The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > new releases & anticipated sequels

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 10 comments Lori..I'm not sure where I should put this..so feel free to move it..

What books are coming out soon/have just come out that you are totally psyched about? Or what book are you waiting for from a series that is coming out soon?

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane just came out recently and I'm excited to read it!

message 2: by Candace (new)

Candace (candacerenee) Hi Bree :) I think this is a great idea for a discussion! I've got a few books that I'm waiting on for release... An Echo in the Bone (Diana Gabaldon's 7th Outlander book), The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown), Ford County (John Grisham), The Last Song (Nicholas Sparks)... just to name a few! (of course I'm still anxiously awaiting the release of Stephenie Meyer's Midnight Sun and The Twilight Saga: Official Guide).

message 3: by Serena (new)

Serena Bree wrote: "Lori..I'm not sure where I should put this..so feel free to move it..

What books are coming out soon/have just come out that you are totally psyched about? Or what book are you waiting for from ..."

Bree, I just received a notice from Barnes & Noble and I'm with you. I can't wait to read The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane!

message 4: by Alisha Marie (new)

Alisha Marie (endlesswonderofreading) | 715 comments Ha, I just got the same B&N notice and can't wait to pick it up, either!

message 5: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) I've never heard of The Physicks Book of Deliverance Dance :/ Probably something that I've been missing. I'm going to search for it here on GR after this post heh.

I for one cannot wait for Dan Brown's next installment, The Lost Symbol :D

message 6: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments I am waiting for more than a year now but in september The brave by Nicholas evans comes out!!!!!

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel (melcdn) | 90 comments The next Stephanie Plum and the third and final Dean Koontz Frankenstein book both come out this summer. But I am most impatiently waiting the third Stieg Larsson (The Girl Who...) which doesn't come out until the fall.

Mel

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda (goldenoldie) | 8 comments I'm waiting for Pat Conroy's new novel, South of Broad, that's suppose to be out in August. It's been a long, long time since Beach Music.

message 9: by Dorie (last edited Jun 09, 2009 04:37PM) (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments New books in series I'm looking forward to:

The Girl Who Played With Fire (not available here in the states until the end of July)

Disconnected, the first new book in 3 years in the Monkeewrench series by P.J. Tracy.

Dexter By Design (yay Dexter!) in September. I'll have caught up on Season 3 of the TV series by then.

I'm also looking forward to these debuts:

Something Missing A Novel, about an obsessive-compulsive thief who specializes in stealing things that no one notices have gone missing.

Huge A Novel, about a 12-year old wannabe detective whose hero is Philip Marlowe.

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (mamallama) | 130 comments I have been not-so-patiently waiting for An Echo in the Bone. I am so psyched. I would also like to read the new Dan Brown book The Lost Symbol and the new Nicholas Evans book, "The Brave." I am sure there are a few more that I haven't thought of, yet.

message 11: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Teague (ateague) | 409 comments Hee! I'm waiting for Crued and Tattooed by Vince Neil. It's about Motley Crue. Go figure.

message 12: by Tanya (new)

Tanya D (mtlbookworm) | 188 comments An Echo in the Bone tops my list, as a few people have already mentioned.

Also, Cherry Bomb, by J.A. Konrath, which is the 6th (and possibly last) book in the Jack Daniels mysteries series.

message 13: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 864 comments I'm waiting for Ghost In The Machine by Patrick Carman and I know that it's already out but I'd like to read 8th Confession by James Patterson.

message 14: by Christi (new)

Christi | 35 comments Mel wrote: "The next Stephanie Plum and the third and final Dean Koontz Frankenstein book both come out this summer. But I am most impatiently waiting the third Stieg Larsson (The Girl Who...) which doesn't c..."

I'm excited about all those too. The Girl Who Played with Fire is already released overseas. I wish they would just release The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest also. He wrote all of them before he died so its not like they are waiting for it to be written. I am also excited for John Irving's newest that is coming out in October Last Night in Twisted River A Novel

message 15: by O2 (new)

O2 I'm waiting for the second and third books in the Sea of Poppies trilogy.

message 16: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kgansor) | 310 comments The Angel's Gameby Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Meridianby Amber Kizer
Sweeping Up Glassby Carolyn Wall
Tomato Rhapsodyby Adam Schell
The Girl Who Played with Fireby Stieg Larsson
Eyes Like Starsby Lisa Mantchev
Fairy Taleby Cyn Balog
White is for Witchingby Helen Oyeyemi ** this one is my def must have on my list of books coming soon.

message 17: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 714 comments I'm dying for South of Broad too! It's been way too long!

message 18: by Debra (new)

Debra Killer Summer--Ridley Pearson
Nevermore--Dean Koontz
The Lost Symbol--Dan Brown
The Gates--John Connolly
9 Dragons--Michael Connelly
Under the Dome--Stephen King
The Widow's Revenge--James D. Doss
Doomsday Key--James Rollins
The Paris Vendetta--Steve Berry

Whew, and i still have near 300 other books unread yet.

message 19: by Felina (new)

Felina Does anybody know if J.K. Rowling is writing anything else or if she is quitting after her millions? HP is my favorite set of books. I'd love to see what else she comes up with.

message 20: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments I just opened my B7N email about Physick of Deliverance Dane. I have a gift certifcate!!1 so excited. Swore I wouldn't buy anymore books until I honed down my exisitng piles. Don't think I will make it through the day!!!

message 21: by Diane (last edited Jun 10, 2009 04:49PM) (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Debra wrote: "Killer Summer--Ridley Pearson
Nevermore--Dean Koontz
The Lost Symbol--Dan Brown
The Gates--John Connolly
9 Dragons--Michael Connelly
Under the Dome--Stephen King
The Widow's Revenge--James D...."

Hi Debra-
We just got a new release yesterday by Michael Connelly called The Scarecrow.
He has another coming out called 9 Dragons? Or I wonder if there are 2 Michael Connellys? I shall investigate!

message 23: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments The Brave - Nicholas Evans.

message 24: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenma) | 142 comments Dorie wrote: "New books in series I'm looking forward to:

The Girl Who Played With Fire (not available here in the states until the end of July)

Disconnected, the first new book in 3 years in the Monkeewre..."

Dorie: I can't wait for the new P.J. Tracey book too. It has been so long since they have released a book.

message 25: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments Kristen, I know it's seems like forever ago. I can't wait to see what the gang is up to.

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate | 119 comments I'm looking forward to the new Kathy Reichs novel, 206 Bones and the new Dan Brown novel, i'm happy that its another Robert Langdon.

message 27: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 864 comments Kristen wrote: "Dorie wrote: "New books in series I'm looking forward to:

Disconnected, the first new book in 3 years in the..."

I really want to read the rest of that series. I loved Monkeewrench.

message 28: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments Oh, Grace you should! I actually liked the second book in the series better than I had Monkeewrench.

message 29: by Sue (new)

Sue Rankin | 1 comments Hi, I heard about Goodreads on twitter.. I'm new here and have been looking around. So excited about all the recommendations.
I have recently been seeing tweets about a new book just out on amazon called

I just want my daughter back - coming to terms with Bipolar 1.

I really just wanted to know if anyone has read it yet? I'm seeing it on other forums and chat rooms.
Thanks
Sue

message 30: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Stephen King has a new book Under the Dome coming out this year. It is going to be his longest so far, and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

message 31: by Helen (new)

Helen (hlm91) I'm waiting for Jasper Fforde's next book Shades of Grey. Unfortunately, it's not released here in the UK until January of 2010!

message 32: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments I'm excited for The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (he wrote The Shadow of the Wind). It comes out in a few days and I'm so excited to get it.

I'm also looking forward to Jeannette Walls' new book Half Broke Horses A True Life Novel (she also wrote The Glass Castle A Memoir) which is coming out in the fall.

message 33: by Kate (new)

Kate Quinn I want Bernard Cornwell's next installment in the Saxon Series. Hopefully it's coming out in a few months . . .

message 34: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments The next Spellman Book by Lisa Lutz. I know, she has a new book out, Revenge of the Spellmans. I closed the cover after reading and was ready for the next. A great series !! What a clever writer. Also looking forward to the sequel to The Lion's Game by Nelson Demille

message 35: by Manday (new)

Manday | 212 comments I just read the Hunger Games and am glad to hear the sequel is set to come out in September. The first one ended in a really awkward spot!

message 36: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments I'm just starting 'The Scarecrow' Diane, and I think I missed a Kathy Reichs. I'll have to catch up before her next one.
Manday, what was 'Hunger Games' about?

message 37: by Megha (new)

Megha (hearthewindsing) Manday wrote: "I just read the Hunger Games and am glad to hear the sequel is set to come out in September. The first one ended in a really awkward spot! "

Talking of sequels...I am waiting for the sequel of 'Sea of Poppies' to come out. It is the first book in the projected 'Ibis Trilogy'. The book was pretty engrossing, but the author ended it very abruptly...which leaves the readers craving for the next volume.

message 38: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Megha wrote: "Talking of sequels...I am waiting for the sequel of 'Sea of Poppies' to come out. It is the first book in the projected 'Ibis Trilogy'. The book was pretty engrossing, but the author ended it very abruptly..."

I agree. Very abruptedly indeed. I hear that the other books have not yet even been written so we may be waiting for quite some time.

message 39: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 864 comments Kandice wrote: "Stephen King has a new book Under the Dome coming out this year. It is going to be his longest so far, and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!"

Longest? Longer than The Stand?! Wow. I can't even imagine that.

message 40: by Megha (new)

Megha (hearthewindsing) Petra X wrote: "Megha wrote: "Talking of sequels...I am waiting for the sequel of 'Sea of Poppies' to come out. It is the first book in the projected 'Ibis Trilogy'. The book was pretty engrossing, but the author ..."

yes, that's right. Its going to take quite some time I guess. The abrupt ending was all the more disappointing because I was completely immersed in the book and suddenly had to stop.

message 41: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 41 comments This is a great topic, and already I've found some books that look interesting that I didn't know about. I'm looking most forward to 2 books (fortunately both come out on Tuesday):

[Book: Let the Great World Spin]
[Book: Master of War: Blackwater USA's Erik Prince and the Business of War]