Start by marking “Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion” as Want to Read:
Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion

Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion

(The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion #1)

Everything fans want to know about the hotly anticipated Twilight movie and much more!

Designed as a celebration of the film, this lavishly illustrated paperback edition is an exclusive behind-the-scenes guide featuring full-color photos of the cast, locations, and sets, as well as storyboards, interviews, details of the special effects, and much more.
Published October 28th 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
Stacey
Sep 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
By now you can see most, if not all, of the pictures in this book online. But to hold them in your hands in all their glossy perfection is even better. Way better.

Very informative and extremely thorough, this book explores the "making-of" process down to every little minute detail. A must-have for any Twilight fan!

Did I mention the pics are gorgeous? :D
Lisa
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-stars
A really interesting, detailed look at how the Twilight movie was made and what exactly went into it. What I loved best, by far, were the gorgeous pictures (especially of oh so beautiful Robert Pattinson/Edward -- lookin' GOOD!!), but I got a chuckle out of what the director, Catherine Hardwicke, had to say: "Actually, I want [someone who's seen the movie] to grab their boyfriend or girlfriend and go and make out, then turn around and go back and see the movie again, then make out again!"

I CANNO
L
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sumptuously stunning photographic tie-in guide, bringing Stephanie Meyer’s creation to life & the film that has captured our hearts!

As an enthusiast of the sensational Young Adult series ‘The Twilight Saga’ I was thrilled when the phenomenon became a film adaptation, taking Twilight to the big screen. This beautiful book is a must-read for all ardent, devotees of the film sensation and Twilight creation, which has stolen so many hearts by connecting to a wide audience. Exploring in-depth behi
Rebecca Johnson
Dec 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Having an obsessed 18 year old “Twilighter” in the house, this book has been sitting around for about a month now and, seeing how I went to see the movie last week, I was finally able to read it.

The book mostly covered the finding the various locations and the actual shooting of the film - though every once in a while an interesting piece of information (such as the mechanics of Edward dinting the truck) or the invention of a Cullen family crest, would find it’s way through.

Interviews with the d
Aniko
Mar 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun
ever since I've seen the film I've been wondering why it works so well despite the occasional silliness. I guess it's really the crew that managed to create such a beautifully unique atmosphere, gloomy and mysterious. They did a great job, it does work on many many levels. Great choice of actors, too, they all deliver wonderfully, and seem to be the perfect embodiment of the characters they are playing. They look the part and they live the part. A rare example of a movie where everything just fi ...more
CupcakeBlonde
Yes, I am a dork. I broke down and bought this. But I loved the pictures from the film featured in here I figured it would be a good purchase. Also I am gearing up to receive my copy of this movie on DVD so it is the perfect time to revisit this fabulous film!

A really great insight to what is involved in making a movie. This book goes into much detail about all the inner workings of the film and how they brought Stephenie Meyer's book to life. Some things I was fascinated to find out (like how t
Candace
Oct 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, vampires
This book is a must-have for any Twilight fan. The pictures alone should be enough to hold you, but its really very interesting to hear how everything was done for the movie. The special effects alone are going to be so amazing because of how they were shot (not using the typical 'green screen' the Hollywood usually uses). Catherine Hardwicke was the perfect person to direct the movie and I can't wait to see it all pieced together. The book is more technical, but its still a great read.
Julianna
Nov 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Twilight Fans
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" I think I must have read a few too many Twilight fan magazines in recent history, because I had somehow gotten the idea that this book was going to be like those periodicals with just a little more depth. What I got definitely had plenty of depth, and certainly was not quite what I was expecting, but in a good way. Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion takes the reader on the movie-making journey from start to finish. It begins with the origins of
Brizel A
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brizel A. Moreno Book review#1
There is a girl named Bella, she’s a very smart, kind and beautiful person. She’s going to live in Forts with her Father Charlie, he lives alone hasn’t gotten married. Since when he divorced Bella’s mother. When she got to her father’s place they didn’t talk much. By the next day Bella went to school she made lots of new friends. She met Edward Cullens. He’s this pale, white boy(he’s really cute) he’s about in the 6:3. They met in Biology and he didn’t really talk t
Mrs. Roy
Mar 25, 2009 rated it did not like it
Got this one for my birthday...will get to it soon.

Well, I have to be honest here - I have absolutely NO intention of reading this book. It looks too silly even for ME to read so I'm bringing it to school for students to drool over after they finish tests. Besides, if I really want to drool over RPatz, I'll just look at my copy of GQ.

Don't be fooled either...I HAVE indeed been reading books, everyone. They're just ADULT books that I don't want to list here because I feel they're inappropriate f
Rebekah
Oct 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Snatched this up before the movie came out last year and had fun reading it. It's fun to know the behind the scenes what went into movie-making. It's nicer and of course more official than all the online information available now before New Moon. It's very well put together and written. Some things don't make sense if read before viewing, maybe I should read it again. :)

The stills and extra photos are lovely. I like a lot of those stills better than those shown in the film. Many I think capture
Natasha Joseph
Dec 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
In this Illustrated Movie companion, you would learn extra things you wouldn't hear in the book or interviews. This is really cool also because there are some pictures they have that you can't find no where else. You learn more about the characters in the movie and go behind the scene with many things. What other things you can find out is more and the movie and what happened during filming! Basic Twilight fans who haven't seen the movie and got the Illustrated version of the movie would be aski ...more
Ch_nataliepelaia
Feb 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
I watched the movie.
A Teenage girl (Bella) moves to a small, gloomy town to live with her father. She is intriguesd be a mysterious group of people in the school, especially one of the guys. After he saves her from getting hit by a car , by stopping it with his hand, she becomes curious of him. After research she comes to find the the guy is anything but human. The movie is suspenseful and brings you into another world.
Even though I felt like a teenager watching this movie, I truly enjoyed ever
Leana
Apr 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any lover of the movie
Recommended to Leana by: stepheniemeyer.com
Even though I refused to read too much of this book before I saw the movie, I loved it right away. It is full of beautify pictures of the scenery plus pictures of all the cast and sets. Then once I saw the movie and read it, I realized how much went into the movie. This is a detailed account of why certain places were chosen, about the cast, adapting the book into a movie, and much, much more. Go and get this if you haven't yet! You won't regret it!
Aggie
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I got my hands on this book I was obssesed with The Twilight saga (books and movies), so I really loved this one too. It was so great to read about how the first movie was built, read about actors work and all the details. Also, it's beautiful book with beautiful photos. I really enjoyed it :)
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
So excited to get this as a Christmas present. I loved it! Love being able to see how the film was put together along with quotes from the cast. A must for any Twilight fan.
Nishtha
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Don't Judge Me , i did like it.
Korynne
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome little book about the making of the movie Twilight. I've never read a behind-the-scenes type of book before, and I'm not quite sure what prompted me to pick up this one (other than my neverending obsession with all things Twilight) because I've never been very interested in how movies are made or any behind-the-scenes work. But it was so cool!

I learned about many of the special effects and how they came into play. I learned about how the weather in the Pacific Northwest sever
Kyle Hartfield
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mark Cotta Vaz's "Twilight" tells the story of a character named, Bella Swan, and the vampire that she undoubtedly falls in love with named Edward Cullen. Before I found this book, I always thought the love shared between Bella and Edward was a bit callous towards others, especially her father from watching the movie, however, I am now convinced that their love towards each other was very strong and personally struck to me the strong emotions shared among the two. I enjoyed the plot of this book ...more
Kristin Katsuye
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooked
I love behind the scene bonus features on dvds so this book was entertaining to me. I love hearing about the details of movie making & all the little things that we may not notice but makes all the difference. ...more
Erika
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
GOD this was my most prized possesion at the age of twelve. absolutely nothing and nobody could come between me and my Twilight Saga™ Collection
Ariel R
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The theme of the book, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, is to face the unknown. By reading this book, the reader begins to realize that they should not be afraid of the unexplainable, but should take interest and be inquisitive. Twilight takes place in modern day Forks, Washington. Forks, is a rainy and dreary place brimming with lush greenery. The protagonist of this book is Bella Swan, a seventeen year old girl who has taken the selfless act to live with her father, Charlie, in Forks so her mother ...more
L
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Vampires and Werewolves brought vividly to life in this must-have, essential companion to ‘Twilight’.

Stephanie Meyer’s bestselling Vampire romance ‘Twilight’ was made into a spectacular motion picture, with Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart as lead roles Bella and Edward. This book explores the making of the film that has enchanted millions of readers (including myself), with a comprehensive guide containing exclusive content. This exquisitely beautiful book captures the on screen creation o
Marion
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Having read the Twilight books and watched the movies, I decided to give Mark Cotta Vaz's "Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion" a shot to gain a further understanding of the franchise. Sadly, I was not at all into the book and found myself eagerly anticipating it to be over.

The book goes into great detail over the mechanics of making the movie and how different scenes were shot differently. To film buffs this is the perfect book, but for me, it was painfully boring. I wasn't prep
Nani
Sep 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was never in love with vampires until twilight came out.I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.
In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire.
The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over.There are three sequels:
Ebony
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought that this was actuallya good book. I think Stephenie Meyers( I think that's how you spell her name) did a wonderful job with drawing me in. The character development was astoundingly great and the characters were rememberable. Now, despite the fact that Bella, our main character, fell in love with a vampire and that's DUMB, the book was very well thought out and made for a really interesting story. I think that all those Twilight hateers out there would actually like Twilight if the ge ...more
Vera Maharani
I have this book from my Twihard days, sent free by Twilight Indonesia as a prize from winning an essay contest. My fangirling mood kind of ruined with the release of the second movie, but when I got this book I'm still one of those squealing fangirl every time I see things Twilight-related (I sort of still am for Jasper/Jackson Rathbone, though, haha).

It's nice having this book, really. The first movie is my favorite (with Eclipse coming close as the second because the total time of Jasper-film
Page
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I decided to read this book because it was recommended to me and so I read it.

This goes into "A graphic novel," on the bingo board.

It was an excellent book I really enjoyed it, I found it interesting and the story has a lot of depth to it that you wouldn't understand by watching the movie. The story of Bella and Edward is incredibly strong and has a lot of meaning to it. They go through so many exciting thing it makes you wish that vampires were real and roaming around with us.

My favorite quote
Hannah Rush
May 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
The book was okay. It wasn't very well written, but had some very beautiful pictures from the movie.
It was fascinating getting to read how they made this movie and finding out who was involved. Quite a few of the people who made this also made The Chronicles of Narnia Movies. It's interesting that each of the movies has had a different director.
There is just something about this kind of book that is boring. It isn't because they explain how they made the movie, it's just how it is written. Ma
Madison
Jan 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (2006). Approx 500 Pages. Fiction.
Drama/Thriller. 5 STARS.

I would have too say that Twilight is my favorite book ever it is exiting and a great dramatic thriller. The characters are so unique and very different. My favorite Character would have to be Bella because she is adventureus and not scared of anything and is strong and stand up for herself. This book Is about a girl that moves with her dad to this town were the sun hardly ever shines and she meets a boy Edward

• The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Twilight Saga: New Moon: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • The Twilight Saga - New Moon Songbook: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • Origins (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #1)
  • The Twilight Saga - Eclipse Songbook: Music from the Motion Picture Score (Easy Piano)
  • Twilight Director's Notebook: The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive: Memories, Mementos, and Other Treasures from the Creative Team Behind the Beloved Motion Pictures
  • The Twilight Saga - Eclipse Songbook: Music from the Motion Picture Score
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • Twilight and History
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • Catching Fire: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book: Based on the Film Phenomenon
  • Harry Potter: Film Wizardry
  • The Hunger Games Tribute Guide
  • Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion
Mark Cotta Vaz is the author of over twenty-one books, including four New York Times bestsellers. His recent works include Mythic Vision: The Making of Eragon, The Spirit: The Movie Visual Companion, and the biography Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong, which was a Los Angeles Times bestseller.

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (4 books)
  • New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #2)
  • Eclipse: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #3)
  • The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #4)