What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lee Raven, Boy Thief
This topic is about Lee Raven, Boy Thief
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. SPOILERS ahead!! Read at your own risk! :O Children/YA about a book that shows whoever is reading it, two authors writing under one name, circular structure [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Jun 07, 2013 08:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria | 5 comments Two authors writing under the same name, both female I believe.
Read around 2006-2008
Possible SPOILERS!
-Novel is a story about a book that shows the present/immediate future/whoever is reading it.
-Paradoxical. It ends the same way it begins, as in, word for word.
-It starts/ends with a boy reading the book while in a hospital bed.
Cheers :)

EDIT: For some reason, I keep thinking it's called the Book Thief...but I know it isn't that (not the Markus Zusak novel)...help?

EDIT 2: Also, if it helps, I mentioned that it was written by two authors...I can briefly remember reading (on the inside cover) about the authors, and they were both female, one with an afro...and they were best friends in high school, I think.

EDIT 3: I can't remember much more, but if it helps, I think the book cover was a dark colour, maybe black? And for some reason I keep thinking the name is some sort of mashup of the two authors' names. Help would be much appreciated. :)

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Wow, this would be a memorable story, and you gave great clues. Someone should know it!

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Maria, are you still looking for this book?

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 257 comments I honestly have no idea but I'll throw out some suggestions anyway, maybe it'll spark someone's memory.

Ellen Connor is two female authors that write under one name.

Elizabeth Eyre is also two female authors that write under one name. Although I believe they write predominately mysteries.

Something about your description reminded me of The Neverending Story by Michael Ende .

Other vague shots in the dark are City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1) by Mary Hoffman The Colossus Rises (Seven Wonders, #1) by Peter Lerangis The Giant-Slayer by Iain Lawrence

Maria | 5 comments Thanks for everyone's help! Yes, I'm still looking for this.. I'll check the suggestions soon, but I have a really good feeling about "The City of Masks"!!

Cheers! :)

Maria | 5 comments Awesome news, I've found it..! It wasn't actually "City of Masks", though that book is awesome too! The book is "Lee Raven, Boy Thief" by Zizou Corder -which is the pseudonym of Louisa Young and her daughter Isabel Young.

Lee Raven, Boy Thief

Huge thanks to everyone who posted suggestions! Despite the spoilers I've revealed, I still recommend giving it a read!

Cheers guys! :)