David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Onyx (Lux, #2)
This topic is about Onyx
Buddy Reads! > Onyx Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Karen and I are starting a buddy read for the second book in the Lux series on Saturday, Nov. 16th!

This buddy read is open to everyone who would like to join in!! There are no set chapters per day, we just read at our own paces and start each post with how far along you are, i.e., Chapter #, %, using spoilers where needed. Have fun!

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Yay! I bought my copy last night and I'm ready to go!!

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Woot! I bought mine ages ago, happy to finally be getting to this book! I'm also going to read Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout quick first as well.

Ohhh.. I just bought it and will read tonight! ;-)

I made it to Chapter 3. I was so burnt out last night, my eyes wouldn't focus. But, just from the beginning, I like Dawson's character way more than Daemon. :-)

message 6: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL this is so cute!!

15% into Shadows:
"She. Spoke. To. Him. First. It was like winning the lottery, getting laid, and climbing the highest cliff all rolled into one. But he needed to play it cool, because he was trending into lame-o-land at a quick pace."

I do love Dawson, way sweeter than Daemon!

I'm 59% in. I like this one a little more than Obsidian probably because I'm loving Dawson. :)

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished reading Shadows, and I really did love Dawson way more than Daemon. We already kind of new how it was going to end, so sad.

Started Onyx, 31% of the way in (view spoiler)

31% in. (view spoiler)

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm at 40% now (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh, and one other funny, there was a Twilight reference that cracked me up! I love how Jennifer was able to make fun of herself a little with it!!

message 12: by Karen’s Library (last edited Nov 19, 2013 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "I'm at 40% now Seem to be reading this one kinda slow. I wondered the same thing about Bethany and Dawson. Daemon still annoys me a little, but not as bad as in Obsidian. And now that I underst..."

46%. I'm so with you on the teen drama! Some of these conversations are driving me insane! Is this contemporary? ;-)

(view spoiler)

And I missed the Twilight reference. Where or what was it? :(

At least this is an easy mindless read. Work is sucking my braincells dry. ;-)

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I can't find it now...but basically Katy is thinking that its pathetic so be so into a guy that treats her like a leper, but she wants him anyways...basically giving the whole Twilight plot points without mentioning the name...she is first thinking about a book she is reading...then she connects it to her own life and its really funny!

message 15: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm at 60% now (view spoiler)

message 16: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

And to answer your question, its really bad contemporary!

message 17: by Karen’s Library (last edited Nov 19, 2013 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny wrote: "I'm at 60% now [spoilers removed]"

I'm at 66%. (view spoiler)

message 18: by Karen’s Library (last edited Nov 19, 2013 08:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ok the part with Daemon doing her blog with her was amusing though.

Is it just me, or is a lot of this story being really dragged out?

Finished. (view spoiler)

message 20: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished it as well! I enjoyed it much more than Obsidian, especially the last half of the story. (view spoiler)

message 21: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (bookaholic22) | 176 comments Who wants to read this with me?

Tracy | 823 comments I hope you guys have Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout close by and after that you will need to start Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout immediately. Her cliffhangers make you want to pull your hair out.

message 23: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have both, Tracy, but haven't felt the overwhelming need to read them yet! I have others I'd much rather read right now!

Tracy | 823 comments Jenny wrote: "I have both, Tracy, but haven't felt the overwhelming need to read them yet! I have others I'd much rather read right now!"

I love this series a lot more than the NA stuff JLA has been doing. After Opal and that huge cliffhanger I was really mad about it so I am not reading anymore of them until all the books are out.