Start by marking “You Will Be Mine” as Want to Read:

ROSES ARE RED
VIOLETS ARE BLUE
WATCH YOUR BACK
I'M COMING FOR YOU

Lylah and her friends can't wait to spend a night out together. Partying is the perfect way to let loose from the stress of life and school, and Lylah hopes that hitting the dance floor with Chace, her best friend, will bring them closer together. She's been crushing on him since they met. If only he thought of
Published February 6th 2018 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about You Will Be Mine, please sign up.
Erin Reedy There will not be unfortunately. Natasha likes to have her Thrillers end on cliff hangers. I’d really love it if there was one too!!
Ella
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Gray Cox
If all of your closest friends at college started disappearing and being found with their hearts missing, and then you start getting a series of disturbing notes and gifts, would you:

(a. Get the heck out, change your name, get a bad dye job, move three states away.
(b. Find a safer place to stay away from your college dorm, and try to keep it lowkey.
(c. Still go out, party, and think about your crush 24/7

Yeah, guess what our MC went with? (view spoiler)

And the ending? Let's
*Ritzrenee*
Feb 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was skimming through the pages...
Needed this story to end

So I didnt guess the culprit correctly despite suspecting the person. This entire book felt like a fluffy mystery book. A hates B,C,D... so A killed them all. I literally felt it was just like that while I was reading. The depth to the story was not developed well. In fact, it could be a shorter story...
Rissa
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook-as-of-2018
You will be mine 4.25⭐

I have loved everything I have read by natasha so far. Her novels are gripping, fast paced, alot of fun.
This takes place around Valentine’s Day with a group of friends. One of which, Sonny, starts getting werid noted and flowers then free drinks. Everyone thinks its a joke and just some girl obsessed with him but Lylah grows concered as the notes escalate.
All of her friends are being targeted because of Lylahs past mistakes.

And that ending! The Killer! Holy cow! (Or holy
Mandy
This is the story of Lylah, who lost both her parents in an accident on Valentine's day nearly two years ago. She has rebuilt her life and now lives in a house sharing with four other people. She is going to university and working towards her degree.
As February begins, the group of friends start to receive anonymous notes, and then one of the group is killed.
I thought this was a fast-paced read, and on the whole, I enjoyed it. It is all a little improbable, and the police are portrayed as not be
Courtney
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
You Will Be Mine is a YA thriller/suspense that revolves around a group of college kids living together.

As you can tell, I am torn on how to write this review. While I did enjoy the book, I wasn't overly excited with everything going on. And once again, it's because I struggle with connecting to the characters. The storyline itself is interesting but the lack of character development hurt the story overall for me.

As I said the storyline was interesting; Lylah and her friends start receiving anon
Taylor
Read this poolside yesterday and have a lot of thoughts. I'm going to try and work them out in a more coherent manner than the rant I want to leave right now. Stay tuned...it'll probably still be a rant...Full RTC.
Farren
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
At first I thought the negative reviews were being too harsh, but once I got past the first 40 or so pages everything went downhill fast.

I really don't know who was more stupid throughout the book—the students or the police. The kids are being stalked by a killer who wants to cut out their hearts, yet they are always sneaking away from their security detail or going off "to just be alone for awhile." The police that are being paid to do nothing but watch them can't keep track of them and keep en
Laura Guilbault
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the style, loved the characters and it was a joy to read. However, I don’t find it all that realistic. I doubt the killer would have been able to get away with all the murdering and gruesome threats for so long, his attitude towards his killings did not support well, and the ending, although beautifully wicked and squeal-triggering for the reader, is very very improvable.
Plus there were a handful of typos.
And the last page will ruin it! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT scan ahead. Don’t e
Lauren
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: I Received an ARC of this book from Sourcebooks Fire via Netgalley. This in no way influences my opinion

For me, Natasha Preston became an author to look out for after reading The Cabin. It had me hooked from beginning to end and the ending was absolutely shocking. So when Sourcebooks uploaded this to Netgalley, I just had to read it! This book had me guessing throughout, but there were some things that I feel were a little unbelievable, considering the situation.

This book follows a group o
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
This book was so fun to read - like watching a 90s teen slasher flick...but the whole time I wanted the BAU from Criminal Minds to come deal with this bullshit serial killer since the local detectives seemed to have their heads up their butts (the killer and their motive is pretty predictable, but I did waffle a couple of times). I recommend reading it around Valentine's Day to get the most from the setting.
~Cyanide Latte~
Kitkat
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Natasha Preston I was worried about this book because I hated Awake. But my God this book was brilliant! I loved the thrill of it and the terror I felt for my character. This book gave me chills and I’m so happy I didn’t think to hard about who the killer was. Also the cryptic notes at the door were amazing. I loved the ending and I hope there is a sequel. I mean the ending makes me think there’s another one and I’m grinning like a lunatic right now. People are just wondering why the hell I’m gr ...more
Casey
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was not a huge fan of this book for many reasons. For one, I thought it was highly predictable—I know the outcome within the fifty pages. Another, and probably the main reason as to why I disliked this book was because I hate the main character, Lylah. She, as well as her friends, were just too annoying for me to deal with. Overall, I rate “You Will Be Mine” 2 stars.
Amanda Kingswell
Nov 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
A shout out to Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book. I was really taken by the synopsis of the book. It is a mystery and it sounded like it was going to be a page turner. However, I could not get passed the writing. It was not the greatest. It was very amateur writing and mind you I do realize that the audience is YA but, I have teens that I know would not be able to stand the writing. It is supposed to be a YA suspense novel that almost feels like it was written for a young ...more
Melanie Maloney
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
If you like a decent suspenseful serial killer novel this book is for you. I found it a bit predictable but it was still action packed right up untilthe end.
Kimberly Herrera
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jessie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on A Thousand Lives Lived, check it out for more!

*3.5 star rating*

I really expected You Will Be Mine to be stunningly fabulous. After reading all of Natasha Preston's other books, I made the assumption that this book would be just as fabulous. Well, as you can see based on my rating of the story, I didn't think it was as enjoyable. To me, this was a really childish, teenager version of a psychological thriller or mystery story. There was no depth to the story for
Lauren
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
*3.5 stars*

As soon as I heard that Natasha Preston's You Will Be Mine was a Valentine's Day murder mystery, I instantly added it to my TBR. I love thrillers in general, and I especially couldn't wait to see what bloody twist Natasha had in store for us this Valentine's Day.

The result? You Will Be Mine packs in the thrills as well as the chills. Delightfully creepy, You Will Be Mine had me shook from the first page until the very last word.

In some respects, You Will Be Mine is the standard slas
Livv
Mar 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is a huge rant, so I apologize in advance. First, I want to mention that the story concept was pretty sturdy; although, the plot was straightforward and overall basic. Preston's writing is mostly geared for teens, so I do understand the choice in writing style. Second, there was an enormous amount of spelling and grammatical errors ("shot" instead of "shop"?). At first I counted them, but I lost track because there were so many. Additionally, there was a large amount of repetitiveness. The ...more
Brandi (Brandi Janee's Bookshelf)
**2.5 stars**

You Will Be Mine is a mystery/thriller that takes place around Valentine's Day. This book centers around Lylah and her group of friends right before they are about to go out to a Valentine's themed play. Right before they leave there's a creepy note that has been left on their doorstep made using letters clipped from magazines. They all play it off as a prank but that changes when Sonny never comes home.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I was expecting to. The mystery element was
Stephanie Mae
Jan 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Strong contender for the worst book I’ve ever read.
Anaya Kashmir
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
While there were several components of this book that I truly enjoyed, I found the overall development to be underwhelming. After reading most of Preston's other books, I was eager to engage in her most recent heart-pounding, twisted world. However, the overall shock factor was lost on me after the ending became very predictable, very quickly.
I did enjoy the characters and their relationship, despite them acting in complete idiocy most of the time.
Just once, it would be great to see characters
Kiki Cole
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to this book so much, but sadly I was disappointed. The twist at the end, although unexpected, was poorly executed. That part of the book kind of disgusted me and confused me a little bit as to why that specific character was chosen. I feel like this book could have had a lot of potential, but what I read just didn't give me much chills or shock like The Cellar had. The ending didn't satisfy me either because I have so much questions whether there will be a second book or i ...more
Natalie
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sal
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was actually a decent read.
The police came across as incompetent which as it’s a YA read I’m not sure is the right message to get across.
Yes I guessed who this killer was but it did take me a while to figure it out.
The only thing that annoyed me was the ending, honestly that was seriously disappointing.
However, it is a book I would let my daughter read as it does have some really good moments and is totally a YA read so that’s why I gave it 4 stars
Kasandra ✨
Aug 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at page 65. I just couldn’t handle the writing style to be honest. The story could’ve been good but god it’s so poorly executed I really couldn’t push further.
Bhoomi P
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
The plot and characters were flat, and the book was also too predictable, I would recommend this book for people who want a quick read, but other than that it was ok.
Cynthia Sanchez
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had chosen this book because I had read another from Preston called "The Cellar". This book was as good as the one I had read previously. The mystery made you want to read more and there was a crazy plot twist. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
The author kept me in complete suspense and I did not see any of it coming. The story is fast paced and I loved the characters. I was kept glued to the edge of my seat from beginning to end!! Beware of secret admirer's!!!

{ I requested a copy for review purposes via NetGalley and made no guarantee of a favorable review. The opinions expressed here are unbiased an my own.}

• Deadfall
  • Skating Over the Line (Rebecca Robbins, #2)
  • Cornish Crusaders MC (South Coast Brothers #2)
  • The Worst of Me
  • The Echo Room
  • Not Enough
  • The Curse of the Rose (The Rose Chronicles #1)
  • Wicked Needs (Wicked Bay, #5)
  • Girls & Monsters
  • A Princess's Duty (Of Fire and Frost, #1)
  • IM
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • The Color of Lies
  • Camp Kiss (Camp Boyfriend, #0.5)
  • Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)
  • The Letting Go
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author of The Cellar and The Cabin. Romance and YA Thriller writer, Tom Hardy enthusiast, and always buried in a book.

Amazon - https://goo.gl/VsxKPk