With or Without Him With or Without Him discussion

Buddy read 2nd December with Ingela and Andrea

Comments Showing 1-50 of 156 (156 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Yay! and looks like it worked LOL :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Andrea wrote: "Yay! and looks like it worked LOL :)"

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hahahaha that's fawesome :)

I'm looking forward to it!

Ingie Hi Ladies! It will be fun to form a group with you in a few days.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Omg Ingela, I want to be in that band LOL

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Never usually look forward to Mondays, but I am this week. So hope this one's good, but it has had mixed reviews. x

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Darn it, can't see smilies or pictures on this ruddy kindle. Will have a look when I get home.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Bev wrote: "Never usually look forward to Mondays, but I am this week. So hope this one's good, but it has had mixed reviews. x"

Yup, I've seen the mixed reviews, too. Twill be interstink to see how we all react to it.

LOL @ Mondays, true dat! ;)

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Bev wrote: "Darn it, can't see smilies or pictures on this ruddy kindle. Will have a look when I get home."

Haven't heard 'ruddy' in awhile, love it.

And mebbe tis time for a new kindle?
I'm very tempted to get a second one, gona see if they go on sale for the holidays.

Ingie I just read three good reviews and trust them for now. So far 3.9 and it's actually quite okay. When a book is new is it maybe read by many ARC reviewers first, they can be tough with the stars. Either way, we three hopefully get a fun reading together. Right??

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ I love Barbara Elsborg. Her Cowboys Down was the first m/m I ever read and of course I was hooked! Every Move He Makes was really good...Well, I thought so although I think that got mixed reviews as well, and anyway as I told Andrea, Barbara's husband comes from the same town as me, and she's from not too far away herself, so I like to think I'm supporting a local writer, ha ha. x

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Andrea, this is a kindle fire....I upgraded from a kindle keyboard, but this one has been going nuts just lately, typing words or letters I haven't typed, saying I don't have a Wi-Fi connection when I do, so I have to keep re-setting it, it's a ruddy nuisance (I'll use that word again as you like it). I think Amazon are going to be getting another phone call from me shortly, but I'd hate to think it's on its way out, I've got so much on here that hasn't come from them, and that isn't saved on Calibre, but I suppose I could save everything on there...would take me ages though, groans.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ 1) update Calibre before something permanently horrible happens! can't have a ruddy kindle fire causing you woes. I have a KF, too. Worked on updating Calibre this week - had something like 75+ books to add LOL.

2) ruddy!!!! :D

3) I'm assuming you turn it completely off, as oppose to just letting it sleep, which should help. Also, if you don't already, make sure and clear out cookies, history, etc., by going to Apps, then Silk (if that's what you use) and then choose the things you want to clean out - may help.

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Thanks professor, I'll do that!! ♥

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hahahahaa I couldn't resist - I don't want you losing books or being at the mercy of a wee ruddy kindle fire LOL. :p
XX

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ I'm sure there is no need to ask LOL, but are we ready? I know I am! :D

Ingie Andrea wrote: "I'm sure there is no need to ask LOL, but are we ready? I know I am! :D"

Of course. When do we start? Our (Europe) evening on Monday?

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ I will probably start after work on Monday, which would be evening for you, so I'd say that's fine with me if Bev says ok, too! woot! LOL

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Yep, Monday evening will suit me fine my dears. Want to finish Max & Tristan and another book I'm in the middle of now I've finished Dance with Me. There are 26 chapters in WoWH...shall we read up to the end of say chapter 8 and then have a chat (I can only assume that this will be more interesting than Turbulence)?? What do you Ladies think...suggestions please. ♥♥

Ingie Sounds great with 8 chapter to start with.

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Ch. 8 sounds good to me.
Here's hoping for better than Turbulence!

message 24: by Ingie (last edited Nov 30, 2013 05:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie It must be better... they are still on Earth at least. No odd enemies and a crowded space ship - it says it all..

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ hahahahaha you're prob right, Ingela :)

Ingie Andrea wrote: "hahahahaha you're prob right, Ingela :)"

message 27: by Ingie (last edited Dec 02, 2013 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Telma *.* wrote: "Sorry to interrupt but can I join your buddy read? I saw Ingela comments and am starting this book too. :)"

For my part, you are so welcome, I can not imagine that the other girls think otherwise.

We decided that we would start with the first eight chapters and then reconnect here about it. Me and Bev live here in Europe. Andrea lives in the U.S. and has an other time but said she also begins in a few hours (later in the night for us Europeans). Where do you live Telma (don't remenber)?

..We must be careful with spoilers until we know that we all read so far. :)

Ingie Ladies, I start now. :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "Telma *.* wrote: "Sorry to interrupt but can I join your buddy read? I saw Ingela comments and am starting this book too. :)"

For my part, you are so welcome, I can not imagine that the other girl..."

No, that's fine with me. I will be starting tonight and as you say Ingela, NO spoilers until we've all got to chapter 8, hope it's a goodie. x

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hi all! Yes, no spoilers until chapter 8! LOL
I'll be starting once I get home from work tonight, so update when you want and I'll do so the same so that you'll see my progress tomorrow morning! :D
Lawdy, I hope it's good LOL.

message 31: by Ingie (last edited Dec 02, 2013 09:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie I have read a few pages and it starts in any case very direct and challenging. Not a beginning of a book for an innocent virgin of reading M/M erotica.

...I read so much slower and may need a head start to your fast reading ladies. :))))

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hahahahaa enjoy what starts like a hot start!! ;)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Woohoo, sounds just what we need Ingela!! x

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ It had ruddy well better be good Andrea!! hehe. x

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Hahahahaa yes it had ruddy well be fab! :p :D xx

Ingie It IS "rubby well" so far... LoL!

Ingie Telma *.* wrote: "Thank you. I'll try to read the first 8 chapters tonight. I don't read that fast so Ingela I'm with you..."

Good, nice to see you Telma! Enjoy!! :)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Oh yes, this is a big improvement on Turbulence, hehe!! I'm up to Chapter 5, and really enjoying it so far...Wilson the butler is a wonderful character, so droll and a really dry and sarcastic sense of humour, and of course, the heat between Tyler and Haris is simmering at the moment, they've only just met. x

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Ingela wrote: "It IS "rubby well" so far... LoL!"

Omg.... you said RUBBY... naughty chica! ;)
WOOT!!!

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Bev wrote: "Oh yes, this is a big improvement on Turbulence, hehe!! I'm up to Chapter 5, and really enjoying it so far...Wilson the butler is a wonderful character, so droll and a really dry and sarcastic sen..."

This already sounds promising...

message 41: by Ingie (last edited Dec 02, 2013 12:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie I'm a few pages into chapter five (17%) as well. I agree with you, the butler will probably become a favorite. There's nothing to complain about (view spoiler)

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Will do my best to read up to Chapter 8...if I can awake that is, but this is so much better than you know what!! x

Ingie Andrea wrote: "Ingela wrote: "It IS "rubby well" so far... LoL!"
Omg.... you said RUBBY... naughty chica! ;)
WOOT!!!"

LoL!! I don't even know what "rubby" mean. Must look up that word ...

~~~~> later...

From "UD":
Rubby:
when a guys balls are bigger then his dick
DAMNNN that boy got a huge ass rubby

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Welp, we originally said "ruddy", so look that up LOL.

Rubby has a whollllle other connotation! ;)

♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣ Bev wrote: "Will do my best to read up to Chapter 8...if I can awake that is, but this is so much better than you know what!! x"

You can only do your best! ;)

message 46: by Ingie (last edited Dec 02, 2013 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Andrea wrote: "Welp, we originally said "ruddy", so look that up LOL.
Rubby has a whollllle other connotation! ;)"

OMG I'm sooo RED in my face now. Yeah so this wacky and fun becomes the language problems when you have a Swedish with you here. :)))))

Ruddy was a much nicer and better word.

Ruddy
Strong, smart and handsome. A savory and sexy man.
Damn...he ruddy!

Sorry Ladies!!

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Ingela wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Welp, Thankswe originally said "ruddy", so look that up LOL.
Rubby has a whollllle other connotation! ;)"

OMG I'm sooo RED in my face now. Yeah so this wacky and fun becomes the language ..."

I think I prefer your word Ingela....rubby it is!! Hehe, it's a great word. x

☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆ Telma *.* wrote: "Thank you. I'll try to read the first 8 chapters tonight. I don't read that fast so Ingela I'm with you..."

Enjoy the read Telma and hi *waves*

message 49: by Ingie (last edited Dec 02, 2013 02:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ingie Bev wrote: "I think I prefer your word Ingela....rubby it is!! Hehe, it's a great word. x "

I'm at 23% now and (view spoiler) ~ Gasps of delight!

Ingie PS) I just saw that Tina gave 4 stars and that's promising. :)

« previous 1 3 4