Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading March 11?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
I didn't read as much as I wanted to this weekend- still reading YA Spellcaster by Claudia Gray.

message 2: by Valie (last edited Mar 11, 2013 07:04AM) (new)

Valie (valiemartin) | 65 comments I'm in Cindy Gerard's Killing Time (1st in One-eyed Jacks series). Action & Passion very well combined !

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Okie, it was a slow reading weekend for me too. Still reading The Earl is Mine and The Best Man--I like them both, just haven't had much time to read this past week. Next up will probably be Ruthie Knox's Along Came Trouble, which just downloaded this morning.

message 4: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Okie, I didn't get much reading done either. I am not even halfway through Legend by Marie Lu yet.

message 5: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments Started The Earl is Mine by Kieran Kramer yesterday and finishing it up today. Then I have to start Lord of Darkness and The Conquest of Lady Cassandra or Dusk with a Dangerous Duke. I have too much I have to read.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1017 comments Over the weekend, I read two by Juliana Gray; A Gentleman Never Tells and A Duke Never Yields. Both were just as good as the first one in the series. I'm now in Whiskey Creek with Brenda Novak's When Summer Comes.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin H I'm hoping to get to What Happens in London by Julia Quinn!

message 8: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I'm reading To Surrender to a Rogue by Cara Elliott, then Cara's To Tempt a Rake.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 706 comments Finished This Rake of Mine and began Love Letters from a Duke and then on to The Book of Lost Fragrances

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished two by Ann Lethbridge, The laird's forbidden Lady and More than a mistress, both excellent. Has anyone read Terri Brisbin, she's writes quite a lot of ancient history, William The Conqueror etc., She's very good.

message 11: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Marnie wrote: "Just finished two by Ann Lethbridge, The laird's forbidden Lady and More than a mistress, both excellent. Has anyone read Terri Brisbin, she's writes quite a lot of ancient history, William The Con..."
Hi Marnie
I've read The Duchess's Next Husband (Regency). It was a good read.

message 12: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments On my third Kowalski book by Shannon Stacy. I've read EXCLUSIVELY YOURS, UNDENIABLY YOURS and am in the middle of YOURS TO KEEP. I'm enjoying them. I love the guys and the family dynamic. The dialogue between the brothers is hilarious. I can't make my mind up about the heroines. Keri was okay, Beth I actually liked more than I thought I would after reading all the negative reviews about her but I did agree that she waited way too long to accept Kevin's love. I'm liking Emma.

ALONG CAME TROUBLE by Ruthie Knox downloaded to my NOOK yesterday so that's next on my list. I can't wait!

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
Just finished Along Came Trouble. I really liked it. It's lighter than her other books, I think

message 14: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1916 comments Mod
I hadn't realized Along Came Trouble was out this week. I keep thinking March is a long way off!

I just read The Haunting of Maddy Clare and loved it. I love ghost stories and this one with its infusion of romance, ghost story, mystery and 1920s setting was just wonderful.

message 15: by Manda (last edited Mar 12, 2013 09:00PM) (new)

I've bought it, Elyssa, but I haven't started it yet. Maddy Clare really feels groundbreaking to me. Something akin to my first read of Deanna Raybourn. I caught that train a bit late as well;)

message 16: by Valie (new)

Valie (valiemartin) | 65 comments I just started, Maggie Robinson 's Lord Gray's List. New author to me...

message 17: by Manda (last edited Mar 13, 2013 07:45AM) (new)

I read the first installment of Eloisa's new serial novel With This Kiss: Part One last night. It's lovely but all I can say is I'm glad Part Two comes out next week because otherwise I'd be in agony with waiting!

message 18: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Manda wrote: "I read the first installment of Eloisa's new serial novel With This Kiss: Part One last night. It's lovely but all I can say is I'm glad Part Two comes out next week because otherwise I'd be in ago..."
Hi Manda,
I've just got part one also but haven't had time to read it yet, perhaps at the weekend.
BTW The Perks...etc is still not available on Amazon UK or US!

message 19: by Lilee (new)

Lilee White | 2 comments Just started Out of Sight Out of Mind and it's going great so far. XD

message 20: by Valie (new)

Valie (valiemartin) | 65 comments Manda wrote: "I read the first installment of Eloisa's new serial novel With This Kiss: Part One last night. It's lovely but all I can say is I'm glad Part Two comes out next week because otherwise I'd be in ago..."

My, maybe I should wait the end of the month before starting it. I don't take frustration very well!
It was available in time on amazon.fr...

message 21: by Deborah (last edited Mar 13, 2013 08:33PM) (new)

Deborah (dlecroybeaver) Finished Kristan Higgin's The Best Man
this week and also have been reading some of Sarah Mayberry's backlist. Finished her More Than One Nighttonight. Really excited to read the new releases that came out this week. Going to start with Ruthie Knox's Along Came Troubleand Eloisa James' With This Kiss: Part One. I bought Wallbanger by Alice Clayton because of great reviews I've been reading about it. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it by the end of the week.

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (dlecroybeaver) By the Way, Ya'll.... I bought all 5 Sabrina Jeffries Swanlea Sisters Series this week. They are on sale for $1.99 each at Amazon for kindle!! It's a huge discount on these. I may not read them yet, but I thought it was a good idea to store in my TBR folder for later.....

message 23: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
Happy Friday! I stayed up way late reading my Monday puzzler post last. I absolutely loved it!! It has been a long time where a historical romance has kept me up till the wee hours cos I couldn't imagine goin' to sleep not knowing how it ended.

This weekend I'm reading Altered by Jennifer Rush, The Essence by Kimberly Derting, and Teeth by Hanna Moskowitz.

message 24: by Daniellegn (new)

Daniellegn | 235 comments I just finished "me before you" by jojo moyes, which was recommended by one of the authors I follow on Facebook (can't remember which one.) it was so, so good, though really made me cry. It deals with issues around quality of life, assisted suicide and freedom to make your own decisions.