Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

if you have to save 1 character ????
Jazzy-may Jazzy-may Jun 03, 2013 11:39AM
If you had to save 1 character who passed away in the series who would you save?????
personally I have know idea
but this question was asked to me by one of my friends and I'd like to she what you guys think
xxxxx

Finnick, because his death was the most pointless.

Rue's death enraged a nation and made them fight for their freedom.

Prim's death prompted Katniss to act and not let another evil dictator take over.

Cinna died for what he believed in and his actions inspired people to stand with Katniss and fight.

Finnick just didn't get away fast enough...

Lilly Santiago This shouldn't eve be a question. Finnick. Duh ...more
Nov 30, 2013 02:06PM
Jessica I wish I could "like" this comment. Exactly how I feel. ...more
Dec 05, 2013 09:28AM

FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICKFINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK

FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICKFINNICK F
INNICK FINNICK

FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK

FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICKFINNICK F
INNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK

FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICKFINNICK F
INNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK

FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICKFINNICK F
INNICK FINNICKFINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK

FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICKFINNICK F
INNICK FINNICK

FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK

FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK
FINNICK FINNICK FINNICK

I would save Peeta. He didn't die, but his brain was broken, and would rather that he was never tortured than one of the other characters dying.

This is a bit out there, but I would choose to save Katniss's father. Her mother wouldn't have gone dotty and Katniss maybe would have been able to spend more time working on her personality rather than being a mother and provider way before her time. I think that made her cold and unlikable.

Just my opinion.

Definitely Finnick. His death was not only pointless, it was completely glossed over in the book. I actually missed him dying for a few sentences and had to go back and re-read it. I almost had to quit reading at that point (but not quite).

I would choose to save everyone that was close to Katniss who died . . . but obviously that's not possible. I was really upset and surprised when Finnick died, but I had the same sad reaction when Prim died. I just read over the scene and I thought Katniss was dreaming . . . but she wasn't. :( Cinna was also really cool and close to Katniss, and also Mags was just . . . her act was so selfless. Also Rue. She was young, maybe she just wasn't set out for the job. But her death in the movie made me cry. Well not literally, but in my heart. :(

I think Rue's death affected me most, so I would save her.

deleted member Sep 15, 2013 04:16AM   1 vote
I'd have to save Finnick. He was just married! Poor Annie!
I was highly disappointed with Mockingjay. She just killed everyone off and Katniss only has Peeta and her children. No Gale, no friends, no mum, no sister. Prims death probably hit me the hardest though because it was so sudden. You can't just kill everyone! It ruined the book. I didn't want to read the rest of it. It could have ended much better.

I can't decide between Prim and Finnick.

Prim was too young. Katniss volunteered for her to save her life and in the end, to Katniss it would have all been for nothing, everything Katniss did was for Prim, and yet she still died.

BUT with Finnick, well he's Finnick. Oh and the fact that Annie is pregnant and she needs him.

Cinna. It took me a while to accept that he was actually dead. And Finnick, yeah I would definitely bring him back. I honestly don't even know why she killed him off in the first place.

Finnick for life.

deleted member Jun 10, 2013 12:11PM   0 votes
Finnik becasue i love him and there was no real reason for him to die. All of the others deaths had at least some point to them.

I would say Cinna too but I'm still trying to get over that one.

Please visit my blog! Stories-of-her-mind.blogspot.com

Definitely Finnick.

I would save Prim, I couldn't believe she was dead at first, I had to go back and re-read to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. I have to admit I shed a tear or two, pretty sad for a guy huh?

"You can't just kill everyone! It ruined the book." -Oliviawantsjace

I agree. Killing off almost everyone makes me fell like the author didn't know what to do with or just didn't want to fool with these other characters.

I would save Finnick Odair. I don't know about others, but I feel as if he could have been saved.

Gale. I know he didn't really die, but he disappeared out of Katniss's life. If I had to pick someone who actually died, I'd pick Madge.

deleted member (last edited Dec 01, 2013 06:16AM ) Jun 04, 2013 02:54AM   0 votes
Actually, maybe I'd save Peeta.

I know he doesn't die, but that boy needed saving even before they stepped foot into that Quarter Quell arena. He will never really be him again, not after what the Capitol did to him.

Foxface is my fav!

Finnick or Cinna...

Lady!, how come Buttercup gets to survive but not the goat?

Rue's death. When she died I honestly wept for so long.

Markie (last edited Nov 01, 2013 02:44PM ) Nov 01, 2013 02:43PM   0 votes
ARGGGHHHHH!! WHY DO THIS TO ME? FINNICK OR CINNA , FINNICK OR CINNA ... FOR THE LOVE OF DOUGHNUTS ITS....

HOLY HYPERVENTILATING HYENAS ITS -

I-

itts -

F I N N C K AND CINNA

BOTH OF THEM I'M A FAIR PERSON ! ;)

I would say Cinna. He had a special connection with Katniss. He was the only other person who uderstood her besides Prim, and maybe Gale. I loved Rue, but she was still so young, so I think her dying and not having to deal with the death of the other tribute in her district was better.

My original thought was Prim, not because she was so young, but because their would be a point to all Katniss sacrificed. In the end, everything was pointless because the one person she truly loved and wanted to save died anyway. However, she couldn't have truly seen through Coin without that death so I get it.
I would have to say Finnick. I agree, his death was pointless.

Nothing changed the book if Finnick died. I would save Finninck, along with Wiress. She told (in a way) Katniss and the others how the arena was working.

Finnick, he was great.

Finnick finnick

Finnick or Prim, although Prim would have died anyway had Katniss not volunteered to go in her place, and if Katniss hadn't been through the Hunger Games, there would be no rebellion, and then more kids would have died, so I would say Finnick. I liked Cinna too, but his death was understandable. Rue's death was sad, but according to the Hunger Games rules, two victors were a huge stretch, so I would definately think that Finnick was the one person whose death was unnecessary.

Prim!

Gale, I know he didn't die but I would want his relationship with Katniss to be repaired even if they were "just friends"

Finnick Odair!

Finnick Odair!

Nikola_TimeLordy_Potterhead (last edited Jun 06, 2013 03:15AM ) Jun 06, 2013 03:15AM   0 votes
Finnick and Cinna!!!!!! <3 <3

OMG FINNICK WWWWWHHHYYYYYYY?????!!!!!!!!

Seneca Crane. O_O

totally finnick. my one and only favorite character in the last book and of course he had to die. WITHOUT EVEN SEEING HIS CHILD!!!!!! how sad is that?

thats a toss up... hmmm Finnick

Prim, Cinna, or Finnick

Nikita (last edited Sep 16, 2013 01:15PM ) Sep 16, 2013 01:15PM   0 votes
Prim or Finnick. Hard choice.

Okay, my answer will come off biased, hence my last name, but Finnick hands down. People say Prim but you have to realize she was the reason for it all, plus I dont really care too much for her. I mean if she didnt die, Coin wouldve rose to power and things would still be the same. As for Finnick, his survival would've added a great feeling, because then his son wouldn'thave to grow up in the conditions he did, and Annie would've become more stable. But MS COLLINS decides to be cruel and have him decapitated? like annie has already lost half her sanity because her district partner was beheaded, but putting the same image, but of her true love in her mind was super annoying. Finnick had more reason to fight. And honestly I wouldnt second guess giving up Katniss for him. He had THE worst life out of all the characters. He is forced into prostitution under an ultimatum, he loses one of very few people he loved, Annie is tortured, He has to put on a sex appeal for the public eye, he re-reaped into ANOTHER hunger games because of KATNISS, he is constantly sacrificing himself leading up to his graphic, uneccessary death. He treated Katniss like a sister and she ended up being the reason he dies. And she watches him die! She couldve taken her fire arrows and set those mutts on fire and get Finnick back to Annie. I wish he had never been cleared for battle. He has a son, he never gets to meet, and when he is constantly saving Katniss, she had never once jumped in front of a bullet for him. To me, Katniss was really selfish at times. And right when things begin to look up for Finnick he reaches his demise. Finnick was my most favorite character and his death really sickened me. I just tell myself he is still alive. And poor Annie, she has to raise a son on her own, knowing what Finnick did for the both of them. Finnick never even met him. Ugh, his death was unfair.

1) Rue. She was to young and innocent to die. :(

2) Finnick's death was pointless, I agree.

3) WHY THE HELL DID CINNA DIE? COULDN'T SUZANNE COLLINS HAVE KILLED... ONE OF THE DESIGNERS???

4) Madge. O_O

5) Prim. I didn't even really understand HOW she died...

Still loved the book though! <3

I would save Snow, just to make his life bitter to the very end! HA HA!

But really, Finnick seemed so pointleslly dying. Maybe Katniss´ father would be nice save, would change everything. Peeta´s father would be a nice change, too.

Rue.

At first I was thinking Finnick or Prim or something but Finnick had his share of life, I'd say. I know his death was one of the saddest in the trilogy but Rue and Prim are still innocent and worth saving.

I chose Rue because she didn't have a choice whether to die or not. She was picked for the hunger games and that was it, she knew she was going to die.
and now you're thinking, who has a choice in death?!?!
Well, Prim. She knew what her sister did for her and she knew that that was a very brave and dangerous thing to do. So, Prim, in order to thank her sister for saving her life, which in her sisters eyes was so worth saving, she went to go fight with her sister, without her knowing and got blown up. seems like a dumb choice to me. Well, at least she learned a valuable lesson... oh wait, never mind, she's dead. -_-

Prim. My second choice would be Rue, but she kind of had to die if Katniss was going to win. Prim didn't have to die. Neither did Rue, but you know what I mean...

S Aug 29, 2013 02:25PM   0 votes
Finnick

Prim

Finnick. Hands down.

Definitely Finnick. Gale can die instead. I started to like him when Katniss said he's in love with Annie. I do feel sorry for Prim but still I would save Finnick.

deleted member Jul 19, 2013 03:27AM   0 votes
Finnick or Prim. We might find reasons why Prim's death was kind of necessary, as some of you have mentioned above, but Finnick's death was just pointless. He should have lived a long happy life with his wife and son. Him being alive would have left us a less sad impression of the books.

but most of the deaths were pointless well prim and finnicks i mean, i really liked cinna but i understand why he died.

« previous 1 3 4