Terminalcoffee discussion

Fodder for the Corner Joint>> mark + Phil's luvsac = <3

Comments Showing 1-50 of 309 (309 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments This used to be a great group, but now I look at it as fodder for a tangent private group, the Corner Joint. We post here, and the select few in this private group feed off our posts. Creepy.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) What a very odd way to look at things.

message 3: by Scout (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:58AM) (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments Yet you're a member of this private group composed of Terminal Coffee members. I feel that when I post on TC, someone on the Corner Joint is discussing it, and I have no way of knowing what they're saying. So I'm no longer going to post on TC.

message 4: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Huh? You really think a private group was formed just to talk about you? I promise. Nothing you say merits discussion elsewhere.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments many people here on TC are members of other groups. i myself am in a group called What Scout Said Today. just kidding. there are several private groups that my friends on TC started and never invited me. so? i don't give a rats butt what they talk about. i am a member of the corner joint and we have made it a unwritten rule to NOT discuss anything specifically from TC so that it is NOT what you think it is. sorry you feel that way scout but it is your decision. you say you are not going to post here but if you read threads without posting THAT is creepy.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Oh, Scout.

::sigh::

You could not be more wrong if you tried. And I thought I could have a tendency to feed into my own paranoia.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments (can't wait to discuss this in my super top secret double probation solo member group: That's What She Said)

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::takes notes, wrinkles up paper and throws away::

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I read the Sports thread and never comment all the time. Does that make me creepy?

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments no, but in my opinion if you lurk only and never post anywhere that is more creepy than not

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments You bet your sweet pants it is.

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments did you mean to say shooty pants?

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Ahhahahaha!

Maybe.

message 14: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6013 comments Kevin wrote: "(can't wait to discuss this in my super top secret double probation solo member group: That's What She Said)"

One more false move and she's outta here like shit through a goose.

message 15: by Barb (new)

Barb *blinks*

Scout, I'd like to point out that membership at The Corner Joint only consists of about 60% TC members ... and 100% of our conversations do not involve you.

message 16: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I went and checked and that second percentage is 100% correct.

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments And that is 60% of the active TC members as everyone knows, lurkers are not welcome.

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments 100% of That's What She Said group also.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's what she said.

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ^ Honorary member.

::whispers as typing::

twss

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ^
^ tool

message 22: by Pat (new)

Pat (patb37) (lurking)

message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::puts tool in sack for later use in Thunderdome Apocalypse:

message 24: by Barb (new)

Barb *snorts*

message 25: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7065 comments Oh, for the love of Pete.

Damnit Kevin, where is my invitation to join TWSS?

message 26: by Barb (new)

Barb Cynthia wrote: "Oh, for the love of Pete.

Damnit Kevin, where is my invitation to join TWSS?"

He probably can't invite you because then you'd see all the nasty, terrible and foul things he said about you.

message 27: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7065 comments NO!!

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments In my solo TWSS group we only compliment ea other on clever and funny comments. Oh, and also set ourselves up for TWSS jokes.

"That looks too big to be a carry- on"

"TWSS"

LOLOL

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments ::lurks::

message 30: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) The Corner Joint is an entirely separate group that just happens to include some members of Terminal Coffee. It also has many members who have nothing to do with Terminal Coffee. It is not, as Scout described, tangential to TC, nor does it "feed off of" posts in TC. It's a collection of friends who wanted a more intimate setting in which to have discussions about our lives and interests. The conversations are all pretty innocuous, but it's a place where people can feel comfortable using real names or details about their lives, for example, when they wouldn't do that in TC because of the 1,500+ members and public nature of the posts.

message 31: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Is this the big finale to the - How do you feel about Private Groups/Private Profiles threads? I don't understand the interest in other peoples' doings.

message 32: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments I've reconsidered my decision not to post. I've always enjoyed this group because I could say what I thought, even though I was in the minority. It felt to me like an open forum, and I admired that. I'm disappointed that some people from this group have formed a private group. That's elitist, and the last thing I would have expected from the people I've come to know here.

message 33: by Gail (new)

Gail | 1523 comments I confess to lurking in here without posting.

I know, I know. I am creepy.

I like the restrictions of private group sometimes. It just gives me a feeling of ease. I can relax more because I know we are all friends. I had been having a bit of trouble with a couple of guys in TC. I needed some space from that.

I am also friends will people in TC including Scout, who aren't in any other groups I am in.

message 34: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah | 369 comments Scout wrote: "I've reconsidered my decision not to post. I've always enjoyed this group because I could say what I thought, even though I was in the minority. It felt to me like an open forum, and I admired that..."

I think that the mods had to have a poll and let the members decide whether to keep TC public or private. Because now I'm still not sure whether TC is private or public.

message 35: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments TC is public. You can always tell if a group is public or private by looking at the group info. TC has always been public, except for a short while when we were private to keep trolls and sockpuppets out. It made sense to go back to public once the troll backed down.

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Scout - there are 1000's of groups on GR and I'm in 3. One that is rarely used by anyone a d two that are. Lots of my friends here are in another popular group that I haven't been invited to. Guess what? That's ok. I'm not hurt, offended or pissed. I only can concentrate on so much anyway so I'm good with it. If they're talking about me on there that's ok too. I wear big boy pants.

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Big boy shooty pants.

message 38: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah | 369 comments Kevin wrote: "Scout - there are 1000's of groups on GR and I'm in 3. One that is rarely used by anyone a d two that are. Lots of my friends here are in another popular group that I haven't been invited to. Guess..."

Ha! People talking about others on other threads. Reminds me of Survivor.

message 39: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Shooty?

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Shooty.

message 41: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7065 comments Aww, shoot. Bossypants.

message 42: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Could someone at TCJ please talk about me? :)

message 43: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments You'd know it if they did, since you're a member. That's my point.

TCJ reminds me of high school cliques and their intimidation of outsiders (see Kevin's big pants comment, and ask him if he's a member of TCJ). It also smacks of the local country club. Sad.

message 44: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) No, Scout. What's sad is your obsessive paranoia over this.

Oh, wait. I'm a member of TCJ, too. Oh noes! I'm part of the conspiracy!

Get. Over. It.

message 45: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments More intimidation.

message 46: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer)

message 47: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments More intimidation. I must have hit a nerve.

message 48: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Oh, Scout. You hit my last nerve a long time ago.

message 49: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Why the f would anyone here want to intimidate you? This makes no sense to me.

message 50: by Scout (last edited Jun 18, 2013 09:03PM) (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3370 comments OK with me, Misha. Nice try with the distraction ploy. How about addressing the subject in #44?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7