Shadow Falls discussion

Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
This topic is about Chosen at Nightfall
Speculations > Who will Kylie end up with?

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Do you think it will be Lucas, the bad ass werewolf. Or Derek, the half fae determined not to let her go?

message 2: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (last edited Mar 17, 2013 10:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Personally I have switched guys. At first I wanted her to be with Lucas because he was so sweet and nice to her and Derek seemed like he had his own issues to deal with but now that I'm farther along in the series I really hope she and Derek work out their relationship issues because he accepts her in a way Lucas just doesn't, plus he wasn't bitterly disappointed when it turned out she wasn't his species (as was the case with Lucas) (view spoiler)

message 3: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Melissa wrote: "Personally I have switched guys. At first I wanted her to be with Lucas because he was so sweet and nice to her and Derek seemed like he had his own issues to deal with but now that I'm farther alo..."

I totally agree. I thought Derek was being kind of annoying at one point. But I always wanted her to be with him.
Lucas can be sweet, but he kind of freaked me out in the beginning, and he was almost never there for her when she needed him..

message 4: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments I know he loves her but he seems to have so many other priorities that make him seem like a jerk. He's always expecting something from Kylie and doesn't seem to get that she expects things from him as well. And whenever she does something he doesn't like she can bring up an example of him doing almost the exact same thing and his response is always 'it's not the same'.

message 5: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Ya! And when ever he goes off and does something stupid that he wont be able to get out of (like in Whispers at Moonrise) he says doesn't tell her until after the fact, or until someone else tells her. Then he says he can get out of it, even thou it's clear he can't :/
Where Derek understands her, and can feel what shes feeling (both literal and hypothetical).

message 6: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Yeah it's pretty annoying when he goes and does something huge, doesn't tell her and then expects her to understand. He knows pretty much everything about her fears, worries, and problems but she knows little to nothing about any of his.

And he's always condescending to Kylie, just going along with what she says or thinks when she's thinking through a problem and being all surly when it turns out she's right.

message 7: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments ya.
guys are complicated! lol
C.C. Hunter did a good job of showing that :p

message 8: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Very true :)

message 9: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments :)

Anushra | 3 comments LUCAS, for some reason I am all up for the bad boy kinda thing.... masochistic much....but if she chooses Derek i will cry. Which doesn't happen alot

message 11: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments I like Lucas and he puts others above his own happiness, but unfortunately since Kylie makes him happy he puts others above her as well. Which is what I don't like about him

Anushra | 3 comments Melissa wrote: "I like Lucas and he puts others above his own happiness, but unfortunately since Kylie makes him happy he puts others above her as well. Which is what I don't like about him"
True, but I feel like he works hard to make Kylie happy, and Something about Derek....

Booknut (booknut101) | 99 comments Finished reading Chosen At Nightfall - everyone in the series (well, nearly everyone) gets paired off! 'Team Lucas' and 'Team Derek' don't really exist in the end - everyone's content, and I think C C Hunter did a good job with smoothing over relationships.

message 14: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Booknut wrote: "Finished reading Chosen At Nightfall - everyone in the series (well, nearly everyone) gets paired off! 'Team Lucas' and 'Team Derek' don't really exist in the end - everyone's content, and I think ..."

Agreed.
And Since theirs only one book left, I find it had to believe that Kylie will pick Lucas or Derek (mostly Lucas) since they both hurt her.
But if she did somehow come to trust one of them anuf to be with them again, I would hope it would be Derek. She basically chose him first, and she enjoys his company, and he doesn't hid important things from her (view spoiler)

cecilia I finished it and unlike most characters with love triangles, SHE ACTUALLY PICKED THE RIGHT GUY!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Oh gosh I want to ask but I'm too scared to T^T I wanna know so bad but if someone spoils it for me I probably won't read the book as closely

message 17: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Lol

Elijah | 49 comments I think it should be Derek because he won't go off once a month and go at it with some random werewolf.

message 20: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments I agree!

cecilia I do not agree!!! I don't like Derek! He bothered me!

Elijah | 49 comments Yes but Derek is the nice guy. Yes, he did make a mistake, but look at Lukas he has made more mistakes then Derek by far.

cecilia I like Lucas!!! He's loved Kylie since ages ago, and it would break my heart if she'd chosen Derek. He irks me.

message 24: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Hey guys if you want to post a spoiler use html okay?

message 25: by Elijah (last edited May 07, 2013 05:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elijah | 49 comments It does not matter if he "irks" you it matters that Derek is the one emotionally bonded to Kylie. I think you might have a bit of a crush on Lukas which is the reason you are so pro-Lukas but You have to think from Kylie's angle. I mean Lukas took her heart and gave it away!?! All Derek did was not want the relationship to end badly sure he could have done it a little better but!?!

message 26: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (last edited May 07, 2013 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Crystal take it down a notch, over excessive use of exclamation points and question marks are frowned upon in this group

Elijah | 49 comments ok

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 592 comments Melissa wrote: "Crystal take it down a notch, over excessive use of exclamation points and question marks are frowned upon in this group"

ahaha.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I know who she ends up with I read chosen at nightfall it converted me

message 30: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments I know who too :p
But u can still pick who you would rather her be with :)

Elijah | 49 comments Sasha Herondale wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Crystal take it down a notch, over excessive use of exclamation points and question marks are frowned upon in this group"

ahaha."

There is another book left and who knows what could happen in that one?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucas is my new team, people

message 33: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara At first I couldn't stand Lucas and just wanted Derek and Kylie to live happily ever after but after the lake seen with Kylie and Lucas I couldn't resist. I was still mad at Lucas for leaving off like that in Born at midnight. I loved them both for so long but in the end I liked Lucas more but I still love Derek too.

message 34: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments I don't know if I'll ever get around to the last book. Can someone please tell me who Kylie ends up with? Lucas or Derek? Message me or put it in hidden spoilers, pleeease.

message 35: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments (view spoiler)

message 36: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Thanks Melissa. :)

message 37: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Yep ^-^

Wolf (Alpha) I like Lucas better.

message 39: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments Oh? I'm totally team Derek.

message 40: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Derek was good until Kylie actually started trying to commit to him then he took like seven huge steps back and started running

message 41: by Elizabeth, Queen of the Fae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) | 5662 comments True...
I just didn't like Lucas' character that much. Although I also found myself getting annoyed with Kylie's character.

Wolf (Alpha) Lucas seems like the bad boy and he actually care about Kylie. Derek seemed to only want Kylie for sex.

message 43: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Lucas was a trope who finally started getting some actual character development after Derek ran away from his feelings.

message 44: by Melissa, Chameleon extraordinaire (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa | 5451 comments Ahh this is such an old thread haha, welcome welcome

message 45: by Ali (new)

Ali | 1 comments I personally loved Derek. He was there at the beginning for her when she was scared and intimidated by the new people she had been meeting. Lucas, however, scared her and wasn’t the best at controlling his emotions, mostly emanating anger. But then as the book progressed, I found that Lucas was actually very find and battling things that he shouldn’t. Sure, he messed up, but to him, he didn’t see that he would hurt Kylie. He thought he was protecting her by not telling her, since he believed he would get out of marrying that girl. But none the less, I have not finished the series. I know who she will end up with but I have not seen it for myself yet. I’ve already cried multiple times to my boyfriend/best friend about this book and he laughs at me every single time as he holds me. Haha I can’t wait till the end!!! But I don’t want it to comeee!!!