twilight lovers! discussion

Twilight Movie > The actors, what did you think?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 169 (169 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) do u think they picked the right people 2 play the characters?
i think that now that i have seen wot actors they have used 2 portray these characters they are who i see when i read the book! the only 1 that changes is actually edward and although i absolutely love robert pattinson and does make a brilliant edward i still find myself saying that different people wud make a gud edward. has ne1 seen the 1 Million Paco Rabanne advert the male model in that i always say wud have made a perfect edward!

message 2: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments I liked all of them except for Rob, Nikki, and Bella. Other than that, they were all good. Rob was, just dead to me. And he didn't look beautiful either on screen. Bella, I imagined her like that but she was too cold to be Bella. And Nikki, did not look like a Rosalie, and I would want her to be more cold and meaner towards Bella.

message 3: by Elena (new)

Elena Hubner | 64 comments i hated kristen, she made a terrible bella. she looked like it except her hair could be straitened but i thought she was jsut a horrilbe actress for the part. she was just......i can't explain it. and rob was way 2 muscular, edward was supposed to be lean. i thought nikki was ok but she could have been meaner looking. alice, jasper, emmett, and esme were great though. carlisle was just down right scary he was 2 pale.

message 4: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments But I thought he was way prettier than Edward. He was pale but so was everyone else.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 03, 2009 05:01PM) (new)

I loved how Billy Burke played Charlie! I found myself thinking, Awww. Every time Bella and Charlie got all awkward. I felt like Billy Burke was Charlie, and, let's face it. The shotgun thing? Priceless.

I really didn't like how Kristen played Bella. Kristen brought herself to the role. She didn't become Bella, she made Bella become Kristen. However, I do think Kristen fits Bella in the looks department.

Ashley Greene was amazing, she took Alice's serenity, and grace, and totally brought a new element to it. She was also splendid, when it came to the part where she had to sketch the Ballet Studio. The look of seeing something far away, even though it's not there? Perfect.

Rob was okay, I think he kind of fits Edward in the looks department, but I picture him with less of a masculine bone structure. And Robert made Edward really tortured, which probably makes sense because of all of Edward's self loathing. But one thing he really lacked, which made me sad, was Edward's smugness at times, his confident charm. It's irritating and endearing, it was one of the main things I liked about him in Twilight. It didn't come through in the film though.

message 6: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Rob and Kristen need to loosen up a little bit and have their emotions played out more. Then they'd be alright. But definately Ashely and Billy. The gun thing? Too priceless to be called priceless. Ashely just fit the role perfectly.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you notice that, in the film, Alice was really into plants. She'd wear these dresses with flowers printed on them, and she walked on a tree stump into the kitchen during the "meet the parents" sequence, in which she was holding a fistful of flowers. And she was clasping potted plant when they went on that field trip. You know the one I'm talking about "Compost Tea. Don't drink it! It's for the plants!"

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 737 comments Mod
I was a bit shocked at some of the actors they picked.
Rob certainly isn't Edward but hey that's ok I could care less lol
Kristen is a bloody mess..I have no idea what to say about that
Nikki..isn't what I expected Rosalie to look like..but hey who can live up to Rosalie's beautifulness?(yes new word)
Jasper,Billy,Peter,Elizabeth,Gil and Kellan..I have no complaints there

Ashley is Alice..no doubt
and Jacob...oh dear..I am glad they kept Taylor L for the role..who else could be Jacob?

message 9: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Melzz wrote: "Did you notice that, in the film, Alice was really into plants. She'd wear these dresses with flowers printed on them, and she walked on a tree stump into the kitchen during the "meet the parents" ..."

Yess! She just fit the role in every single way. And Sharon, Taylor is Jacob! That's just a fact. Good thing about that too. I don't know about Jasper. But HIS HAIR? I mean, the HAIR! It's not a good look for him and Jasper. So is Jake's but they're going to cut it off in NM so, no complaints. But I hate Jasper's hair.

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) u guys r right about rosalie actually as i think that she does look a bit 2 ugly 2 play her. wot i dont get is that u saying that Peter Facinelli is 2 pale but arent they vampires so dont they need 2 be pale?
i dont get why they had james wiv long hair Cam Gigandet looks far better wiv short hair!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Well I didn't let Jasper's hair bother me lol
I was just waiting for Jacob to come on screen..yes special I know!!
BookGeek I had already planned what was going to happen if they had brought on another Jacob for New Moon lol
I cannot believe they thought about changing him..shudders

message 12: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments If you just change a person who's playing Jacob when he is JAcob, I mean, that's a crime.

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Goodness I do love Jacob!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Seriously, I picture Taylor when I read about Jacob. He fits it to a tee.

message 15: by Amiee (new)

Amiee | 37 comments hey everybody. I've been a member but um this is my first time posting a comment so you probably don't know me

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I know you, you're Amiee...Hehe :D

message 17: by Amiee (new)

Amiee | 37 comments lol ya hi

message 18: by Sharon (new)

This evening we went to the movies and my husband said Look!!! I looked up and saw the poster for New Moon..I screamed(sad, yes I know) and got all jittery lol

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Sharon wrote: "I screamed(sad, yes I know)"

That's not nearly as bad as I get, when I see a poster of Taylor Lautner. It's not sad, it's life. :)

message 20: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Well Sharon, I think you aren't the only one in the group!

message 21: by Sharon (new)

But I am too old for that foolishness lol

message 22: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Oh come on! Twilight moms are into that foolishness!

message 23: by Sharon (new)

lol I belong there too lol ha ha ha

message 24: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments There you go! You have nothing to worry about!

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) the only thing i dont like about Taylor Lautner is the fact that he is a bit 2 young 4 me 2 drool over being 23 and all. he does have and amazing body lol or is that wrong 4 me 2 say lol. (is it me or are the actors getting younger and younger??)

message 26: by Sharon (new)

23 is young lol

message 27: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol i no but he is only 17 lol

message 28: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Hey, Taylor said that he was somewhere (I forget where) and he said that a 40 yr. old was sporting Team Taylor panties. Plus, you're still young! At least, young enough to be that obsessed about him!

message 29: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Katie wrote: "do u think they picked the right people 2 play the characters?
i think that now that i have seen wot actors they have used 2 portray these characters they are who i see when i read the book! the o..."

i did!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't very happy with most of the casting myself, my opinion is either they got the look right (and couldn't act worth a damn) or they played the part right (and looked wrong). One of the only ones that i think they got completely right was Victoria.

Though i do have to say the more times i watch it (yes it's been a few) the more the characters grow on me and i move away from the pictures in my head.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

The thing about Taylor is that, like all superstars, he is unatainable. Most of us wont get the opportunity to know him. So he's like this figure, unreachable, but we can see him. It's okay to drool over something that isn't reality. I mean, in reality, most of us will not get to meet him. So Drool from afar!

message 32: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Better to do that than jump on him every time you see him like ROB FANS!!!!!

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i no am a rob fan and i wud never do that sum fans r so weird!

message 34: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Wise choice Katie. Wise choice

message 35: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) THEY R.

message 36: by Della (new)

Della | 62 comments I feel like they did a good job of picking the actors, but I think that Kristen Steward should try to be a better role model. She smokes and whenever she shows up at big-media events, she dresses like--excuse my crude language--A STONER. Messy hair, dark, all over the place make up and ripped dress. Sure, it was a cool style for a while, but it would be nice for her to look nice and elegant once and a while. Feel free to disagree, but I think that since Twilight is such a huge influence on girls today, that Kristen Steward should try a little harder to be someone they can look up to.

message 37: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Did anyone hear a rumor running around that Kristen was smoking pot while she was filming Twilight which was the reason why she wasn't good at all? I've heard that from a friend of mine.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

As far as Kristen Stewart being a rolemodel. I don't think she really cares. I saw a video snip of her talking to Nylon during her shoot. She stated simply "I don't think I am"

So she either doesn't believe she has any affect on anyone else, she's hoping she doesnt and is in denial, or she just doesnt care.

She could really care less about any of this. I think she is just bored.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Why is that every young actor/actress has to worry about being a role model, she is who she is and is happy with that, i personally think that all you should expect from someone. She doesn't need to fit into some cookie cutter mold that everyone is trying to make her fit into.

Sorry don't mean to rant, just get sick of everyones expectations of young actors.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Cristy wrote: "Sorry don't mean to rant, just get sick of everyones expectations of young actors."

Me too. It's as if people are searching to find someone as a role model in Hollywood. They figure since they are in the public, they are public figures. But that thinking is backwards. People in the business's job's are to provide culture and entertainment to the country. They aren't politicians kissing babies. So, why should we expect Actors and actresses to set the standard? If parents want good examples for their children. They should be the example, not the other way around.

Although, I don't really think the issue with Kristen is that she's outside the "cookie cutter mold". We just don't want someone borderline uninterested to play a role that we really care about. No matter how good an actress you are, if you're the opposite of passionate about your job, it may

not turn out well.

message 41: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) YEAH

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate | 69 comments I definately did not like Rob as Edward. I totally agree with the person up there that said he didn't do Edward's smugness. And they messed up the part when he saves her. It was one of my favorite parts in the book when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella, and he is able to stop himself. They ruined that in the movie with Rob looking like he was going to bite off her arm. I thought that Kristen had the right look for Bella, but she was definatly a little too serious. Bella is witty, and Kristen didn't pull that one off. Of course these could be the writing, but I believe the actors just had huge shoes to fill in. I loved Jacob (but he was more how I pictured him in the second book--he seemed a little too old for the first one) and Alice. They actually were the characters. But somebody definately has to fix the make-up.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Missorli2 wrote: "I totally agree with the person up there that said he didn't do Edward's smugness."

I'm that person, and yes. The smugness was the only thing I found cute about him. I like some charm, but Rob & Catherine Hardwicke went the brooding route. Which is sad, because Twilight was the only book, where Edward had that smug charm. After that, he's not nearly as carefree, because immediately afterwards his family thing happened. There's plenty of time to be brooding in the rest of the films.

message 44: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments The makeup sucks! And I'm so glad that they're going to fix up the sparkle. He looked so odd! I totally agree with you Missorli2. But the sparkle, he looked like he had overgrown peach fuzz! God I do NOT know why fangirls are going after Rob.

message 45: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i luv rob theres just sumthin about him i think its his hair lol

message 46: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Yeah, he did say that a lot of people are obsessed about his hair... he dosen't know why...

message 47: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i have a thing about guys hair it sumthin that attracts me but he does have a gud looking face 2 tho

message 48: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Hair is important to looks. Don't blame you.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

*Thinks about Rob* Meh.

*shrugs*

He doesn't do anything for me.

message 50: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Melzz wrote: "*Thinks about Rob* Meh.

*shrugs*

He doesn't do anything for me."

i dont no y he does everything 4 me lol

« previous 1 3 4