Annabeth and Sadie will meet each other. And Rick's writing really cracks me up sometimes:

'Alpha, beta, gamma!' Sadie cried. 'Gyros, spanakopita. Presto!' She beamed in triumph. 'There. You're done for!'

Serapis stared at her, clearly baffled. The red tattoos on his skin dimmer. A few of the symbols turned into question marks and sad faces.

Yes, it's not the most sophisticated form of humour but hey this is a middle-g
Karlé
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank all the gods for this crossover!! I really want to read The Kane Chronicles but I couldn't find any motivation. The Son of Sobek really impressed me, but this.. wow. This opened my heart, my body and my soul to a whole new world. Just like Annabeth, I'm in awe. Rick Riordan is truly the Myth Master!!

100 POINTS FOR SADIEBETH!!

Tay
Amazing. Amazingggg. AMAZING I just love these books. I love them so much. Uncle Rick never ceases to amaze me.

BUT, enough with the short stories! (although they are entertaining heheh).

How about a full blown series with the two world's combined?!
NOW THAT WOULD BLOW ME UNDIES OFF. I can wait until after 'Blood of Olympus', though. KThanks!
Kinga
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Can you believe these two? I mean I never thought Annabeth and Sadie could work out but damn ..instant friendship!

While Percy and Carter were like two cornered animals afraid of even saying their names, Annabeth and Sadie went ahead and spilled their whole history. Love them!
Bella Marie
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Staff of Serapis is a short story that is a crossover with Percy Jackson & The Kane Chronicles characters.
I don't know much about Egypt mythology but I still really enjoyed the book. It was great & I was hooked. I'm looking forward to reading more short crossover stories.
Matilda
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Two badass women fighting? YES!!

I really enjoyed this short story, though I should've read it after I read the Son of Sobek... Which I'm starting now...
Heroes of Olympus...: The Staff of Serapis 2 11 Oct 29, 2015 04:36AM
Percy Jackson Fan...: The Staff of Serapis 13 44 Sep 29, 2014 07:59PM
On the bright side, Annabeth and Percy will survive BoO 3 39 Jul 18, 2014 03:45PM
will Annabeth Chase and Saide Kane get along or will it all fall apart 6 48 Jul 17, 2014 06:18PM

• The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Curse of Hera (Camp Hercules #1)
  • The Heroes Of Olympus - The Complete Series [Boxed Set] [Newest Set]
  • Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: Book 1: The Sword of Summer (Rick Riordan's Norse Mythology) by Rick Riordan | Debrief
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Poseidon's Academy and the Olympian Mysteries: A Greek Mythology Fantasy Adventure Series (Book 4)
  • Truth in Sight
  • Percy Jackson

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)