YA Addicts discussion

Recommend a book > I need recommendations

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (last edited Dec 16, 2013 03:20PM) (new)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) | 304 comments Mod
So I've been thinking.......... Why not let you help me pick books? I feel like then I would read new books.

Please suggest books!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Any books at all? Do you have any genre in particular u want?

YA but I'm open to about anything in the genre.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay...thats broad buuut lemme seee...(Idk if you've read any of these)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin This is a Reaaallllly good paranormal book! And the sequels even better
Between by Jessica Warman Okay in this book, a girl realizes she's dead after finding her body drowned in..a lake? River? Some body of water. She doesn't remember what happened to her, she doesn't know who killed her. So in the book shes trying to figure it out and stuff. I was hesitant on this, but I read it and its actually really good
The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson and The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson Both are really good. Um....it kinda deals with clones?
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Dualed (Dualed, #1) by Elsie Chapman The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes All are dystopian
Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Absolute amazingness
Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1) by Simone Elkeles This ones romance. Not insta-love which I'm supee happy about. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West Thats romance too
That looks like too much so I'll stop here

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terricarmin) | 36 comments Sweet Evil is amazing! And Kaidan Rowe <3 and if you've never read Pushing The Limits you have been missing out!!!

These all sound so good :)

Anymore recommendations?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas These two are fantasy
Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers Realistic fiction and/or contemporary
Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lili St. Crow Paranormal

Going to the library tomorrow to get like 6 or 7 books for the first part of December. Any more before I go?

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

I got a kindle Paperwhite for Christmas!! Any recommendations for ebooks I should get?

message 13: by Crystal (last edited Dec 26, 2013 12:21PM) (new)

Crystal (cgk22) Anna wrote: "I got a kindle Paperwhite for Christmas!! Any recommendations for ebooks I should get?"

Not really a particular book in mind at the moment, but I would recommend getting on the Kindle daily deals email list. If you aren't already that is. I have gotten some great deals on ebooks.

message 14: by April (new)

April H | 1 comments I seriously recommend Brush of Shade Brush of Shade (The Whisperer's Chronicles, #1) by Jan Harman by Jan Harman. It's different from the regular vampire, werewolves, angels etc. that fill YA books. I just finished it for a second time. I love it! It has a relatable main character. Great interactions between characters. Mystery, secrets, and mysterious powers.

message 15: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (vr_alyssa) Ah yes, I'm really enjoying that book as well

message 16: by Saleen (new)

Saleen Captured(Captive series) by Erica Stevens

message 17: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Williams | 6 comments Hot new adventure fantasy twist on the Arthur legend. Free today! http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...

While searching through an old museum, Katarina Cole stumbles upon a forgotten painting of a beautiful knight whose malicious eyes and taunting joker's grin leave her mystified and infatuated. Moved by a stone bracelet from the past, she suddenly finds herself in the very presence of this daunting knight but the curse that entrapped him is far from over, and soon she finds herself in a time place she is unfamiliar of-- a time of King Arthur's rule. Enchanted by the camaraderie of Arthur and his knights, she soon forgets this is not her home, but changing the past changes the future and when their return results in a deadly consequence, she must work with the formidable knight who started it all to make things right. Faced with challenges from giant trolls, deceiving fairies, and a sorceress who wants nothing more than to destroy Atthur, Katarina and the dark knight Brendelon must overcome their tormenting pasts as they uncover the secrets of the spell and the key to send Katarina home, in this ultimate battle of good v evil and finding where you belong, this book will leave you absolutely spellbound.

message 18: by Leetal (new)

Leetal K (leetalk) | 10 comments Terri wrote: "Sweet Evil is amazing! And Kaidan Rowe <3 and if you've never read Pushing The Limits you have been missing out!!!"

I love Sweet Evil! Kaiden and Anna are one of my favorite couples.

message 19: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 6 comments My all-time favorite books:
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1) by Ally Carter The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston The Cabin by Natasha Preston P.S. I Like You by Kasie West Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins Forbidden by Syrie James