This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate that Montambo is SOOOO big on the polls...

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) ... and wants people to vote in them, and create new ones...but refuses to vote in one that contains the word "fart." What's up with that? Is it just the word fart thats a problem? Or that act itself? Does she have some kind of cork to prevent her own flatulence? For that matter, is flatulence an acceptable word? Poot? Gas blast? Break wind? Did she have some kind of horrible fart-lighting accident? Inquiring minds want to know!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh geez, Tom, you are so gross.

Gretchen, I'm not sure if you are because I am NOT clicking that link.

message 4: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Tambo, grossed out by farts?

But it's something we all do (some more than others), biology baby... Your bowels need to be relieved of all those extra gases. Not healthy to hold it in... And it feels good to let it out, you should try it!

message 5: by Servius Heiner (last edited Apr 11, 2009 02:01PM) (new)

Servius  Heiner it isn't about the act; it is about the strategic deployment of the flatus.

Lori eat shit.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Why are you picking on Lori, lately? What did she do?

Servius  Heiner hmmm?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You idiot.

Lori, what did you do to Big, Bad Nick? He's wounded or something.

message 9: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Kasia - I haaaaaaaaate that logic, "we all do it". we all do lots and lots and lots of things - many of which go un-talked about - AS IT SHOULD BE!

Servius  Heiner I'm fine and I have no idea what yer talking about... In other news why does flattusmaxums bother you so it is all natural after all... like butt tofu/

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it Lori with the otter avatar or Lori from the next best book club?

message 12: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Nick, see Message to Kasia (#9) - apply it to yourself too please.

message 13: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Marie wrote: "Kasia - I haaaaaaaaate that logic, "we all do it". we all do lots and lots and lots of things - many of which go un-talked about - AS IT SHOULD BE!"

I don't buy into taboo. 'Sides an unintended fart in certain situation can be a great ice-breaker, it's nasty yet innocent enough...

Why oh why is it so offensive and should not be discussed?

Servius  Heiner I have to side with, Kasia on this one. A properly deployed fart can salvage a seemingly lost social situation. A noisy release in the "wrong" setting brings out the 5 year old in just about everyone... the exception to the rule is elevators... that is just bad form.

message 15: by Malbadeen (last edited Apr 11, 2009 02:17PM) (new)

Malbadeen It's not about "taboo" it's about your logic that, because we all do it, it should be talked about and therefor not displeasent to people.

you enjoy talking shit - go for it but as another person that hates that kind of talk it is SO IRRITATING how people that are fixated on the topic wont just let those of us that are not, silently ignore it. People want us to embrace it, yuck-it-up, reveal in the references.

why? why? why? why? is that so important to you people?

and it absolutely gets a disproportionate amount of discussion when it come to the realm of "things we all do".

message 16: by Kasia (last edited Apr 11, 2009 02:26PM) (new)

Kasia But, ok, if you want to dissect that post, what I get from it is that:

1) Tambo shouldn't be grossed out by fart
2) we all fart, it cannot be help
3) Tambo should fart

I don't see the implication there that because we all fart => we should discuss it. I just said: we all fart and then elaborated on it.

And no, I don't think all the mundane things deserve attention. But I don't see much wrong in giving that attention if I feel like it. And taboo is part of the appeal to me. I'm primitive like that.

And it's not important, but it got your attention! Yay!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

But, yeah, saying that it's "natural" is not a good argument. So?

message 18: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Montambo wrote: "I think they just like grossing us out. Telling them I hated that word on the poll was showing them a weakness and they're attacking in my soft spot. The way Lori attacked Nick in his soft spot."

Yes, attacking soft spots is fun as well. Please excuse my barbaric nature.

Servius  Heiner say something Montambo?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! Kasia saw it. You weren't fast enough.

message 21: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Shush! I don't want my post deleted as well.

Servius  Heiner Montambo, dropped a dime on you, Kasia, I think you two are even steven...

message 23: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I think it's funny in certain situations and gross in others. Depends on the context. For instance, my you tube link is HILARIOUS, Sarah and you should click it. My husband's all proud of himself for his extra loud one that frightens our poor daughter. That's just funny. But I've had boyfriends who definitely took it too far and it really pissed me off. Example: Dutch Oven. Not funny never has been never will be. just fucking rude and inconsiderate. And I don't like the word at all. It's crude sounding and makes me wrinkle up my nose. There's not an alternate word that works for me either, except for toot which is fine when talking to my kids but just doesn't work in other situations.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Gretchen, your daughter is so cute!!

Is that your husband playing guitar and singing in the other video on your profile? Sexay!!

message 25: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments HA! That's HIS profile and he meant to delete himself singing but forgot. Yes he is sexy.

message 26: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Oh and thanks!

message 27: by Kasia (new)

Kasia That was your daughter? Oh, wow! Gimme a moment here, wow! I thought that was just a random video... Wow!

That was just such a sweet moment. Lucky you, Gretchen.

message 28: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Here's the thing, though. The poll in question wasn't a treatise on sulfur / methane ratios, texture, particulate content, liquid vs. gassy farts, strategic room clearing ability, fart blossoms on underwear, or anything of the kind. It simply used the term "farting around" and the phrase "heh, you said fart." Why the offended outrage?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Serious? I wasn't offended or outraged, nor trying to censor future poll makers. I was just joking around because I hate that word (in any context) SO FUCKING MUCH. It makes me hate the world a little more each time I hear it. That's all.

message 30: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Oh, i know. I was just trying to turn fart into your 30 Days of Night and keep the fart thread going. The bit about particulate content of farts was just a bonus.

Fart.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Servius  Heiner The art of fart:

:fart: oop's damp drawers, does anyone have some pocket lysol?
:fart: oop's I tipped over yer cart, I ask your forgiveness good sir, I should have warned 'Backblast area all clear!'

ok this seemed a lot more halirous in my head but now it just looks dumb...

fart.

wet fart...

tofu hippie fart...

Just ate some Mexican food; hope it's just a wet fart, and not an incognito terd...

Are farts suppose to be lumpy?

Servius  Heiner [image error]

any time yer ready Montambo, I'll just say the word... words...

OMG I just busted ass so bad I had to slit my own wrists!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

popcorn!

Servius  Heiner ok that didn't work... there was a self mutilation picture to go along with it but the picture wont post {:-/

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think this thread should be illustrated.

Servius  Heiner it was a bleeding butthole... you would really have to see it.

Servius  Heiner don't worry it refuses to function so yer eyes are safe.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Sometimes technology is on the side of good rather than evil.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

But only rarely.

message 41: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Here I sit all broken-hearted; tried to sh@#, but only farted.
The next day I took a chance; tried to fart, and sh#$ my pants.

message 42: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I love how Bunny equates hairy toes and bleeding assholes.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! I didn't notice that.

message 44: by Kasia (new)

Kasia 43 - funny as hell, I hate when that happens.

And bleeding assholes - painful, the humor there escapes me now, though I do occasionally enjoy Jackass... I'm in a weird place, maybe it'll pass...