Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Oh please don't make me read it:

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I wouldn't read it!

message 3: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Nope. Burn it, more likely... except I wouldn't want to put my money toward a greedy, power-hungry, delusional psycho of his ilk.

That man is ebil.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 24, 2009 04:08AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments One day I was walking through a field, and I shot a friend in the face...

Cheney is absolutely from which the Republican Party is trying to move way, and for good, no, great reasons...

message 5: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) Oil. Halliburton. Oil. Oops rifle spray!

message 6: by Kemper (new)

Kemper A brief sample:

*I'll never forget when my father, Satan, sat me down one day when I was about 10 and gave me the best advice I'd ever receive. "Son, never explain or apologize. Even if you shoot someone in the face. Or lead a country to war based on faulty intelligence. Oh, and always be sure to give sweetheart deals to your friends in the defense industry. And never prepare for hurricanes. They're just god's way of getting attention to poor people. Also, the Constitution and Bill of Rights are just guidelines, not really laws or anything." *

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Welcome to tC, Kemper...:)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments That's a GREAT first comment.

message 9: by Kemper (new)

Kemper Thanks!

message 10: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Well done, Kemper, or, should I say, Dick Cheney's ghostwriter...

message 11: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) *laaaaughs*

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I will always associate Dick Cheney with Elmer Fudd.

message 13: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) Sssh I'm hunting democrats?

message 14: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Assuming the words are "truthy" and that it doesn't devolve into pure propaganda, I would sort of like to read this book. Know your enemy, etc...

Also, I want to see if this passage is included:
Mother was always right about many things. When I was seven, a mule kicked me really hard in the groin. She told me "Buck up, little Dickey, if you keep making that face it will freeze that way." At the time, I did not believe her...

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments snrk. Is that before or after he had to explain to her that he didn't consider waterboarding the family cat to be torture?

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh I'm sure that will be in there tad.

message 17: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments The enhanced interrogation of the cat had to be done, Sarah, otherwise an even more horrific couch peeing incident would have inevitably occurred...

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No question!

message 19: by Kemper (new)

Kemper That cat had been designated as an enemy combantant and had crucial information vital to national security so it was perfectly legal to use advanced interogation techniques on it. Considering Cheney's treatment of other small animals (and elderly lawyers) on his hunting trips, I'd say Kitty got off lucky....

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Who hasn't harbored the suspicion that cats are actually foreign spies placed in our homes? He was obviously justified in detaining it.

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I imagine it would be considerably more interesting than Monica's Story. Yeah. I read that. It was strange, yet compelling.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
Scheduled release date August 30, 2011.

In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir

Don't see the point of reading it. Like Bush's memoir. The only purpose of these memoirs is to slant the story their way in hopes of influencing the history writers.

message 23: by Louise (last edited Mar 18, 2011 01:01AM) (new)

Louise Kemper wrote: "A brief sample:

*I'll never forget when my father, Satan, sat me down one day when I was about 10 and gave me the best advice I'd ever receive. "Son, never explain or apologize. Even if you sh..."

LOL :-)

I don't follow U.S. politics that closely, but I think Cheney and the pope look equally scarry - and remind me of emperor Palpatine from Star Wars...

message 24: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Oh well, gives my ex something to do in the bookstores (he keeps moving Bush's book to the True Crime section)

message 25: by Louise (new)

Louise lol

message 26: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Ugh, I was browsing Barnes & Noble online tonight (retail therapy for a sucky 72 hours) and three times the computer gremlins at B&N tried to sell me books by Newt Gingrich.

*shudder*

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh how gross.

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Yes, he did shoot someone in the face. It was a very serious accident, the man (who is very elderly) still has buckshot or whatever in his face, and the man has said that Cheney never apologized.

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Like most things involving Dick Cheney.

message 30: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Hey, I wonder if he will address the shooting in his memoir.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Why don't you read it and let us know? Someone has to be the guinea pig.

message 32: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'll just go into a bookstore and look at the index. Or wait for the reporters to reveal all.

message 33: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Didn't the "shot in the face" guy actually apologize to Cheney for the uproar caused by the incident?

message 34: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Phil wrote: "Didn't the "shot in the face" guy actually apologize to Cheney for the uproar caused by the incident?"

Don't know about that.

message 35: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

HBO is creating a miniseries based on Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency. Who should play Dick?

message 36: by Michael (new)

Michael Montgomery Burns.

message 37: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Lobstergirl wrote: "HBO is creating a miniseries based on Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency. Who should play Dick?"

Michael wrote: "Montgomery Burns."

*SPIT TAKE*

message 38: by Heidi (last edited Mar 22, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Louise wrote: "LOL :-)

I don't follow U.S. politics that closely, but I think Cheney and the pope look equally scarry - and remind me of emperor Palpatine from Star Wars... "

"Scarry"? Did they have bad acne as teens? Or maybe you were referring to Cheney's hunting victim (bless his heart)...

message 39: by Heidi (last edited Mar 22, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Rebecca wrote: "Oh well, gives my ex something to do in the bookstores (he keeps moving Bush's book to the True Crime section)"

OHHH! That's badass. I wanna shake your husband's hand. :)

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I still associate Cheney with Elmer Fudd.

message 41: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments He's not Elmer Fudd, he's The Penguin (from Batman).

message 42: by Heidi (last edited Mar 22, 2011 02:33PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Phil wrote: "He's not Elmer Fudd, he's The Penguin (from Batman)."

But when I imagine the hunting accident going down, Cheney's wearing Elmer's hat and talking like him.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.