Cozy Mysteries discussion

Members Reading/Challenge Lists > Beth's Challenges

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (last edited Sep 17, 2013 11:04AM) (new)

Beth Revers | 52 comments Want to work on an a-z list for 2013 Will include anything read already this year. Letter can be any title word or any first last or middle name of author reserve the right to switch out if I cannot stand the book. Will be working on posting for a little while....
Books will be listed on my shelf a-s cozy 2013

a-z cozy 3013
A To Brie or not to Brie by Avery Ames Read
B Evans Above by Rhys Bowen Read
C Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die by Nancy Martin read
D Die Laughing by Carola Dunn read
E Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams read
F And Then You Die by Monica Ferris read
G Winter Garden Mystery by Carola Dunn read
H Hen of the Baskervilles by Donna Andrews read
I Illegally Iced by Jessica Beck read
J Books can be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay read
K Kneading to Die by Liz Mugavero read
L Larceny and Lace by Annette Blair read
M A Mourning Wedding by Carola Dunn read
N Nickled and Dimed to Death by Denise Swanson read
O Gingerbread Bump-Off by Livia J Washburn read
P The Pumpkin Muffin Murder by Livia J Washburn read
Q The Cat The Quilt and the Corpse by Leann Sweeney read
R Adrift on St. John by Rebecca M. Hale read
S Flowerbed of State by Dorothy St. James Read
T Sweet Tea Revenge by Laura Childs Read
U Expert in Murder by Nicola Upson read
V Red Velvet Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke Read
W Widows Tears by Susan Wittig Albert read
X The Xibalba Murders by Lyn Hamilton read
Y I Scream You Scream by Wendy Lyn Watson Read
Z a taste of the nightlife Sarah Zettel read

message 2: by Beth (last edited Sep 19, 2013 05:13AM) (new)

Beth Revers | 52 comments My Vampire Book Obsession September Challenge
swiped from Lynne (please don't prosecute!)
Starts: September 1
Ends: September 30
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. So pick which level you want to do and that's how many items you will need to check off.

Levels:
Transitional - 2 books
Fledgling - 4 books
Vampire - 6 books
Master - 8 books
Vampire King or Queen - 10 books

Each month we will have a "check list" of 10 items. To check something off, all you have to do is read a book that applies to that item. So if the item is "read a book with vampires" - then once you've read a book with vampires, you can check it off.

1. September begins with S. Read a book with a word in the title or in the author's name that begins with S.Final SentenceDaryl Wood Gerber9/16/13

2.September is: (choose one)
a. Happy Cat Month - Read a book featuring a witch - with or without a cat for a familiar. FlirtFlirt 9/13/13
b. National Skin Care Month - Read a book about zombies.
c. Tolkien Week (9/22-28) Read a book featuring elves, fairies or other beings that might reside in Middle Earth.Codex Born Codex BornFairies, Dryads, and lots of others. 9/9/13

3. September's birthstone is the sapphire. Read a book with a blue cover, or with blue lettering in the title.
Little Black Book of Murder (The title is a shimmery blue if you tilt the book)Little Black Book of Murder: A Blackbird Sisters Mystery 9/7/13
4. September 22-28 is National Dog Week. Read a book with a dog or wolf on the cover. Steamed to DeathPeg CochranTwo Dogs 9/18/13

5. September is National Prime Beef Month. Read a book with a bare-chested guy on the cover. I realize this one may be a bit difficult...
The Husband Hunt (okay so it is the inside cover, but still...)The Husband Hunt9/12/13
6. Vampires: Read a book featuring Vampires. Who needs a reason? Let them eat stake Let Them Eat Stake 9/14/13

7. September is Shameless Promotion Month. Read a book by a writer you've heard about courtesy of Goodreads. Friday Night Bites Friday Night Bites 9/9/13

8. The weekend after Labor Day is Popcorn Festival, celebrated in various places around the U.S. To celebrate, read a book that was made (or is being made) into a movie, or is the basis for a TV series.
Devil Bones (Bones TV series)Devil Bones Okay, so not a movie, but we have popcorn when we watch 9/12/13

9. Something New: Read a book (either a stand-alone or the start of a new series) by a new-to-you author.Pirate KingLaurie R. King Never read Laurie King before. 9/17/13

10. Location: (choose one)
a. The week of September 9-14 is Line Dance Week. Read a book that takes place, at least in part, in a bar or club.
b. Autumn begins on September 22. Read a book that takes place, at least in part, in New England, where many people travel to observe the changing Fall colors. Triple Witch (takes place in Maine)Triple Witch 9/9/13

BONUS BOOK! September is Pleasure Your Mate Month! If you've finished all 10 books, and you still want more, read a romance - any type.

OR, if you've having trouble coming up with a book for a given category, you can use the Bonus Book as a substitute!
So far a master, but I just need to find that dog on the cover book!