Start by marking “The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)

The Mark of Athena

(The Heroes of Olympus #3)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  436,686 ratings  ·  16,507 reviews
Grca badge winner
Annabeth is terrified. Just when she's about to be reunited with Percy—after six months of being apart, thanks to Hera—it looks like Camp Jupiter is preparing for war. As Annabeth and her friends Jason, Piper, and Leo fly in on the Argo II, she can't blame the Roman demigods for thinking the ship is a Greek weapon. With its steaming bronze dragon figurehead, Leo's fantasti ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 586 pages
Published October 2nd 2012 by Disney-Hyperion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Mark of Athena, please sign up.
Freds.Girl.16 Percabeth for sure. But I also like Frank because he is so sweet
Luke J. Schelvan They've all already been released. Hope you like them!!! I hope that Rick Riordan writes another book!!!!!
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,513 books — 15,691 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,319 books — 10,676 voters

More lists with this book...

·  436,686 ratings  ·  16,507 reviews

Start your review of The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
Sasha Alsberg
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book in this series so far!!
Ela
WHAT KIND OF AN ENDING WAS THAT, HUH? WHERE WAS THE HAPPY ENDING? Oh my God.... Percy and Annabeth.... why why why why why

******

I won't lie, this book was the book that I was the most excited about in this series. This was the book that all the seven demigods were finally going to meet each other for the first time, and start their quest. AND of course, the Percabeth reunion (whooooooooooooooooooooo)!!!!!!

Rick Riordan hasn't failed me yet. His characters are still what I love about his books the
Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: Weaving plot from tangled threads of inadequacy, it’s an ode to adolescence: totally teeming with teen angst tension.
Sabrina
My Not-So-Final Final Review

Let's start this review in the most eloquently put way I can: I have no idea how to write this review.

When I finished this book a while ago, I would log onto Goodreads every single day and every single day, I would look at my pre-review and think, how can I write this review? What should I include, what should I put emphasis on? I would simply just stare at my laptop's screen until my mom called me down for dinner.

I wish I could write this review to the high calib
Brigid ✩
OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.

I just ... I can't even ... I can't.

Well ... Good job Rick Riordan. You have written another glorious book. Congrats. I salute you.

But ... YOU ARE ALSO A HUGE TROLL, AND YOU ARE STOMPING ALL OVER MY FUCKING HEART, AND THAT ENDING WAS SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL, AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE. HOWWWWWW.

... But okay, okay. Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to staaaart.)

In his usual trollish fashion, Riordan left the previous book i
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Delaying death is one of my favorite hobbies”

Gods, how I missed these books! Why did it take me so long to continue this series? Why did I let Rick Riordan down?

It was great to return to the world of the Greek and Roman gods and monsters. Entertaining and so incredibly hilarious! Oh man, I loved this so much. The Mark of Athena has a few tiny flaws, but that doesn't stop it from being an amazing read.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Zanib  Sajjad
Oct 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Latest Edit:
Oh man, oh man oh man oh man! Confession: First thought that came to mind when the book was released: How will Percabeth react to each other? A kiss? Dramatic hug/cry scene? Honestly, I really want to see more going on in that area. Sadly, I'm not getting my copy until the next few weeks.... I'm in control.... I hope they kiss in front of everyone, you know... WHAT? I'm in control- gosh....
Photobucket
..............

Photobucket

Edited:
Ok, WOW? Is that the cover? And is that Jason and Percy... Fightin
may ❀
Full review posted:

Pain, my true and loyal friend, welcome back.

First off, Uncle Rick are you okay? Who hurt you that made you channel your feelings into the ending of this book??

This isn’t gonna be much of a review rather than just a spoilery screaming session, but don’t worry my peeps im gonna break out the spoiler tags, you’re safe.

Now, let me tell you kids, THE AMOUNT OF PERCABETH IN THIS BOOK WILL GIVE YOU LIFE. You know when your ship becomes canon and you basically just want the entire
Ahmed  Ejaz
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Uncle Rick! Now you are going to torture me with cruel cliffhangers? Really? I didn't think you would do that after seven books!
Anyway, carry on! I still love you!

This book was AMAZING! The adventure was the most deadly one yet. And we got to see all the prophesied seven demi-gods on screen. I LOVED THAT!

OVERVIEW
Annabeth, Jason, Piper and Leo reach Camp Jupiter with their warship, Argo II, to tell the roman demi-gods that they have to forget their animosity and team up with them to
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3), Rick Riordan

The Mark of Athena is an American fantasy-adventure novel written by Rick Riordan, based on Greek and Roman mythology.

It was published on October 2, 2012, and is the third book in The Heroes of Olympus series, a spin-off of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. It is preceded by The Son of Neptune and followed by The House of Hades.

تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز سیزدهم ماه سپتامبر سال 2014 میلادی

عنوان: نشان آتنا - کتاب سوم از مجموعه قهرم
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
Complete 5 Golden Stars!

100% Wow...

"Being a hero doesn’t mean you’re invincible. It just means that you’re brave enough to stand up and do what’s needed."

why I love heroes, in one quote.

my favourite book in the series! closely followed by House of Hades! I actually can't decide which one I love more!

*might have spoilers about the first two books of the Heroes of Olympus*

Epic!
finally United!
finally the main quest begins!
I've been waiting for this!

pages turn & something happens every time!

Anna
Maeve
Oct 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
WHY, RICK RIORDAN?! Why would you do that to us?! I just waited a year for Son of Neptune and now you are making me wait AGAIN for Mark of Athena! All I can say now is: WHAT THE HECK?!
COME FASTER, 2012!

edit 10/23/11:

What the... well, only good thing is that it's September this time, instead of October. Oh well. See ya in a year!
C.G. Drews

I don't really know how to explain my feelings here, peoples. HOW ABOUT LIKE THIS??
description

ARE WE STARTING TO PAINT A PICTURE HERE OF THE INCREDIBLE PAIN I'M IN RIGHT NOW? LIKE. NO. AND WHAT. AND PLEASE STAHP, RICK RIORDAN, YOU MALICIOUS LEAF.

**hyperventilates**

Okay, but really. Let's talk about this book.

This is my 8th Riordan read, and it is excellent. Probably the best so far. I was woefully bored in book 2: The Son of Neptune but completely in love with book 1: The Lost Hero. And The Mark
Leah
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Those were my two reactions when my sister told me the book was about to come out. I can't wait for this book!!!!! (you probably already figured that out by the pictures. he he.) The cover on the book seems so... dramatic. It looks like Percy and Jason are about to fight. Guess I'll just have to wait. Wow, the more I think about it, it is really hard to wait. (sigh)

After awhile
One day guys only one day!!!

After finishing the book

woohoo! I finally finished the book! :)

Oh wait...the next book comes
Naofumi Iwatani (from The Rising of The Shield Hero) ☯ (ヅ) ꧁꧂✨ ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡   ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
there are only two things, the first: the beginning was kinda slow, and the second: what the hell type of ending was that? That was such a huge cliffhanger, why Rick? Why? (view spoiler) ...more
Jessica
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: made-me-cry, own, 2012
FINALLY FINISHED October 5th:

*Dramatic sobbing from girl writing this review* WHY RICK?!!! WHY?!!! Why must you torture me with these gosh darn cliffhangers and these year long waits?!?!?! Do you just enjoy seeing your faithful readers suffer? Do you revel in our pain and anguish from chapters such as THAT PENULTIMATE CHAPTER!!! YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! How could you do this to us?!?!? And to the characters?!?!? Those two in the penultimate chapter, yeah them. That was a fate worse
nicklein
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre-Reading: When I started Heroes of Olympus, this book hasn't been published yet. So, I think it's time for me to dive back into this world. Stoked!

Post-Reading Edit: (3Jun2016)

4 stars!

As per usual with Mr. Riordan, this book was freaking hilarious. Percy and Leo's antics made me clutch my sides and had me dying of laughter hundreds of times. One of my favourite Leo Moments was his encounter with Narcissus. But nothing beats his convo with Aphros. That one was pure gem.

“We have trained al
theburqaavenger➹
Dear Uncle Rick,

(view spoiler)

I hate you.

Love,
Areeba.["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
MOVED - CHECK BIO
-_- Chapter fifty-one, second half. Be warned.

In The Mark of Athena, Percy, Hazel and Frank meet up with four others from Camp Half-Blood: Jason, Piper, Leo, and Annabeth. This book's main conflict is pretty simple: Go to Rome, stay alive. Their goal is to make it to Rome, find Hazel's brother Nico, and find the Doors of Death.

This book takes place all over, but the main setting is on Leo's warship: The ArgoII. They visit Kansas, Atlanta, and some more places. ;)

I loved, LOVED, that Annabeth's
ambsreads
“Wisdom’s daughter walks alone
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome
Twins snuff out the angel’s breath
Who holds the key to endless death
Giants’ bane stands gold and pale
Won through pain from a woven jail"

The Mark of Athena is the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series. The book starts off with Annabeth's perspective. She's feeling a cold presence on the ship as the Greeks sail into the Roman camp in order to reunite with Percy.

Unfortunately, since these characters will never catch a break,
10/11/12
Just finished it. Shall post my review when I'm more coherent. But goodness, grab your copies now!

10/3/12

People, I know it's out and it has a cover. If you must know, I AM DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON A COPY. Gimmmmeeee!

---
I just finished the The Son of Neptune and I am so excited for this I might just keel over and die right now.

But where's the fun in that right? I will miss the release of the cover and I will never get to see the day of the Percy Jackson casts reunion.

So I'm wondering wh
Claudia Ramírez
4.5, really. I don't know why, but I liked "The Son of Neptune" better (just a little bit). Anyways, this book was AWESOME. Percy and Annabeth have my heart <3. ...more
Chloe
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THAT ENDING. Best in the series so far, can't wait to read the next one!
Elesia
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, this book was awesome!! My favourite of the series so far!! I love Leo and loved Percy and Annabeth in this book so much!! That ending was crazyyy, so going to read House of Hades asap!! Looooved!!
Luupi "The Reading Queen"

|| Buddy Read with Arin ||

I've been very vocal about how much Rick Riordan's books entertain and amaze me, and this book was no exception!

This third book as always is full of action but the unique thing I found was how many emotions it brought me, from love, joy, friendship to sadness, hopelessness and the scary thought of not knowing what was going to happen. I have to admit the most incredible thing that happened in The Mark of Athena was that (view spoiler)
Helen 2.0
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5. How are all these kids still alive? Natural selection should have picked them off years ago because clearly they're too dumb to stay out of trouble...

Yet another Rick Riordan book that is longer than it needs to be and is full of bad jokes that make me scold myself for laughing. Don't get me wrong, I love Rick Riordan most days of the week, but when is he going to stop being predictable? And when will he admit that platonic friendships between girls and boys are in fact possible and he does
Vanessa J.
Rick Riordan has come a long way with this series. And I mean it both literally and metaphorically. Literally because duh, it's the eighth book about these characters - if that isn't long enough for you, then I don't know what is. Metaphorically because if you contrast this with the original series, you can see how much mature it has become: The first books were fun and all, but this... this is the real stuff.

But let's get on with the characters first.

Now the seven demigods from the Great Prophe
Lady Jaye
After Reading:

Frankly, this was sub-par and not at all worthy of Rick Riordan and the characters he's created (By that I mean Percy and Annabeth, not the new people. The others' creation was sub-par to begin with).

What we have here is some very shoddy work. Too many cooks spoil the broth and the many narrators made for a choppy and boring story. The characters were very flat. Mr. Riordan has managed to create a singularly annoying character in Coach Hedge. Piper and Leo are not far behind. Jason
may ➹
am I even buddy reading this with Prag anymore or am I just buddy reading this with PAIN

(May stop reading so fast and getting shocked when you get to the Painful parts quicker than you expected challenge)
tappkalina
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
I hope there will be a lot of Nico in the next book.

• The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl #5)
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
  • Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10)
  • Fear (Gone, #5)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

Articles featuring this book

For the past decade, the Goodreads Choice Awards have put the power in our readers' hands by letting them decide the best...
“We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again.” 2668 likes
“I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts -Leo Valdez” 1858 likes