Start by marking “Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)” as Want to Read:
Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)

Whispers at Moonrise

(Shadow Falls #4)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  32,736 ratings  ·  1,427 reviews
Shadow Falls Camp is back in session with the most explosive installment yet. A shocking new threat will rock Shadow Falls—changing it forever and altering Kylie's journey in ways she never imagined.

Even at a camp for supernatural teens, Kylie Galen has never been normal. Not only can she see ghosts, but she doesn't seem to belong to any one species—she exhibits traits fro
Published October 2nd 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Whispers at Moonrise, please sign up.

Booknut
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What I want to do to Lucas:

To sum up of Lucas and Kylie's relationship:

My mental image of Fredericka:

My current state:

My thoughts on the 'Lucas revelation':

I am now going to go curl up in my sock drawer and sleep for days.
Tatiana Sandoval
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My prediction for this book is that Lucas is going to be forced by his grandma to marry a were like Fredricka ( the were-bitch) in order to stay in the pack, but Lucas wants Kylie so I have a feeling he'll end up leaving the pack and being Kylie's soul mate. As for Derek, I'm at a loss as what is going to happen. i favor Lucas, I think because he's loved Kylie so long I think that they truly are soul mates, but I love Derek and his sensitivity swell:(((

October 3rd:

Let me just start by raising a
hayden
Feb 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
in progress

***This review will contain spoilers for the first three books in the Shadow Falls series.***

WHISPERS AT MOONRISE just didn't quite do it for me, unfortunately.

The fourth and penultimate book in CC Hunter's SHADOW FALLS series brings us back to the Shadow Falls camp with Kylie Galen and the gang. We have just learned that Kylie isn't a vampire, a werewolf, a witch, or part-fae; she is all of them. Of course, we don't know what this means for Kylie; we just heard it from some dead guy
Sarah Ann
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
She better pick Derek. Lucas is annoying to me. I just don't like him as much as Derek.

Just sayin'..
Jasmine
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG i cant wait until October. It seems like this is the month for everything I want to read to come out. But hey I am NOT complaining. Now to make my little comments:
1) The cover could of been soooooo much better
2) I hope Holiday and the big sexy FRU vampire agent get together FINALLY
3) Miranda and Perry are goig to fall in love
4) Della is going to get a boyfriend who can treat her right and who knows what she is
5) Lastly the whole Kylie-Lucas-Derek situation. Really a part of me is confuse
Alexa ❤️
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

‘Moonrise she thought. She felt again the whispers echoing in her mind. Whispers she couldn’t understand, whispers that both lured and frightened her.’ (Kylie Galen page 41)

Well we finally know what type of supernatural Kylie is - A Chameleon (not the lizard variety). now if only she could get everyone at Shadow Falls to believe her.

It was nice that Mario did not appear in WaM, it would be a bit boring and tedious if he appeared in every novel wanting a fight.

WaM was more about the
druidessprincess
I devoured this book in a couple of days. I really can't get enough of the characters in Shadow Falls! Every installment just endears me more and more to their interactions, foibles, and character flaws. It all makes me love them the more. Except for one particular character in this installment. *grumbles emphatically* Whose name I can't say because of spoilers. Damn you spoilers, I so want to call this character out on their bad behavior!! Needless to say, that particular character went down in ...more
Jacqueline
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
May 18 2016

I agree with my past self with how I can't help but enjoy reading this series! It's fun for me to read about the character and the world. Plus I enjoy the humor throughout the series!!

July 22 2013
These books honestly just something bout them makes me love them!!
Paulene
Oh my God!
Kylie is a Chameleon. What!?
And finally her pattern had changed Supernatural, as in, she can be a witch, fae, vamp, shifter...
It's so Cool!

but everyone was like
image

and Kylie was like

She totally poofed Zac Efron in their cabin instead of a 6-pack soda when she was a witch. It's more of Della's fault and it cracked me up. LOL

So many things are going on and since Kylie is just a girl, she can't handle too much.

She needs a break and her decision at the end is what's important. Hmmm...BTW m
Annie Brewer
OMG I can't wait for this!! I freakin love this series!!!!!!
Paige
May 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
I hope she ends up with Derek .
Ferdy
Apr 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Spoilers

-Firstly, the writing was atrocious — not all of it was bad but A LOT of it was.

-The plot was weak and predictable. Kylie had yet another mysterious ghost asking her for help to catch her killer/find her body/get closure… Naturally, Kylie did very little investigating… But she did do a whole lot of moaning. So that's something… Right?
Also, Kylie tried to come to terms with who and what she was — which was annoying because that was what she was doing in the last three bloody books. Surely
Erin
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, we're four books into this series, and I'm afraid I'm calling it quits. The concept for this series was so unique and exciting, and it could have been a truly epic story. We're talking X-Men meets Harry Potter and blows them both out of the water! Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to stale plot, extremely repetitive dialogue/thoughts from the characters, and a "love triangle" so infuriating that I don't want the heroine to get either guy anymore.

It seems I'm in the minority on disliking th
Lisarenee
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Notes: I'm one of C.C. Hunter's Street Team and received an advance copy of this book.

"Why does my life need to be so damn hard?"

Kylie Galen thought finding out what she was would make things better, but it didn't. If anything it just complicated things even more. She has finally discovered what type of supernatural she is, well, sort of. She knows the name, but not exactly what it truly entails. She is a chameleon and no one seems to know exactly what that is, but Kylie's hopeful it doesn't
Nicole Wang
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it

Kylie knows what she is now, but not what it means. She’s a chameleon? She’s a lizard? She has no idea what’s going on now and has more questions than answers. And to add to that, why did that ghost have Holly’s face? Holly isn’t dead yet…but does that just mean that she will? (ok, so there’s a spoiler in my review which means if you don’t want to know this tiny spoiler, avoid all paragraphs with a *) Not to mention that even though Kylie’s finally chosen Lucas, she can’t deny her feelings for D
Caitlin Smith
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

I still struggling with my feelings towards this series.

I’m not going to go into to much detail in this review, this is book 4 so if you want my thoughts on the characters check out my other reviews, because they haven’t really changed.

Ok, first things first, the damn love triangle! I just want it to be over! I have gone back and forth between Lucas and Derek so many times during these books and I’m just done. At the beginning of this series, I favoured Lucas, now he’s an overprotective ass
Suzanne
May contain spoilers

Whispers at Moonrise is the fourth book in the Shadow Falls series. And with only one more book planned in the series, I know I'm going to be deeply saddened to leave this world which I've really enjoyed spending time in.

Kylie is living at Shadow Falls, a camp for supernaturals. But Kylie isn't like the other kids at camp, she's not a vampire, or werewolf, or shifter, or fae. She's a chameleon, which means she has the DNA for many different types of supernatural. Not many ch
Naomi
You can't take these books seriously. Which I don't. They're so bad they're good.

The thing that annoys me about these books is not the dragged plot that just repeats itself (I survived Glee season 3).

But Kylie. Everyone only thinks about Kylie's safety, Kylie's species, Kylie's love life.

And everyone forgives her and defends her. In their world she can do no wrong. Sometimes it makes sense, like when she went into the woods to save... someone. Other times it didn't. Since when can a child ask so
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
******SPOILERS******

Not my favorite of the series.

Who cares about that awful love triangle? When you can have Burnett and Holiday! They are by far my favorite. If Ms.Hunter ever writes a spin off, I hope it's with those two! They are awesome.

Kiley...
Don't even get me started! That ending was super lame. I don't think Lucas is a jerk and I am pretty sure they will get back together, Kiley is just being dumb.
The girl totally went back to annoying the crud out of me.

I am through with the love t
Sandra
OMFG!!! I'm crying like a freaking baby right now!!! Why did it have to end this way?! WHY!!!!!?

You know that feeling when you read a book, get completely lost in the story, and before you know it you finished it and you just want more and more and more? You know that if you won't know what happens next soon, you will explode? Well that's how i felt. This series seriously NEVER disappoints me! :) I have waited SO LONG FOR THIS HEAVEN!!!

I have no idea how the author does it, how does she do it? E
Desu
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ahh, I can't wait till this books out.
I just finished the 3rd one. I love this series.
Grace C.
Apr 27, 2012 marked it as to-read

Predictions:

I think for this book Lucus will have to be with a werewolf and hopefully Kaylie will be with Derek.
Monica
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! I fell in love with the series when I read Born at Midnight, and for once these books come out every six months (about).
(Caution contains some spoilers)
THINGS I LOVED:

1) The plot, I had always hoped that Kylie would do something like she did in the end! Talk about a cliff-hanger!
2) That she found out what she was.
3) That we actually found out a little about Holiday's past
4) Burnett getting jealous over Blake. I mean finally Burnett shows some sort of affection towards Holida
Nicola
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitiv bisher der beste Teil. Kylie entwickelt sich mehr und mehr zu einer tollen, straken Protagonisten und wirkt nicht mehr ganz so dümmlich wie zuvor. Die etlichen Wiederholungen könnten meiner Meinung nach weiter reduziert werden.
Das Ende fand ich doch teilweise sehr überraschend, da die Bücher ansonsten bisher sehr vorhersehbar waren. Es war sehr Gefühlvoll und in meiner momentan sehr emotionalen Phase, konnte ich mir die eine oder andere Träne nicht verkneifen. :-)
Ich bin gespannt, was
Sarah⭐ The Ultimate Book Hoarder
Dammit she's never going to choose Derek, is she?

AND HE'S SUCH A NICE GUY TOO.
Mary-ellen
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
More of the same . . .
Kayla Edwards
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kylie is still trying to come to terms with being a chameleon. At least, that's what her dead father keeps insisting that she is even though no one else seems to have heard of chameleon supernaturals. She's also attempting to deal with the fact that Lucas' pack doesn't want him to see her anymore because she's not a werewolf. Life is getting complicated again. But all of that falls to the wayside when Kylie's newest ghost shows up. This one looks exactly like one of her closest friends - a frien ...more
Rebecca McNutt
I don't know about this one. I liked it at times, but it seemed like it wasn't very original or memorable to me aside from a couple of the minor characters.
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Loved it!!!
TJ
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nothing really new but still thoroughly enjoyable.
Derek or Lucas ? 32 121 Jan 01, 2019 12:45PM
Shut Up & Read: July Series-Read Along- Whispers at Moonrise (Shadows Falls #4) by C.C. Hunter 6 13 Jul 17, 2015 04:20PM
Shadow Falls: Town 417 21 Jun 12, 2014 10:50AM
Lucas really? 23 91 Mar 19, 2014 01:34PM
Kindle Book Sharing: * Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4) 1 5 Oct 03, 2013 03:12AM
♥ Young Adult and...: Whispers At Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4) 1 11 Sep 03, 2013 01:07PM
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Blazing the Trail (The Dragon Diaries, #3)
  • Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #2)
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
C. C. Hunter is the New York Times bestselling author of over thirty-five books, including her wildly popular Shadow Falls and Shadow Falls: After Dark series. In addition to winning numerous awards and rave reviews for her novels, C.C. is also a photojournalist, motivational speaker, and writing coach. In February 2018, Wednesday Books will publish her contemporary young adult and hardcover debut ...more

Shadow Falls (5 books)
  • Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls, #5)
“Take some very deep breaths," Miranda said. "Relax. Concentrate. Then envision a frosty six-pack and wiggle your pinky."
A frosty six-pack. Kylie inhaled. He held out her pinky, and right then Della chimed in. "We are talking a six=pack of soda, not a cold guy with good-looking abs, right?"

There was a strange kind of sizzle in the air. And suddenly appearing in front of the refrigerator was a shirtless, shivering guy with great abs. His blue eyes studied the three of them in complete bafflement.

"What the...!" he muttered.
Kylie gasped.
Miranda giggled.
Della snorted with laughter.”
124 likes
“The stupid vamp just asked me to marry him. Here, now? As if looking like I just died is how I wanted to be proposed to."
Joy did a lap around Kylie's heart. "And you said?"
Holiday took a sip of water. "I asked him if we couldn't just live together in sin."
"And?"
"He told me it wouldn't be a good example to our students. So...I agreed to marry him." She pushed a hand against her forehead. "Dear God, what am I getting myself into?”
101 likes