Start by marking “The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)

The Best Man

(Blue Heron #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  23,390 ratings  ·  1,824 reviews
Sometimes The Best Man Is The One You Least Expect...

Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she’s ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family’s vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there....

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief
Mass Market Paperback, 426 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Best Man, please sign up.
Kim Toward the beginning of the book it says he has straight dark blonde hair that's always a little messy.

·  23,390 ratings  ·  1,824 reviews

willaful
I'm really puzzled about how to approach this review. There is much about this book that is sensitive, generous, moving, and funny. There is also much that feels like getting a pie in the face. With a rock in it.

Faith has an exceptionally bad history with men, even for a Higgins heroine. Her longterm sweetheart Jeremy came out to her at their wedding and it's been nothing but bad revelations ever since. Yet fate has chosen her to be a matchmaker for her widowed father, who the family fears is in
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
2 Stars. Barely.

This is my first read by this author. I can see why so many readers love her books. Her writing is compelling and witty. And while I do admit this book was funny and entertaining at times, it basically rubbed me the wrong way.

***********Spoilerage Below. Rant Ahead.**********

Issue No. 1:

I couldn’t relate to the heroine. She is naïve, whiny and has low self-confidence. She blushes all the time, needs to be looked after and has to be carried around because she forgets to take he
Mo
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

First off I want to say that I love Kristan Higgins. Have read all her books and totally love her stories, her characters, her humour, her dogs…. She has it all. Felt like I was waiting forever for this one as it only just became available NOW on KINDLE in Europe – why make us wait so long? Not fair…..

It is the story of Faith and Levi…. Oh and Jeremy is in there somewhere too.

Faith left her hometown after she was jilted at the altar.

Everybody loves her, she is popular, well off, has lots of
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just love Kristan Higgins’ author’s “voice.” She could write the phone book, and I’m sure I’d read it.
Kiki
Sorry Mou, couldn't like the hero. I tried.
1. He had lots, she had ONE- her gay ex fiancé who pretended she's Justin Timberlake wearing a hoodie.
2. HE dumps her when she was upset because he's been spending time with his ex wife and he wasn't clued in her plans. He DUMPS her where she merely was looking for space while he was off emotionally cheating with his ex wife.
3. He DOES emotionally cheat with his ex wife. She wanted to talk, she wants him back, he says no. Who the fuck on their right mi
Amy | Foxy Blogs
I just finished listening to this one which makes it the second book for me by this author.

Since I read the second book first I knew a little bit about this story. I knew Faith was engaged to the love her life but was left at the altar when Jeremy came to terms with his true feelings. It wasn't that he didn't love her but that he was gay and had never accepted that as who he was until his best man, Levi, challenged him to see what he really wanted in life.

The title is so fitting for this story
Didi
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
RE-READ JANUARY 15/16

10++++ MILLION STARS!!!!!!

I read this last year, loved it and then subsequently read everything else KH has ever written. I have faves from her amazing database, but some distinct standouts. This Blue Heron series is truly remarkable, but The Best Man is...UN-BELIEVABLY OUT OF THIS WORLD, FANTASTIC!

I noticed things I didn't the first time around, and frankly, fell in love with Levi and Faith even more. Much, much more. Levi, gah! I can't even tell you how incredibly amazing
♥Sharon♥
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo the best man_zpswqsyhijn.jpg

I am so happy that I decided to pick up one of Kristan Higgins books. I absolutely adored this story and I cannot wait to read more from her.

The Best Man is book #1 in the Blue Heron series. What I loved most about this story was that the romance between the two main characters was so refreshing to read. It was sweet, tender, sexy and there was just the right amount of angst thrown in too. Nothing was overdone.

This is Faith Holland and Levi Cooper’s story. Both characters were easy to love. Lev
Jonetta
The one thing you can always count on in a Kristan Higgins story is you’re going to experience just about every emotion before you reach the end…and that’s with the same characters! This one is no different in that your heart breaks for Faith Holland at the outset when she’s jilted at the altar after Jeremy Lyons, her fiancé, announces he can’t marry her because he’s gay. And, his best man, Levi Cooper, is the one that halted the wedding to make him fess up. Since they were planning to honeymoon ...more
I was late to the game when I finally found Kristan Higgins. My first experience with her was the perfection that was If You Only Knew. Although her former works are probably very good, if you've read any of her newer stuff, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say nothing else compares. The Best Man was published in 2013 and is the first installment in a series of romances set in the community of Blue Heron. I found it to be a good contemporary romance for adults. Overall, I liked it. It w ...more
Duchess Nicole
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jill Shalvis, Bella Andre, Terri Osburn
I just loved Faith and Levi! This is the first in the Blue Heron series by Kristan Higgins and my fourth book to read of hers. She never fails to impress me with her evocative, if somewhat long winded family drama and sweet, slow, believable romances. Add in a dash of humor that is seriously chuckle-worthy, and I'm game for everything she can throw at me. And anyone who calls enemies hemorrhoids and utilizes Fifty Shades of Grey as sexy, silly comic relief is, quite frankly, DA BOMB!

This is set
Floripiquita
Este es el cuarto libro que leo de esta autora y menos en Too Good to be True, por ahora el mejor que he leído, se repite casi siempre el mismo patrón: protagonista divertida y bonita pero no un bellezon, que suele ser una metepatas de cuidado, tiene un perro, una familia pelin chiflada y vive en un pueblo pequeño y pintoresco, se enamora de un tiarron de pocas palabras pero grandes acciones que vuelve su mundo del revés.

Esta historia no es una excepción, pero no importa, cumple lo que promete:
Lisa Kay
Rose Quartz

★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Amy Rubinate is another narrator I haven't heard before, but I quite liked her. I do think she did a better job on the second half of the story, but maybe that is influenced by my liking the later half better. When a character’s voice is supposed to hold a note of humor or derision, she handles it nicely.

In the first half of this book I thought the heroine was a bit too hung-up on what the hero did in the past. I kept thinking, “Geez, lady. G
Viri
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esperaba mucho más del libro. La primera parte me pareció muy lenta y a veces un poco aburridilla. Sip, si hubo algunos momentos hilarantes pero no los suficientes como para los comentarios esos que decían que te morías a carcajadas. Igual no era mi momento jajaja

Lo que si es que la segunda parte mejoró mucho y tuvo más romance, cosa que me encantó. Ideal para pasar el rato no más.
Yolanda
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
le doy 4 estrellas porque me he reído taaaaaannnntoooo
Amena y divertida desde el momento 0. Faith y su familia son un puntazo, todos y cada uno. Me ha gustado mucho el romance de Faith y Levi.
De verdad que vale la pena leerlo. Nos ha mantenido riendo toooodo el libro.
No me lo esperaba, ha sido divertidísimo!!!!
Si queréis pasar un buen rato, no dejéis de leerlo.
Olga, gracias por la compañía en este viaje tannnnnnnnnnn diver, no nos hemos podido reír más.
*TANYA*
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable book. Faith was a hoot!! I liked that this wasn't your typical "insta-love" type read. And the family banter was hilarious, great family camaraderie.
Karen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She's done it to me once again...

Ririn
26th March 2018

Read this for the second time.

And I'm falling all over again...

Ps - I didn't plan it, but it turned out that I've reread this on the exact date that I have read it before

**********************************************

I have a mixed feeling about this book. My preference ran along the lines of the funnier one such as Catch of The Day and All I Ever Wanted. This one is more similar to My One and Only and Someone to Love, which has a little darker side.
The heroine is still pathetic.
Grecia Robles
#RitaKristan
#RetoRita3

La verdad es que el único libro que había leído de la autora no me había gustado del todo pero fue hace mucho tiempo que lo leí, lo que no me acordaba es la manera tan amena de escribir de la autora.
Sus historias a pesar de que son pausadas y el principio un tanto aburrido no puedes parar de leer siempre hay algo que te incita a seguir leyendo.

Me encanta que esta historia se desarrolla en un pueblo pintoresco, creo que esa es una característica de la autora, donde todos se
Olga
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si queréis un libro para reír con ganas y sonreír cuando acaba la última página, este es el libro... La historia es pasable pero los puntos de humor de la familia de ella y de ella misma hacen que tengas que parar de leer porque te reís a más no parar!

Os lo recomiendo para un impass '
Alice Kellen
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5
StScho
I love me some Kristan Higgins. Just when I think she can’t reel me in any longer (not too impressed with her last book), she comes out with this gem.

Faith and Jeremy have been high school/college sweethearts. The happiest day of Faith’s life is when Jeremy proposed. On their wedding day, Jeremy jilts her (coward!) and his best friend Levi is mostly partly responsible. Years later, Faith is finally coming home. The past is in the past. Except for Levi….he is still definitely on her hit list (if
NinaReader
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really cute, sweet story!

This is my first Kristan Higgins book and I highly enjoyed it.

Faith and Levi have known each other since grade school but it wasn't until Jeremy moves into town that they really had anything to do with each other in more than a cursory acknowledgement. Jeremy became Faith's ever devoted and faithful boyfriend then fiance and Levi's best friend.

The wedding day was beautiful, attended by hundreds - of families and friends in their picturesque hometown when Levi was ins
Ami

I definitely had issues which reduced my reading experience. Now, the good thing was ... it had all the element of small town romance, heck down to the meddling secondary characters.

BUT, I felt that the romance was a bit lacking. For enemies-to-lovers theme to work, I need proofs that the animosity can change. Here, I just felt that both Faith and Levi spent more time with other people than being together and in love. I mean, how can I believe in them, when on pages, it seemed that I k
Juan Vorágine
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-6-junio
Un primer libro de saga que me ha recordado mucho a los "new adult" que tanto me chiflan últimamente. He leído el segundo de esta saga, protagonizado por la hermana de la protagonista de este libro, Honor, y he de decir que está a la altura de este. Espero que la saga siga tan fuerte, ya que es casi una apuesta segura. En cuanto a la autora, era lo primero que leía de ella, y me ha enamorado con la maestría de su prosa. Estoy seguro de que leeré todo lo que se publique de ella en nuestro país (e ...more
La Narradora
3,5 en realidad. Me ha gustado bastante, es de esas historias perfectas para leer entre otras más intensas. Los puntos más positivos han sido las risas y sonrisas que he tenido con las situaciones que la protagonista y su familia viven durante toda la novela y la escritura de su autora (que no conocía y me ha parecido muy bonita). Pero me esperaba algo más, por eso no le he dado más nota. Una historia entretenida. Probaré con alguna novela más de la autora a ver qué tal...
Amanda
I would have rate it 5 stars, if chick lit is the only genre I read. But sadly, I had read too much awesome romance, so although I kinda love this book, I gotta rate it 4 stars just to be consistent. I actually read this whole book in one night and then only I realize is actually 400+ pages. I had no idea how I manage it, but I did lose some sleep over it.

The first chapter itself had me laughing so hard that I have to stop myself looking like an idiot. Faith is having such a bad luck when comes
Elena
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Una bonita historia, sencilla, tierna y divertida. Me ha gustado la forma de escribir de Kristan Higgins, así que leeré algo más suyo, de hecho me gustaría seguir conociendo las historias de los otros miembros de la familia de Faith y de sus amigos. Una lectura que al haberla terminado me ha dejado con una sonrisa en la cara, no es una historia con un gran trasfondo pero era lo que yo necesitaba en estos momentos.
  • Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
Kristan Higgins is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. Her books have been honored with dozens of awards and accolades, including starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, Library Journal, the New York Journal of Books and Romantic Times. She is a two-time winner of the RITA award from Romance Writers of America and a five-time nominee for t ...more

Blue Heron (5 books)
  • The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2)
  • Waiting on You (Blue Heron, #3)
  • In Your Dreams (Blue Heron, #4)
  • Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5)
“Maybe love isn't just a bouquet of roses once in a whole. Maybe it's just sticking it out, when it's hard, when you're mad, when you're tired.” 25 likes
“I don't want to lose you, I love you, and…and that's all I've got.”
As speeches went, it wasn't great. As feelings went…different story.”
22 likes