Start by marking “Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)” as Want to Read:
Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)

Chosen at Nightfall

(Shadow Falls #5)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  27,094 ratings  ·  1,612 reviews
Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she l
Published April 23rd 2013 by St. Martin's Press

·  27,094 ratings  ·  1,612 reviews

Nicole
Oct 03, 2012 rated it liked it
GIMME. GIMME IT PLEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEEE.
AND KYLIE, YOU RETARD. MUST I SAY IT ANYMORE? PICK. DEREK.
LUCAS IS AN ASSHOLE. BIG TIME.
I DON'T EVEN SWEAR ON GOODREADS LUCAS BUT I JUST DID JUST FOR YOU SO SUCK IT.
AND HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SHIP LUCAS AND KYLIE? YOU MUST HATE KYLIE OR SOMETHING OK.

UPDATE 11-25-2012: Haha, how did I get so many likes for that???
BUT OMG YOU GUYS IT'S GETTING CLOSER. NOT CLOSE ENOUGH, BUT YOU KNOW.

description

So I've decided, if Kylie ends up with Lucas, I will show up at certain people's
Kyra
Meet Derek:

For real though, if he could crawl up Kylie's arse and live there, he would.

EDIT:

So I've had enough time to convince myself that Kylie's gonna end up with Derek... I'm in depression mode. I was just trying to keep my hopes down, because I get dissapointed a lot.
So now i'm just like this

Leave Me Alone to Die photo LeaveMeAloneToDie.gif

It's just so hard!!
Every time D shows up I have to force myself to keep reading. I have to remind myself that he's not on or mentioned on every single page. I don't get how some people fail to see i
Mal
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
(view spoiler) ...more
Booknut
'"I love you," he said, his voice almost musical with happiness.
She shot him a scowl. "Isn't saying that a bit dangerous considering these aren't wooden swords and the ends aren't even taped?"
He laughed.'

___________
Pre-reading review:

LOOK AT THAT COVER!

Kylie's all:

I'm personally throwing a big "THANK GOD SHE HAS TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO GUYS" Party. Thank the Lord! She's gonna make a decision! (*mutters* please not Lucas please not Lucas please not Lucas please not Lucas please not Lucas!)

Ferdy
Spoilers

Half a star for the lovely cover, and half a star for the very few decent secondary characters. Yes, I know, I'm being generous but I'm in a giving mood. Free sweets for everyone!

Random thoughts

Note: Some points may be repetitive, incoherent and grammatically incorrect. Just because.

-Kylie melodramatically ran away from Shadow Falls (a camp/supernatural school of some sort) after finding out her dirty-cheating-scumbag-werewolf boyfriend (Lucas aka WankerDickDieInHellBastard) cheated on h
Jayda Rose
Oct 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
hope to read! cant wait beautiful cover by the way!.

P.S. hope she ends up with Lucas.I know what he did was wrong but think about it....He did everything just to be with her! because when he would be in wolf council he could change things just to be with her! He loves her with all his heart i can tell by the way she explains him and i'm pretty sure that he would want Kylie to be his only love his only passion his only....wife not that stupid were he was supposed to marry for his fathers trust. I
Sandra
This is pretty much how i looked after finishing Chosen at Nightfalll

tumblr m6prz2s04m1r08c3oo1 500 zpsef60facc

tumblr lt750f TD911qm0tn1 zps12b051a8

Every other book in the series has been brilliantly magnificent and quickly became my favorite. I'm pretty much shocked to the bones that i didn't love this one, especially because it's the last book in the series.

Shadow Falls and C.C. Hunter fans...
tumblr me3ocv LMpp1ryb0hd zps8fef341c

If you don't know what this series is about it follows a 17 year old girl, called Kylie Galen. She is shipped to a supernatural camp, but nobody knows what she is (we find out a
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
***update***
Ok, so I can't say I'm very surprised. I can however say that even though I predicted it, I still enjoyed it. I have a few issues with it- but seeing as the series is over I'll just put them to rest too.

I really don't understand how people can pick Lucas. No matter how you dress it up he still cheated- whether or not it was for 'the greater good' of his pack, he still cheated, lied and had the cheek to be so possessive whilst this was all going on! They've always- to me- had more of
Twizzie
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I.Want.This.Effing.Book!

I wont eat my veggies until I do! Carrots will be crying.
~~
If I dont get it...someone's head will be flying.
I NEED IT!

There will be hell to pay if I have to wait any longer.

MWAHAHAHA!

~~

Only two more months. I CANT TAKE IT! I NEED TO SEE LUCAS GET HIS ASS KICKED!
I'll even do it myself!

Now, Miss C.C. Hunter. I'm sorry if I offend you:

Like faster?

Marija
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stare-cover
Update March 18:
GAh why can't this book come out sooner?! Agh I'm soo annoyed... C.C Hunter posted some clues about whats going to happen on her blog (i think a while ago but i didn't check) and now i have even less patience... *sobs while eating ginormous jar of nutella*

Update Feb 16:
AH ONLY LIKE A MONTH AND A HALF LEFT!!!(i think lol i'm not sure) I'm dying here.... I can't wait for this book anymore! *rips hair out*

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Why does it have to come out in spring? Why....? ;( But
Jacqueline
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
May 18 2016
I have to say reading this second time around I do agree that the last book is my favorite in the series, I would give it a 4.5/5 stars. Also completely agree with what I said first time around reading because this isn't the best series I've ever read but it's just pure entertainment to read!

July 24 2013
Awesome book for it being the last book in the series. Sad to see this series end I mean it wasn't the most perfect series but I loved it and it was just so entertaining definitely rec
MischaS_
Spoilers may be concerned; I'll really try to avoid them. I fell that I read this book just to finish this series. First two books were amazing. I loved them, but since then it was worst and worst.
I don't actually know what to say about this book, it was quite about nothing, and since the beginning, I knew that it was going to finish with happily ever after. So pathetic. And finishing the whole Mario thing was so unbelievable fake!
I never liked Derek and nothing change.
I still love Lucas, so I
Christie Watts
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG I am so flipping mad a Lucas right now!!! I just finished book 4 and I loved it of course. But now it's gonna drive me crazy til this books comes out.. Can't wait. I really hope she chooses Lucas I know what he did is wrong and I really like Derrek but the passionate Love that Lucas has for her has me won over. Anyway can't wait for chosen at nightfall to come out so we can see who she chooses...
Britta
Apr 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
I thought this book was by far the weakest book in the series. Kylie had developed into a whiny self-obsessed pansy who spent most of the book too afraid to face her own problems. Sorry to any Lucas fans but I thought she made a poor decision and the ending was forced. Lucas was an over-controlling, possessive and jealous a## the entire time and she glorified him and refused to see any flaws in him. I think it would be different if their relationship was based on more than just a schoolyard crus ...more
Annabel Blizzard
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
JUST CHOOSE LUCAS PLEASE. Derek just annoys the shit out of me -_- he's the safe option. Lucas isn't and I find him a more interesting character.

I DONT GET HOW PEOPLE WANT HER TO PICK DEREK LIKE WHY. OKAY I GET YOU'RE MAD A LUCAS. BUT. JFISODJFIOSJASD. just no Derek -.-

After reading-

OMG this was a perfect ending.
Tiana
Nov 20, 2012 added it
Let me just say I really love this series. And I love Derek and Lucas equally. But if that happened to me i would choose Derek. Unlike Lucas he isn't embarrassed to be seen with Kylie, just because his clan thinks its wrong. I know he's doing it for her in his own way but that doesn't give him the right to always be overprotective all the time. And Kylie always apologizes when she's done nothing wrong. That really frustrates me.
Alexa ❤️
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

“You will come to me, Kylie Galen, come to me willing to die, to suffer at my hands for my pleasure, because the price will be too great! Your weakness will take you down.” (Mario page 367).

The end of an era!!
(Bit don’t worry this may be the end of Kylie’s story but Della has her own trilogy and Miranda has her own novel as well - so you can get your Shadow Falls fix!)

CaN starts off with Kylie staying at the compound with her Grandfather and Great Aunt and all the other Chameleon
Courtney Howell
May 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: recently-read
As you can see from my rating, I was not a huge fan of the book or the series. Here are some of the reasons why:
1) Kylie is selfish and an entirely unlikable character. Throughout the whole series, I just kept wondering why I was reading it. While the others characters in the book tell her how she is awesome and selfless, all I can see is how judgmental and self-centered she is.
2) She is constantly obsessed with doing what is 'right,' which generally involves always telling the truth and not ha
Thuwaybah Moses
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
O.M.G I LOVE THE COVER I can`t wait to see who she ends ends up with......TEAM DEREK!!!:D. The way I `m so glad this is the last book in this series I don`t know if I could handle another one(and it`s not cause it`s a bad series it`s just this series needs to end):D ...more
Elizabeth Aguilar
A thrilling end to the bestselling series that started with Born at Midnight. If you loved the first four books, you'll find this one hard to let go off long after you read the last word.

Though I wasn't a fan of the series from day one, this captured my attention. It had everything a good supernatural read had: love triangle with two smoking guys, Derek (faerie)and Lucas (werewolf), strong and independent lead (Kylie) and a good plot. Fast forward four books and here we are now, at the end.

I was
Eleni Ouzouni
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-novels
Best end of the series!
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
This was a great ending to the series!
I'm sad to see another one of my favorites go, but am actually satisfied with the way it ended. (view spoiler)
You will not be disappointed by this book!
Ilovereadingbooks
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I. AM. SO. EXCITED. I MIGT HAVE A HEART ATTACK. I want to know about the chameleons and the ghost and about Lucas and holiday and SO MANY CLIFF HANGERS TO BE SAVED. I just might die. I'm still rooting for Lucas even if he was a douchebag after the last book!
Sierra Bates
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wish these series became movies!
Sammy
Aug 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
O_O

BLODDY HELL

CHECK OUT THAT COVERRRRRRRR

Oh my freaking goddess, that is beautiful!
O_O *stares*
Jessica
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'm finally getting around to reviewing this. I've been procrastinating writing this cuz I wanted to give a really good review without giving things away. So here we go...

I just want to start by saying what an amazing author C.C. is. Her books always pull me in and keep my reading really late into the night, and this book was no different!

I was sad going into this book knowing that this will be the last book through Kylie's POV, but C.C. does a really good job at ending her story. I mean s
Cynthia
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: can-t-wait
disappointed she picked Lucas over Derek but a very good book
Ileana
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This whole series was such a joyride!! Very fun and so enjoyable!! I only wish she'd ended up with Derek, but Lucas isn't ALL bad...
Tammy Egan
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really hope she picks Lucas.
♥ The Book Snob ♥
Oh my.. *_*
4.5 scintillating stars to Chosen at Nightfall.

~

photo Fam_zps8d72cc17.jpg

This was Shadow Falls for Kylie, and everyone in it. ^_^
Such a sweet, protecting and loving family.

And what a fabulous ending! This read had me wanting to punch some of the characters, hug them; or squealing, crying and doing the happy dance! PERFECT! :D

Due to how it ended, I don't feel VERY bad at saying goodbye to Kylie, Lucas, Derek, Della, Miranda, Perry, Holiday, Burnett, and each and every character in the book.

Of course, if the a
Shadow Falls: Who will Kylie end up with? 45 255 Jun 19, 2018 08:02PM
Goodreads Librari...: Add Book Cover please 9 31 Aug 28, 2017 04:23AM
Perpetual YA Book...: Sunday: Ch 39-END (pg 343-END) 3 2 Apr 07, 2016 01:03AM
Perpetual YA Book...: Saturday: Ch 32-38 (pg 281-342) 2 1 Mar 30, 2016 03:26AM
Perpetual YA Book...: Friday: Ch 26-31 (pg 229-280) 2 1 Mar 30, 2016 02:08AM
Perpetual YA Book...: Thursday: Ch 19-25 (pg 171-228) 2 1 Mar 29, 2016 12:37PM
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • The Keep (The Watchers, #4)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • The Rising (Darkness Rising, #3)
  • Angel of Mercy (Cambion, #3)
  • Blood Forever (Blood Coven Vampire, #8)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
C. C. Hunter is the New York Times bestselling author of over thirty-five books, including her wildly popular Shadow Falls and Shadow Falls: After Dark series. In addition to winning numerous awards and rave reviews for her novels, C.C. is also a photojournalist, motivational speaker, and writing coach. In February 2018, Wednesday Books will publish her contemporary young adult and hardcover debut ...more

Shadow Falls (5 books)
  • Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
“She tossed her towel on her dresser and turned to the bed where shed left her PJs. Only it wasn't just her PJs on the bed anymore.
Lucas, eyes wide, sat on the foot of her bed, about four feet from where she stood completely naked.
She squealed.
He laughed.
She dashed for the towel.
Once she had it around her, she glared from a still grinning Lucas to the door. "I'm killing Della!"
He laughed again. "I'm afraid I might have to protect her for this one.”
101 likes
“I...I'm sorry," Kylie mumbled.
"Don't you even try to talk your way out of me being pissed!" Burnett growled. "Not a word!"
"I just..."
"That's two words and I said not one!" he snapped, and he swiped his hand through the air for emphasis.
Kylie bit down on her lip, and wouldn't you know it that's when the tears started flowing. Big, fat, and fast tears. She sniffled and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. Her breath caught in her chest. But damn it. Why couldn't this have happened when she was alone?
"Those tears do not affect me, young lady!" He pointed a finger at her. While she couldn't hear his heart beat to the rhythm of a lie, she heard it in his voice.

***

"I just..."
"Did I say you could talk?" he asked. He did three more pacing laps, as if working off steam, before he looked at her again. "Where were you going, Kylie?"
When she just looked at him, he bit out, "Answer me."
"You said I couldn't talk.”
81 likes