Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Cover Artwork: Maximum Image Size?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Honeythief (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:33AM) (new)

Honeythief | 3 comments Hi there. :)

I've been scanning and uploading cover artwork for editions of books I own, where the images aren't currently available, but I've noticed that although the small and medium sized thumbnail images are present and correct, the large image on the "Photo" page is missing, presumably because the dimensions of the images I've uploaded exceeded the maximum.

Example: Thumbnail present on book page
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

Large image absent on "Photo" page
http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/1...

Is there a maximum image size? And if so, what is it?

Thanks in advance. :)

ht

(I don't think this question has been asked/answered elsewhere, but my apologies if I'm going over old ground. :))

message 2: by Honeythief (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Honeythief | 3 comments [small voice:] Bueller? Anyone?

message 3: by Otis, Chief Architect (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Hi Honeythief,

Sorry, this one slipped through the cracks :)

There is no maximum image size. The issue here is that the bigger image covers are linked straight to Amazon, and if they don't have the image, then it doesn't show up. This is kind of a hack, and we've been silently hoping nobody discovers it so we don't have to fix it :) Just kidding, but we are a bit slammed right now, so this will take a backburner for now.

Otis

message 4: by Honeythief (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:39AM) (new)

Honeythief | 3 comments Oops! Apologies for mentioning the unmentionable, Otis. *kicks self*

As I can be a bit of a doofus, I'd naturally assumed that the large images weren't being displayed because of something I'd done, for instance, scanning the covers at too high a resolution.

But now I know I'm not wreaking untold havoc on your excellent site, I'll resume uploading cover art for some of the more obscure/unpopular/out-of-print books I own, as and when I can. :)