Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Rebecca (rebeccas_books) | 340 comments Mod
Read a great Thriller lately? Or one that didn't thrill you at all? Post your reviews here.

message 2: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 661 comments Mod
In Too Deep is a new debut, just released. It was great!
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 3: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Dunnoe Miss peregrines home for peculiar children is very interesting I am currently reading it and find it astonishing plus its a first novel!

message 4: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Every Breath You Take

OH MY GOD DANGER! Fast paced and gritty.

message 5: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

A Taste for Blood
A new crime/thriller coming out soon, pretty good and with plenty of unexpected twists.

My review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 6: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Stalking Sapphire

And is this book Thrilling? Certainly! It builds so so well.

My Review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul | 21 comments The Art Forger
by Barbara Shapiro -- 3 Stars

The Art Forger is an intellectual thriller – no gun play, no chases, in fact, no violence. Instead, protagonist Claire Roth, in the game for the highest possible stakes, must navigate the constantly-shifting boundaries among authentic paintings, copies and forgeries – more nuanced and complex than you might think. Along the way, we are treated to insights into not only art forgery, but also art history, art business, art museums, art collectors and, not least, struggling artists. All of which makes for a slow start. The book is interesting and fun to read, but falls short of gripping until the last seventy-five pages.
Shapiro used first person narrative effectively, not something every writer manages, but I don’t understand why she chose to write in the historical present. She handled the tense well enough, but I don’t see what effect she intended that justifies the occasional irritation it causes.

message 10: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - 5 stars

'She was gone, and yet she was more present than anyone else. I'd fallen in love with Amy because I was the ultimate Nick with her. Loving her made me superhuman, it made me feel alive.'

message 11: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

4/5 stars to Infatuated by Elle Jordan

'The air in the room became thick and hot. It made me dizzy and breathless. I didn't fall for quick and easy words like a gullible teen, but man I was falling for his.'

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Sam H (new)

Sam H  Arnold (samharnold) Betrayed by Jacqui Rose
Betrayed - Jacqui Rose

4 stars

message 15: by Rebecca (last edited Mar 12, 2014 05:45PM) (new)

Rebecca Heap (beccaboo75) | 8 comments 5 stars Never Coming Home AND IT'S FREE! (NOT SURE FOR HOW LONG)
Not read a good romantic thriller/suspense for a long time. This book ticks all the boxes. Strong, believable characters, fast moving plot, sexy and mysterious hero and well written narrative. I didn't think there were any really unpredictable twists and I did find the way the characters and backgrounds all linked together a tad too unbelievable. However, this just didn't matter. The strength of the book lies in the dialogue and the hold it begins to exert over your heart and soul. The main characters and their emotions and feelings were portrayed very well. Loved the way the hero/heroine grew and developed and learned to acknowledge their love for each other. Was addicted to this book from the start and just couldn't put it down. If you want an entertaining, exciting, riveting and sizzling read, you won't be disappointed.

message 19: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (last edited Aug 24, 2014 12:55PM) (new)

message 20: by Leon (new)

Leon Opio | 6 comments I'm looking for reviews.
The bible states
"Forgive us the wrongs that we have done, as we forgive the wrongs others have done to us"
"Vengeance is Mine"
https://www.facebook.com/VengeanceB4F...

message 22: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 1 comments First Night of Summer by Landon Parham First Night of Summer by Landon Parham
5 STARS

Landon Parham plays by his own set of rules in this debut suspense novel, First Night of Summer. The sequences were intricately woven with captivating characters and full of rich detail. Sometimes graphic in nature---walking right up to that line but careful not to cross it. Ricky Doors is a new level of villain as that people like him actually exist in our toxic society. Humanity can be cruel and inhuman whether we choose to recognize it or not. Isaac Snow and his family are forced to recognize it when Ricky Doors attempts to kidnap one of their twin daughters, forever changing the course of their life. Don't shy away from subject matter of this book. The content is definitely uncomfortable, but within this story of torment is a hidden gem of uplifting emotion. Like many other books in this genre, I found adrenaline in the pages, but furthermore, the author led me into a plotline that digs deeply into the heart. This read is well worth it in my humble opinion. I hope everyone finds the depth as I did. Absolutely brilliant!!

message 25: by Vivienne (new)

Vivienne Brooks | 6 comments I absolutely loved All the Son's of Abraham - really fascinating insight and rolling into a great thriller - recommended!

message 26: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 1 comments The pages of this book flip over as if driven by an Arctic wind. The novel delivers suspense that builds and reaches its icy arms around the reader. Written in the tradition of Alistair MacLean, Koontz delivers action, suspense, and entertaining characters. This is his only adventure story that I know of, and I wish he would write some more. Although I don't read a lot of Koontz's books, I enjoyed this one.
Icebound
Icebound by David Axton

message 27: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) An awesome Jewish murder mystery reviewed and absolutely liked Wedding Wipeout by Jacob M. Appel . No matter what the other reviewers say, I am all for the book and honestly hope another one to come out soon. Check out the book at Wedding Wipeout by Jacob M. Appel

message 28: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) A brilliant murder mystery with a hint of romance in it Amazon Burning by Victoria Griffith
Mystery Thriller romance lovers must try it. Check out my review at Amazon Burning

message 29: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) A spell bounded psychological thriller which will keep you guessing till the very end Songs of the Maniacs by Mickey J. Corrigan its simple splendid. Check out my review at Songs of the Maniacs

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Garner | 1 comments First Night of Summer First Night of Summer by Landon Parham

Once I started reading this book I was completely captivated from beginning to end and I didn't want to put it down until I finished it.

Fascinating, clever and chilling.

First, I loved that the setting takes place in Ruidoso, New Mexico with such vast, beautiful landscape. Let me preface this review by saying, this novel maybe hard to read in some parts, but it doesn't make it any less brilliant. Filled with heartfelt moments, the first section is devastating as you the reader witness that the lives of these children are brutally cut short. It is amazing how Parham is able to create such intense suspense despite the reader being fully aware of what is going to happen and who the killer is. The story is a disturbing and insightful look into the nature and fragility of the human mind and the compulsion to be violent. The quick, cliffhanger chapters kept my heart racing from beginning to end.

message 31: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Return (Second Coming, #1) by Carter Vance is the first of a two part novel of the return of Jesus Christ. A wonderful thriller novel, it is a cannot-put-me-down type of book. Try my review of The Return

message 32: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Even Dead Men Play Chess by Michael Weitz is a chess based murder mystery. Do not go by the title of the book. Although the title in itself is not very catchy, the story is irresistible. A completely engrossing tale, it is a must read for all murder mystery / thriller enthusiasts. Check out my review at Even Dead Men Play Chess

message 33: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Grandmaster's King (Ray Gordon #2) by Michael Weitz is the second in the Ray Gordon mysteries. Another brilliant work by Michael Weitz, this is a notch up from the first book. Totally awesome. check out my review at The Grandmaster's King

message 34: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Herbie's Diner Herbie's Diner by L. Joseph Shosty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Check out the complete review at Herbie's Diner

It is truly a short read, just some 60 odd pages. The story starts in the middle, where Actor Johnny Hardwood, who is being a detective, is sitting at Herbie's Diner, waiting for a suspect. And then the author takes us on a journey where the action is happening, at the same time, the background is also being described wherever required.

Truly a fun read, especially just a for a couple of hours, as it gets over by then.

View all my reviews

message 35: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 1) The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins by Sandra Baublitz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read the complete review at The Mystery of the Blue Dolphins (A Clarissa and Paw Mini Mystery, Vol. 1)

A very short murder mystery but with such an awesome punch which sometimes even a full fledged novel cannot deliver. Clarissa and Paw are absolute lovable detectives. The Saint Bernard Paw is a darling digger and Clarissa is a very intuitive owner. Together, they manage to solve a murder mystery which was considered to be a suicide at first.

View all my reviews

message 36: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Thirteen Suspects Thirteen Suspects by C.M. Okonkwo

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Check out the complete review at Thirteen Suspects

A sex filled murder mystery. The murdered victim had sexual encounters with 13 females, all of which are described in vivid details in his diary named "YOLO". The detectives investigating the murder comes across this book and thus the 13 characters are placed under suspicion.

The story is a murder mystery for the sake of saying. It is basically an erotic diary of a sex starved hostel guy.

View all my reviews

message 37: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Petectives Christmas Party (Petectives, #2) by Robert J. Smith Petectives: Christmas Party
Genre : Mystery / Thriller / Humor / Short Story
Review: Petectives: Christmas Party - My Review
Rating: 5 Stars
A very cute detective story with a house cat as a detective. Truly interesting and short read.

message 38: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Red Christmas by Carmelo Massimo Tidona Red Christmas
Genre: Murder Mystery / Crime / Detective / Thriller / Psychological Thriller / Short Story
Review: Red Christmas - My Review
Rating: 5 stars
A true thriller in just a few words. Do not miss the last line. Sends shivers down the spine

message 39: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish by Stephen Leather Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish
Genre: Mystery / Short Story / Thriller / Detective / Crime
Review: Inspector Zhang Gets His Wish - My Review
Rating: 5 Stars
A very interesting Closed Door Murder Mystery giving due reference and honour to the greats in the industry - Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot

message 40: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Perfect Crime by Jack Erickson Perfect Crime
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Short Story / Fiction / Crime / Detective
Review: Perfect Crime - My Review
A wonderful attempt at a perfect crime and beautiful detective work all in just a handful of pages. Half an hour power packed read

message 41: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Frozen Past by Richard C. Hale Frozen Past
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Psychological Thriller / Detective / Crime / Young Adult / YA Romance
Review: Frozen Past - My Review
An absolutely engaging and engrossing thriller. Once you start, you can't put it down before finishing. Superb climax too

message 42: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Last Straw Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord by David Rheem Jarrett Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord
Genre: Psychological Thriller / Murder / Crime
Rating: 5 star
Review: Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord - My Review
A very well written psychological thriller which questions if the wrong is actually wrong or is it circumstantial right?

message 43: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Book: Last Straw Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord by David Rheem Jarrett Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord
Genre: Psychological Thriller / Murder / Crime
Rating: 5 star
Review: Last Straw: Vengeance is not always the province of the Lord - My Review
A very well written psychological thriller which questions if the wrong is actually wrong or is it circumstantial right?

message 45: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Disciple (Book of Immortals, #1) by Kassandra Lynn Disciple
Genre: Fantasy / YA / Romance / Adventure / Thriller
Rating: 3 Star
Review: Disciple (Book of Immortals #1)
A different concept and interesting read

message 47: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) The Olympus Killer (Greek Island Mysteries, #1) by Luke Christodoulou The Olympus Killer
Genre: Mystery / Murder / Crime / Detective / Thriller / Series
Rating: 5 Star
Review: The Olympus Killer
A fast paced thriller murder mystery with location and mythology based killing

Catch A Falling Star (An Eden Mystery) by Laurel Heidtman Catch A Falling Star
Genre: Mystery / Murder / Crime / Detective / Thriller
Review: Catch A Falling Star
Intense Murder / Theft Thriller with a soft start but gripping story

A Slight Imperfection by David M. Kelly A Slight Imperfection
Genre: SciFi / Thriller / Short Story
Rating: 4 Star
Review: A Slight Imperfection
A short story with a scientific algorithmic error

Deception (Romantic Short Stories) by Grace Brannigan Deception
Genre: Romance / Thriller / Suspense
Review: Deception
A romantic story with a twist. Nice weave of suspense through romance

Five Crazy Days in May by D. D. Five Crazy Days in May
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Erotica
Rating: 1 Star
Review: Five Crazy Days in May
A murder mystery with a twist

Catching the Departed (Andy Karan, #1) by Kulpreet Yadav Catching the Departed
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Crime / Detective / Series / Terrorism
Review: Catching the Departed
An Indian Murder Mystery

Dangerous Vows by Ava Parker Dangerous Vows
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Romance / Crime / Detective / Spy
Review: Dangerous Vows
A roller coaster ride right from the first page to the last. Totally worth the stars

message 48: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Sunny Side Up (Lake Erie Mysteries Book 1) by Maureen K. Howard Sunny Side Up
Genre: Cozy Murder Mystery / Suspense / Adventure / Murder / Crime / Thriller
Review: Sunny Side Up
A cozy Murder Mystery to be read at leisurely pace

message 49: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (RachelMeehan) | 26 comments Finally finished Daughter Daughter by Jane Shemilt Not sure if it is a thriller or crime or family drama? https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 50: by Devi (last edited Jan 26, 2015 08:21PM) (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Never Spoken by M.J. Owens Never Spoken
Genre: YA / New Adult / Romance / Thriller / Short Story
Review: Never Spoken
A love triangle in a completely different dimension

Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants #1) by Renee Benzaim Cause of Death
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Crime / Serial Killer / Psychological Crime / Detective / Series
Review: Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants #1)
A serial killer who kills using black widow bites and Annie Avants on his prowl

IT Can Be Dangerous by Ita Ryan IT Can Be Dangerous
Genre: Murder / Mystery / Thriller / Suspense / Crime / Detective / IT
Review: IT Can Be Dangerous
A murder in an IT firm and an innocent programmer becomes suspect

« previous 1