YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > October BOTM Suggestions - Dystopian

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 31, 2013 11:10AM) (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
The theme for October's BOTM is Dystopian, so suggest Dystopian books below :D
Suggestions end September 15th :D

I'm gonna suggest The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass by Kiera Cass

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (demonpoxologist20) sounds cool i've wanted to read it just gonna have to get my hands on a copy somehow

message 3: by Sarah (new)

It's really good :)

message 4: by ☆Joycedale☆, Angel With A Shotgun (new)

☆Joycedale☆ | 1543 comments Mod
Unwind

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (demonpoxologist20) oh cool my teacher told us about that last year

Natalie (Never trust a duck) under the never sky

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily (demonpoxologist20) I read under the never sky over the summer, it was a good story but one of those books you have to be committed to actually finish.

message 8: by Tara (last edited Sep 12, 2013 07:40PM) (new)

Tara | 221 comments Black City
Don't know if you were looking for strictly dystopia or if a little paranormal element was OK.

message 9: by Ilona (new)

Ilona (ilonadaniella) | 5 comments I would also like to suggest Under the never sky, it's one of those books that have been on my shelve forever and i would really like to read it, but i just never had the chance.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

SUGGESTIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!!!!

Thank you everyone :D

message 11: by Sarah (new)

October's BOTM is THE SELECTION BY KIERA CASS!!!!!!!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

That's great and did you see the cover for the third one. It's absolutely beautiful :D

message 13: by Mama X (new)

Mama X (mamax) So I have a question. I see that all 3 Mercy Falls books, all 3 Unearthly books, and The Selection are on the to-read list for October. Does that mean that we have 7 books for this month? That seems to be a lot. I just joined so I don't know if it's the norm.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Carrie wrote: "So I have a question. I see that all 3 Mercy Falls books, all 3 Unearthly books, and The Selection are on the to-read list for October. Does that mean that we have 7 books for this month? That seem..."

Nope you don't have to read all the books Carrie, you're only supposed to pick one of the series. There are 2 series chosen for each month so you can pick which one you prefer to read if you didn't like the other one. But if you're not truely interested in either than you don't have to read them. The main book to read is the Book of the Month though but I'm not saying you have to read that either. I hope this answers your question if not just tell me :)

message 15: by Colleen's Conclusions (last edited Oct 18, 2013 01:21PM) (new)

Colleen's Conclusions (colleensconclusions) | 2 comments I am actually halfway through reading The Selection right now! I'm somewhere in the 200's. It is my second time reading it though. I also have read all three of the Uneathly books already.