The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2013 > 20.1 - Most Improved Player - Stacy CT's task: All Things Peru!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:28PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10637 comments Mod
20.1 - Most Improved Player - Stacy CT's task: All Things Peru!
This summer I'll be celebrating my 30th birthday with a trip to Peru. Help me celebrate by reading a book from ONE of the following options:

1. Read a book set in Peru or written by a Peruvian author (by birth or residence). Required: If the connection is unclear, please explain how your book fits the task when you post.

2. Read a book by an author who turns 30 this year (born in 1983) OR a book that has a 3 AND a 0 in the total number of pages.

NOTE: ebooks without print versions cannot be used for tasks requiring a specific number of pages. If you read an ebook or listen to an audiobook, use the page count for the mass market paperback if one exists. If there is no mass market paperback edition, use the paperback edition and if no paperback is available use the hardcover edition.

Required: If using the author option, provide a link to confirm the author's age if their birthdate is not present on GR. If using the page number option with a non-print book edition (i.e., an ebook or audiobook) you must provide a link to the edition that you read as well as the print edition for verification purposes when you post.

3. Going to see Macchu Picchu in Peru is one of the things on my bucket list. Read a book related to one of the items on your personal bucket list. Required: Identify how the book you choose is related to the item on your personal bucket list.

Required: State which option you used and any other required information when you post.

message 2: by Stacy (last edited Jun 05, 2013 07:44PM) (new)

Stacy (stacyct) | 116 comments Approved:

Option 1 -

Option 2 - Approved authors:
Jessica Sorensen

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacyct) | 116 comments .

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) The Fallen Star - Jessica Sorensen was born in 1983, is this ok?

message 6: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (whodunitrdr) | 191 comments Here is a suggestion for a book set in Peru, it was a good mystery/thriller. Deadly Deception by Susan Polonus Mucha

message 7: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) | 520 comments May I have this approved? The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - 370 pages.

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacyct) | 116 comments Fiona (Titch) wrote: "The Fallen Star - Jessica Sorensen was born in 1983, is this ok?"

That's fine. Just be sure to provide a link to a page that lists her birthday (I see it's listed on her FB page) when you post.

message 9: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacyct) | 116 comments Chaitra wrote: "May I have this approved? The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - 370 pages."

Looks good.

message 10: by Chaitra (new)

Chaitra (chaitra_ganesh) | 520 comments Thanks Stacy!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thinner would this work for option 2? 320 pages.

message 12: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacyct) | 116 comments Delmy =^.^= wrote: "Thinner would this work for option 2? 320 pages."

Looks good.

message 13: by mstan (new)

mstan | 876 comments Hi Stacy, would Cassandra Rose Clarke work for an author aged 30? I found her year of birth here - https://www.worldswithoutend.com/auth.... I'll probably read The Assassin’s Curse.

message 14: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer (jensamaha) | 365 comments I found a few titles on my tbr list with 3 & 0 in the page numbers:
Awkward 300 pages
Death Comes to Pemberley 304 pages
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict 304 pages
January First: A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her 304 pages
The Baker's Daughter 304 pages

message 15: by mstan (new)

mstan | 876 comments Hi Stacy/mods, with reference to msg 13 in this thread, I hope Cassandra Rose Clarke is ok for option 2? Thanks!

message 16: by Kristina Simon (new)

mstan wrote: "Hi Stacy/mods, with reference to msg 13 in this thread, I hope Cassandra Rose Clarke is ok for option 2? Thanks!"

I think Stacy may be on vacation.

In answer to your question: Yes, Cassandra Rose Clarke will work for option 2. Just make sure you include the link you gave in message 13 so DLMRose can verify her birthdate.

message 17: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 1091 comments I am going to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (370 pages).