All About Books discussion

Reads & Challenges Archive > Amber's 2013 Books I've Read Best of list

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amber (last edited Aug 27, 2013 07:55PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I thought it was cool that you guys had a list like this so I thought I'd post some of the books that I have recently read this year so far. These are ones that I have borrowed from the Library, the online library catalog, and ones I bought or were given to me as gifts. When I get books from the library I read 2-3 books out of the few books I check out. These are some of the ones that are pretty good reads that I read this year.
1. Books of Blood, Vols. 1-3
2.'Salem's Lot: Illustrated Edition
3.The Blackstone Chronicles
4.Electric Angel
5. Kingdom of Heroes
6. Inferno
7. Dark Passage
8.Pet Sematary
9. Joyland
10. The Ocean at the End of the Lane
11. The Fault in Our Stars
12. The Vampire's Daughter
13. Clementine and the Spring Trip
14. Seven Keys of the Apocalypse
15. Steelheart
16. The Collector
17. The Hellbound Heart
18. Flipped
19. The Night of the Comet
20. I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had: My Year as a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High
21. Homeplace
22. The Road
23. Nightmare
24. The Chalk Girl
25. Winter House
26. Something to Remember You By: A Perilous Romance
27. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
28. Family Patterns
29. Handling the Undead
30. Hawkes Harbor
31. The Prince of Mist
32. Timepiece
33. The Way of the Warrior
34. The Morning Show Murders
35. No Return-I'll this .

There are some I'd like to read that are coming out soon.
1.Styxx
2.Doctor Sleep
3.Illusion-Comes out next year
4.Defiance-I'm getting it for my birthday in September.
5. Kingdom Keepers 7
6. Under the Dome-I'd like to read this one since the CBS show already veered away from the book and it is going to be a series.
I finished # 35 today.
If I can think of anymore, I will add on but the 35 I listed above, I have read this year. Happy reading! ^_^

message 2: by Amber (last edited Aug 27, 2013 12:25PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Oh yeah I forgot one that I read this year. Restless Heartso that would be # 36 on the above list and The Blood Magic Saga Web novel series which is byMonica S. Kueblerwho is the Editor of Rue Morgue magazine as #37. She has a website where you can read her book series at which has the first two books up at http://www.blood-magic.net . It is a pretty good vampire series. Feel free to check the books on my list out because I enjoyed reading them.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I want to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal too. I placed City of Boneson my to read list but will probably read it towards the end of the year.

message 4: by Pink (new)

Pink The only books I've read from your list are The fault in our Stars - which I loved and The Perks of being a wallflower - which I didn't, but I think I'm in the minority with that opinion. Good luck with adding more books to your list :)

message 5: by Amber (last edited Aug 27, 2013 12:23PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I will and Thanks Pink. I try to read a few Stephen King books a year and got one book series ending next year called Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson but I still got my Sherrilyn Kenyon series and everything. I'm still behind on the Stephanie Plum series too. ^_^ It can always carry on to next year though. LOL.

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I think I have read more fiction than nonfiction. ^_^

message 9: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11714 comments Mod
An interesting list, although I think I have only read The Fault in Our Stars from this list. haha.

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Definitely check them out. They are all pretty good, Alannah and The blood magic saga, you can read the first two books of the series online at http://www.blood-magic.net . It's pretty good.

message 11: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Clarke (alannahclarke) | 11714 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "Definitely check them out. They are all pretty good, Alannah and The blood magic saga, you can read the first two books of the series online at http://www.blood-magic.net . It's pretty good."

Cool, I will definitely check them out.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Great and thanks for the goodreads friend request Alannah. I accepted. ^_^ Happy reading!

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Btw, I hope to do a read-along with one of the books I want to read next after The Light between the Oceans. I don't know which one though. If anyone wants to do one with me, please let me know. thanks. To be Continued on the list but will finish No Returntonight as I am almost done.

message 14: by Amber (last edited Aug 27, 2013 01:46PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I do however am trying to read one book from the Stephanie Plum series a year so I can eventually finish the series. So far I have read the first 10 books of the series of 20. I will now read Eleven on Topnext year.

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Finished No Returnand it was a pretty good read. I am getting The Light Between Oceansand The Perks of Being a Wallflowernext when I go to the library Sunday.

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Devouring is a pretty good book series too. :-)

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I also read Louise the Big Cheese and the Back-to-School Smarty-Pants which was a pretty cute read. The art was good too. Read it today.

message 18: by Amber (last edited Sep 05, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to add The Light Between Oceans to my list since I am 150 pages away from finishing so I hope to finish this book today. I got the new dark hunter novel styxx by sherrilyn kenyon coming in at the library so I'll be reading that one next. The light between oceans is a pretty good read. :-)

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Last Unicorn was pretty good too.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments I've only read the fault in our stars..which I loved! What did u think? I loved perks...a def must read!

message 21: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Hey melissa! I liked the fault in our stars. It was a pretty good and sad read. :-) I've seen the movie of perks of being a wallflower which was good just got to read the book now. I'll get to it eventually. :-)

message 22: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to go ahead and add this one to my list since it is a pretty good read and will finish it tonight or tomorrow Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon . Its the next installment of the darkhunter novel but a very long book, 836 pages. Dang! Lol. :-)

message 23: by Amber (last edited Sep 11, 2013 10:22PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls was a pretty good read. :-)

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Christmas Letters by Debbie Macomber. I finished this one today and it was a pretty good read for my first Debbie Macomber novel.

message 25: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to place this one to add to my list as it is a pretty good read thus far and this is one I'll finish, The Mark of Zorro. I'm reading this one on my tablet.

message 26: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to add this one down as it is a pretty good read as well so far and I will finish this one too. The End of Your Life Book Club.

message 27: by Amber (last edited Sep 23, 2013 04:09PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Boundwas a good read but I gave it 4 stars on my review of it I wrote of it because the author created an independent character that had to submit herself to a love interest to end the story instead of being by herself as an independent woman.

message 28: by Amber (last edited Sep 25, 2013 08:38AM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Book Club by Mary Alice Monroe. is a pretty good read.

message 29: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'll add this one because I will finish it soon. Defianceby C.J. Redwine. It is a pretty good book.

message 30: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart

message 31: by Amber (last edited Oct 11, 2013 08:24PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to put this one down too and I'm almost done with this one too. It's a pretty good read. Ghosts and Haunts of Tennessee by Christopher K. Coleman

message 32: by Amber (last edited Oct 11, 2013 08:24PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving it was a pretty good read and the disney cartoon about ichabod crane does the book justice in my opinion.

message 33: by Amber (last edited Oct 12, 2013 02:14PM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) The Enchanted Castle by Edith nesbitt -i'm almost done with this one and it is a pretty good read.

message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'll be done with this one soon. It is a pretty good read. The Extra-Ordinary Princess by Carolyn Q. Ebbitt

message 35: by Amber (last edited Nov 02, 2013 11:17AM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm definitely reccomending this collection to others. A pretty good read. The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Talesby edgar allan poe

message 36: by LauraT (last edited Nov 07, 2013 12:29AM) (new)

LauraT (laurata) | 13209 comments Mod
Amber wrote: "I'm definitely reccomending this collection to others. A pretty good read. The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales"

I generally don't like short stories much, but I loved these!

message 37: by Katy (new)

Katy | 422 comments Amber: How was World War Z? My brother is listening to it on audio book right now and loves it.

message 38: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Hey Katy! World War Z was pretty good. It was much different than the movie version though both were good. It was done as interviews with the different people who had seen the zombie apocalypse happened Definitely give it a read. and LauraT, I am enjoying the Fall of the House of Usher and other tales. For my first ever Poe collection, it is pretty good. Full review to come when I finish with the readalong.

message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to add this one as I am currently reading this one too but am enjoying it and hope to finish it soon: Deceptionby C.J. Redwine which is the second book of the Defiance series.

message 40: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Adding this one too because it is a pretty good read: Through the Zombie Glass by gena showalter

message 41: by Amber (last edited Nov 27, 2013 07:42AM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I read and enjoyed this one Little Women

message 42: by Amber (last edited Nov 27, 2013 07:41AM) (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm also enjoying this one The Child Thiefby Brom

message 43: by Amber (last edited Nov 27, 2013 07:41AM) (new)

message 44: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Anthemebook 52 pages

message 46: by Bionic Jean (new)

Bionic Jean (bionicjean) Wow you've read a lot this year, Amber! And so many that I've never heard of as well. I haven't read any of your initial 35!! I know you've recommended a couple to me recently, and we've both enjoyed the classics like Edgar Allan Poe and Washington Irving. Do you think you'll read any more of O.Henry?

You might like to check outM R James He's like an English version of Poe, but much more about suggestion of horror. He wrote short stories likeLost Hearts

Oh and by the way "The Last Unicorn" has always been on my favourites shelf!! I know you mean the graphic novel, but the original ofThe Last Unicorn is just a magical book.

message 47: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Awesome and thanks Jean! I'm not sure if I will. :) and I'll think about it. I hope to read a few more before December ends and then 2014 I'll start planning my reads for that. I recommended the child thief to you which is a dark version of Peter Pan so I hope you'll check it out. Def check my books I've read out if any interest you.

message 48: by Bionic Jean (new)

Bionic Jean (bionicjean) Thanks for the recommend I've added "The Child Thief" :)

message 49: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) No problem Jean. I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 50: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I'm going to add this one as I am almost finished with it. Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murderby Chris Cavender

« previous 1