The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SUMMER CHALLENGE 2013 > Summer Challenge 2013: Questions/Problems in Completed Tasks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 416 (416 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17599 comments Mod
Questions or problems with completed task posts will be posted here.

If you have questions about your points on the Readerboard:

1. Make sure that the Readerboard has been updated through the post that you are concerned about.
2. Please check your math.
3. Check to see if one of your posts is listed in this thread with a question. If so, please make a NEW POST in the Completed tasks thread to clear up the question. DO NOT go back and edit the original post. I will not go backwards in the completed task thread to pick up points.
4. To avoid further questions/problems, please refer to the TASK DESCRIPTIONS and the POSTING REQUIREMENTS.

Thank you for helping keep the record keeping for the challenge as manageable as possible.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

Delmy =^.^= post 7

Task 5.5 requires " a book with one of the color words from Microsofts's Basic Color List in the title/subtitle"
Red is not in the title Fahrenheit 451

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

Jennifer KS post 14

task 5.3 requires "a book that has consecutive words beginning with the same letter in its title" Undead and Unemployed does not have consecutive words that begin with the same letter UAU

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

Lindsey IL post 42

task 5.8 requires "a book with more than one author" Artists/illustrators are not authors.

message 5: by Dlmrose (new)

Sheila post 46

task 5.1 Mercy Kill was written by Lori G. Armstrong not J.A. Konrath and you have claimed Mercy Kill again for task 10.10. Did you mean to post a different book for 5.1?

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2244 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Sheila post 46

task 5.1 Mercy Kill was written by Lori G. Armstrong not J.A. Konrath and you have claimed Mercy Kill again for task 10.10. Did you mean to post a different book for 5.1?"

Yes 5.1 was supposed to be Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath

I don't know what happened there. I will repost 5.1

Thanks - bad start to the season!

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15897 comments Mod
Fiona (Titch) post 59
Derek Landy is not shown as being a Goodreads author.

If you are claiming a BB ticket, you need to say this explicitly in your post, not just include it in your totals at the bottom of the post, and link to the edition you read that establishes the length of the book. The edition shown in your post is to an audiobook - if you listened to an audiobook, you need to also include a link to the paper edition used to establish the length of the book.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Rhiannon post 68
Only one GR author ticket is awarded per book, so you have a total of 2 in this post. No need to repost, but please adjust your totals in your records.

message 9: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) | 12 comments Sandy wrote: "Fiona (Titch) post 59
Derek Landy is not shown as being a Goodreads author.

If you are claiming a BB ticket, you need to say this explicitly in your post, not just include it in your totals at t..."

Ok thanks, will re-do x

message 10: by Dlmrose (new)

Rhiannon post 68

Task 5.4 requires "specify what the circle is" Please repost this task with the required information

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Shawn H post 75

task 5.5 asks for a color in the title-"Plural and possessive forms of the color word work, no other variations." Bluebeard is a variation that does not work

message 12: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon | 219 comments Sandy wrote: "Rhiannon post 68
Only one GR author ticket is awarded per book, so you have a total of 2 in this post. No need to repost, but please adjust your totals in your records."

Ok thank you.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Dlmrose wrote: " Delmy =^.^= post 7

Task 5.5 requires " a book with one of the color words from Microsofts's Basic Color List in the title/subtitle"
Red is not in the title Fahrenheit 451"

ok. so i will just find another task for this book.

message 14: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) | 12 comments Delmy =^.^= wrote: "Dlmrose wrote: " Delmy =^.^= post 7

Red is not in the title Fahrenheit 451"

ok. s..."

Delmy, it could be used for 5.2 task x

message 15: by Sandy (last edited Jun 06, 2013 07:56PM) (new)

Fiona Titch) post 83
When you are claiming a BB ticket, you need to say that specifically in your post, not just indicate a number of pages. When we are having to move through many, many posts, and trying to keep records as accurately as possible, it helps to be able to look for the "magic words" - many people list the number of pages of their books, regardless of how many there are and regardless of whether they're claiming a BB ticket.

If you want to claim a BB ticket, please say it - "claiming BB ticket. 603 page book." Otherwise we will not necessarily pick it up.

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

monkeytoe post 111

Please put tasks in numerical order.

task 15.7 requires "the same consecutive double letter pair found twice"
The Two Mrs. Abbotts ( (Miss Buncle #3) by D.E. Stevenson has BB, TT, SS but none are found twice

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Hawkeye Jackie post 130
You have linked to an ebook edition with 385 pages. If you read an edition with 500 or more pages, please link to that edition to claim a BB ticket.

Angie (Literary Labors) (angie) | 126 comments I didn't see my name under the GR Author Ticket readerboard. I mentioned in my first completed tasks post (message 21) that the book I read was written by a GR author.

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Angie wrote: "I didn't see my name under the GR Author Ticket readerboard. I mentioned in my first completed tasks post (message 21) that the book I read was written by a GR author."

Thanks for the heads up, Angie. It will show up in the next update.

message 20: by Dlmrose (new)

Sheila post 136

15.2 is a 2 book task: "Choose 2 different options and read a book for each. "
Please repost this task when completed

message 21: by Dlmrose (new)

Aleksandra post 151

task 20.7 The edition of Please Look After Mom that you linked does not have 250+ pages. If you read a different edition that does meet the page requirement, please repost with the correct edition

message 22: by Dlmrose (new)

Nick KY post 175

task 15.7 requires "the same consecutive double letter pair found twice"

On Canaan's Side has AA in the title, NN in the series title and RR in the author, but none of them are found twice

message 23: by Dlmrose (new)

Emily Bookshelf post 200

task 25.3 asks Pick 2 different options and (1) read a book for each, OR (2) read one book that satisfies both options. For the one book option, the book must be at least 400 pages long.

Regarding the one book option: you only indicated one option in your post. If your book fits another option please repost with the required information

message 24: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) | 12 comments Can I say that I am claiming 2 Big Book tickets. I posted on both of my books claiming.

Death Bringer - Derek Landy (in message 100) and New Moon - Stephenie Meyer (in message 156).

message 25: by Dlmrose (new)

Christine L post 204

Task 30.6 Anne of Windy Poplars genre Childrens <300 Pages

Books with the genre "childrens" or "kids" that are between 100 and 299 pages may only be used for 5, 10, and 15 point tasks. Books with the genre “childrens” or "kids" on their main page may ONLY be used for tasks above 15 points IF they are at least 300 pages long or the task description specifically notes their inclusion

message 26: by Dlmrose (new)

Stefu post 224

task 20.6 Batman: The Dark Knight Returns- genre Sequential Art

Books with at least 100 pages whose main page lists any of these genres: Sequential Art, Comics, Comic Book, or Manga may only be used for 5, 10, and 15 point tasks unless the task description specifically notes their inclusion

message 27: by Sandy (new)

Fiona (Titch) wrote: "Can I say that I am claiming 2 Big Book tickets. I posted on both of my books claiming.

Death Bringer - Derek Landy (in message 100) and New Moon - Stephenie Meyer (in message 156)."

got it, Fiona. It will show up in the next update.

message 28: by Dlmrose (last edited Jun 14, 2013 05:21AM) (new)

Cindy F post 260

Task 25.3- option 2 requires the numbers 6, 7, or 8 in the title, so "One" doesn't work, but it does work because the book was published in August. No need to repost

message 29: by Dlmrose (new)

Suzanne post 89, previously notified

task 5.10 Nora Ephron was not individually nominated, Lucky Guy was nominated for Best Play

message 30: by Dlmrose (new)

Ems (Ems Reviews Books) post 262

task 5.10 Dennis Kelly was not individually nominated. Matilda: The Musical was nominated for Best Book

Ems Loves to Read (esondie) | 0 comments Blast. I thought I had it right!

Edited the post.

message 32: by Dlmrose (new)

Andy P post 280

Please check your total- I do not get 140
I have recorded 15.3, 25.6, 25.15, 30.2, 30.2, 30.5 = 155

message 33: by Dlmrose (new)

Riya post 287

task 25.3 option 2 asks " read a book that was first published in June, July, or August"
The Knife of Never Letting Go was first published May 5 2008

message 34: by Sandy (new)

Riya post 285
If you are claiming BB tickets, you need to specifically say this in your post, not just list page length. When we are trying to deal with the many, many posts that are made during the course of the challenge, we need to look for the "magic words," rather than trying to figure out if this is what you are doing.

It's enough to say "claiming BB ticket," although putting the info in bold is very helpful!

message 35: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3438 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Andy P post 280

Please check your total- I do not get 140
I have recorded 15.3, 25.6, 25.15, 30.2, 30.2, 30.5 = 155"
Thanks, I forgot to add 15.3

Ems (Ems Reviews Books) wrote: "Blast. I thought I had it right!

Edited the post."

message 36: by Sandy (new)

Meera post 297
If you are claiming BB tickets, you need to specifically say this in your post, not just list page length. When we are trying to deal with the many, many posts that are made during the course of the challenge, we need to look for the "magic words," rather than trying to figure out if this is what you are doing.

It's enough to say "claiming BB ticket," although putting the info in bold is very helpful!

message 37: by Jolie (new)

Jolie | 53 comments Jolie Post 290

This post included Goodreads Author Oliver Sacks but it's not reflected in the readerboard listing of Goodreads Authors. This is the only Goodreads Author I've read thus far.

I'll bold Goodreads Author next time.

Thanks!

message 38: by Jen (new)

Jen (jayebee) | 252 comments Re: GRAs

I have posted 3 GRAs up to post 300, & have only been credited for 2.

Post 64

Post 213

Post 279

Thank you :)

message 39: by Sandy (new)

Jen wrote: "Re: GRAs

I have posted 3 GRAs up to post 300, & have only been credited for 2.

Thank you :)"

Jolie wrote: "Jolie Post 290

This post included Goodreads Author Oliver Sacks but it's not reflected in the readerboard listing of Goodreads Authors. This is the only Goodreads Author I've read thus far.
..."

Found and fixed - this will show up in the next update. Thanks for the quick heads up, and for the info about the specific posts - that made it easy to fix right away!

message 40: by Jen (new)

Jen (jayebee) | 252 comments Sandy, thank YOU!

message 41: by Dlmrose (new)

Laurel CA post 306

Please check your total.
I have recorded 5.1 and 15.5 = 20 not 30

message 42: by Dlmrose (new)

Soelo post 312

task 20.4 requires "confirm that the author(s) is/are new to you."
Please repost with the required information

message 43: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (bluemoon286) | 1839 comments I should have 4 Big Book tickets. I think The Navigator which was claimed in Post 211 was missed.

Thanks.

message 44: by Sandy (new)

Marty post 335
If you are claiming BB tickets, you need to specifically say this in your post, not just list page length or include a number in your totals. When we are trying to deal with the many, many posts that are made during the course of the challenge, we need to look for the "magic words," rather than trying to figure out if this is what you are doing.

message 45: by Sandy (new)

Bluemoon wrote: "I should have 4 Big Book tickets. I think The Navigator which was claimed in Post 211 was missed.
Thanks."

Sorry, Bluemoon - found and fixed! It will show up in the next update.

message 46: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (bluemoon286) | 1839 comments Sandy wrote: "Bluemoon wrote: "I should have 4 Big Book tickets. I think The Navigator which was claimed in Post 211 was missed.
Thanks."

Sorry, Bluemoon - found and fixed! It will show up in the next update."

No problem. I know you guys have a lot to deal with.

Thanks again!

message 47: by Christine PNW (new)

Christine PNW (moonlight_reader) Dlmrose wrote: "Christine L post 204

Task 30.6 Anne of Windy Poplars genre Childrens <300 Pages

Books with the genre "childrens" or "kids" that are between 100 and 299 pages may only be used for 5, 10, and 15 po..."

OK, thanks. Disregard post 204 - I will use books for something else. :)

message 48: by Dlmrose (new)

Marty post 335

Please check your total
I have recorded 20.3 and 25.7 = 45 not 25

message 49: by Dlmrose (new)

Liora post 340

task 25.19 option 3 requires "If you chose a cover option, please include the cover in your post."
Please repost this task with the required information

message 50: by Dlmrose (new)

Cindie post 342

task 25.15 option E requires "If you chose a cover option, please include the cover in your post."
Please repost this task with the required information

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9