Start by marking “Snowscape (Chaos Walking, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Snowscape (Chaos Walking, #3.5)

Snowscape (Chaos Walking #3.5)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  2,065 Ratings  ·  322 Reviews
Snowscape is set after the end of Monsters of Men, so that’s when you should read it.

That’s all I’ll say, I don’t want to give anything away. ;-)

- Patrick Ness
ebook, First Edition, 43 pages
Published May 17th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Snowscape, please sign up.

Sabrina Santangelo Cooley I read the kindle version and it was at the end of the 3rd book. Sort of like an epilogue.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Attention Chaos Walking fans! You can read this story as well as "The New World" and "The Wide Wide Sea" by going here! Or see message 15 in the comments below (in fact, that would probably be the better option because it's faster, haha).

Note: If you haven't read the whole trilogy yet, this story is best read after Monsters of Men. … And by that I mean, trust me, do not read this unless you've read Monsters of Men. Or you will like, spontaneously combust or something.

Well, all I can say is … My
Lotte
That last sentence though.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BLESS. If this novella didn't exist, I'd be a very unhappy lady. Crazy!! Never a dull moment in Chaos Walking!
Raeleen Lemay
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
The last sentence was the only thing that mattered for me in all 40 of those pages.
Snezana BookWitch Gligorijevic
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-reads, y-a
Sada kada sam procitala i novele ove predivne trilogije i kada su se utisci malo slegli, mogu da kazem da je knjiga jednostavno fantasticna!!!
Kada mi je kum doneo knjige i dok sam ga slusala koliko ih hvali, bila sam malo skepticna posto je u pitanju Y/A distopija. Ali, ljudi moji, ovo nikako nije knjiga za decu, omladinu, sta godi. U taj zanr se moze svrstati samo po stilu pisanja i godinama glavnih protagonista. Sve ostalo, tema koja Nes opisuje, medjuljudski odnosi i sukobi su preteski za nev
Tania
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian
If war is hard - and it is, forever and always -then after war is just as hard, in a different way.

A glimpse into what happened after Monsters of Men ended. It includes one of my favorite characters - Wilf. I really, really miss Todd though. Mr.Ness can you pretty please write another full length installment in the Chaos walking series. And if it's not asking too much maybe you can bring Manchee back from the dead.
Katrina McQuade
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Not an official review but OH MY EFFING GOODNESS!!!!

Spoiler coming up:

I began to read this story out of the pure curiosity of what happens to our beloved Todd and as soon as I began to read, I realized that I'll never get the closure I wanted. I was 99.9% sure that there would be no mention of Todd because of where the story was headed....

AND THEN THE LAST TWO PAGES HAD ME LIKE... OMG... I CAN'T EVEN...

HE'S AWAKE!!!

And those were the only words I ever had to hear. After having my heart broken
Dannii Elle
This is a follow up short story to the Chaos Walking trilogy and can be found here.

This follows on from events that occur in the final book of the trilogy, Monsters of Men. I feel it was only fair that Ness chose to give Lee a voice in this final story, seen as he (view spoiler) in the main series.

Lee, along with a crew of nine others, have set off to explore their new home planet. They have travelled from Spackle group to Spackle group, until they reached the snow
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, childrens, ya, novella
Another intriguing look into a different part of Patrick Ness's world. I liked how it confirmed the ending of Monsters of Men and I felt very emotional at the last page. Just a very suitable ending. I want more short stories or books because I love what Patrick Ness has created.
Romie
Omg that was angsty af.
And also really interesting.
I'm glad to know they're finally exploring their new world, and also glad the peace between them and the Spackles is working so well.
But the story in itself made me feel like I was reading a horror story tbh ^^
Also the end made me SO happy :D

Around the Year in 52 books.
52. A book set in a fictional location.

3.75
Emily
May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
I’m not sure if I think this story added anything to the series or not. I’m leaning towards not. The bulk of the story was ok fun, but not necessary in any way. It added a little to the exploration of Noise, but nothing as thought provoking as I found most of the facets of the series. I didn’t particularly enjoy it. Now, the ending- (view spoiler) ...more
Stella  ☢FAYZ☢ Chen
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY.
My prayers/positive thoughts have been answered! Patrick Ness actually wrote two additions short stories set in the Chaos Walking world.

description

Well it is real life and I can't handle what my emotions are doing to me

description

Oh right, the review. Ahem...right. Back on track.
Without saying too much about the plot, I want to establish an already known fact: Patrick Ness knows how to write young adult stories. This was no exception. We all know how you felt reaching the end of Monsters of Men
Denisse
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet Lee, Lee sweet! Good story in general, interesting, thrilling all the way through. But more than that, just an awesome ending for the Chaos Walking trilogy in general. Great in all the sense of the word. Read it only if you have already read the main trilogy.
Ashley Daviau
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I honestly don't know what the point of this short story was. I thought it would at least provide some closure after the way the final book ended but it just left me with even more questions and an even bigger feeling of discontent. I thought it was utterly pointless and quite frankly a waste of my time.
Buvenes
Crini
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
YESS! That last page was exactly what I wanted! Perfect! <3
Sonja Arlow
This short little novella is based on what happens after Monsters of Men and is for people who just could not let go of the story after the series ended….

It's told from Lee's POV which is interesting since he's blind but to be honest I did miss hearing the story told in Todd and Viola’s voices.

I would highly recommend the entire Chaos Walking: A Trilogy as it is one of the most unique dystopian series I have come across in a long time.
John Velo
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahhhhh! What a great way to truly end this series!

I already knew from the last sentences of Monster of Men that Todd was ok and about to wake up, but reading it again here just made things more concrete.

Plus, reading another short story from this world is pure bliss. An enjoyable but also terrifying adventure told in the perspective of Lee.
Shakira
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
the last sentence THE LAST SENTENCE I'M CONTENT NOW OK I WAS DEPRESSED MOST OF YESTERDAY i legit skimmed this whole novella i gather it was told in lee's perspective? idk who cares the last f*cking sentence XD XD XD.
Siobhan
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a nice little ending, a nice little short story to give us an idea of what went on following the events of Monsters of Men.

For me the short story wasn’t quite what I had expected – I wanted more details about the lives of our main characters, and it was only really the final line that I had been on the edge of my seat to hear – but it was nice to get more of the world.

What I really loved was the way in which we were given Lee’s perspective of the world. Lee quickly became one of my favo
Ro
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, sci-fi, english
4,5/5
Esta historia corta me gustó muchísimo, especialmente porque no sabía con qué iba a encontrarme tras el final de Monster of Men.
Si bien Lee no es mi personaje favorito ni de lejos, me pareció bastante interesante ver las cosas desde su perspectiva y la trama que se nos plantea. En especial disfruté el hecho de que, si bien Patrick nos cuenta un poquito qué está pasando con nuestros personajes tras el final, sea muy, muy vago al respecto, dejando el resto a la imaginación y, sobre todo, al f
Jean Claudia (Bookish Poetess)
I find this novella unnecessary. It's not really what I expected. It's about Lee and Wilf and other people from the ships who have done some exploration in the new world and met a bunch of Spackles who were called the Snowscapes and then the story goes on and the last sentence was the only thing I've been expecting all along then that's it. It's done.

Can you please write another novella Patrick Ness? It's still a cliff hanger. I wish I never read this one. I'm needing more.
Anton
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Tasneem Jamal
the last novella in the chaos walking trilogy .... it was a really good one, despite that it is small (45 pages) it was full of actions and with new ideas ...

I really recommend to read this novella for all the people who read the chaos walking trilogy because most of the reader skip the novellas , but they are really good so read them people
Kaethe
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
7 January, 2017
26 July, 2014

I agree with Ness, don't read it until you've read the rest of Chaos Walking. It's disturbing.

Free online:
Izzy
That sentence, that one final sentence, was the perfect closure for the entire series.

(If you'd like to read any of the short stories from the Chaos Walking series, they're available for free download here.)
Tyler
Gah. It can't just end like that. This was so good though. Kind of horror tinged too which I loved.

One of the best short stories I've read in one of the best series I've ever read. Don't read it till you've finished Monster of Men though.
Tayla Robichaud
Apr 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
Crap I thought this was 2.5 and I didn't read monsters of men yet.
Asiya
Ness started this short with fear. Paralysing fear. And this is why I've grown to love his work and his words. He challenges the ordinary and take risks in conveying his story.
[MAJOR SPOILERS] Discussion about Ending 2 10 Apr 20, 2015 07:03AM
I want a 4th book. 5 34 Apr 20, 2015 05:52AM
Link to this book? 2 42 May 16, 2014 05:34AM
  • In The Land Of The Dead (Rot & Ruin, #1.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Thistle & Thorne
  • Portrait of a Spore: The 3rd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.5)
  • The Sign of the Jaguar (Corpus, #1.5)
  • Darla's Story (Ashfall, #0.5)
  • King of Marbury (The Marbury Lens #1.5)
  • Warm Up  (Villains, #0.5)
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • Fireflies
  • The Pauper Prince and the Eucalyptus Jinn
  • The Mystery of the Haunted Cottage (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #10)
  • Love Is A Choice (Across the Universe, #0.6)
  • Spill Zone
  • Sad Monsters: Growling on the Outside, Crying on the Inside
  • Wishing Stars: Space Opera Fairytales
  • BZRK: Origins (BZRK, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
Patrick Ness, an award-winning novelist, has written for England’s Radio 4 and Sunday Telegraph and is a literary critic for The Guardian. He has written many books, including the Chaos Walking Trilogy, The Crash of Hennington, Topics About Which I Know Nothing, and A Monster Calls.

He has won numerous awards, including the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize, the Booktrust Teenage Prize, and the Co
More about Patrick Ness...

Chaos Walking (3 books)
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
  • The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)

“If war is hard - and it is, forever and always - then after war is just as hard, in a different way.” 2 likes