YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
This topic is about The Selection
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Selection Series by Kiera Cass - Reading from 'The Selection (The Selection #1)' from August 5th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,197 (1197 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Christina | 4418 comments Selia and myself will be reading the Selection on the 18th February 2014. Feel free to join!

Winnie (canadianhorseluver) | 78 comments I'll join!

Christina | 4418 comments @Winnie Yay! Been meaning to read this for so long :D

Winnie (canadianhorseluver) | 78 comments I've only recently discovered this book and it looks really good :)

Christina | 4418 comments @Winnie
Reminds me of the show The Bachelor haha

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Yah it's like The Bachelor meets The Hunger Games

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I might read it along with you guys as a re-read

message 8: by sel (new) - rated it 5 stars

sel (lvagirl) Cool :D

Christina | 4418 comments The more the merrier! I hear there's a love triangle too. Hope it's done well!

message 10: by sel (new) - rated it 5 stars

sel (lvagirl) Ah, it better. XD

Winnie (canadianhorseluver) | 78 comments I usually hate love triangles so hopefully this is a good love triangle.

Christina | 4418 comments Starting tonight! Lets do this haha

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 3: I don't know whether it's sad or funny that(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of Chapter Eight: (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Loving this book! :) I'm not getting many dystopian vibes at all..Maxon's such a sweet guy!
(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of Chapter 17: Ok now the dystopian side is showing
(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of Chapter 20: Noooooo..(view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Loving this book! :) I'm not getting many dystopian vibes at all..Maxon's such a sweet guy!
[spoilers removed]

I was really weary of going into this because i heard that there's hardly any dystopian in it.. and i'm not a romance book fan, But i LOVED this series! I need book three right now. Haha.

(view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "End of Chapter 20: Noooooo..[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Finished:
(view spoiler)

Eager to continue to book 2!

Winnie (canadianhorseluver) | 78 comments I haven't started this yet. For some reason, my mind hasn't realized it's past Feb 18...

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments Maddison and I wanna read this on March 2 (tomorrow!). Mods, can someone please change the date? Thanks much!

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46565 comments Mod
Even if they can't then we can still start then. :) I'm excited to read this book!

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments Me too!

Hopefully it won't take me too long to read.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83324 comments Mod
Date Changed ☺

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments Thanks Sarah! :)

Winnie (canadianhorseluver) | 78 comments It was really good book :)

So far I'm 24% through and liking it well enough. It's pretty slow though. Hope it gets better.

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments I'm 32% done and I think the whole selection thingy is pretty scary. My bf is obsessed with North Korea and he thinks N.Korean leaders actually choose their wives this way :/

Oh wow! I want a bf so much!

message 32: by Jamie (last edited Mar 02, 2014 12:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments 32% (view spoiler)

I'm 24% at the moment so please try not to spoil anything past there. The part I'm up to is (view spoiler)

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments Oh, yeah sorry I should've used spoiler warning for that one but I don't like him from the start and I hated Aspen even before 22% so I just thought it was okay to say it. :3

I liked him but when he (view spoiler)

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments (view spoiler)
Still at 32% I'll continue reading when I finish my school works. What about you?

I'm at 38%. Want to get at least halfway through tonight.

message 38: by Maddie (last edited Mar 02, 2014 12:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I already know what's gonna happen. (view spoiler) It's just an assumption by the way. No one's told me anything.

I'm actually liking this book at the moment. Normally I don't like books like this, but I do like this one. It's an easy read and there's not much to think about when I read it. I can really get into it.

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments It is an easy read yes. :) I'll catch up with you later! Still not done with school works. 3

Wow you have a lot of school work!

57% Glad I'm really getting into it today.

message 42: by sel (new) - rated it 5 stars

sel (lvagirl) I'm gonna start this as well. My time is different. :P It was the 1st a 38 minutes ago. XD

Oh well that's good Selia! :D Let us know your thoughts! :D

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments Wow you're fast! And yes I actually do. Some days I'm so busy and some days I'm not doing anything! Hope to finish half of it before bedtime.

I hope now to get to 65% haha. I might finish it tomorrow depending on how much time and hwk I have.

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments Oh that's great Selia! Just hid one of the comments for you. :) It's afternoon where I am! Can't wait to have dinner. Lol

message 47: by sel (new) - rated it 5 stars

sel (lvagirl) :D I will. I have trouble with getting these on time for that reason. :P But once I start I'll share.

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments I'll try to catch up. Before you go to bed, let us know what you think about it!

message 49: by sel (last edited Mar 02, 2014 12:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

sel (lvagirl) Jamie wrote: "Oh that's great Selia! Just hid one of the comments for you. :) It's afternoon where I am! Can't wait to have dinner. Lol"

XD Thanks! Wow, afternoon.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83324 comments Mod
When you finish this one you will be so desperate to read the next one! ☺

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.