David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Archives (Book of the Month) > April 2013 BOTM - Throne of Glass

Comments Showing 1-50 of 145 (145 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Discussion for Throne of Glass!!!

message 2: by Lola (new) - added it

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I own this book and started reading it, but I didn't finish it. I think I had different expectations. And I didn't like the main character. I seem to be one of the only ones who didn't like it though.

message 3: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Eek! Sorry to hear that Lola! I've heard good things, just picked up my copy, I'm hoping I like it more than you!

message 4: by Lola (new) - added it

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I hope so too! I have heard many people realy liked it, so I probably am the exception here :P

Bethany | 171 comments I love this book. I love fantasy of this kind. I really liked the main character and the plot and everything. I'll probably go into more detail later as the discussion progresses. I don't want to post spoilers just yet.

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I put this on hold at my elibrary! Should have it soon!

message 7: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Another book to go pick up! I was thinking of actually buying it, because its a beautiful book!

Gabby I Loved this one!! I got it from the Goodreads "First Reads" and read it, reviewed it, and LOVED IT!! I'm a Dorian fan, 100% :)

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay!! That's a glowing review that makes me want to read it!

Jazzabella ~*~ Catherine~*~ (jazzabella) | 87 comments This certainly wasn't one of my most favourite books but I did like it. I don't have a favourite between the men yet as I still feel like I don't REALLY know either of them yet. From what I do get from their characters they both have good and bad points.

message 11: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Did anyone read the novellas too?

Jenna (jennasilver) | 42 comments Yess they definitively worth reading to.

message 13: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cool, thanks!

Gabby I haven't read the novellas...yet :)

message 15: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) YAY!!! Just saw that this is the BOTM!!!! Such a great story!!!

I read the novellas, I suggest reading them first!!! They give you more foundation and background to the novel!

I absolutely absolutely loved this story - it has such a strong female character in it. Just the mere trials and tribulations she goes through is shocking!

I summed up my thoughts here a little more eloquently if you are interested!

Great review, Ruby! Geez, more books to get! Hehe...

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hehe I was wondering when you'd chime in Rubes! I nominated this book because you recommended it! I was so excited when it got the votes :)

message 18: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Karen wrote: "Great review, Ruby! Geez, more books to get! Hehe..."

Cheers for that Karen! I hope you like it as much as I did - box of tissues on hand might help as well.

Ruby wrote: "Karen wrote: "Great review, Ruby! Geez, more books to get! Hehe..."

Cheers for that Karen! I hope you like it as much as I did - box of tissues on hand might help as well."

Oh, oh! Thanks for the heads up, Ruby! ;)

message 20: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) David wrote: "Hehe I was wondering when you'd chime in Rubes! I nominated this book because you recommended it! I was so excited when it got the votes :)"

Aw really - my first book rec to get some clout *yay*

I hope everyone likes it as much as I did, though I hope everyone reads the novellas first and then the novel (it was the order in which author released the story).

Can't wait to see how this discussion turns out to be.

message 21: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Karen wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Karen wrote: "Great review, Ruby! Geez, more books to get! Hehe..."

Cheers for that Karen! I hope you like it as much as I did - box of tissues on hand might help as well."

Oh, oh!..."

No probs, wish I had the warning (I listened to the same song for days - lol ;)

I just bought the first one for $.99 and got the other 3 from my elibrary, Ruby! Thanks for the advice! :)

message 23: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I grabbed all the novellas too, thanks Ruby!

message 24: by Ruby (last edited Mar 30, 2013 09:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) No probs. I'm so stoked to hear ya guys got them :) The novellas are a quick read, but get more intense as you read each of them. Can't wait to hear what you guys think :)

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Awesome, I think I might read them when I'm done with Boundless...

message 26: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I bought the first novella, and will probably read it very soon as well!

Ha. Same here! I finished Boundless a couple of hours ago and may read the novellas next.

message 28: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) *patiently waiting* :)

message 29: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LOL It's not quite April yet, but I am tempted to start early! Just gotta finish Boundless today first ;)

I'm almost done with The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) by Sarah J. Maas

message 31: by Ruby (last edited Mar 31, 2013 06:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Karen wrote: "I'm almost done with The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) by Sarah J. Maas"

And... what did ya think?

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished the Pirate Lord one and LOVED it!!! Onto the next one :)

message 33: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) YAY!!!!!

message 34: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) I should warn ya, brace yourself!

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm 30% into the next one, just as awesome :)

I finished the first one as well and just started on the second. I liked it alot as well!! ;)

Elisa | 24 comments I finished the novellas and started Throne of Glass. Thank you to Ruby for saying to read them first. I think you need the background from the novellas to really like Throne of Glass. Plus, the novellas were great reads!

message 38: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Awesome Elisa, can't wait to hear what you think!

I finished the first three and will finish the fourth tonight. I really enjoyed them too, particularly the first and third :) Looking forward to getting into the full novel!

Oh and I love that the novellas were priced at only $.99, that's the way it should be!

message 39: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) I can't wait till you guys are finished! Surprised that there hasn't been any cries of outrage yet...maybe the last novella should kick everyone into gear :) Don't want to give anything way, so mum's the word!

I'm loving the 2nd novella. A little over halfway through! :)

message 41: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby wrote: "I can't wait till you guys are finished! Surprised that there hasn't been any cries of outrage yet...maybe the last novella should kick everyone into gear :) Don't want to give anything way, so mum..."

Noooo! *screams in outrage* Don't read this until you finish the 4th novella (view spoiler)

Elisa | 24 comments Screams of outrage for sure! It took me longer to read the 4th novella because I wasn't looking forward to a what might (and did) happen.

message 43: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

How far along on Throne of Glass are you? I'll start tonight I think :)

Elisa | 24 comments I am not very far. Maybe chapter 4. I am reading it in book form and not on my Nook, which means I can't read it as easy with my kids around or the lights out.

message 45: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Black (ruby_black) Sorry you guys had to experience that!!! I know it wasn't easy to swallow (at least not for me) Kept listening to music for days at home. (view spoiler) Can't wait to hear more from you guys!

message 46: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elisa wrote: "I am not very far. Maybe chapter 4. I am reading it in book form and not on my Nook, which means I can't read it as easy with my kids around or the lights out."

Cool, I'll catch up soon and then we can chat about it :)

message 47: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby wrote: "Sorry you guys had to experience that!!! I know it wasn't easy to swallow (at least not for me) Kept listening to music for days at home. [spoilers removed] Can't wait to hear more from you guys!"

Eek yeah it was tough, but is clearly crucial to her character development for the rest of the series. I can't wait to get into it!

Gabby David wrote: "Ruby wrote: "I can't wait till you guys are finished! Surprised that there hasn't been any cries of outrage yet...maybe the last novella should kick everyone into gear :) Don't want to give anythin..."

Oh, I knew that happened because I read Throne of Glass first :) Not looking forward to reading the novellas because of that :/

Just finished the 3rd novella. I have a very bad feeling about #4. :(

message 50: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eek the 4th one is really good and really awful :(

« previous 1 3