♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
This topic is about The Knife of Never Letting Go
Past Reads > The Knife of Never Letting Go

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives.

But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Best dystopian series ever!! You have to read the three novellas too in the right order. Enjoy anyone who hasn't read it yet!

message 3: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I haven't read it yet but I want to. I was unsure about it since it sounds kind of weird with the talking dog and all. It seems to be a love it or hate it kind of book because I have seen lots of very positive reviews but then I saw some really negative ones as well so I wasn't sure if it would be for me.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments I think you'll like it, it's truly brilliant :) And it's not really a talking dog, it's much more complicated than that, you'll see what I mean, it's GENIUS :)

message 5: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily This one has been on my to-read list for a while now, so I'm glad to finally be getting around to it! I hope that this discussion thread picks up; it's my first one here so I'd love for the discussion to pick up!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments It's amazing, enjoy!! I'll talk about it as much as you want, I'm obsessed lol!

Lauren i LOVE this book!!!!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Lol you have to be my friend then :)

Lauren Ok!!! Ha ha I wish the whole world would just become friends over a book!!! World peace would be achieved!!! :)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Ha ha! That's the secret to world peace, you've discovered it! Now if we can just agree on a book for everyone to like...

Lauren Exactly! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!! Now what book?

Karen’s Library One of my favorite books ever, along with the rest of the series! Poo, Todd?

Karen’s Library David wrote: "Best dystopian series ever!! You have to read the three novellas too in the right order. Enjoy anyone who hasn't read it yet!"

Exactly! That's how I read them! And I just read the newly released short stories The Wide Wide Sea (Chaos Walking, #2.5) by Patrick Ness and Snowscape (Chaos Walking, #3.5) by Patrick Ness . Soooo good!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Yes! Those short stories are AWESOME :)

message 15: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah | 4 comments I'm so excited! I just got it from the library and I can't wait to start reading!

Michelle It took me a long time to get into this initially; I usually go back and forth on books written in dialect. But from about chapter 3 on it grabbed me and didn't let go until I'd torn through the entire series. Such great books!

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Jun 07, 2013 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Oh, and the dog. The dog! Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but that dog became one of my all time favorite literary characters.

Lauren MANCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by Rincess (new)

Rincess Must. Get. A. Copy. O-O

Michelle Lauren *lady lauren with the lamp* wrote: "MANCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Exactly!
:)

Lauren He is the best most amazing dog ever!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Karen’s Library (last edited Jun 08, 2013 01:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen’s Library Lauren *lady lauren with the lamp* wrote: "MANCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Poo. Poo, Todd?

I love Manchee!!!!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Ha! Love it!

Lauren He's sooo cute!!!!

Suzanne I agree Manchee is a great character. I think that is just how my dog would talk!

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 7 comments I named my car after this dog. This book is seriously my favourite book of all time(Well, I guess my favourite series) and I'd always read too much to stick with one favourite for long. Seriously, when I finished the third one I put it down and didn't want to read another book ever again. This feeling lasted for days. I can't even begin to describe the wonders Patrick Ness managed to write.

message 27: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah Shahruddin (ShaHannah) | 24 comments I find it hard to start. I been dragging it around buy havent really 'read' it. Will try hard as it seems I'm not the only one finding it difficult to start it.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* wrote: "I named my car after this dog. This book is seriously my favourite book of all time(Well, I guess my favourite series) and I'd always read too much to stick with one favourite for long. Seriously, ..."

New best friend! It's my favorite dystopian and dystopians are my fave, so that's saying something. So awesome you named your car after Manchee!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Hannah wrote: "I find it hard to start. I been dragging it around buy havent really 'read' it. Will try hard as it seems I'm not the only one finding it difficult to start it."

Keep trying! It's so worth it, trust me! And the series gets better from book to book too :)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 7 comments To be fair, my car has quite the long name. But I call him Manchee. Because he's an idiot and has a lot of problems but when it comes down to it he's a ruddy good car. (:

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Ha!!!