Start by marking “Origin (Lux, #4)” as Want to Read:
Origin (Lux, #4)

Origin

(Lux #4)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  80,297 ratings  ·  7,256 reviews
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

/>All
Published August 27th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Origin, please sign up.
Marco Baiocco Good for you. What's the question?
Good for you. What's the question?
I didn't, the first two where definitely better. There is too much smoochies and useless "love language" for a good novel, this is starting to look too much like those crappy love novels for girl teenagers...(less)
Hailey .5 Shadows
1. Obsidian
2. Onyx
3. Opal
4. Origin
5. Opposition

There are also bind ups of the books if you…more
.5 Shadows
1. Obsidian
2. Onyx
3. Opal
4. Origin
5. Opposition

There are also bind ups of the books if you want.
(less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,500 books — 12,272 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,575 books — 11,042 voters

More lists with this book...

·  80,297 ratings  ·  7,256 reviews

Start your review of Origin (Lux, #4)
Kris-10
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

Initial Reaction: I just finished the book..... and I'm speechless..... that ending..... Daemon...... I can't....... I can't even...... asdfghjkl;

Okay, I'm going to attempt to 'review' this book and refrain from too much fangirling. First of all, I think it's obvious that I absolutely loved it! So much stuff happened and it was so action-packed! But there were also really beautiful, tender moments between Daemon & Katy. Which leads me to.... Daemon.... *sigh* I absolutely love me
Boyanna

Warning: this contains foul language and also tiny spoilers!!!

For those of you who don't know what this book is about: this book is about rubbing and also groping.

There were literally 3 chapter about them (ahem) enjoying each-other! 3 CHAPTERS noting happened except them lying in bed! and then there were 2 more of them walking through Vegas and thinking about FEELINGS.

There might have been some descent action scenes somewhere around the end, but I was so fed up of this book by then, i skip-read through most of them.

The thing
Nick
5 FULLY FREAKING STARS!!!

I was so thrilled to read this one because we waited a lot for this one.And when I got it in my heads I couldn't leave it.It was such a cool book and the ending was mind blowing, that great.

Me while reading the book :

“As close as you’re riding me, man, I feel like I need to take you out to dinner or something. At least, I should get your name.” He punched in a floor number, smirking.
“People call me Archer.”

[image error]

“Oh shit. ET just phoned home.”

Mountain View

“Me and Katy look adorkable in extraterrestrial
highway shirts. You would just look stupid. You c

I
xrysa
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Daemon and Katy

“There's only one thing I want."
"And that is?"
"I want to see Kat."
Nancy's smile didn't fade. "And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?"
"Anything," I said without hesitation, and I meant it. "I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first and I want to see her now.”

I waited so long to read this book and I have to admit that it was way better than I expected it to be.I can easily say that Jennifer is my favorite
Lucia
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Origin is a turning point in Lux series. This is not a childlish game anymore. Everything is more dangerous and more serious than ever before. Everyone had to pick sides and say goodbye to the content life they once had known. Full of action, Origin is the best part in series so far!

My Daemon:

My Katy:

My Daemon:

My Katy:

I loved dual POV. In this book, Daemon is in his best confident-self. He is snarky. He is determined. He will do ANYTHING to get his Kitten back. I absolutely loved how badass Daemon was in this instalment, he is definitely one of my all time favourite bookish heroes, if not the best!

I was shocked and speecheles once I found out what "origin" truly means. Action in this book blew my mind! Lux series is without a doubt the best YA paranormal series I have ever read, it is just so epic! I could not put it down, Origin was pure perfection.

And Katy's and Daemon's relationship? It matured, got stronger and I was swooning over them all the time. I loved everything about this book. The good, the bad, everything. Kudos to Jennifer L. Armentrout for creating this amazing story. I wish I had final instalment already!

***********************************************************
My pre-review after reading Opal:

I HAVE NEVER EVER WANTED ANY BOOK SO MUCH AS I WANT THIS ONE. WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO ORGANIZE SOME PETITION TO PERSUADE JLA TO RELEASE IT SOONER!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO DAEMON AND KATY!!! AND I NEED MY DAEMON FIX LIKE NOW...

MORE REVIEWS ON MY BLOG Reading Is My Breathing
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
"I will also confirm this: The last two books in the series that are currently untitled are in dual POVs (Daemon and Katy). There you go." - Jennifer L. Armentrout

AHHHHHH, YIPPIIIIIIiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!

i can't breath..

Wendy Higgins
OMGosh!!!!!!!
I am so in love with this series - this book in particular. I feel so many emotions for it right now. This story world just keeps getting better and better, and I keep loving Daemon and Katy more and more.
So amazingly awesome. Jen's writing is spectacular. So much yum.
Oh, and don't get me started on how cool it is to have a literary reference to my book in this novel!!!!! How freaking surreal is that??? EEEK!!!
I give this book off-the-charts stars. Can't wait to s
Kadbury
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
EDIT: The story finally progresses and there's something different happening. The last book seemed pointless but this does not. Can't wait for the end

" There are two more books after Opal and like I said on release day, those two books (yet untitled) will be in dual POVs-- Daemon and Katy. "
OFFICIALLY FROM JEN'S BLOG
LINK: http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.in...

DID I READ DUAL POV?

OFFICIALLY FROM JEN'S BLOG
LINK: http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.in...

DID I READ DUAL POV?

That means there are going to be scenes from Daemon's POV!

DAEMON'S POV

The Third book hasn't even come out yet but I'm dying to read this...
Katerina
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh fudgemonkeys,I feel like I just read a combination of X-Men,Star Wars and Richelle Mead's Bloodlines with a hint of dystopia (experiments on humans and all) and scorching romance!Yet Jennifer L. Armentrout created something unique and utterly hers.The woman is brilliant!Brilliant.

“I'd take out an army,burn down an entire city,and throw the world into chaos if I had to in order to keep Kat out of that place.”

And he did it.If you hurt Kat,you hurt Daemon,not because of their bond but due to his devasting,wonderful and all-consuming love for hbrilliant!.
Claudia B.
Aug 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: accio

First things first.

1. We have a cover and a synopsis (don't know how I feel about the cover, though)

2. "... which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?"

WHAT. THE. WHAT

I seriously hope that doesn't mean what I think I means, Mrs. Armentrout. I don't know if my heart can survive a cliffhanger just like Opal's.

END OF EDIT

UPDATE

You can't seriously expect me to live without even a synopsis after that cliffhanger.

Reaction when I saw this:

Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sabrina
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“There’s only one thing I want.”
“And that is?”
“I want to see Kat.”
“And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?”
“Anything,” I said without hesitation, and I meant it. “I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first, and I want to see her now.”

OKAY, OKAY, OKAY! Picking it up this series again after so much time was an INCREDIBLE DECISION that I am so happy that I made. ♥

(me the entire time reading this book).

This book was everything I was hoping for and more. The action, the writing, the flawed real awesome strong characters (who I love so
Christy
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I wanna make some alien babies with Daemon stars!!!

photo c9b25714-14f7-4292-aa58-425968237fd0_zpscfcafef6.jpg

After the crazy cliffhanger in Opal, we’ve all been (not so) patiently waiting to find out what happens with Daemon and Katy... one of my favorite fictional couples! I’ve been anxious to see how this one would turn out... if it would stack up to the rest of the series. It did! Amazing!

Daemon Black is on a mission to save the woman he loves and nothing and no one can stop him. He will do ANYTHING he has to do to be with Kat.

5 I wanna make some alien babies with Daemon stars!!!

photo c9b25714-14f7-4292-aa58-425968237fd0_zpscfcafef6.jpg

photo 545040f0-f19a-45f5-a5d4-dce1c365ba7b_zpsb779185c.jpg
“There's only one thing I want."
"And that is?"
"I want to see Kat."
Nancy's smile didn't fade. "And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?"

Daemon basically sacrifices himself, his freedom, just to be with Katy. Now, that is love. There is nothing else he could have done. No place else he would rather be than with her.

photo 9528511f-00e8-4f4c-944b-8fceb539694c_zpsdc5a7842.jpg

Even with being stuck with the DOD, Daemon and Katy are both able to keep their spunk, banter, and sense of humor...
“I've been waiting a long time to run tests on someone like you, " he said to Daemon, voice high-pitched.
Daemon arched a brow. "Another fanboy. I have them everywhere."
I muttered, "Only you would see that as a good thing."
He shot me a grin.

No offense, but I have no desire to be making any weird babies with you right now.
I choked on my laugh. You’d be blessed to have a child of mine. Admit it.
Her eyes rolled. Seriously, your ego knows no limit, no matter the situation.
Hey. I like to be consistent.
That you are, she said, voice dry in my thoughts.

“He hasn’t been to many places. He hasn’t even eaten at an Olive Garden so I doubt he’s a connoisseur of hotels.”
“No Olive Garden?”
She shook her head.
“Man, we’ve got to get that boy some endless breadsticks and salad. Travesty.”

Will Kat and Daemon find a way to escape? Will they be able to do it before they break? There is so much going on in this book. ACTION. SUSPENSE. SURPRISE. I don’t want to divulge too much of the story line. You really have to read it for yourself. It’s one of those books you want to be shocked while reading.

Daemon Black... I just love Daemon Black more than ever!!! No one else can have me swoon, get me hot and bothered, and have me laughing my ass off all at the same time like Daemon! And when ever he says the word Kitten... ah it just does things to me! He is just THE BEST in this book!

photo b0ca8a53-ad8e-4995-94f1-b3769aee04d3_zpsebd91c26.jpg

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

photo 54aec170-5b5f-474b-ae65-a3df4996c58b_zps34844227.jpg

I will give you some highlights...
★ There are a few deaths :(
★ Someone is knocked up
★ A wedding will take place
★ There is a BIG light show in Vegas
★ You won’t be able to trust everyone
★ Alien condoms
★ A new guy named Archer... I LOVE him!

Okay... that should help :D I love how unpredictable these books are! There were so many -I didn’t see that coming- moments! Once you start this one, cave out some serious reading time because you won’t want to put it down! JLA’s writing is amazing as always! Sometimes with longer series, books start to lose their steam as it goes along. That is not the case. This was just as wonderful as the first three books in the series!

photo f5bb9c4d-2e53-4184-b866-f5a238ae9ce5_zps6c677d20.jpg

There is a minor cliffhanger, for those who are wondering. To me, it wasn’t terrible... nothing compared to the Opal cliffy. I just wish we didn’t have to wait so long for the next book to be released! Summer of 2014 seems like it’s FOREVER away! But seriously, I adore these books! If you haven’t read this series, you are truly missing out!
Catarina
5 completely amazing stars!!

Okay. Let me breathe for a minute.
Or two.
Or twenty.

Damn.

description

This was SO.DAMN.GOOD!!

And I my nerves almost killed me, and I don’t know how it will possibly go from here, and I’m really afraid of what will happen with the next book because of its title and (view spoiler) and yeah… I’m rambling. Sorry. (I’m really not that sorry!)

description

Okay, this picks up right
Inna
Reviewed By Inna @ Inna's Little Bookshelves
So I basically had an aneurysm while waiting for this book to come out. With the cliffhanger in the last book I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. ( And also on Blake so I can strangle him.) This book just had so many reveals I think I still haven't been able to take all of the in.
** thinks about it*** nope still haven't
I think at this point it should be obvious I absolutely loved this book. It was really fast paced and there were some really shocking moments in
Maliha
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't think I can tolerate 50% of this book being a history lesson about the "Origin" of aliens. I need Daemon to find Katy, like, within the first ten pages. Then, I need him to kick Bart/Flake/Ben/Buford (Blake)'s ass for me. Katy so should've told him about Blake's dirty sleepover habits!! Please don't become half a psycho like Beth, Katy!!

Okay, we got everything we usually want by the third book:
-villain dead
-Katy+Daemon did..."something" we were dying for
-Dawson and Beth bac
No no no no, this just cannot end like that.
So many deaths and I'm hurting for all of them -even the ones I never thought I'd feel-.Beth's pregnancy is a wreck train. I so can't forgive Matthew for doing that shit no matter what. Damn book! Jennifer, you can't do this to us!
Sandra
Rounding down to 3.5 stars because of the end.

This is me at the end of Origin...

tumblr lxd4gy8 LTK1r7swe6o1 400

That was such a stupid way to end the book.
For some of the readers it was a 'cliffhanger', but in my opinion it was (like i said) stupid and therefore i didn't like it.
So i was like...

whatever

315f2280 11be 41d7 85f1 b37bb5279a6a zps419c053e

And I’m not going to let you do this by yourself You’re my – everything, Kat

Origin starts off with a very pissed, sad, and heartbroken Da
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elena
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
❝Her stare burned me from the inside. I wanted to worship her. I needed to. Every inch.❞

I can finally and officially say that Katy and Daemon are one of my favorite couples! Even when Daemon was a douche and jerk to her in the beginning, he was actually like that for a reason and there were always reasons behind it. Even when he felt something for her and liked her in some way just didn't want to admit it or express it, it was sticking with him the whole time, he just had trouble showing it. Jennife
Ramona
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Before I start my review I just want to say that this is my favorite book from the series. After the incredible and heartbreaking cliffhanger we got in Opal, I was dying to get my hands on this one, because I was sure a lot of things will change in this story. And guess what? I was right..

So, we continue our adventure from exactly the point where Opal shattered out hearts. Katy was abducted my the Daedalus and nobody could do anything to save her. She was on her own now. At least their plan worked, they c
Daiane
I feel like in a really near future we will be out of characters...
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Where do I start?! I have so many emotions swirling around inside me right now and I am afraid I won't find the right words to express them. But, I'll start with this...THIS BOOK WAS UNBELIEVABLY FANTASTIC!!! I think Katy and Daemon have become my favorite book couple ever. And, this book is told in both Katy and Daemon's POV. I am not always a fan of the dual POV but it really worked well this time. Sharing Daemon's thoughts and emotions added so much for me. The book starts right up where Opal ...more
Sophia Triad
I'll burn the world down to save her.

EPIC! Truly impressive.

From where can I start telling you about this book?

First of all if you compare the first book of the series Obsidian with Origin, you will notice that the story has evolved exponentially:

1.The high school children are not children any more. They are young adults now. They hold their future in their hands, they take painful decisions, they proceed in life-changing actions.

2. The action will move from the little town and th
Jeff
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
I’m done.
Finished.

This whole series was just...*screams*

See, the author starts off this whole series with a hot, drop-dead sexy dude, so obviously I was into it. ;)

BUT NOW?

To all you readers, don’t worry, Daemon didn’t lose his hotness.
BUT THE PLOT WAS A COMPLETE UTTER FAIL.

JLA’s amazing, mind me, but in this series, she just kept on adding more and more problems to the story, but never actually solved any of them.
Angela
Sep 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
Not really feeling the cover...
Christine Riccio
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR. Here's my booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37FNG...
Jurate
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So , because I like express my felings through gifs , I will do exactly that!

The most memorable moments :

MAW 206 Gifs bam01 050920130925
6.What Kat and Deamon did in Vegas

7. And Beth with Dawson
8. Oh and finally Matthew

And there was so many great moments just that I would add and add gif after gif...
7monday 1

I won't say anything else 'cause it would be to much!
Just READ IT! READ IT!

AND Jennifer L. Armentrout
tumblr mnv8k5t Axm1s4xdz1o1 400 zps0429390a

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
And the O's continue!

Obsidian
Onyx
Opal
and now Origin!

I'm really surprised that it took me so long to notice this...

EDIT (AFTER READING OPAL):
*shakes fist angrily*
DARN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

EDITING AGAIN:
I don't like this cover...
1. it looks so different from the other covers.
2. It's one of those covers that make me embarrassed to buy the book...
DW
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lux
Oh good Lord.. That was frigging fantastic!!

I can't believe the crazy shit that just went down!!!
YA Buddy Readers'...: Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting November 14th 2019 151 323 Nov 08, 2019 12:00PM
Addicted to YA: Origin 1 45 Jun 01, 2019 06:14PM
Addicted to YA: Discussion Leader Sign Up: Origin 1 61 May 01, 2019 09:09AM
OMG!! have you heard about next book? 1 9 Sep 06, 2018 09:09PM
Nothing But Readi...: Armentrout, Jennifer L, Origin (Lux #4, Informal Buddy Read, Starts 15 July 2018 44 158 Jul 31, 2018 02:39PM
Favorite character? 33 165 Mar 02, 2018 04:02PM
#JLAJuly: Origin (#4) 1 4 Jul 02, 2016 10:46AM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Vir

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Opposition (Lux, #5)
“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.” 690 likes
“I want a years-worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up.” 562 likes