The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion


87 views
Why does everyone hate FRANK?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gayathri Why is Frank the least popular HoO character? Why has he got the least votes?
I personally don't find anything wrong with him!


Sara I don't know. I like him. :)


Cherie Until House of Hades I just didn't think he had enough character development to be at the same level as, say Percy, Leo, Hazel, Annabeth, etc. I feel the same way for Jason... I just couldn't connect with them as easily.


Julia Julia thinks: Wishing kids understood the difference between "hate" and "not favorite"

Just because Frank didn't win doesn't mean anybody hates him. It just means the majority like somebody better. That's a huge difference. Think about it, all those people who voted for Percy, Leo, Nico, whoever, could very well have Frank in their #2 spot. That's not hate.

Also, people are fickle. Percy can be your favorite one day, then Frank another day, then Coach Hedge a day later.

And, people like what they are familiar with. I'll bet Annabeth started out as the top favorite in The Lost Hero, because she was the only return character. But then people got to know Leo and he moved up the charts. And then Percy was the top favorite in Son of Neptune, because people were so excited about his return. And Nico would be on top in Mark of Athena for the same reason. Everybody that says they "hate" Piper, Jason, or any other new character always gives the same basic reason (though not in these words): they just don't get them. Meaning they're new and unknown.


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I have no idea.


Gayathri Julia wrote: " Julia thinks: Wishing kids understood the difference between "hate" and "not favorite"

Just because Frank didn't win doesn't mean anybody hates him. It just means the majority like somebody bett..."

I know! What you say is correct!!!!


Anthony Washington (SPOILER)I think Frank is epic, he can transform into frikin animals! That's epic! But did anybody notice the easter egg that I saw? On page 26 they were talking about the Doors of Death and Piper says they keep coming back like water from a leaky dam, then Percy says, "Yeah. We've got a dam hole." Piper says what but Percy just says that it was an inside joke. To anyone that didn't catch that, if you have your The Titan's Curse, go to page 199 which will be the first page of chapter 14 and read the name of the chapter. I'm not telling you what it is, read it for yourself. I just wanted to share that and make sure I wasn't the only one to get to enjoy it, lol. Peace. ☮ ✌ The Titan's Curse


Anthony Washington Babafaba(Hypnos),aka Awesome Bob wrote: "I like him.
I don't like Jason,Piper and Reyna"

I like Frank too, but what's wrong with them???


message 11: by Dida (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dida Damanik I never hate Frank but he is also not my most fave one.

Anthony wrote: To anyone that didn't catch that, if you have your The Titan's Curse, go to page 199 which will be the first page of chapter 14
I got it too but what is the connection to Frank??


Esther Bae Why? I love All the Characters except that I don't really feel connected to Jason. I mean, he (to me, all opinions are different) kind of sounds like a show-off, in a way. Not in the "LOL I ROCK SO EVERYONE FOLLOW ME CAUSE I ROCK" way but a little in the "LOL I'M THE SON OF ZEUS SO EVERYONE FOLLOW ME INCLUDING YOU SON OF POSEIDON AND DAUGHTER AND SON OF HADES CAUSE I ROCK AND I'M THE SON OF ZEUS!" way


Babafaba(Hypnos)((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))(((Scuttle)))((((Scar)))) Anthony wrote: "Babafaba(Hypnos),aka Awesome Bob wrote: "I like him.
I don't like Jason,Piper and Reyna"
I like Frank too, but what's wrong with them???"


I don't hate them,I just prefer the others!


Gayathri Esther wrote: "Why? I love All the Characters except that I don't really feel connected to Jason. I mean, he (to me, all opinions are different) kind of sounds like a show-off, in a way. Not in the "LOL I ROCK SO..."

TRUE!!!


~Cassie~ Cherie wrote: "Until House of Hades I just didn't think he had enough character development to be at the same level as, say Percy, Leo, Hazel, Annabeth, etc. I feel the same way for Jason... I just couldn't conne..."

This is exactly how I feel. He seemed to be a rather flat character. How could that ever compare to Percy, who we've seen develop over the course of multiple books?


Anthony Washington Dida wrote: "I never hate Frank but he is also not my most fave one.

Anthony wrote: To anyone that didn't catch that, if you have your The Titan's Curse, go to page 199 which will be the first page of chapter ..."

It doesn't have anything to do with Frank but I still wanted to tell everybody about that so I did.


Anthony Washington Babafaba(Hypnos),aka Awesome Bob wrote: "Anthony wrote: "Babafaba(Hypnos),aka Awesome Bob wrote: "I like him.
I don't like Jason,Piper and Reyna"
I like Frank too, but what's wrong with them???"

I don't hate them,I just prefer the others!"


Understandable.


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Frank! He's cool :)


Mackenzie Sarah wrote: "I like Frank! He's cool :)"

Yes! me too!


Gayathri Mackenzie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I like Frank! He's cool :)"

Yes! me too!"

:))


message 21: by Maya (last edited Dec 01, 2013 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya What?! I think Frank is awesome!! He's soooo nice, and he can turn into animals! Who wouldn't like that, huh? Plus he's a great archer.


message 22: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Anthony wrote: "(SPOILER)I think Frank is epic, he can transform into frikin animals! That's epic! But did anybody notice the easter egg that I saw? On page 26 they were talking about the Doors of Death and Piper ..."

I remember reading that! I totally cracked up, because it's actually just the readers and Percy who would get the joke, because Annabeth was captured then and everyone else is new.


Cleopatraselene2 Frank is awesome. I think it is because he is quiet, which is not a bad thing.


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

He wasn't handsome and/or charming like the other boys in the Seven (Percy, Leo, Jason), so fangirls didn't see any worth in him pre-House of Hades.


message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

^Agree


Kelly Brigid ♡ I don't like Piper or Jason, but Frank is cool I guess. I just like Percy, Annabeth, Leo, Hazel, Nico, and Reyna more.


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Frank is an ok character.


back to top