Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > Random topic thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 442 (442 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Mar 24, 2009 06:43PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
This thread is for posting when you just need to talk about something that doesn't really have an IR connection. That is not to say you can't do it on other threads. But at least you can come right here if you're dying to say something.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I just watched Punisher: War Zone. It was really really gross. I watched it because I'm a comic book geek, and I liked the first movie, plus I think Ray Stevenson who plays The Punisher is kinda cute. Talking about gratitious violence. Yuck. I love action movies but I don't like that kind of violence in my movies. Bleh! I bought the movie too. Oh, well. Maybe I will like it better when I watch it again in several years.

message 3: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2005 comments Mod
Did you see the Thomas Jane version, Danielle? I thought they were going to make a sequel in that world but apparently they scrapped it for a reboot. Was supposed to take place in NY. I like Thomas Jane, he's yum lol.

I can't stand too much violence either. One reason I'm kinda turned off by Watchmen. What's weird/interesting is the Ray Stevenson Punisher version is directed by a woman.

message 4: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

PS Yay folders! :-)

message 5: by new_user (last edited Mar 24, 2009 09:04PM) (new)

new_user Yeah, I really liked the first Punisher, but I didn't really expect much from the second one. Watchmen was pretty bleak, LOL. So if you're not in the mood, best avoid. The philosophy in the movie was worthwhile though.

PS. What do you guys think of something like this or this as the group's icon? (Since we have the question mark right now, LOL.)

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6626 comments Mod
Thanks for creating this thread Danielle. We definitely need an off topic thread.

New_User, if Danielle is game for a picture, then I will vote for the second picture.

I can't wait until Primeval comes back on. I think it's this Saturday. I want to see Connor.

message 7: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Aww I love Brian and Kenya. :-) I like that pic of them.

New user, thanks for the info on Watchmen! Will bypass that until it comes on FX or something.

Btw did you like the Dolph Lundgren Punisher from the 80s? I vaguely remember that one but on this one list I saw that it rated second best next to Thomas Jane's version. Will prob have to check that out.

Random thought: Btw when you guys say you like sexy nerds, I keep thinking of McGee from NCIS. Yum yum.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae,

Connor is a sexy nerd to me.

Dolph Lundgren, isn't he the man that played He-Man?

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Will have to check out Primeval sometime. :-)

Yeah, I think he did hehe. He was busy in the 80s.

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

I use to like to watch the cartoon He-Man.

message 11: by new_user (last edited Mar 24, 2009 09:02PM) (new)

new_user I don't think I've seen the 80s Punisher, but I did like Thomas Jane in the role. Yummy. LOL. I can't see Lundgren doing a better job-- he's kind of cheesy, LOL.

Simon Baker is studly, isn't he? I want to see him in another charming role.

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

New_User, I guess you can go with the picture from Something New, which it should have been called Something Real, because interracial relationships are real.Maybe you can add the words, "Something Real" to the picture.

message 13: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

New User, I agree. He is pretty yum. :-) I think he used to have a show but sadly it's off the air now.

Arch, that's a good idea. It really should have been called Something Real. I would love to see more films like that one only going deeper into the relationship, maybe after the happily ever after. Kinda like that short film Chris Noth was in.

message 14: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks for sharing that clip Rae.

message 15: by new_user (last edited Mar 24, 2009 10:41PM) (new)

new_user Rae, you mean The Mentalist? I'm pretty sure it's still running. I don't watch much TV. That was a really cute short, btw. Loved it.

If Danielle agrees, will do that then. :) Btw, what do you think of Damien Lewis from Life as a sexy nerd?

message 16: by Arch , Mod (new)

New_User, I have never heard of this show. What station does it comes on?

Is Damien a nerd on the show? I've seen his picture on IMDB. He could be a nerd.

message 17: by new_user (new)

new_user ABC, Wed., @ 9PM ET, Arch. I guess he's not technically a nerd on the show, but he could easily be, LOL.

message 18: by Arch , Mod (new)

I have satellite, I don't get local channels right now. I have my converter box, but will get the antenna later.

Maybe IMDB has the episodes. I can watch them there, if they do.

Damien looks like he could transform into a sexy nerd.

message 19: by new_user (new)

new_user I think you can watch them online @ ABC's website. :)

message 20: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Yw!

That's it, New User, the Mentalist. :-)

How is Life? I just found out Gabrielle Union is his new partner and I immediately signed on to catch new episodes lol. But I hadn't heard about it until last week.

Ack but I missed it again this week. :-( I'll catch them online like NU suggested.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Rae wrote: "Did you see the Thomas Jane version, Danielle? I thought they were going to make a sequel in that world but apparently they scrapped it for a reboot. Was supposed to take place in NY. I like Thomas..."

Yeah, even though the second (or should I say third) Punisher is closer to the comic, I like TJ's better.

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

new_user wrote: "Yeah, I really liked the first Punisher, but I didn't really expect much from the second one. Watchmen was pretty bleak, LOL. So if you're not in the mood, best avoid. The philosophy in the movie w..."

I love both icons, but I'm leading towards the Something New icon because of the flowers. I love flowers. :)

Thanks for working on a picture. I wasn't sure which one to post because I don't want to offend any writers by choosing one's book cover over another. You are a mover and a shaker, New_User. :)

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

new_user wrote: "Yeah, I really liked the first Punisher, but I didn't really expect much from the second one. Watchmen was pretty bleak, LOL. So if you're not in the mood, best avoid. The philosophy in the movie w..."

Yeah my sister said to wait on Watchmen. After suffering though Punisher War Zone with a sick feeling in my stomach, I do think I'll hold off on that one for a while. Good thing is I was feeling some happiness writing my story about finding love at the time or I'd really have been in a downer mood.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Arch wrote: "Thanks for creating this thread Danielle. We definitely need an off topic thread.

New_User, if Danielle is game for a picture, then I will vote for the second picture.

I can't wait until Prim..."

I'm excited about Primeval, but for Nick Cutter (Douglas Henshall). You know how I am about him, Arch. :)

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Mar 25, 2009 04:12AM) (new)

Rae wrote: "Aww I love Brian and Kenya. :-) I like that pic of them.

New user, thanks for the info on Watchmen! Will bypass that until it comes on FX or something.

Btw did you like the Dolph Lundgren Punishe..."

Great minds think alike. I love McGee. He's so adorable. :)
I didn't like the Dolph Lungren Punisher at all. I'd say I like the War Zone better but only just. It was well written but come on, punching someone in the face and having it implode like a ripe pumpkin, yeesh!

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

new_user wrote: "I don't think I've seen the 80s Punisher, but I did like Thomas Jane in the role. Yummy. LOL. I can't see Lundgren doing a better job-- he's kind of cheesy, LOL.

Simon Baker is studly, isn't he? I..."

Simon Baker, yum! I love the Mentalist, but my favorite on there is the Asian guy, played by Tim Kang. He is a hottie! But there's a lot of cute on there.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Rae wrote: "New User, I agree. He is pretty yum. :-) I think he used to have a show but sadly it's off the air now.

Arch, that's a good idea. It really should have been called Something Real. I would love to ..."

Oh my gosh, Rae. That was so cute. As if I didn't already have a thing for Chris Noth. Thanks for sharing. :) I'd love to see more movies/books like this.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

new_user wrote: "Rae, you mean The Mentalist? I'm pretty sure it's still running. I don't watch much TV. That was a really cute short, btw. Loved it.

If Danielle agrees, will do that then. :) Btw, what do you thi..."

You guys are moderators. You can choose the pic if you want. If you do books we should switch off so that it's not unfair to any given author.

I love Damian Lewis. I just want to run my fingers through his sexy red hair. It's very cool that Gabrielle Union will be his new partner although I thought that Sarah Shahi was beautiful although troubled.

message 29: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments Oh...I think Johnny Messener is a hottie! Love a man that has tattoes and a sexy voice. I also like Dolph Lundgren.

message 30: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "Great minds think alike. I love McGee. He's so adorable. :)

I didn't like the Dolph Lungren Punisher at all. I'd say I like the War Zone better but only just. It was well written but come on, punching someone in the face and having it implode like a ripe pumpkin, yeesh!"

Yeah! I agree. He's got that cutey pie/sexy nerd/brainiac thing going on.

RoFL ripe pumpkin. Ya that sounds VERY 80s action! lol

message 31: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "Yeah, even though the second (or should I say third) Punisher is closer to the comic, I like TJ's better.
"

I'd have to agree.

message 32: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "Oh my gosh, Rae. That was so cute. As if I didn't already have a thing for Chris Noth. Thanks for sharing. :) I'd love to see more movies/books like this."

Oh, I would love to see more like that. Definitely! The stories are ripe for the telling. :-)

message 33: by Arch , Mod (new)

I don't have anything against Chris Noth, but when he was on Law and Order CI, I couldn't watch the episodes. I had to see Bobby. He makes the show for me.

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Marie wrote: "Oh...I think Johnny Messener is a hottie! Love a man that has tattoes and a sexy voice. I also like Dolph Lundgren."

Johnny Messner is absolutely hot. He is my Butch in Lover Awakened by JR Ward. Yum! Is one of your heroes modeled after Johnny, Marie?

message 35: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Arch wrote: "I don't have anything against Chris Noth, but when he was on Law and Order CI, I couldn't watch the episodes. I had to see Bobby. He makes the show for me."

I agree about Vincent/Bobby. I have had a persistent crush on him. But I've liked Chris for a while too.

message 36: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I liked Chris in the original Law and Order with Robinette, Zundza and Moriarty. They were an awesome group. Chris is kinda strange in Criminal Intent but I love D'Onofrio. He rocks in anything. :-D

Looking forward to seeing Jeff Goldblum's stint on the show.

message 37: by Arch , Mod (new)

LOL, the fly is going to be on CI.

message 38: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments Yes, one of my heroes is modeled after Johnny. Do you want to guess which one?

message 39: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

LOL @ the fly. Ack! Weird visual of the fly solving murder cases.

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I don't know if I could. Can you give me a hint? I have so many more of your books to read, Marie. I don't think it's Storm or Rally.

message 41: by Arch , Mod (new)

The last part was funny. The outfit the guy had on.

message 42: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments It's Rally's best friend from Be with you.

message 43: by new_user (last edited Mar 27, 2009 02:39PM) (new)

new_user Eugenia, re: your Watchmen post, I cannot agree with you more. You voiced my thoughts exactly.

While I thought the movie ultimately ended on a bleak note as a commentary on humanity, I thought there were important things that needed to be said and questions to be asked of viewers who usually never face any question more thought-provoking from Hollywood than "Who does the best stunts?" People need to be encouraged to think, I'll approve of any film that does.

I remember telling my brother that V for Vendetta was thought-provoking, and he asked me if I had been living under a rock. LOL. He was incredulous, but the fact is, there are a lot of people who will never ask these questions until they're presented in a 90-minute blockbuster, LOL. There are people who digest their life lessons that way (and why not? As long as there's some kind of exposure and learning going on.) It's a TV culture.

If we don't ask questions about our culture, it can't make any progress. (Maybe we should institute critical thinking classes, LOL. Skepticism was not just an eighteenth century movement, folks.) /rant

That's awesome that you subscribe to those journals, Eugenia. I think people could do with reading some academic/scientific journals now and then.

message 44: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Arch wrote: "I don't have anything against Chris Noth, but when he was on Law and Order CI, I couldn't watch the episodes. I had to see Bobby. He makes the show for me."

I was psyched when the n..."

Yeah I like Jeff Goldblum. He's handsome in an unconventional way. I was said when he and Geena Davis broke up. I love Geena Davis.

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Rae wrote: "Did you see the Thomas Jane version, Danielle? I thought they were going to make a sequel in that world but apparently they scrapped it for a reboot. Was supposed to take place in NY. I..."

Thomas Jane is yummy. He's a great actor too. I love Deep Blue Sea. Tom Jane...wetsuit. My hormones are flaring up! :)

message 46: by new_user (last edited Mar 27, 2009 02:40PM) (new)

new_user Yeah, I also thought it was interesting, the questions they asked about humanity. Can humanity be saved from its savagery? Is it worth saving? The ending of the movie seemed to be saying that no, it can't be saved, but that that is the way it must be.

Man, I sounded snobbish in that last post.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

The wetsuit, and Tom in it. 'Nough Said. And one of the Black guys didn't die. Another plus. :)

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

You did not sound snobbish, New_User. :)

message 49: by new_user (new)

new_user Eugenia wrote: "I think at the end they decided that the ends justified the means...Everybody else seemed okay by living in pretend world, we just sort of make it up and make it sound good."

That would seem to be the message-- except for that last piece at the end. I don't want to spoil for anyone, but I'm talking about that last scene after the fight, the very last one. That would seem to cast doubt on what went before. Definitely agree, though, that people went about their lives with a blind eye, that's definitely present in the movie. LOL. Deep, dude.

message 50: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I feel really shallow talking about Tom Jane loveliness in his wetsuit and you guys are discussing deep philosophical questions. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9