Christian Mom Reads discussion

General > Welcome New Members: Please Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Makeda (new)

Makeda (makedar02) | 188 comments Mod
Welcome to Christian Mom Reads group. Please feel free to introduce yourself. Tell us how many kids you have, their ages, and a little bit about yourself.

message 2: by Makeda (new)

My name is Makeda. I am a mom of three and one on the way. My kids are 10, 6, 4, and not quite here yet. I am a stay at home mom and I enjoy reading and all types of crafts. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you.

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Rhodes | 2 comments My name is Teresa. My kids are 18,14,and 9. Although I am not an avid reader, I am enjoying reading a lot of older books from christian women writers. I love Ebaying, yard saling, crafting, running, and cleaning.

message 4: by Makeda (new)

Welcome to the group Teresa. It's nice to meet you.

message 5: by Tif (new)

Tif Happy Monday to You!

Hi! Thank you for creating a group with worth-while topics!!

My name is Tif. I am very happily married to my best friend, Brian. We have two kids - a 19 y/o son and 12 y/o daughter.

I have a long list of Christian fiction I've read over the years but most recently, I've been reading more practical titles on marriage/family. Currently, I'm reading Love & Respect and Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle. I am excited to see Boundaries on the reading list, although with the current books I'm reading, adding another with so much content might be too much. Perhaps I'll be able to read it and comment not too far out from the group discussions.

I am excited to be a part of a group of women where I can bless and be blessed by fellowship!

With His Love,
Tif

message 6: by JacQueline (new)

JacQueline Vaughn Roe (goodreadscomjacquelinevaughnroe) My name is JacQueline & I am happily married with 3 children ages 9, 6, & 3. I am a pastor's wife called to women's ministry & do this through Bible study, teaching, acting, & lots of writing. I have early "aggressive" readers in my family & I long to give them great titles that pass the Philippians 4:8 test, so I believe this group may be my answer to earnest prayer. I currently have several titles I am reading & will be happy to alert you with reviews if you like. Thank you for letting me join!

message 7: by Tif (new)

Tif Hi JacQueline!

I joined just 9 days ago and haven't heard from anyone…so, Welcome!!

I peeked at your profile to see if we had any books in common…

I notice you, too, are reading Preparing You Daughter…. I am just starting Chapter 2 of Book 2. I am choosing to read it first alone then with my Chicklet. And that was just the beginning of the similar book lists we have. Just for the fun of it, I will share with you my daughter just finished (yesterday) The Wonderful Wizard of OZ - which you are also reading!

I look forward to conversations with you about the book we're both currently reading. My circle of friends either have little, little ones or kids, well, MY age! =)

I hope you're having a blessed Wednesday!

With His Love,
Tif

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Goddard | 1 comments Hi!

This looks like a fun group with so much in common. I'm a pastor's wife and I have four children ages 21, 13, 14 and 9. I home school three of them. I love books!

message 9: by Makeda (new)

Tif wrote: "Happy Monday to You!

Hi! Thank you for creating a group with worth-while topics!!

My name is Tif. I am very happily married to my best friend, Brian. We have two kids - a 19 y/o son and 12 y/o..."

Hi Tif,

Welcome to the group. I am glad that you have chosen to join us. I have the book Love and Respect and would love to put it on our reading list in the future so that we can discuss it. I'll create a thread for the book "Boundaries" so that we can comment and have discussion on it as we so desire.

I look forward to having future conversations with you and seeing what you'd like for us to read together.

Again it's great to meet you,

Makeda

message 10: by Makeda (new)

JacQueline wrote: "My name is JacQueline & I am happily married with 3 children ages 9, 6, & 3. I am a pastor's wife called to women's ministry & do this through Bible study, teaching, acting, & lots of writing. I ha..."

Hi Jacqueline,

It is nice to meet you. I understand having such a blessed calling on your life. Not only as a mother and a wife, but also as a pastor's wife. I am glad that you have chosen to join us and I hope that you find encouragement and comfort through our group as we share together. I believe that all women, no matter the call, need a place to let their hair down a bit and just be themselves.

Let us know what books you are reading and what you think of them so far.

I look forward to getting to know you and hearing from you. I hope that this group will be all that you need it to be.

Makeda

message 11: by Makeda (new)

Tif wrote: "Hi JacQueline!

I joined just 9 days ago and haven't heard from anyone…so, Welcome!!

I peeked at your profile to see if we had any books in common…

I notice you, too, are reading Preparing You D..."

Tif,

I am so glad that you took the opportunity to welcome our new member. I think that means that our group will be exactly what I have hoped it would be, a place for us to connect and encourage one another.

Feel free to list the books that you are reading in the discussion thread for current reads. Perhaps the conversations can continue there, especially since you and Jacqueline are reading the same book.

Again thank you for welcoming our new group member,

Makeda

message 12: by Makeda (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Hi!

This looks like a fun group with so much in common. I'm a pastor's wife and I have four children ages 21, 13, 14 and 9. I home school three of them. I love books!"

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to our group. Feel free to join in any conversations that we are having. Let us know what you are currently reading and what you want to read in the future.

I look forward to getting to know you,

Makeda

message 13: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Barrington Hi, I have two kids. Daughter is 2 years and son is 7 months. I'm a work at home mom. I have recently accepted Jesus into my heart and asked him to work through me. I attend church regularly and want my children to grow up understanding the Bible and its teachings.

message 14: by Makeda (new)

Hi Ruby,

Welcome to our group and to the family of Christ. I am excited that you have chosen to join us. I hope that you find great encouragement and strength from being apart of our group.

Feel free to jump right in to discussions and let us know which book you want to read for the month of August, by taking the poll.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Again welcome,

Makeda

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments Hi,
I'm Jill, and a little older than most of you :) My kids (all girls) are 17, 21, and 22. But I speak at a lot of MOPS groups, so I always like to hear what moms are dealing with and interact. Plus--we all love books!

message 16: by Makeda (new)

Jill wrote: "Hi,
I'm Jill, and a little older than most of you :) My kids (all girls) are 17, 21, and 22. But I speak at a lot of MOPS groups, so I always like to hear what moms are dealing with and interact. P..."

Nice to meet you Jill. Just so you know, age is not a factor in this group. As a matter of fact, I think diversity is great!

It is very nice to meet you. I am glad that you have decided to join us. I've attended MOPs groups in that past and absolutely loved them.

I look forward to hearing you perspective in our discussions.

Welcome :)

Makeda

message 17: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (cheri_hill) | 1 comments Hi,
My name is Cheri. I have 8 children ages 3-1/2 months through 16. I just found goodreads and yours is the first group I've joined. It's a pleasure to find a group of like-minded women.

message 18: by Gee (new)

Gee  Dixon (goodreadscomgee_lucdix) | 8 comments Hello,

My name is Gee. I am a mom of 4 with a long history behind it. My children are ages 29, 23, 15, and 6. My 6 yrs old is autistic. I have 14 grandchildren. My husband and I just married on April 20, 2013 and he came into a home of busy all the time. He has never had children of his own and is a Retired Veteran. We became foster parents in May. First time for my husband and I fostered with my ex for four years. We attend a Baptist church and love camping. I love to write, blog, read, and doing things with my kids. I use to do eBay as full time employment until disable in 2004. I have many favorite authors but top three are Robin Lee Hatcher, Debbie Macomber, and Kim Vogel Sawyer but many more I do enjoy. Hope to meet many of you through this blog.

Be Blessed

Gee Lucero Dixon

message 19: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments Hi Cheri and Gee,
I'm new, too, and excited to hear from everyone's point of view.

message 20: by Gee (new)

Gee  Dixon (goodreadscomgee_lucdix) | 8 comments Jill

I believe when it comes to age I may be the oldest in the group; but like many with even having younger children. My story is quite long and I hope some day to share when my time is more my time. School starts soon.:)

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Blair Hi!
My name is Lisa. I have 11 children (ages 9-24). I just joined Goodreads and found this group. I am looking forward to interacting with you ladies!

message 22: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments Welcome, Lisa, when do you have time to read? :)

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Blair Jill,
Mainly in the evenings. It's great to have family reading time together with everyone reading quietly to themselves.
We also have a "read aloud" time before the youngest go to bed.
Really, the amount of reading depends on the season. Some seasons allow more reading than others. :)

message 24: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Rhodes | 2 comments Teresa wrote: "My name is Teresa. My kids are 18,14,and 9. Although I am not an avid reader, I am enjoying reading a lot of older books from christian women writers. I love Ebaying, yard saling, crafting, running..."

message 25: by Makeda (new)

Hi everyone and welcome to all of our new members. I am so excited to see our group growing with women of like minds. It also is a great pleasure to see you all interacting with one another.

I have been out of the loop for the past 30 days because, as some of you may know, I was pregnant and nearing my due date. Notice that I said "was." That's right! I am so happy, proud, and exacted to announce that I gave birth to our fourth child. She is a health baby girl that has somehow seemed to become the center of my attention, obviously :)
I have really enjoyed becoming a mother for the fourth time. She is so beautiful and I love to see her smile.

But enough about me...I look forward to getting to know each one of you and I hope that you will all take the time to get to know each other as well.

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Blair Congratulations Makeda on your newest little blessing! Rejoicing with you and your family.
~Lisa

message 27: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Lyon | 8 comments Congratulations Makeda!

I'm Julie. I have three children: Jocelyn, 16; Andrew, 12; and Luke, 7. We homeschool. This year I get to lead council time for Sparks and I will be the Wolf leader for my youngest's Boy Scout Den. Having glanced at the reading list, I'm excited to be with a group that is growing in His Spirit.

message 28: by Makeda (new)

Juliana wrote: "Congratulations Makeda!

I'm Julie. I have three children: Jocelyn, 16; Andrew, 12; and Luke, 7. We homeschool. This year I get to lead council time for Sparks and I will be the Wolf leader for ..."

Hi Julie,

It's nice to meet you. I wish you the best in you endeavors for this year. I look forward to getting to know you better and discussing various books with you.

message 29: by Makeda (new)

Lisa wrote: "Congratulations Makeda on your newest little blessing! Rejoicing with you and your family.
~Lisa"

Thank you Lisa. We have been adjusting in various ways. She is such a blessing. Now, I just have to learn to be a mom with four and get everything that I want to get done to the best of my abilities. This may mean having her strapped to my chest in a baby carrier 22/7...reading included. lol

message 30: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Lyon | 8 comments Makeda, I "wore" my youngest for almost a year. Having a sling was such a blessing!

message 31: by Makeda (new)

You are so right! It is a blessing.

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (numercies) | 16 comments Yes congratulations Makeda! I'm Michelle and I have a 5 month old and two boys, 2 & 5. So I know it gets busy :) I really miss reading so I recently joined this group for a sense of community and to explore good reads (ha ha - pun intended) with like-minded individuals. I'm looking forward to this.

message 33: by Sonya (last edited Sep 10, 2013 05:17PM) (new)

Sonya Contreras (goodreadscomsonyacontreras) | 6 comments I am best known as the mother of eight boys and author of Christmas letters that actually are read and enjoyed. The boys keep me hopping with homeschooling, baseball (one sport per year chosen for my sanity), their lawn and garden business, their chores: gardening, chickens, horses, milk cows, bees, dogs and cats, and hobbies: taxidermy, fishing, hunting, raising chickens and just household maintenance (cleaning occasionally).

My boys ages range from 7 years to 22. My oldest is married, attending engineering school and their expecting their first in Oct. My second is majoring in animal science (no surprise). My third attends public school for the first time--for his senior year to play football. The rest reside under my wings at home.

My husband of twenty-three years reminds me of the reason we have chosen these things when my energy is low and sanity is gone. He tells me he loves me every day regardless of how little of my mind is left.

And about books---they are the key to reaching your heart, body, soul and mind all in one place.

message 34: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthajw) | 5 comments Hi! I am mom to 10 & 14 year old boys and an 11 year old girl. I am a hopeless bibliophile, history buff, and writer.

message 35: by Makeda (new)

I would like to take the time to welcome all of our new members. I am so glad to see our group growing. I look froward to getting to know you all and discussing book reads with you.

Thank you for the congratulations!

message 36: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Contreras (goodreadscomsonyacontreras) | 6 comments Samatha, What have you written? Is it published yet?
I write reviews, if interested.

message 37: by Makeda (new)

I blog and I am working on writing reviews.

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthajw) | 5 comments Sonya wrote: "Samatha, What have you written? Is it published yet?
I write reviews, if interested."

I wasn't sure if it was ok to self promote here :-) I have published 'A Different Kind of Prayer Journal' and a novel for 10-13 year old girls called 'No Such Thing As Perfect. I am looking for reviews for the novel. Please message me if you are interested.

A Different Kind of Prayer Journal by Samantha Wilcoxson No Such Thing As Perfect by Samantha Wilcoxson

message 39: by Makeda (new)

Samantha,

It is ok to mention your writings as long as they aren't constantly the main focus of various discussions. I will open a post for you and other writers to discuss the books that they have written and are currently writing. This will give our members an opportunity to see all the information in one discussion.

message 40: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Scifres (jacquelinescifres) My name is Jacqueline and I live in south east Texas. I have two kids ages 1 and 3. I am new to online book clubs and looking forward to participating.

message 41: by Makeda (new)

Jacqueline wrote: "My name is Jacqueline and I live in south east Texas. I have two kids ages 1 and 3. I am new to online book clubs and looking forward to participating."

Welcome to the group. We are happy to have you join us.

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Hi, I'm Amanda! I'm stay at home Mum from Sydney. My daughter is 5 and my son is 2. I enjoy reading and look forward to finding many books that mesh with the faith of me and my family :) One of my favourite things to do is to sit on my porch and read the Good Book - and I'm looking to discover more reading material that will bring me closer to Christ! (Especially Christian Fiction which I haven't yet delved in to if you believe it!) Thanks for having me!

message 43: by Mrs (new)

Mrs R | 1 comments Hello I'm Martha. I'm a stay at home mom of 2 from VA. my daughters are 1 and 2. I have always had a passion for reading especially faith based books. Looking forward to meeting everyone and experiencing new books.

message 44: by Makeda (new)

It is great to have you Amanda and Martha. I hope that you find what you are looking for amount our group. It is my hope that we will encourage each other and help one another grow in our relationship with Christ. Feel free to join in our conversations at anytime.

message 45: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 2 comments Im new to the group, thanks so much for the invitation Makeda! =)

I have loved to read all of my life. My favorite kinds of books are romance, and faith based books including the Love Inspired line.

Im looking forward to reading more discussions on the group.

message 46: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Werling (mustreadsoon) Good morning everyone! My name is Whitney and I live in a small Ohio town. I am 32 and a stay at home mom to two sons, Brady is 5 and Greyson is 1. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 12 years and he is a fireman/paramedic. I have always loved reading, but my passion has been reignited as a stress reliever! I'm pretty much up to reading anything, but not a big sci-fi/fantasy reader. I had a Nook tablet, but my son was always stealing it, so we traded that in for an ipad for the family and I got the most basic Kindle so no one who want it but me :) I am secretly hoping I get the new Paperwhite for Christmas. It's probably my preferred way to read just because it's easy to tote around, but I do still love a good hard cover book. I have been unable to find any book clubs around where I live so I am looking forward to jumping right in!

message 47: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Scifres (jacquelinescifres) Hi I'm Jacqueline! I am a mom to two- 1 yr old boy and 3 yr old girl. I am a new Christian and a lifetime lover of books!! I am so excited to get started with you ladies!

message 48: by Makeda (new)

Melissa wrote: "Im new to the group, thanks so much for the invitation Makeda! =)

I have loved to read all of my life. My favorite kinds of books are romance, and faith based books including the Love Inspired lin..."

Thanks for joining the group Melissa. I look forward to having you in our discussions and as a part of our group.

message 49: by Makeda (new)

Whitney wrote: "Good morning everyone! My name is Whitney and I live in a small Ohio town. I am 32 and a stay at home mom to two sons, Brady is 5 and Greyson is 1. I have been married to my high school sweetheart ..."
It's nice to meet you Whitney. Let me be the first to say that I know exactly what you mean. My daughter is always on my kindle, so I almost, never get to read my books. I also love a good old fashioned book, but it isn't that convenient. I wanted a Paperwhite, but decided to stick with my kindle hd. Hopefully, we will both get to read on our kindles soon. :)

message 50: by Makeda (new)

Jacqueline wrote: "Hi I'm Jacqueline! I am a mom to two- 1 yr old boy and 3 yr old girl. I am a new Christian and a lifetime lover of books!! I am so excited to get started with you ladies!"

It's great to have you as apart of our group Jacqueline. I'm glad that you jumped right into our conversations. Feel free to discuss the things that you'd like to chat about. We are a community here for one another. :) I look forward to getting to know you.

« previous 1 3